|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
UPSEE 2018 is conducted by Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU). Hence UPSEE is also referred to as AKTU Entrance Exam 2018. AKTU holds the UP State Entrance Examination once a year for the purpose of admission to B. Tech, B.Arch., B.Pharm., BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, MBA, MCA; 2nd year of B.Tech., B.Pharm., MCA (Lateral Entry). UPSEE application form 2018 will be available online to begin with. Interested candidates will get around one month window to apply online. Those who apply can, in time, download the admit card. AKTU is to decide upon exam date for UPSEE. Usually date of exam is in April. Get here all details as well as latest news on UPSEE 2018 exam date, application form, admit card, result, cut off, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern.
Date of issuance of UPSEE 2018 notification is expected in January 2018.
UPSEE is a state level entrance exam. There will be 11 papers overall. You can appear for a paper depending upon the choice of course to which you seek admission and are also eligible. Following is the expected timeline for UPSEE 2018.
|Important Event||Date (expected)|
|Release of notification for UPSEE 2018||3rd week of Jan 2018|
|Opening of online registrations||3rd week of Jan 2018|
|Closing of application form submission||4th week of Feb 2018|
|Make corrections in application form||4th week of Mar 2018|
|Download admit card||1st week of Apr 2018|
|Conduct of UPSEE 2018||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Issuance of answer key||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Declaration of result||4th week of May 2018|
|Counselling registration||3rd week of Jun 2018|
|Document verification||3rd week of Jun 2018|
|First round counselling choice filling||4th week of Jun 2018|
|First round counselling seat allotment result||4th week of Jun 2018|
AKTU will publish application form to result dates in UPSEE 2018 information brochure. Schedule of counselling will release in time after results.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Date
The first thing that you need to know about Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination 2018 is its exam date. Last year the exam was on April 16, 22, 23. The year before that, exam dates were April 17, 23, 24. This shows that exam is usually on the third Sunday, fourth Saturday, and fourth Sunday in the month of April. Therefore it is predicted that UPSEE 2018 exam dates could be April 15, 21, 22. However, final confirmation of dates will come from AKTU only. You can keep in mind that exam will be around that time. With this in mind, chart your preparation and revision.
UPSEE 2018 Application Form
If you wish to appear in UPSEE 2018, then you must submit the application form. Last time the form was available from January 18, to February 28. It is important to not only read information brochure but also instructions on the website. Following are some important facts about application form.
- AKTU will release online application form at upsee.nic.in.
- Although you may not be required to send hard copy of form to AKTU, even then you must keep a print out of filled form for future reference.
- You will enter personal, academic details in the form. In addition important documents upload section will also be there.
- Check the photograph specifications first. The photograph should be clear. It is equally important to adhere to size limit. Last time the upper limit on size was 100 KB, dimension was 3.5 cm by 4.5 cm.
- By the same token, dimension is important for signature. Thumb impression may also be asked for.
Following were the fee amount last time. Application fee for UPSEE 2018 is gender – specific, category – specific.
|Male, Transgender candidates of General, OBC category||Rs 1200|
|Female candidates, Physically Handicapped candidates of all categories||Rs 600|
|SC/ST candidates||Rs 600|
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
You will know whether you are eligible or not for UPSEE by going through the eligibility criteria. Those with requisite educational qualification must apply. AKTU prescribes course wise eligibility. Following are some of the key points.
|Course||Compulsory Subjects||Any One Of Following Subjects|
|B.Tech||Physics, Mathematics||Chemistry, Bio technology, Biology, Technical Vocational subject|
|B.Tech Bio Technology||Physics, Mathematics or Bio Technology||Chemistry, Bio Technology, Technical Vocational subject|
|B.Arch||Physics, Mathematics||Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology, Engineering Drawing, Technical Vocational subject|
|B.Pharm||Physics, Chemistry||Mathematics, Bio Technology, Biology, Technical Vocational Subject|
|B.Tech Agr||Agricultural discipline|
- B.Tech, B.Pharm, BHMCT, BFAD, BFA: Candidates must pass intermediate (class 12th) without grace marks in each compulsory subject, one optional subject. In addition, they must secure minimum 45% (40% for SC / ST) aggregate in 3 subjects.
- B.Arch: Candidates must pass intermediate (class 12th). Also, they must secure minimum 50% in aggregate. Moreover they should have passed each compulsory and one optional subject without grace marks. Those who have three years Diploma in Architecture (10+3) with 50% at least without grace are also eligible. In this case, they will appear for UPSEE 2018 B.Arch entrance exam.
- B.Tech Agr: Candidates must pass intermediate (class 12th). They also need 45% without grace (40% for SC / ST) aggregate. Those who are eligible for first year B.Tech are also eligible for B.Tech Agr.
- B.Tech Bio Technology: Eligible candidates of B.Tech are also eligible for B.Tech Bio Technology.
Eligibility criteria for UPSEE 2018 MBA, MCA
- MBA in institutions affiliated to AKTU: You should have passed Bachelors degree of at least 3 years. In Bachelors, minimum marks should be 50% (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate.
- MCA in institutions affiliated to AKTU: Same educational qualification requirement as above. In addition, you should have passed Mathematics at either 10+2 or Graduation level.
- For MBA, MCA in other institutes, please read eligibility criteria section in UPSEE 2018 information brochure.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern of UPSEE 2018 will be indeed available when information brochure releases. An overview of last year exam pattern is here.
|S.No.||Name of Paper||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|3||Paper 3||AG I||50||600|
|5||Paper 5||General Awareness Aptitude Test (BHMCT, BFAD, BFA)||75||300|
|6||Paper 6||Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|7||Paper 7||Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|8||Paper 8||B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|9||Paper 9||MBA Aptitude Test||100||400|
|10||Paper 10||MCA Aptitude Test||100||400|
|11||Paper 11||2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||100||400|
Mode of UPSEE
Few papers of UPSEE are pen and paper based exam. In other words, the question paper prints as a hard copy. Candidates need to mark answers in an OMR sheet. Other papers are computer based. In CBT mode UPSEE exams, questions appear on the system. Candidate marks answers on the system.
One of the key features of the exam is that it does not have negative marking. However, a record of incorrect answers is there. Number of incorrect answers comes into play during tie breaking.
There are multiple papers in UPSEE. Each paper serves a different purpose; for admission to different courses. A candidate will appear in a UPSEE 2018 paper as per requirement of that course.
Pen and Paper Based UPSEE
- Paper 1, 2, 3, 4 are pen and paper based.
Computer Based UPSEE
- Paper 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 are computer based.
Who will appear in which paper of UPSEE?
- Those who wish to get admission in B. Tech. or B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) will appear in Paper 1.
- Aspirants of B. Tech. (Bio Technology), B.Pharm will appear in either Paper 1 or Paper 2.
- B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) only candidates will appear in Paper 3.
- Diploma holders of Architecture are also required to appear who want admission in B.Arch need to take Paper 4.
- BHMCT, BFAD, BFA admission seekers will appear in Paper 5.
- B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) who want lateral entry need to take Paper 6.
- By the same token, B.Pharm 2nd Year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders) who want lateral entry will appear in Paper 7.
- B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates) in order to get lateral entry will appear in Paper 8.
- UPSEE 2018 MBA entrance exam is Paper 9.
- UPSEE 2018 MCA entrance exam is Paper 10.
- Second year MCA lateral entry admission seekers will appear in Paper 11.
Insofar, official details of UPSEE 2018 have not been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as AKTU releases UPSEE 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.