NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission details are given here. North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) offers admission to students of the eight Northeastern states in India. To appear in the exam candidate needs to apply in the prescribed mode. NEIGRIHMS 2016 Entrance Exam will lead to MBBS admission 2016-2017 in around eighteen (18) seats.
Get here information on NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission including application form, admit card, result, eligibility, exam pattern, counselling and seat allotment.
The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) is an autonomous Postgraduate Medical Institute situated in Shillong. NEIGRIHMS is an Institute of Excellence in Medical Education & Human Resource Development by providing quality Medical Education. NEIGRIHMS Post Graduate (MD/MS) and MBBS courses are recognized by Medical Council of India. The institute offers 4 years 6 months MBBS course.
The admission intake for MBBS is as follows.
|Category||Number of Seats|
|NE (Open to all North Eastern States including Sikkim)||18*|
|Seats to be filled on the basis of Common All India Entrance Test by CBSE.||8|
Schedule of NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission is given below.
|Date of opening the Online Registration||26 Feb 2016|
|Closing date of Online Registration of applications||06 Apr 2016|
|Check status of application form, along with rejections and deficiencies||18 Apr 2016|
|Last date to comply with deficiencies indicated in the application form||22 Apr 2016|
|Downloading of admit card||09 May 2016|
|Date of entrance test||28 May 2016|
|Declaration of NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Test result||31 May 2016|
|First counselling||22 July 2016|
|Commencement of the Session||01 Aug 2016|
About Entrance Exam
- MBBS Entrance exam is conducted by the NEIGRIHMS, Shillong will be held in the months of May.
- NEIGRIHMS MBBS Entrance Test is conducted in English medium.
- The Entrance Test is of 2 hours 30 Minutes duration and has one paper consisting of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry, Botany , Zoology and English, consist of 40 question of each section.
- The Applicant must be a Permanent Resident / Domicile of one of the 8 (eight) North-eastern states of India including Sikkim.
- The Applicant should have studied and completed their course in the schools located in India in the preceding two years.
- He/ She should have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2016 the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S.
- The applicant should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or Botany and Zoology) and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology ( Botany & Zoology) in the qualifying examination
- Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2016 and whose results have not yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria are fulfilled.
Note: Please note that issue of admit card for the Entrance Test does not necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility of the candidates whose results of qualifying examinations are yet to be declared
Minimum Marks against which the seats were allotted in NEIGRHMS in last 2 years
For more details of NEIGRIHMS 2016 – Download Information Brochure