WBJEE 2019 – The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) had released the seat allotment result of WBJEE 2019. As the counselling registration and choice filling for WBJEE 2019 has over. Candidates can check the WBJEE 2019 Result and rank card at wbjeeb.in and wbjee.nic.in. The entrance exam had been conducted on May 26, 2019. West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) is a state-level entrance exam conducted by the board every year. Through WBJEE Scores, candidates are offered admission in UG courses like engineering, pharmacy, and architecture. For more information on WBJEE 2019 from this page.
For information regarding WBJEE 2020 – Click Here
As per the previous year’s data, 40% of the applicants seemed to belong from outside the West Bengal and in total, 1.25 lakh candidates had appeared for WBJEE. Candidates can keep a track of WBJEE 2019 related events, from below.
|Information brochure released on||14 Dec 2018|
|Application form available from||26 Dec 2018|
|Last date to apply online||22 Jan 2019|
|Form Correction Window||23 to 25 Jan 2019|
|Issuance of admit card begins from|
|WBJEE 2019 Exam Date|
|Release of WBJEE 2019 Answer Key||03 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of result|
WBJEE 2019 Answer Key
The Board has releases the official answer key for WBJEE 2019 online at wbjee.nic.in. Along with the WBJEE 2019 Answer Key, the Board also publishes the OMR sheets and recorded responses of the candidate at the website. The candidates can use the Answer Key for WBJEE 2019 to cross-check their answers and calculate their probable score. If a candidate is not satisfied with the response marked in the WBJEE Answer Key, he/she can submit an objection in it by online mode. To submit an objection, the candidate needs to pay an amount of Rs. 500 per question using Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
The Board then reviews the objection submitted by the candidate and prepares a Final Answer Key for WBJEE 2019. The final key which is being published online and no further objection is accepted on it.
WBJEE 2019 Result
The WBJEEB has announced the result for WBJEE 2019 online. It is made available in the form of Rank Card, which contains details like relevant marks, marks obtained in the subject, total marks obtained, etc. To download the rank card, the candidates need to log in by entering the necessary information. After the declaration of WBJEE 2019 Result, a merit list is also prepared for the candidates who appeared for WBJEE 2019. Candidates whose names are to be included in the merit list are then eligible to take part in the WBJEE 2019 Counselling.
WBJEE 2019 Merit Lists
Based on the papers followed by marks scored there-of, two separate Merit Rank Lists shall be published by the Board as per the following details:
General Merit Rank: (GMR)
- The GMR shall be prepared based on the total score obtained in Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- This list shall be applicable for admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2019 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects
- Counseling and admission are done on the basis of GMR only.
- Candidates appearing in both paper-2 and paper-2 secures both GMR and PMR if scored above the cut off mark.
Pharmacy Merit Rank: (PMR)
- The PMR shall be prepared based on the score in paper-2 only
- PMR shall be applicable for admission to all Pharmacy Courses except at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2019 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of marks scored in paper-2.
- Counseling and admission are done on the basis of PMR only.
Note: Candidates appearing only in paper-I are not given any rank.
WBJEE 2019 Counselling
The Board publishes a separate notification for the details of WBJEE 2019 Counselling. Only those who qualify the entrance examination and are included in the merit list and are eligible for the Counselling. The Board conducted Online counseling for WBJEE 2019, which means, that, the physical presence of a candidate is not necessary. The candidates are allotted a seat on the basis of their merit in the entrance examination, choices filled, and availability of the seats. Such candidates need to report at the allotted college along with the relevant documents in proof of Date of Birth, Category, etc.
WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for WBJEE 2019 is issued to only those candidates who successfully register for the entrance exam. Candidates can download WBJEE 2019 Admit Card online at the official website of the Board, wbjeeb.nic.in. No printed WBJEE 2019 admit card is sent to the candidates individually. It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the printed copy of the WBJEE Admit Card on the day of the test. The provision for downloading the Duplicate Admit Card is only available till the time of the examination. Hence, it is advised that you should save the WBJEE Admit Card 2019 on your device and take its 2-3 print out.
