AKTU/UPTU has released the admit card for UPSEE 2018 on April 20, 2018. The UP State Entrance Exam for B.Tech., B.Des., MCA (integrated), B.Pharm, and B.Arch will be held on April 29, 2018. Whereas, the paper for BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, MBA, B.Tech. 2nd Year, MBA, MCA, and 2nd Year MCA will be conducted on May 05 and 06, 2018. In all 11 paper are being conducted in UPSEE 2018. Out of these Paper 1 to 4 will be held in pen and pencil mode. However, Paper 5 to 11 will be held in Computer Based Mode. The candidates who will qualify UPSEE 2018 will be called for the counselling seat allotment round. Candidates can check eligibility criteria, application process, important dates, syllabus, exam pattern and more details on UPTU USEE 2018 from this page.
This year, three new courses have been added to the exam and these are B.Des, MBA (Integrated), MCA (Integrated). UPSEE 2018 will also be held in 8 cities outside Uttar Pradesh. These cities are Dehradun, Delhi, Mumbai, Bhopal, Patna, Ranchi, Jaipur, Kolkata. Furthermore, candidates can check the announced dates for the entrance exam and the expected schedule for the rest of the events of UPSEE 2018 in the table below.
|Release of notification for UPSEE 2018||25 Jan 2018|
|Opening of online registrations||23 Jan 2018|
|Closing of application form submission|
|Make corrections in application form|
|Download of UPSEE 2018 Admit Card for Offline Examination||20 Apr 2018|
|Download of UPSEE 2018 Admit Card for Online Examination||To be announced soon|
|UPSEE 2018 for UG courses will be held on||29 Apr 2018|
|UPSEE 2018 for PG courses will be held on||05 and 06 May 2018|
|Issuance of answer key||03rd week of Apr 2018|
|Declaration of result||1st week of Jun 2018|
|Counselling registration||03rd week of Jun 2018|
|Document verification||03rd week of Jun 2018|
|First round of counselling will be held on||25 Jun 2018|
|Spot round of counselling||29 and 30 Jun 2018|
AKTU was formerly known as UPTU and the students need not get confused.
UPSEE 2018 Schedule
The complete schedule for the examination has been released and is as follows:
UPSEE 2018 Admit Card
The UPSEE 2018 Admit Card has been released in online mode only. Only those candidates can download the admit card who have successfully registered for the exam. To download the admit card, applicants have to enter details such as Application Number, Password. The Admit Card for UPSEE 2018 consist of the basic information about the exam such as Exam date, timings and center, It is mandatory for candidates to bring the hard copy of the UPTU Admit Card at the examination center.
UPSEE 2018 Exam Pattern
- Paper 1, 2, 3, and 4: It shall be pen and paper-based test.
- Paper 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11: It shall be a computer-based test.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking; There shall be negative marking for any incorrect answer. However, a record of incorrect answers given by a candidate shall be kept separately.
|Name of Paper||Course Name||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||B. Tech. / B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) / B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 2||B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 3||B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)||AG I||50||600|
|Paper 4||B. Arch.||Mathematics||50||500|
|Paper 5||BHMCT / BFAD/BFA||General Awareness Aptitude Test (BHMCT, BFAD, BFA)||75||300|
|Paper 6||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) /||Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 7||B.Pharm 2nd Year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)||Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 8||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates)||B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 9||MBA||MBA Aptitude Test||100||400|
|Paper 10||MCA||MCA Aptitude Test||100||400|
|Paper 11||Lateral Entry: 2nd Year MCA||2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||100||400|
UPSEE 2018 Syllabus
UPTU 2018 will be held for various UG and PG Courses. The subjects for the entrance exam for each course is as follows:
PAPER – 1 (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)
- Motion in one dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Motion in two dimensions
- Work, Power, and Energy
- Linear Momentum & collisions
- Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis
- Oscillatory motion
- Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Magnetism in Matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Ray Optics and optical instruments
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics
- Acid-Base Concepts
- Colligative Properties of Solution
- Periodic Table
- General Organic Chemistry
- IUPAC: Nomenclature of simple organic compounds.
