WBJEE 2019 – The online registration for WBJEE 2019 has started on December 26, 2018. WBJEE Board has announced the new exam date for West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination 2019. Now, the WBJEE 2019 Exam Date is May 26, 2018. Earlier, the exam was to be held on May 19 but it was clashing with JEE Advanced. Hence, the Board changed it. WBJEE is a state level entrance examination for admission in UG engineering, pharmacy, and architecture courses. The dates and details for WBJEE are available at wbjeeb.in. Interested candidates can able to apply from this page but do check the eligibility criteria before doing so. Check WBJEE 2019 dates, application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and more details from this page.
The score of the exam is considered by all the Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal. In the Private and Self Financing Engineering and Technology Colleges of West Bengal 10% seats are reserved for the JEE Main 2019 qualifying candidates.
|Information brochure released on||14 Dec 2018|
|Application form available from||26 Dec 2018|
|Last date to apply online||22 Jan 2019|
|Correction facility will open on||23 to 25 Jan 2019|
|Issuance of admit card begins from|
|WBJEE 2019 will be held on|
|Declaration of result|
WBJEE 2019 Application Form
To fill and submit WBJEE 2019 application form the most essential things are e-mail id and mobile number. Candidates should make sure that it is updated and functional. While filling the application form, the candidates will have to submit these details along with the Name, Father’s Name, Mather’s Name, Gender, and Date of Birth.
Other than this, the candidates will have to add information regarding themselves, education qualification they had, contact, and more. All the details should be entered correctly and must match the data in the respective certificated. Other than the information, candidates will have to upload photograph and signature in the application form.
Application Fee: The amount of application fee for WBJEE 2019 is as mentioned below:
- Rs. 500.
- Candidates can submit this amount via Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card.
Do not wait for the last day to pay the fee. Try and submit it as soon as possible. At time, there can be a technical error in the payment system due to heavy rush. So, don’t delay.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form Correction
West Bengal Exam Board will open application form correction window. It will be available online and will release after the end of application process. Most likely it will be available 3 days after the registration facility ends. However, candidates should not wait for this chance. Rather make sure that all the details are filling correctly in the application form before the final submit.
The following details in WBJEE 2019 Application Form cannot be edited:
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants who wish to appear for the WBJEE 2019 must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Only those who fulfill the eligibility conditions as provided below should proceed to fill the WBJEE Application Form 2019.
The candidate should be a citizen of India
- A candidate should have been born on or before December 31, 2002.
- The lower age limit for the candidate is 17 years as on December 31, 2019.
- There is NO upper age limit criteria for appearing in WBJEE 2019, however, except for admission in the degree level Marine Engineering course, where the upper age limit 25 years as on December 31, 2019.
The aspirants can check the educational requirement for appearing for WBJEE 2019 below for admission in Engineering and Pharmacy courses. Check the complete academic qualification details below:
For admission in Engineering Courses
- Should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, and Mathematics along with any one of subjects such as Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/ Technical Vocational subject as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates should possess individual pass marks in both Theory and Practical examination in all the three subjects.
- Should have obtained at least 45% marks in the three subjects taken together (40% in case of SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PWD)
- Must have passed in the English subject in 10+2 with minimum 30% marks
For admission in Pharmacy Courses
- Should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks in both Theory and Practical examination in all the three subjects.
- Should have secured at least 45% marks in the three subjects taken together (40% in case of SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PWD)
- Must have passed in the English subject in 10+2 with minimum 30% marks
Important Note: The students who will be appearing for the 10+2 examination are eligible to appear and apply for WBJEE 2019, however, the allotment of seats for admission of such candidates will be provisional and shall not be offered admission if they do not fulfill the academic qualification as above.
- There is NO residential/ domicile requirement to appear for WBJEE 2019
- However, the Residential/ Domicile requirement will be necessary for admission in the Govt aided Engg/ Technology/ Pharmacy college
- Furthermore, the domicile requirement is also necessary for those who wish to take admission in any reserved category seat
Who will be considered the Domicile of West Bengal?
