NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission details are given here. North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) offers admission to students of the eight Northeastern states in India. To appear in the exam candidate needs to apply in the prescribed mode. NEIGRIHMS 2016 Entrance Exam will lead to MBBS admission 2016-2017 in around eighteen (18) seats.
Get here information on NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission including application form, admit card, result, eligibility, exam pattern, counselling and seat allotment.
Latest update – NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam dates have been announced.
The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) is an autonomous Postgraduate Medical Institute situated in Shillong. NEIGRIHMS is an Institute of Excellence in Medical Education & Human Resource Development by providing quality Medical Education .NEIGRIHMS Post Graduate (MD/MS) and MBBS courses are recognized by Medical Council of India. The institute offers 4.5 years MBBS course. The admission intake for MBBS is as follows.
|Category||Number of Seats|
|NE (Open to all North Eastern States including Sikkim)||18*|
|Seats to be filled on the basis of Common All India Entrance Test by CBSE.||8|
About Entrance Exam
- MBBS Entrance exam is conducted by the NEIGRIHMS, Shillong will be held in the months of May.
- Notification and information brochure is going to be released in the month of February.
- NEIGRIHMS MBBS Entrance Test is conducted in English medium.
- The Entrance Test is of 3 (three) hours duration and has one paper consisting of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry, Botany , Zoology and English, consist of 40 question of each section.
Mock Test – Click Here to take the mock test.
NEIGRIHMS MBBS 2016 Notification will be released in the month of February before application form submission begins. The notification will have details of how to apply, exam dates, and other information. Candidates who find that they are eligible for the program can fill and submit the NEIGRIHMS MBBS 2016 Application Form before the last date for form submission. Students who will have applied for the examination will be getting the NEIGRIHMS MBBS 2016 Admit Card to bring to the exam hall. On the exam date, candidates will report to the examination center and take the test, after which NEIGRIHMS MBBS 2016 Result will be declared. All these events are marked with their date of occurrence in the table below.
Dates have been published in the examination schedule document released by NEIGRIHMS.
|Date of opening the Online Registration||February 15, 2016|
|Closing date of Online Registration of applications||March 31, 2016|
|Check status of application form, along with rejections and deficiencies||April 18, 2016|
|Last date to comply with deficiencies indicated in the application form||April 29, 2016|
|Downloading of admit card||May 9, 2016|
|Date of entrance test||May 28, 2016|
|Declaration of NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Test result||May 31, 2016|
|First counselling||July 22, 2016|
Candidates may please note that insofar, only the important dates of NEIGRIHMS 2016 have been announced officially. Rest of the details given are as per last year’s information brochure and only for reference. Information is provided here so that students who have started looking for NEIGRIHMS 2016 can get some idea on how the exam is usually held. As soon as NEIGRIHMS 2016 MBBS Entrance Exam and Admission brochure is released, details will be updated here.
The following eligibility conditions were announced last year. This year’s eligibility criteria will be announced in February.
- The Applicant must be a Permanent Resident / Domicile of one of the 8 (eight) North-eastern states of India including Sikkim.
- The Applicant should have studied and completed their course in the schools located in India in the preceding two years.
- He/ She should have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S.
- The applicant should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or Botany and Zoology) and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April and whose results have not yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria a), b), c) & d) are fulfilled.
Note: Please note that issue of admit card for the Entrance Test does not necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility for candidates whose results of qualifying examinations are yet to be declared
Minimum score required in the MBBS Entrance Exam to qualify
The following cut off was announced last year. If there is any change in this cut off it will be announced in Feb.
- Selection for admission to the 18 (eighteen) seats under the NE open seats category shall be based on the Entrance Examination.
- Candidates securing less than 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in aggregate in the Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
- A merit list of all the candidates will be prepared on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination.
NEIGRIHMS Website: neigrihms.nic.in