- Preparation and Properties Of the Followings
- Solid State
- Co-ordinate Geometry
Paper– 2 (Physics, Chemistry & Biology): Syllabus for Physics and Chemistry is same as above
- Origin of Life
- Organic Evolution
- Mechanism of Organic Evolution
- Human Genetics and Eugenics
- Applied Biology
- Mammalian Anatomy (Eg. Rabbit)
- Animal Physiology
- Plant Cell
- Seeds in angiospermic plants
- Cell differentiation Plant Tissue
- Anatomy of Root, stem, and leaf
Paper– 3 (AG-I, AG II & AG III)
AG – I
- Agricultural Physics and Chemistry
- Agricultural Chemistry Matter: Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
AG – II: Agricultural Engineering and Statistics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Statistics
AG – III: Agronomy & Agricultural Botany
Agronomy: Crops, Soils, Irrigation & Drainage, Agricultural Botany
Paper -4 (Aptitude Test for Architecture)
Part – A: Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Co-ordinate Geometry
2. Aesthetic sensitivity – Aesthetic sensitivity Test is aimed to evaluate a candidate for aesthetic Perception, Imagination, and Observation; Creativity and Communication; and Architectural awareness.
Part- B: Drawing Aptitude – The Drawing Aptitude Test is aimed to evaluate a candidate for his understanding of Scale and Proportion.
Paper – 5 (Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA))
- Reasoning & Logical Deduction
- Geometrical designs & Identification
- Selection of related letters / words / numbers / figures
- Identification of odd thing / item out from a group
- Completion of numerical series based on the pattern / logic
- Fill in the blanks of the series based on the numerical pattern and logic of the series
- Syllogisms (logic based questions), Identification of logic & selection of correct answers based on the logic
- Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude
- Arithmetical questions up to 10th standard
- Calculation of fraction, percentages, square roots etc.
- Profit & Loss and Interest calculations
- Data / Table analysis, Graph & Bar Diagram and Pie Chart analysis
- Questions related to common use of science (Physics & Chemistry)
- Health & Nutrition
3. General Knowledge
- Current affairs / Events (Political, Social, Cultural & Economics)
- Historical events
- Geography including Tourist Places / Sports
- Current affairs relating to Business & Trade
- Countries & Currencies
- Latest Who’s Who?
- Sports & Games
4. English Language
- Word Meanings
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Meaning of Phrases & Idioms
- Fill in the blanks
- Complete / Improvement of the sentences with correct use of Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs & Adjectives
- Reading comprehension followed by questions
Paper – 6 (Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering) – Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, Basic Electrical Engg., Basic Electronics Engg., Elements of computer science, Elementary Biology, Basic Workshop Practice and Physics/Chemistry/Maths of Diploma standard.
Paper– 7 (Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – I
- Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Health Education & Community Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutics – II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – II
- Harmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Drug Store and Business management
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
PAPER – 8 (Aptitude test for B.Sc. Graduate in Engineering)
- Linear Algebra
- Differential equations
- Complex variables
- Probability and Statistics
- Fourier Series
- Transform Theory
Paper – 9 (Aptitude Test for MBA)
- Section A (English Language): Grammar, vocabulary, uncommon words, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, relationship between words & phrases and comprehension of passages.
- Section B (Numerical Aptitude): Numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra, geometry and trigonometry, Interpretation of graphs, charts and tables.
- Section C (Thinking and Decision Making): Creative thinking, unfamiliar relationships, verbal reasoning, finding patterns trends and Assessment of figures & diagrams.
- Section D (General Awareness): Knowledge of current affairs and other issues related to trade, industry, economy, sports, culture and science.
Paper – 10 (Aptitude Test for MCA)
- Modern Algebra
- Co-Ordinate Geometry
2. Statistics – Theory of probability, Mean, Median, Mode, Dispersion and Standard Deviation
3. Logical Ability – Questions to test analytical and reasoning capability of candidates
Paper- 11 (Aptitude test for 2nd year MCA (Lateral Entry))
- Mathematical Structures
- Modern Algebra and Matrices
- Set Theory
- Number Theory and Methods of Proof
- Combinatorics and Probability
2. Computing Concepts
- Principles of Computer Science
- Proposition logic and Boolean Algebra
- Numerical Techniques
- Theory of Computation
3. Reasoning Ability – Questions in this part will be aimed to assess the reasoning and logical ability of the candidates.
Candidates can check the complete syllabus for UPTU and prepare accordingly by clicking on the link below.
- Click Here to check the UPTU Syllabus
UPSEE 2018 Answer Key
Afer the UPSEE 2018 exam is done successfully, the AKTU/ UPTU will release the answer key. The UPSEE 2018 Answer Key shall be published by last week of May 2018 in pdf format. With the help of the answer key, candidates can check cross check their answers and calculate their probable score. Also, the applicant can estimate their chances of qualifying the entrance examination. Applicants need to calculate their score as per the marking scheme, explained above.