As per the information provided by the Board, only the following candidates will be treated as domicile of West Bengal:
- Resided in the West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 years as on December 31, 2018; OR
- Students whose parent (s) is or are permanent resident of the West Bengal having the permanent address of the West Bengal.
Institute Specific Eligibility Criteria
As per the WBJEE 2019 Information Brochure, if a candidate wants to apply for a specific course in a specific University must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the respective College.
|Name of the University||Course(s) Offered||Academic Qualification||Required percentage of marks in the 10+2 examination|
|University of Calcutta||All available course except for Jute & Fibre Technology||
|Jute & Fibre Technology||
|Jadavpur University||All courses including Bachelor of Pharmacy and 5-year degree course in Architecture||
|5-year degree course in Architecture||Other than the educational qualification specified above, the candidates must have qualified either NATA or Paper II of JEE Main 2019|
|West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences||BTech (Dairy Technology)||
|Neotia University||BTech course in Computer Science and Engineering and Robotic Engineering||Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/ Computer Science as compulsory subjects||Should have secured at least 60% marks in the three subjects together|
|BTech course in other branches||Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects|
|BTech course in Marine Engineering||Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects||Should have secured at least 60% marks in the three subjects together and at least 50% marks in English|
|Aliah University||Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects||Should have secured at least 60% marks in the three subjects taken together with individual marks in each subject as well|
What is the required date of issue of:
Domicile Certificate – Before December 31, 2018 (Candidates should have been living in West Bengal for more than 10 years).
Income Certificate – Before December 31, 2018 (Family’s income for financial year 2018-19 will be considered)
Caste Certificate – No restriction on date of issuance.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Center
During the application form filling candidates will get 3 choices to submit exam centers. The exam centers once allocated cannot be changed. Hence, the candidates will have to make sure that they submit the exam center option carefully. The list of WBJEE 2019 exam centers is as follows:
WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for WBJEE 2019 will be issued to only those candidates who successfully register for the entrance exam. The candidates will be issued the WBJEE 2019 Admit Card online at the official website of the Board. No printed admit card will not be sent to the candidates individually. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the printed copy of the WBJEE Admit Card on the day of the test. The provision for downloading the Duplicate Admit Card is only available till the time of the examination. Hence, it is advised that you should save the WBJEE Admit Card 2019 on your device and take its 2-3 print out.
The WBJEE Admit Card consist of details such as the name of the candidate, date of the test, Paper applied for, the address of the test center, etc. Along with the WBJEE 2019 Admit Card, the candidates need to carry a valid id proof to the allotted test center.
What to carry with WBJEE 2019 Admit Card:
Along with the admit card of WBJEE 2019, the candidates will also have to carry few other things to the exam hall. These are as follows:
- Photo ID Card – Aadhaar Card / PAN Card / Passport / School ID / Voter ID Card.
- Coloured Photograph – It should be the same as that uploaded during the application form filling.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
This state level entrance exam is an Offline Pen-paper based test which consists of MCQ type questions. The exam will be of 02 hours duration. The aspirants who are preparing for WBJEE 2019 must be well familiar with its exam pattern and marking scheme to avoid any surprises during the examination. The candidates will have to appear for two papers in WBJEE 2019, these are:
- Paper I (Mathematics) – Those who will appear for both Paper I and Paper II, are eligible for admission in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and Pharmacy courses
- Paper II (Physics and Chemistry (combined)) – Those who will appear for Paper II only, are eligible for admission in Pharmacy courses, except for Jadavpur University
The candidates can check the distribution of question in each of these papers in the table below:
|Subject||Category I||Category 2||Category 3||Total number of questions||Total Marks|
|Number of Questions||Number of Questions||Number of Questions|
WBJEE 2019 Marking Scheme
Now, that you know the exam pattern, the next most important thing to know is its marking scheme. It is important that you should know if there is a negative marking in an exam or not. If you know the marking scheme for the entrance examination, you can easily strategize your preparation for the entrance exam.
