The North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) is an autonomous Postgraduate Medical Institute situated in Shillong. NEIGRIHMS is an Institute of Excellence in Medical Education & Human Resource Development by providing quality Medical Education .NEIGRIHMS Post Graduate (MD/MS) and MBBS courses are recognized by Medical Council of India. The institute offers 4.5 years MBBS course. The admission intake for MBBS is as follows.
|Category||Number of Seats|
|NE (Open to all North Eastern States including Sikkim)||18*|
|Seats to be filled on the basis of Common All India Entrance Test by CBSE.||8|
NEIGRIHMS MBBS Entrance Exam 2015
MBBS Entrance exam to be conducted by the NEIGRIHMS, Shillong on the 30th May, 2015 (SATURDAY). NEIGRIHMS MBBS Entrance Test shall be conducted in English medium only. The Entrance Test will be of 3 (three) hours duration and will have one paper consisting of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQs) from Physics, Chemistry, Botany , Zoology and English, consist of 40 question of each section.
NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admission 2015 Quick Links
- NEIGRIHMS MBBS Application Form
- NEIGRIHMS MBBS Admit Card
- NEIGRIHMS MBBS Entrance Exam Result
- MBBS Mock Test
Latest Update – To all the concerned that the Counseling for MBBS course for session 2015-16 from the 18 (eighteen) North East Open Category seats will be held on 10th July 2015 (Friday) based on the result of the Entrance Examination held on 30th May 2015.
|Date of opening the Online Registration||4th April, 2015 (Saturday)|
|Closing date of Online Registration of applications||4th May 2015 (Monday)|
|Downloading of Admit Cards||11th May, 2015 onwards|
|Date of Online Entrance Test||30th May, 2015 (Saturday)|
|Date of 1st Counselling||24th June, 2015 (Wednesday)|
|Commencement of the Academic Session||1st August, 2015 (Tuesday)|
- The Applicant must be a Permanent Resident/Domicile of one of the 8 (eight) North-eastern states of India including Sikkim.
- The Applicant should have studied and completed their course in the schools located in India in the preceding two years.
- He/ She should have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2015, the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S.
- The applicant should have passed the qualifying examinations in the manner mentioned below:
- The Higher / Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher / Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and any other elective with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
- The applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or Botany and Zoology) and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Botany & Zoology in the qualifying examination.
- Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination in March / April 2015 and whose results have not yet been declared can also apply for admission, if other eligibility criteria a), b), c) & d) are fulfilled.
Note: Please note that issue of admit card for the Entrance Test does not necessarily mean the acceptance of eligibility for candidates whose results of qualifying examinations are yet to be declared
Minimum score required in the MBBS Entrance Exam to qualify
- Selection for admission to the 18 (eighteen) seats under the NE open seats category shall be based on the Entrance Examination to be held on the 30th May 2015 (Saturday)
- Candidates securing less than 50% marks in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in aggregate in the Entrance Examination will not be considered for admission to the Institute and their names will not be included in the merit list.
- A merit list of all the candidates will be prepared on the basis of their performance in the Entrance Examination.
NEIGRIHMS Website: neigrihms.nic.in