UPSEE 2018 Result
The result for UPSEE 2018 will be published online at upsee.nic.in. The candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of the merit in the entrance examination. As per previous year’s information, the candidates may get their answer sheets scrutinized on payment of Rs. 5000/- per paper within seven days of the declaration of result. Separate Merit Lists for each course will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination. Also, after the declaration of result, merit position, score-card with total marks and marks obtained in each subject shall be available on the website.
UPSEE 2018 Cut Off
The exam conducting body, i.e., AKTU has not yet released any official notification regarding the cut off marks to obtain to qualify the entrance examination. Candidates need to obtain equal to or more than the cutoff marks in order to qualify the entrance exam and be eligible for counseling.
Previous Year Cut off Percentage
You may refer to the previous year cut off percentage. However, it may be expected that there might be an increase in the number, so prepare accordingly.
|Category||Cut off Percentage|
UPSEE 2018 Counselling
The candidate who qualifies the entrance exam and makes it through the merit list will be eligible to participate in UPSEE Counselling 2018. The successful candidate shall be intimidated by the counseling schedule through Newspaper and website. However, the allotment of seat shall depend on the availability of the seats on the day of counseling.
The 10% of the total sanctioned seats in Technology / Architecture courses in Private Institutions,
affiliated to AKTU, shall be opened to the candidates whose parent belongs to the State other than
Uttar Pradesh and has passed qualifying examination from an Institution located outside U.P. These seats shall be filled on the basis of UPSEE 2018 Merit. The reservation of seats for different categories shall be as follows:
|Category (U.P only)||Reservation of seats|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters||02%|
|Sons / Daughters of defense personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action or defense personnel posted in U.P./defence personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P.||05%|
|Handicapped / Disabled||03%|
UPSEE 2016 Closing Rank
In order to give the candidate an idea of what might be the outcome of first allotment result, here we have given the data for opening and closing ranks for some of the engineering courses for which admission was done through UPSEE 2016.
|Engineering Course Name||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Electronics & Communication Engg||372||34948|
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before proceeding to apply for UPSEE 2018, candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions as laid down by the AKTU. The eligibility criteria for AKTU 2018 is as follows:
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
- The candidates should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- The subject combination in the exam should be as below
|Course||Compulsory Subjects||Anyone of the Following Subjects|
|B. Tech/ B.Des/ MCA(Integrated)||Physics and Mathematics||Chemistry/ Bio-Technology /Biology / Technical Vocational subject|
|B. Tech.(Bio-Technology)||(i) Physics (ii)Mathematics OR Biology||Chemistry/ Bio-Technology / Technical Vocational subject|
|B. Arch||Physics & Mathematics||Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Biology/Engineering Drawing / Technical Vocational subject|
|B. Pharm||Physics & Chemistry||Mathematics/ Bio-Technology/Biology / Technical Vocational Subject|
|B. Tech. (Agriculture Engg.)||Agriculture Discipline.*||–|
- For B.Tech./B.Pharm./B.Des./MCA(Integrated) the minimum marks in 10+2 should be 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates)
- BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA(Integrated) aspirants must have secured 45% marks in qualifying exam (40% for SC/ST candidates)
- Minimum marks in qualifying exam for B.Arch is 50%
- For B.Tech. (Agriculture) admission, candidates must have secured 45% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates).
UPSEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
- MBA/MCA – Candidates must have secured 50% marks in Bachelor’s degree course.
- The MCA candidates must have also studied Mathematics in 10+2.
- If the candidates will be applying for MBA / MCA admission in college other than AKTU then they need to satisfy the criteria below:
UPSEE 2018 Application Form
The application forms are only available online. The candidates fist need to register by enetring Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Nationality, Domicile, Parent Domicile, Aadhaar Card Number, Gender, and Password. After the registration, the candidates will have to upload images and pay the application fee.
Application Fee: The application fee for the examination has increased due to the GST charges. It is Rs. 1300 for the candidates belonging to OBC, General, and Transgender category. However, candidates belonging SC / ST / Female / PH candidate is Rs. 650 only. The amount of fee can only be paid online, through Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card.
UPSEE Exam Center
The exam centers for OMR based and Computer based examination are different this year. The candidates can check the complete list below:
UPSEE 2018 Exam Centers for OMR Based Examinations
|Jhansi||Etawah||Kanpur Nagar||Kanpur Dehat|
|Bulandshahr||Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/Greater Noida)||Ghaziabad||Meerut|
UPSEE 2018 Exam Center for Computer Based Examination
|Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/Greater Noida)||Jhansi||Kanpur||Lucknow|