The WBJEE Admit Card consist of details such as the name of the candidate, date of the test, Paper applied for, the address of the test center, etc. Along with the WBJEE 2019 Admit Card, the candidates need to carry a valid id proof to the allotted test center.
What to carry with WBJEE 2019 Admit Card:
Along with the admit card of WBJEE 2019, the candidates also need to carry a few other things to the exam hall. These are as follows:
- Photo ID Card – Aadhaar Card / PAN Card / Passport / School ID / Voter ID Card.
- Coloured Photograph – It should be the same as that uploaded during the application form filling.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Pattern
This state level entrance exam is an Offline Pen-paper based test which consists of MCQ type questions. The exam is conducted for a 02 hours duration. The aspirants who are preparing for WBJEE 2019 must be well familiar with its exam pattern and marking scheme to avoid any surprises during the examination. The candidates need to appear for two papers in WBJEE 2019, these are:
- Paper I (Mathematics) – Those who want to appear for both Paper I and Paper II, are eligible for admission in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and Pharmacy courses
- Paper II (Physics and Chemistry (combined)) – Those who want to appear for Paper II only, are eligible for admission in Pharmacy courses, except for Jadavpur University
The candidates can check the distribution of question in each of these papers in the table below:
|Subject||Category I||Category 2||Category 3||Total number of questions||Total Marks|
|Number of Questions||Number of Questions||Number of Questions|
WBJEE 2019 Marking Scheme
Now, that you know the exam pattern, the next most important thing to know is its marking scheme. It is important that you should know if there is a negative marking in an exam or not. If you know the marking scheme for the entrance examination, you can easily strategize your preparation for the entrance exam.
|Number of possible correct option(s)||Marks for Correct Answer||Negative Marking||More than one correct answer||Marks for Unanswered Question|
|Category I||01||01||-¼ (25%)||-¼ (25%)||0|
|Category II||01||02||-½ (25%)||-½ (25%)||0|
|Category III||More than one correct option||02||0||For a partially correct response, marks given are as follows |
2 x (no. of correct options marked+total no. of correct options)
WBJEE 2019 Syllabus
The next most important step for preparing for an entrance examination is to know its syllabus. The Board has provided the complete syllabus for WBJEE 2019 which comprises of the important topics which one need to prepare for the test. Check the WBJEE 2019 Syllabus from below.
About WBJEE Board
The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) was started in the year 1962 by the Government of West Bengal. The Board was constituted for the purpose of conducting Joint Entrance Examination for admission to various institutions in West Bengal imparting education in medical, engineering and technological courses. The WBJEEB has been awarded the status of Statutory Body enacted vide “West Bengal Act XIV of 2014” named as “The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board Act, 2014”.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form
To fill and submit WBJEE 2019 application form the most essential things are e-mail id and mobile number. Candidates should make sure that it is updated and functional. While filling the application form, the candidates need to submit these details along with the Name, Father’s Name, Mather’s Name, Gender, and Date of Birth.
Other than this, the candidates have to add information regarding themselves, education qualification they had, contact, and more. All the details should be entered correctly and must match the data in the respective certificated. Other than the information, candidates have to upload the photograph and signature in the application form.
WBJEE 2019 Application Process Over!
Application Fee: The amount of application fee for WBJEE 2019 is as mentioned below:
- Rs. 500.
- Candidates can submit this amount via Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card.
Do not wait for the last day to pay the fee. Try and submit it as soon as possible. At the time, there can be a technical error in the payment system due to heavy rush. So, don’t delay.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form Correction
West Bengal Exam Board has opened application form correction window. It is available online after the completion of the application process. It was made available on January 23, 2019. Candidates had to make sure that all the details are filled correctly in the application form before the final submit rather waiting for this opportunity.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form Correction Window Closed!
The following details in WBJEE 2019 Application Form cannot be edited:
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants who wish to appear for the WBJEE 2019 must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. Only those who fulfill the eligibility conditions as provided below should proceed to fill the WBJEE Application Form 2019.
The candidate should be a citizen of India
- A candidate should have been born on or before December 31, 2002.
- The lower age limit for the candidate is 17 years as on December 31, 2019.
