ACMS offers admission to 4 ½ Year MBBS degree course. ACMS does not conduct any examination for Admission. The admissions to Army College of Medical Sciences in the MBBS course is carried by the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University on the basis of NEET results. Final eligibility for admission will be decided by the ACMS at the time of Counseling and also later during the scrutiny of documents by the University. There were 100 seats for MBBS programme at ACMS, which are filled by wards/children of eligible Army Personnel and reservation of seats of students of SC/ST category would be as per Govt. of NCT Of Delhi Policy. From this article, you can check the information regarding the Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) for Admission into MBBS course.
Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) Admission 2019
After the Declaration of NEET results, admission to Army College of Medical Sciences will start in MBBS course. To check the NEET result candidates are required to login with their login id and password (generated at the time of registration and download their NEET results/scorecard from the official website of NTA. Based on this, the merit list will prepare for counselling. Candidates can check the expected schedule for admission to Army College of Medical Sciences from below.
|NEET UG 2019 Examination||05 May 2019|
|Application Form availability||2nd week of Jun 2019|
|Application Form Ends on||last week of Jun 2019|
|Merit List after corrections||last week of Jun 2019|
|First Counselling||04 – 05 Jul 2019|
- Click Here to check the First Round Counselling schedule.
Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS) Application form 2019 will be filled online, candidates can also fill the form from the official website or from the link that will be provided below. Candidates are requested to ensure the Eligibility Criteria before applying for admission in to MBBS course. It is a responsibility of the candidates to do ascertain that they requisite qualification for admission.
- Click here to register for admission 2019.
- Click here to check the procedure to fill the application forms.
- Click here to check the notice regarding Correction in details of Online Applications filled by candidates while applying for MBBS for session 2019.
- Click here to check the Application forms received with Invalid NEET UG 2019 Roll Number and Other Discrepancies in MBBS ( Code 103) for Academic Session 2019.
- Click here to check the completed Application forms received for MBBS Code 103 for Academic Session 2019-20
The admission to the ACMS is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, Ex Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army. The children of following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they are required to submit the relevant certificate as given against the category applicable to them as proof of their eligibility for admission to ACMS at time of Counseling/Admission:
- The applicants must fall into one of the following categories:
- Children of serving Army personnel with minimum of 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, family pension, liberalized family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge or Release/Invalidment Medical Board. This includes children of recruits medically boaded out and granted disability pension.
- Children of Ex-Army personnel who have taken discharge or been released after ten years of service.
- Adopted/stepchildren and children of remarried widows:
- Adopted Children of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step children are eligible, provided they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army and who is otherwise eligible.
- Eligibility Criteria in Special Cases:
- Children of Army Medical/Dental Corps Officers presently serving with Navy or Air Force who have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
- Children of APS personnel classified as Ex-serviceman as per Govt. of India, Ministry of Defense, letter No 9 (52)/88/D(Res) dated 19 Jul 89.
- Children of APS personnel who are on deputation and who have put in 10 years of service in the Army.
- Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS & competed 10 years of service and who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- Children of members of MNS who have 10 years service as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of a pension from the Army.
- Children of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English (Core or Elective or Functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology and English (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC candidate, subject to availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions). All candidates must appear in National Eligibility cum Entrance Test – Undergraduate of 2019 (NEET UG 2019) and qualify to be considered for admissions.
Important Instruction for Candidates seeking admission in ACMS
Below we mentioned the instruction to take admission in ACMS:
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. However, having been called for written test or counselling does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility. Final eligibility for admission will be decided by the ACMS at the time of Counseling and also later during the scrutiny of documents by the University. If a candidate is found to be ineligible at any time before or after the commencement of course, the University/College reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature without any refund of the fees/charges paid.
- Additional Documents required to be produced in Original alongwith a photocopy at the time of Counseling/Admission to ACMS:
- Proof of eligible category (Submit Certificate as Applicable)
- Original & Photocopy of PPO, Service Record/Discharge Book, Identity Card/Serving Certificate and Dependant Card
- Willingness Certificate
- Children of Air Force, Navy and Paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, Assam Riffles, GREF and DSC are not eligible for the admission in ACMS against the seats reserved for wards/widows of the army personnel’s.
- For the PWD category, 5% seats are reserved (horizontally) in the non-army ward/widows seats in every region/category. Eligibility shall be determined as per the guidelines of the Medical Council of India.
- For the defence category, 5% seats in the non-army ward/widows shall be reserved horizontally in all category for non-army ward/widows seats. May see Section 6.1.2 of Chapter 6 of this admission regarding defence eligibility. Provided that if the seat reserved for defence category remains unfilled due to non-availability of eligible candidates(s) under this category, the same shall be treated as unreserved of the particular category.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Official website: www.ipu.ac.in.
For more details regarding the Army College of Medical Sciences Admission 2019, Download Information Brochure.