|Number of possible correct option(s)||Marks for Correct Answer||Negative Marking||More than one correct answer||Marks for Unanswered Question|
|Category I||01||01||-¼ (25%)||-¼ (25%)||0|
|Category II||01||02||-½ (25%)||-½ (25%)||0|
|Category III||More than one correct option||02||0||For a partially correct response, marks given will be
2 x (no. of correct options marked+total no. of correct options)
WBJEE 2019 Syllabus
The next most important step for preparing for an entrance examination is to know its syllabus. The Board has provided the complete syllabus for WBJEE 2019 which comprises of the important topics which one need to prepare for the test. Check the WBJEE 2019 Syllabus from below.
WBJEE 2019 Answer Key
The Board has notified that it will publish the WBJEE Answer Key 2019 shortly after the exam is over. It will be available for download at the official website, wbjeeb.in. The Board will also publish the OMR sheets and recorded responses of the candidate at the website, two-three weeks after the exam. The candidates can use the Answer Key for WBJEE 2019 to cross-check their answers and calculate their probable score. If a candidate is not satisfied with the response marked in the WBJEE Answer Key, he/she can submit an objection in it by online mode. To submit an objection, the candidate need to pay an amount of Rs. 500 per question using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
The Board will then review the objection submitted by the candidate and will prepare a Final Answer Key for WBJEE 2019. The final key which will be published online will be online will be final and no further objection will be accepted.
WBJEE 2019 Result
The WBJEEB will announce the result for WBJEE 2019 online. It will be available in the form of Rank Card, which will contain details such as relevant marks, marks obtained in the subject, total marks obtained, etc. To download the rank card, the candidates need to log in by entering the necessary information. After the declaration of WBJEE 2019 Result, a merit list will also be prepared for the candidates who appeared for WBJEE 2019. A candidates whose name will be included in the merit list will be then eligible to take part in the WBJEE 2019 Counselling.
WBJEE 2019 Merit Lists
Based on the papers followed by marks scored there-of, two separate Merit Rank Lists shall be published by the Board as per the following details:
General Merit Rank: (GMR)
- The GMR shall be prepared based on the total score obtained in Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- This list shall be applicable for admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2019 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of GMR only.
- Candidates appearing in both paper-2 and paper-2 will secure both GMR and PMR if scored above the cut off mark.
Pharmacy Merit Rank: (PMR)
- The PMR shall be prepared based on the score in paper-2 only
- PMR shall be applicable for admission to all Pharmacy Courses except at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2019 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of marks scored in paper-2.
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of PMR only.
Note: Candidates appearing only in paper-I will not get any rank.
WBJEE 2019 Counselling
The Board will publish a separate notification for the details of WBJEE 2019 Counselling. Only those who qualifies the entrance examination and are included in the merit list will be eligible for the Counselling. The Board will conduct Online counselling for WBJEE 2019, which means, that, physical presence of a candidate is not necessary. The candidates will be allotted a seat on the basis of their merit in the entrance examination, choices filled, and availability of the seats. Such candidates need to report at the allotted college along with the relevant documents in proof of Date of Birth, Category, etc.
WBJEEE 2019 Contact Details: –
The candidates can contact WBJEE 2019 from the follows:
- Address: AQ 13/1, Sector-V, SaltLake City, Kolkata – 700091
- Phone Numbers: 033- 23671198 (Reception) | 1800-102-3781 and 033- 23671149 / 23671159/ 23671199 (Examination Toll Free) | 033- 23671148 (Registrar)
- Fax: 033- 23671149 (Examination) | 033- 23671148 (Reception)
- Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in
- Contact Online – Click Here to submit the query online.
- For more details on WBJEE candidates can download 2019’s information brochure | Information brochure (Bengali)
- For FAQ’s regarding WBJEE 2019 – Click Here.
About WBJEE Board
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was started in the year 1962 by the Government of West Bengal. The Board was constituted for the purpose of conducting Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses. The WBJEEB has been awarded the status of Statutory Body enacted vide “West Bengal Act XIV of 2014” named as “The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014”.