- There is NO upper age limit criteria for appearing in WBJEE 2019, however, except for admission in the degree level Marine Engineering course, where the upper age limit 25 years as on December 31, 2019.
The aspirants can check the educational requirement for appearing for WBJEE 2019 below for admission in Engineering and Pharmacy courses. Check the complete academic qualification details below:
For admission in Engineering Courses
- Should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, and Mathematics along with any one of subjects such as Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/ Technical Vocational subject as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates should possess individual pass marks in both Theory and Practical examination in all the three subjects.
- Should have obtained at least 45% marks in the three subjects taken together (40% in case of SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PWD)
- Must have passed in the English subject in 10+2 with minimum 30% marks
For admission in Pharmacy Courses
- Should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks in both Theory and Practical examination in all the three subjects.
- Should have secured at least 45% marks in the three subjects taken together (40% in case of SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PWD)
- Must have passed in the English subject in 10+2 with minimum 30% marks
Important Note: The students who will be appearing for the 10+2 examination are eligible to appear and apply for WBJEE 2019. However, the allotment of seats for admission of such candidates are done on a provisional basis and shall not be offered admission if they do not fulfill the academic qualification as above.
- There is NO residential/ domicile requirement to appear for WBJEE 2019
- However, the Residential/ Domicile requirement is necessary for admission in the Govt aided Engg/ Technology/ Pharmacy college
- Furthermore, the domicile requirement is also necessary for those who wish to take admission in any reserved category seat
Who are be considered the Domicile candidates of West Bengal?
As per the information provided by the Board, only the following candidates are treated as the domicile of West Bengal:
- Resided in the West Bengal continuously at least for last 10 years as on December 31, 2018; OR
- Students whose parent (s) is or are permanent resident of the West Bengal having the permanent address of the West Bengal.
Institute Specific Eligibility Criteria
As per the WBJEE 2019 Information Brochure, if a candidate wants to apply for a specific course in a specific University must fulfill the eligibility criteria of the respective College.
|Name of the University||Course(s) Offered||Academic Qualification||Required percentage of marks in the 10+2 examination|
|University of Calcutta||All available course except for Jute & Fibre Technology|
|Jute & Fibre Technology|
|Jadavpur University||All courses including Bachelor of Pharmacy and 5-year degree course in Architecture|
|5-year degree course in Architecture||Other than the educational qualification specified above, the candidates must have qualified either NATA or Paper II of JEE Main 2019|
|West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences||BTech (Dairy Technology)|
|Neotia University||BTech course in Computer Science and Engineering and Robotic Engineering||Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/ Computer Science as compulsory subjects||Should have secured at least 60% marks in the three subjects together|
|BTech course in other branches||Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects|
|BTech course in Marine Engineering||Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects||Should have secured at least 60% marks in the three subjects together and at least 50% marks in English|
|Aliah University||Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subjects||Should have secured at least 60% marks in the three subjects taken together with individual marks in each subject as well|
What is the required date of issue of:
Domicile Certificate – Before December 31, 2018 (Candidates should have been living in West Bengal for more than 10 years).
Income Certificate – Before December 31, 2018 (Family’s income for financial year 2018-19 is considered)
Caste Certificate – No restriction on date of issuance.
WBJEE 2019 Exam Center
During the application form filling, candidates get 3 choices to submit exam centers. The exam centers once allocated cannot be changed. Hence, the candidates have to make sure that they submit the exam center option carefully. The list of WBJEE 2019 exam centers is as follows:
WBJEEE 2019 Contact Details: –
The candidates can contact WBJEE 2019 from the follows:
- Address: AQ 13/1, Sector-V, SaltLake City, Kolkata – 700091
- Phone Numbers: 033- 23671198 (Reception) | 1800-102-3781 and 033- 23671149 / 23671159/ 23671199 (Examination Toll Free) | 033- 23671148 (Registrar)
- Fax: 033- 23671149 (Examination) | 033- 23671148 (Reception)
- Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in
- Contact Online – Click Here to submit the query online.
- For more details on WBJEE candidates can download 2019’s information brochure | Information brochure (Bengali)
- For FAQ’s regarding WBJEE 2019 – Click Here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.