JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2014
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER) is one of the most reputed institutes of medicine and research in India. The institution announced notification of MBBS Admissions 2014 on 17th March 2014.
Application form and prospectus will be available in JIPMER and can be obtained in person or by post by paying the prescribed fee in cash or by bank demand draft.
There are 145 seats in JIPMER under MBBS course.
|Name of college||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER)|
|Admission on basis of||JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2014|
|Notification||17 March 2014|
|Date of Exam||08 June 2014 (10:00 am to 12:30 pm)|
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2014 Quick Links
- Application Form
- Information Brochure
- Admit Card
- Sample Question Paper
- JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam Reference Books
- JIPMER MBBS Previous Year Solved Question Papers
- Cut Offs
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2014 Important Links
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2014
The MBBS admissions are done on the basis of JIPMER MBBS Entrance exam. The exam will be conducted on 8th June 2014. The paper has multiple choice questions. The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination will be based on the syllabus for XI and XIIth.
The total number of multiple choice questions will be 200, equally distributed in the subjects of English-40, Physics-40, Chemistry-40, and Biology-80 and Zoology-80. Each answer with correct response shall be awarded one mark. There is no negative marking. The exam will be of two hours duration. A merit list will be drawn on the basis of the total marks of 200 obtained in the Entrance Exam by the candidates.
|Type of Questions||Multiple choice questions|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for every correct answer, 0 for no answer or multiple answers marked, no negative marking.|
|Duration of Exam||150 minutes|
|Subject wise questions|
JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2014 has to be submitted online.
The all india level examination is expected to be held in centers in Ahmedabad, Bangaluru, Bhopal, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Nagpur, New Delhi, Puducherry and Thiruvananthapuram.
The detailed notification and details of JIPMER MBBS Admissions 2014 has been updated here on 17 March 2014.
JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAM 2014 IMPORTANT DATES
|Online forms available from||19 March 2014|
|Last date for submission of online form||02 May 2014|
|Download of Admit Cards||20 May 2014|
|Last day of Request Letter to revise Category / Status in the Hall Ticket||02 June 2014|
|JIPMER MBBS 2014 Entrance Exam Date||08 June 2014|
|Results to be declared on||16 June 2014|
|Allotment of seat by Personal appearance||10 and 11 July 2014|
|Admission order issue to the candidate||16 July 2014|
|Commencement of Course||17 July 2014|
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.
The following original certificates should be submitted by the selected candidates at the time of joining along with attested copies.
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Statement of marks of the qualifying examination.
- Age Certificate showing the date of birth (Birth Certificate or X Std. Certificate).
- Character and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by Revenue Authority not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- In case of Other Backward Classes/ Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe, a Community Certificate, recently obtained from the competent authority – a Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates should produce the required certificate as per the format in the Annexure along with last three years Income Tax returns of the parents.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- In case of Puducherry residents, the Residence Certificate / Employer Certificate as required in the Prospectus.
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Proof of Registration as OCI (in case of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
- Four Passport size colour photographs recently taken.
- Original Hall Ticket issued by this Institute
Note: If any of the above original certificates is found defective, the eligibility for admission will be forfeited. If the certificates are in any other language, except in English, English Translation attested by a Gazetted Officer should be produced.
JIPMER MBBS Selection Procedure
- Biometric finger print and image verifications of the candidate will be done before counseling. If there is a mismatch, the candidate will not be permitted to attend the counseling apart from proceeding with legal action deemed fit by the Institution.
- All General candidates securing less than 50% marks, general OPH candidates less than 45% marks, Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes securing less than 40% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry , Botany and Zoology taken together in the Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
- A combined merit list of all the categories of candidates will be drawn on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates selected against the Physically Handicapped quota will be placed in the appropriate category in which he / she belongs (i.e. Unreserved/ Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Puducherry Unreserved / Puducherry Other Backward Classes / Puducherry Scheduled Caste) on horizontal reservation basis. OPH Candidates should be prepared to stay at their own cost for an extra day to complete the medical examination by the Board constituted by the Institute in order to certify their eligibility against this category.
- All the candidates will be considered for selection against Unreserved (UR) Category seats. Once the Unreserved Category seats have been filled according to merit on the basis of performance in the Entrance Examination, the remaining seats under the reserved categories viz. Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Puducherry Unreserved (P-UR), Puducherry Other Backward Classes (P-OBC) and Puducherry Scheduled Caste (P-SC) will be filled up by the candidates as per their eligibility according to the merit on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination. Provided further that any of the Puducherry Scheduled Caste (P-SC) / Puducherry Other Backward Classes (P-OBC), candidate comes within the Inter-se MERIT of Scheduled Caste (SC), Other Backward Classes (OBC), he/she will be offered admission against the Scheduled Caste seats/OBC seats respectively.
- In the case of two or more candidates securing equal marks in the entrance examination their inter se merit shall be determined as follows:
- Eliminating first English marks.
- If there is still a tie by eliminating Physics marks.
- If there is still a tie by eliminating Chemistry marks.
- If there is still a tie by eliminating Botany marks.
- If the tie is still not broken, then a candidate senior in age shall rank senior to a candidate who is junior in age.