UPSEE is an entrance examination for degree level engineering institutions and other professional colleges has been assigned to Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. The UP State Entrance Exam for B.Tech., B.Des., MCA (integrated), B.Pharm, and B.Arch will be held in the month of April. Whereas, the paper for BHMCT, BFAD, BFA, MBA, B.Tech. 2nd Year, MBA, MCA, and 2nd Year MCA will be conducted in the month of May. In all 11 paper are being conducted in UPSEE . Out of these Paper 1 to 4 will be held in pen and pencil mode. However, Paper 5 to 11 will be held in Computer Based Mode. The candidates who will qualify UPSEE will be called for the counselling seat allotment round.
The University is affiliating in nature and its jurisdiction spans the entire state of U.P. in affiliating B.Tech., M.B.A., M.C.A., B.Arch., B. Pharma., B.H.M.C.T., M.Tech. and Ph.D. programmes in 587 colleges/institutions imparting graduate, postgraduate and doctoral level training in all government and private institutions located all over U.P. in engineering, technology, architecture, pharmacy, hotel management and catering technology as well as M.B.A. and M.C.A. programmes.
|Important Event||UPSEE 2018||UPSEE 2019|
|Opening of online registrations||23 Jan 2018||Last week of Jan 2019|
|Closing of application form submission||30 Mar 2018||Last week of Mar 2019|
|UPSEE for UG courses will be held on||29 Apr 2018||Last week of Apr 2019|
|UPSEE for PG courses will be held on||05 and 06 May 2018||First week of May 2019|
AKTU was formerly known as UPTU and the students need not get confused.
UPSEE Exam Pattern
- Paper 1, 2, 3, and 4: It shall be pen and paper-based test.
- Paper 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11: It shall be a computer-based test.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 04 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking; There shall be negative marking for any incorrect answer. However, a record of incorrect answers given by a candidate shall be kept separately.
|Name of Paper||Course Name||Subjects||Questions||Marks|
|Paper 1||B. Tech. / B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering) / B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 2||B. Tech. (Bio-Technology) / B. Pharm.||Physics||50||600|
|Paper 3||B. Tech. (Agriculture Engineering)||AG I||50||600|
|Paper 4||B. Arch.||Mathematics||50||500|
|Paper 5||BHMCT / BFAD/BFA||General Awareness Aptitude Test (BHMCT, BFAD, BFA)||75||300|
|Paper 6||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for Engg. Diploma Holders) /||Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 7||B.Pharm 2nd Year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)||Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 8||B.Tech. 2nd Year (for B. Sc. Graduates)||B.Sc. Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||75||300|
|Paper 9||MBA||MBA Aptitude Test||100||400|
|Paper 10||MCA||MCA Aptitude Test||100||400|
|Paper 11||Lateral Entry: 2nd Year MCA||2nd Year MCA (Lateral Entry) Aptitude Test||100||400|
UPTU will be held for various UG and PG Courses. The subjects for the entrance exam for each course is as follows:
PAPER – 1 (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)
- Motion in one dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Motion in two dimensions
- Work, Power, and Energy
- Linear Momentum & collisions
- Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis
- Oscillatory motion
- Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Heat and thermodynamics
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Magnetism in Matter
- Electromagnetic induction
- Ray Optics and optical instruments
- Wave Optics
- Modern Physics
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Bonding
- Redox Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics
- Acid-Base Concepts
- Colligative Properties of Solution
- Periodic Table
- General Organic Chemistry
- IUPAC: Nomenclature of simple organic compounds.
- Preparation and Properties Of the Followings
- Solid State
- Co-ordinate Geometry
Paper– 2 (Physics, Chemistry & Biology): Syllabus for Physics and Chemistry is same as above
- Origin of Life
- Organic Evolution
- Mechanism of Organic Evolution
- Human Genetics and Eugenics
- Applied Biology
- Mammalian Anatomy (Eg. Rabbit)
- Animal Physiology
- Plant Cell
- Seeds in angiospermic plants
- Cell differentiation Plant Tissue
- Anatomy of Root, stem, and leaf
Paper– 3 (AG-I, AG II & AG III)
AG – I
- Agricultural Physics and Chemistry
- Agricultural Chemistry Matter: Inorganic Chemistry and Organic Chemistry
AG – II: Agricultural Engineering and Statistics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Statistics
AG – III: Agronomy & Agricultural Botany
Agronomy: Crops, Soils, Irrigation & Drainage, Agricultural Botany
Paper -4 (Aptitude Test for Architecture)
Part – A: Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Co-ordinate Geometry
2. Aesthetic sensitivity – Aesthetic sensitivity Test is aimed to evaluate a candidate for aesthetic Perception, Imagination, and Observation; Creativity and Communication; and Architectural awareness.
Part- B: Drawing Aptitude – The Drawing Aptitude Test is aimed to evaluate a candidate for his understanding of Scale and Proportion.
Paper – 5 (Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/BFAD/BFA))
- Reasoning & Logical Deduction
- Geometrical designs & Identification
- Selection of related letters / words / numbers / figures
- Identification of odd thing / item out from a group
- Completion of numerical series based on the pattern / logic
- Fill in the blanks of the series based on the numerical pattern and logic of the series
- Syllogisms (logic based questions), Identification of logic & selection of correct answers based on the logic
- Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude
- Arithmetical questions up to 10th standard
- Calculation of fraction, percentages, square roots etc.
