WBJEE 2019: WBJEE Board will conduct WBJEE 2019. Is the Common Entrance Examination in offline mode (OMR based examination). The examination will be held for the entry admission of candidates who will be taking, the Common Entrance Examination for admission to Undergraduate Courses in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy and Architecture Courses in Universities, Government Colleges as well as Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes in the State of West Bengal. The application form for the examination will be available once the schedule is declared, and the candidates will be able to apply. A change in the eligibility criteria of WBJEE 2019 will be notified. Candidates can check the details eligibility, application process, dates, syllabus, pattern and more details on WBJEE 2019 from this page.
WBJEE 2019 Application Form will be released at the official website. Candidates who will fill the application form on time will only get their admit card for the entrance examination. Candidates who wish to appear in the 2019 examination must fill the online application form on or before its last date, you can fill the application form once the main schedule has been uploaded on their official website.
Schedule for the WBJEE 2019 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||2nd week December 2018|
|Last date for filling up the form||3rd week of January 2019|
|The last date for downloading confirmation page||3rd week of April 2019|
|Availability of downloadable Admit Card||2nd week of April 2019|
|Date of Online examination||3rd week of April 2019|
|The date for publication of result||3rd week of May 2019|
Candidates will be able to apply online for WBJEE 2019. Use the links below to know more details about the exam once the schedule is declared.
WBJEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for Admission: The current eligibility criteria is as below.
Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on December 31, 2019.
- A candidate should have been born on or before December 31, 2001. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the WBJEE-2019.
However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on December 31, 2019, and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on December 31, 2019.
WBJEE 2019 Application form
Application for WBJEE-2019 has to be done online only. There is no printed application form available. Once an application is received, it will be construed that the candidate agrees to all the terms, conditions, rules & regulations stipulated in the Information Bulletin and notices published by the Board for the said purpose. Any application not in compliance with the conditions specified in the Information Bulletin is liable to be rejected. Ensure filling the genuine application form available online at www.wbjeeb.nic.in. All the future communications will be sent through the registered mobile number and email ID. WBJEE will not be responsible for non-receipt of any communication by the candidate if the mobile number and/or the email ID will be wrong, non-existing or changed.
Once the registration details i.e. name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender and date of birth will be entered and submitted, they cannot be changed/modified/edited under normal circumstances. Also, the information must match exactly with the admit cards, mark sheets, certificates, photo identity cards, caste/category certificates etc. which a candidate has to produce at the time of entering the examination hall, during counselling, during admission and during registration with the University. Do not attempt to make any duplicate application & share your application number; password, security question/answer with anyone. Any attempt by a candidate to make duplicate registration will be stopped by the system.
WBJEE 2019 Application form Procedure
- Candidates will have to fill up various personal information regarding, Nationality, Religion, Income category, Address, Choice of examination zones, academic detail etc.
- In the end, the candidate will have to choose password and security question/answer.
- At this stage, the candidate can review the entire application and make changes as necessary.
- The candidate will then be asked to submit the application.
- Then an application number will be generated and SMS/email will be sent to the candidate.
- Candidates have to remember their password and security question/answer. If the candidate forgets the password, he/she has to recover it through “Forgot Password” option. There is no other way to
recover the password even by the Board if it is lost.
- It is not possible for any person/agency to change/edit/input any information without knowing the password.
- Hence candidates must not share their password with anybody. The Board will not be responsible
for any change resulting from sharing/ divulging of the password.
- At this stage candidates may log out or continue to next step.
WBJEE 2019 Admit Card
Admit cards will be generated on the notified date for the students. The candidate has to carry a printed hard copy of the admit card to the examination centre. Candidates must ensure that the admit card is not mutilated/distorted/ soiled even by accident. Candidates with such admit cards will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Candidates can also, generate duplicate admit cards only till the date of examination. Candidates are advised to retain their admit cards carefully in secured place to avoid any damage to the document. If a candidate needs a duplicate admit card after the examination, the same can be provided by the Board itself. In order to get a duplicate admit card, the candidate has to apply to the Board and pay a processing fee of Rs. 500/- by a bank draft in the name of “West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board” payable in Kolkata. WBJEEB will not verify the information provided by the candidate during online application. Admit cards will be issued only on the basis of the information provided by the candidate. All applicants, who appear to be prima facie eligible, will be issued admit cards and will be provisionally permitted to sit for WBJEE-2019. All verifications would be done during counselling, admission, registration with the university etc. If at any stage after examination it is found on scrutiny that the applicant is otherwise ineligible, his/her candidature shall be treated as cancelled even if he/she had appeared and had secured a Merit Rank.
