Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) MBBS Admission 2020 – ACMS is affiliated with Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi. For admission in the MBBS courses the candidates have to apply with NEET scores. Army College of Medical Sciences MBBS Admission 2020 will be conducted under the supervision of Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi. The eligible candidates have to apply using the IPU Application Form and appear for the counselling process by IPU. For more details about Army College of Medical Sciecnes MBBS Admission 2020, check this page.
Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) MBBS/BDS Admission Through NEET 2020
There are total of 100 seats for admission to MBBS/BDS course. Soon after the NEET result is out the students have to dill in the application form for admission released by IPU. The expected dates for the various events of the admission process is available in the bale below.
Expected schedule for ACMS MBBS/BDS Admission 2020
|ACMS Admissin 2020||Dates|
|NEET 2020 Examination||13 Sep 2020|
|Application Form availability||to be announced|
|Application Form Ends on||to be announced|
|Merit List for counselling||to be announced|
|First Counselling||to be announced|
ACMS MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Application Form
The application form for admission in the MBBS course at the Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) MBBS Admission 2020 is not released separately by ACMS. The candidates have to fill the application form that is released by IPU. The students have to fill in the application form with their NEET score.
The steps to apply for admission at ACMS in the MBBS course is as follows:
There are two forms, one for capturing the personal/general information and another one for capturing the course and payment related details. A candidate has to fill in his/her general information for proceeding towards the course selection and payment section on the 2nd Form.
|Step 1: The candidates have to visit the official website of IPU as and when the application form is released for MBBS courses. The webiste for application form fill up is ipu.ac.in|
|Step 2: The candidtaes can check the libk to access the application form.|
|Step 3: The candidates have to then fill the 1st form. Once the first form is filled the candidates can proceed to fill 2nd form.|
|Step 4: The candidates need to also upload their scanned images of photo and signature in the online application form.|
|Step 5: The last step is to make the payment. The payment is to be also made in the online mode using the available payment modes.|
The fee details provided here are as per last year’s data available.
Application Fee: Rs. 1000/-
Mode of application fee payment: Online only.
ACMS MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The admission to the ACMS is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, Ex Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to ACMS at time of Counseling/Admission:
The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum of 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, family pension, liberalized family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge or Release/Invalidment Medical Board. This includes children of recruits medically boaded out and granted disability pension.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or been released after ten years of service.
- Adopted/stepchildren and children of remarried widows:
- Adopted Children of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step children are eligible, provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and who is otherwise eligible.
Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases:
- Children of Army Medical/Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Navy or Air Force who have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
- Children of APS personnel classified as Ex-serviceman as per Govt. of India, Ministry of Defense, letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS & competed 10 years of service and who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of a pension from the Army.
- Children of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English (Core or Elective or Functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology and English (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC candidate, subject to availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions). All candidates must appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Undergraduate of 2020 (NEET 2020) and qualify to be considered for admissions.
ACMS MBBS/BDS 2020 Counselling
The counselling process for admission to MBBS/BDS course will be conducted by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University on the basis of the basis of the score ofm NEET 2020 exam. The counselling process will take place in online mode. To take part in counselling process candidates need to register themselves on the official website. Candidates need to fill thei choice of preferences of college for the counselling. The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the choices filled by the candidates and the number of seats available. Candidates who have allotted with a seat in a particular college need to report at the college for document verification process. If any candidate fails to report at the college then in that case admission will get cancelled
ACMS MBBS/BDS 2020 Merit List
The merit list for admission to Army college of Medical sciences will be prepared on the basis of the score of the NEET 2020. Candidates who will qualify the exam with the minimum required score will be considered as qualified. The merit list will carry the rank of the candidates on the basis of which seats will be allotted to teh candidates. The notification for the display of merit list will be available on the official website i.e. ipu.ac.in.
ACMS MBBS/BDS 2020 Seat Intake
There are total 100 seats for admission to MBBS/BDS course which are distributed among various categories. The deatils of seats intake is as follows.
|Category||No. of Seats|
|Army (Defence Category)||04|
|All India Schedule Caste (AISC)||01|
|All India Schedule Tribe (AIST)||01|
|Delhi Schedule Caste (DSC||14|
|Delhi Schedule Caste-Def (DSC-Def)||01|
|Delhi Schedule Tribe (DST)||01|
Important Instruction for Candidates seeking admission in ACMS
Below we mentioned the instruction to take admission in ACMS:
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. However, having been called for written test or counselling does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility for admission will be decided by the ACMS at the time of Counseling and also later during the scrutiny of documents by the University. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any time before or after the commencement of course, the University/College reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature without any refund of the fees/charges paid.
- Additional Documents required to be produced in Original alongwith a photocopy at the time of Counseling/Admission to ACMS:
- Proof of eligible category (Submit Certificate as Applicable)
- Original & Photocopy of PPO, Service Record/Discharge Book, Identity Card/Serving Certificate and Dependant Card
- Willingness Certificate
- Children of Air Force, Navy and Paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, Assam Riffles, GREF and DSC are not eligible for the admission in ACMS against the seats reserved for wards/widows of the army personnel’s.
- For the PWD category, 5% seats are reserved (horizontally) in the non-army ward/widows seats in every region/category. Eligibility shall be determined as per the guidelines of the Medical Council of India.
- For the defence category, 5% seats in the non-army ward/widows shall be reserved horizontally in all category for non-army ward/widows seats. May see Section 6.1.2 of Chapter 6 of this admission regarding defence eligibility. Provided that if the seat reserved for defence category remains unfilled due to non-availability of eligible candidates(s) under this category, the same shall be treated as unreserved of the particular category.
Army College of Medical Sciences Delhi Cantt is a premier medical college in India, under the aegis of Army Welfare Education Society. The College provides education to under-graduate medical students. ACMS is affiliated with Guru Govind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi. The College is recognised by the Medical Council of India and has a capacity of one hundred under-graduate student admissions per year. ACMS came into existence in 2008 to address the requirement of providing quality under-graduate medical education to wards of serving and retired Indian Army personnel.
Official website: ipu.ac.in.
For more details regarding the Army College of Medical Sciences Admission, you can download the previous year‘s Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.