ACMS offers admission to 4 ½ Year MBBS degree course. ACMS does not conduct any examination for Admission. All admissions are carried out by GGSIPU based on NEET (National Eligibility cum entrance test) results. There were 100 seats for MBBS programme at ACMS, which are filled by wards/children of eligible Army Personnel and reservation of seats of students of SC/ST category would be as per Govt. of NCT Of Delhi Policy. Common Counselling will be carried out by Guru Gobind Singh lndraprastha University for MBBS admission to Army College of Medical Sciences for the academic session 2018-19.
Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) Admission 2018
Common Counselling for admission in MBBS programme in ACMS would be conducted by Guru Gobind Singh lndraprastha University for the present academic year. After the NEET results are declared, the University will notify on their website the dates for uploading NEET results. The candidates are required to login with their login id and password (generated at the time of registration and upload their NEET results/scorecard. Based on this, the University will prepare a merit list/ schedule for counseling, which will be displayed on GGSIPU Website.
The admission to the ACMS is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, Ex Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to ACMS at time of Counseling/Admission:
- The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, family pension, liberalized family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge or Release/Invalidment Medical Board. This includes children of recruits medically boaded out and granted disability pension.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or been released aftert ten years of service.
- Adopted/step children and children of remarried widows:
- Adopted Children of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step children are eligible, provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and who is otherwise eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases:
- Children of Army Medical/Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Navy or Air Force who have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
- Children of APS personnel classified as Ex-serviceman as per Govt. of India, Ministry of Defense, letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS & competed 10 years of service and who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of pension from the Army.
- Children of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
You should have attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission. Maximum age limit is 25 years.
Candidates should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/ Senior School Certificate Examination (CSBE) or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State with ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY. The minimum aggregate of the marks in ENGLISH, PHYSICS, CHEMISTRY and BIOLOGY obtained in the qualifying examination required for appearing in this examination are:
- General and OBC candidates: 60%
- SC/ST Candidates: 50%.
Cut off for Admission
Merit list will be prepared as per the scores obtained in NEET 2018 exam by University. 2017 batch cut offs for ACMS admission, based on All India NEET rank are as below:-
The tentative details are as below:-
Fee structure of 2018 batch is under revision. The details of fee charged to previous batches are as under:-
- 2016 Batch: College Tuition fee – Rs 360000.00, University Fee – Rs 12000.00, Student Activity Fee – Rs 1000.00
- 2017 Batch: College Tuition fee – Rs 360000.00, University Fee – Rs 15000.00, Student Activity Fee – Rs 1000.00
Important Instruction for Candidates seeking admission in ACMS
They are listed below.
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. However, having been called for written test or counselling does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility for admission will be decided by the ACMS at the time of Counseling and also later during the scrutiny of documents by the University. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any time before or after the commencement of course, the University/College reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature without any refund of the fees/charges paid.
- Additional Documents required to be produced in Original alongwith a photocopy at the time of Counseling/Admission to ACMS:
- Proof of eligible category (Submit Certificate as Applicable)
- Original & Photocopy of PPO, Service Record/Discharge Book, Identity Card/Serving Certificate and Dependant Card
- Willingness Certificate
- Children of Air Force, Navy and Paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, Assam Riffles, GREF and DSC are not eligible for the admission in ACMS against the seats reserved for wards / widows of the army personnel’s.
- For the PWD category 5% seats are reserved (horizontally) in the non army ward/widows seats in every region / category. The Physically Challenged candidates with locomotary disorder having disability of lower limbs from 50% to 70% only are eligible and may apply as per the guidelines of the Medical Council of India.
- For the defence category 5% seats in the non army ward/widows shall be reserved horizontally in all category for non-army ward/widows seats.
Official website: www.ipu.ac.in.
Insofar, Details regarding Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) Admission 2018 has not been released. Information on this page is as per the last year’s brochure and for reference purposes only. As soon as the information regarding Admissions 2018 is published, information will be updated here.