Hence, appearing in the examination and securing a rank does not constitute a right/guarantee in favour of a candidate for his/her claim for admission. Keep copies of the confirmation page, admit card safe. It is not possible to generate a duplicate copy.
WBJEE 2019 Pattern
Questions will be based on the Syllabus for WBJEE-2019 as per the brochure. In every subject, all the questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions(MCQ) type, with four options against each question. There will be three categories of questions in each of the subjects. The number of questions, as well as maximum marks for each, will be provided.
WBJEE 2019 Syllabus
Questions will be based on the Syllabus for WBJEE-2019. Candidates can refer to the syllabus provided below for further information. And can refer to the pattern as well provided accordingly.
WBJEE 2019 Answer Keys
The Model Answer Keys will be published in www.wbjeeb.nic.in shortly after the examination process gets accomplished. For this purpose, candidates are advised to regularly follow the website after the examination procedure has ended.
- Any candidate can challenge any model answer key by logging in with his/her password.
- Challenges of the model answer keys will be accepted online through the link to be given for the purpose of www.wbjeeb.nic.in on payment of ₹500 per question plus the bank’s service charges. The amount is
payable by net banking/debit card, credit card, paytm or e-challan.
- The fee once paid is non-refundable.
- The Board will review the challenges and publish Final and Frozen Answer Keys.
- The Board’s decision in this regard will be final and no further communication will be entertained.
- Images of OMRs and machine read responses will be uploaded in www.wbjeeb.nic.in two to three weeks (tentatively) after the examination.
- Any candidate can view the images of his/her OMRs and machine read responses by logging in with his/her password.
- The candidates, who will not satisfied with the captured responses can challenge online through the link to be given for the purpose of www.wbjeeb.nic.in on payment of ₹500 per question plus bank’s
- A candidate can calculate his/her score from his/her machine read response and answer keys published. However if any candidate needs a calculation sheet from the Board, he/she will have to pay Rs. 500/- by demand draft for each paper. The calculation sheet will be sent to the
candidate to his/her email ID.
- The final result will be published in the form of Rank Card, which will contain all relevant ranks, total score and component scores in paper-I (Mathematics) and paper-II (Physics & Chemistry).
Candidates can view and download their rank card by logging in with their password once it has been declared, by the authorities of WBJEE.
WBJEE 2019 Merit Lists
Based on the papers followed by marks scored there-of, two separate Merit Rank Lists shall be published by the Board as per the following details:
General Merit Rank: (GMR)
- The GMR shall be prepared based on the total score obtained in Paper-1 and Paper-2.
- This list shall be applicable for admission to all Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2019 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of total marks scored in all the subjects
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of GMR only.
- Candidates appearing in both paper-2 and paper-2 will secure both GMR and PMR if scored above the cut off mark.
Pharmacy Merit Rank: (PMR)
- The PMR shall be prepared based on the score in paper-2 only
- PMR shall be applicable for admission to all Pharmacy Courses except at Jadavpur University.
- WBJEE 2019 Result Ranking shall be done in the descending order of marks scored in paper-2.
- Counselling and admission will be done on the basis of PMR only.
Note: Candidates appearing only in paper-I will not get any rank.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates obtain an equal score in the entrance examination, in such a case the tie will be resolved by applying the following methods in the following order for WBJEE 2019 Result:
Tie-breaking Rule for GMR
- The candidate who will secure less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry taken
together will be considered higher in merit.
- Another scenario could if the tie still exists, the candidate who will score more positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be placed higher. If this does not break the tie, the candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together will be placed higher in merit.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together will be given preference.
- Next method to break the tie could be to give preference to the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Candidate with more positive marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher if the tie is still not resolved. Followed by more positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions, and then more positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions if the tie is still not resolved.
- If the tie is still not resolved by applying the above methods, then the candidate with less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher.
- To break the tie, the candidate with less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions will be placed higher in merit.
- The final tie-breaker criteria will be by considering the date of birth of the candidate, The older candidate will be given preference over the younger one.
Tie-breaking Rule for PMR
- Less negative marks in Physics & Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry
- Less negative marks in Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions.
- Date of Birth of the candidate will be considered if the tie is not resolved by applying the above methods. The candidate older in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
WBJEE 2019 Counselling
- A separate notification with the details of e-counselling, seat allotment and admission will be published in www.wbjeeb.in and www.wbjeeb.nic.in shortly once the result will be declared.
- Only those, eligible for e-counselling, will be able to participate in it.
- Course-wise and institute wise availability of seats as provided by the authorities will also be published before counselling and allotment procedure.
- Credentials of all candidates participating in e-counselling will be verified at Reporting time, at the centres on stipulated dates.
Official Website: www.wbjeeb.in
For more details on WBJEE candidates can download 2018’s information brochure.