- Profit & Loss and Interest calculations
- Data / Table analysis, Graph & Bar Diagram and Pie Chart analysis
- Questions related to common use of science (Physics & Chemistry)
- Health & Nutrition
3. General Knowledge
- Current affairs / Events (Political, Social, Cultural & Economics)
- Historical events
- Geography including Tourist Places / Sports
- Current affairs relating to Business & Trade
- Countries & Currencies
- Latest Who’s Who?
- Sports & Games
4. English Language
- Word Meanings
- Antonyms & Synonyms
- Meaning of Phrases & Idioms
- Fill in the blanks
- Complete / Improvement of the sentences with correct use of Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs & Adjectives
- Reading comprehension followed by questions
Paper – 6 (Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering) – Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics, Basic Electrical Engg., Basic Electronics Engg., Elements of computer science, Elementary Biology, Basic Workshop Practice and Physics/Chemistry/Maths of Diploma standard.
Paper– 7 (Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy)
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – I
- Biochemistry and Clinical Pathology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Health Education & Community Pharmacy
- Pharmaceutics – II
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry – II
- Harmacology and Toxicology
- Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence
- Drug Store and Business management
- Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy
PAPER – 8 (Aptitude test for B.Sc. Graduate in Engineering)
- Linear Algebra
- Differential equations
- Complex variables
- Probability and Statistics
- Fourier Series
- Transform Theory
Paper – 9 (Aptitude Test for MBA)
- Section A (English Language): Grammar, vocabulary, uncommon words, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, relationship between words & phrases and comprehension of passages.
- Section B (Numerical Aptitude): Numerical calculation, arithmetic, simple algebra, geometry and trigonometry, Interpretation of graphs, charts and tables.
- Section C (Thinking and Decision Making): Creative thinking, unfamiliar relationships, verbal reasoning, finding patterns trends and Assessment of figures & diagrams.
- Section D (General Awareness): Knowledge of current affairs and other issues related to trade, industry, economy, sports, culture and science.
Paper – 10 (Aptitude Test for MCA)
- Modern Algebra
- Co-Ordinate Geometry
2. Statistics – Theory of probability, Mean, Median, Mode, Dispersion and Standard Deviation
3. Logical Ability – Questions to test analytical and reasoning capability of candidates
Paper- 11 (Aptitude test for 2nd year MCA (Lateral Entry))
- Mathematical Structures
- Modern Algebra and Matrices
- Set Theory
- Number Theory and Methods of Proof
- Combinatorics and Probability
2. Computing Concepts
- Principles of Computer Science
- Proposition logic and Boolean Algebra
- Numerical Techniques
- Theory of Computation
3. Reasoning Ability – Questions in this part will be aimed to assess the reasoning and logical ability of the candidates.
Candidates can check the complete syllabus for UPTU and prepare accordingly by clicking on the link below.
- Click Here to check the UPTU Syllabus
UPSEE Cut Off
The exam conducting body, i.e., AKTU has not yet released any official notification regarding the cut off marks to obtain to qualify the entrance examination. Candidates need to obtain equal to or more than the cutoff marks in order to qualify the entrance exam and be eligible for counseling.
Previous Year Cut off Percentage
You may refer to the previous year cut off percentage. However, it may be expected that there might be an increase in the number, so prepare accordingly.
|Category||Cut off Percentage|
The candidate who qualifies the entrance exam and makes it through the merit list will be eligible to participate in UPSEE Counselling . The successful candidate shall be intimidated by the counseling schedule through Newspaper and website. However, the allotment of seat shall depend on the availability of the seats on the day of counseling.
The 10% of the total sanctioned seats in Technology / Architecture courses in Private Institutions,
affiliated to AKTU, shall be opened to the candidates whose parent belongs to the State other than
Uttar Pradesh and has passed qualifying examination from an Institution located outside U.P. These seats shall be filled on the basis of UPSEE Merit. The reservation of seats for different categories shall be as follows:
|Category (U.P only)||Reservation of seats|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters||02%|
|Sons / Daughters of defense personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action or defense personnel posted in U.P./defence personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P.||05%|
|Handicapped / Disabled||03%|
UPSEE 2016 Closing Rank
In order to give the candidate an idea of what might be the outcome of first allotment result, here we have given the data for opening and closing ranks for some of the engineering courses for which admission was done through UPSEE 2016.
|Engineering Course Name||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Electronics & Communication Engg||372||34948|
UPSEE Exam Center
The exam centers for OMR based and Computer based examination are different this year. The candidates can check the complete list below:
UPSEE Exam Centers for OMR Based Examinations
|Jhansi||Etawah||Kanpur Nagar||Kanpur Dehat|
|Bulandshahr||Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/Greater Noida)||Ghaziabad||Meerut|
UPSEE Exam Center for Computer Based Examination
|Gautam Buddha Nagar (Noida/Greater Noida)||Jhansi||Kanpur||Lucknow|