AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result – Ministry of Human Resource Department (MHRD) has confirmed that All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi will not conduct any entrance exam for MBBS admission. Now admission into AIIMS MBBS 2020 will be made on the basis of the result of NEET-UG. National Test Agency will release the result of NEET-UG on its official website. Candidates are required to qualify the NEET exam to get admission into AIIMS MBBS Programm. For more information about AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result read the page below.
Latest: Admission into AIIMS MBBS will be via NEET
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result
Admission into AIIMS MBBS will made on the basis of the NEET-UG score and rank. Candidates seeking admission into AIIMS can check out the dates related to NEET-UG 2020 result from the table below:
|AIIMS MBBS 2020 Admission via NEET||Important Dates|
|NEET 2020 exam date||03 May 2020|
|Declaration of NEET 2020 Result||04 Jun 2020|
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Normalization Percentile Score
Percentile scores are based on the relative performance of all those who appear for the examination. Basically, it indicates the percentage score by the candidate in the examination. Candidates can check the evaluation of the result by following the steps as mentioned below:
Distribution of Candidates in Two Shifts Per day – Approximately, equal candidates will be divided into 4 groups in random order. Groups will be of 1st & 2ns shift of Day 1 and Day 2 examination.
Preparation of Results for Each Shift and Normalisation of Marks:
Now, the result will be prepared for each group on the basis of:
- Raw scores
- Percentile (upto 7 decimal places) for each subject individually (Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Knowledge) and the total marks. The total percentile is not an aggregate or an average of the percentile of the individual subjects. The percentile score is calculated by the formula mentioned below in the picture:
Preparation of Overall Rank/ Merit List:
The calculated total scores of the candidates of both shifts will be then merged and arranged to derive the overall Merit and Rank list.
In case two or more candidates have the same percentile, then the institute breaks the tie and the final list is prepared.
Note: Percentile marks or score is not the same as the percentage of the total number of marks obtained.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result Tie Breaking
The institute resolves the Tie between two or more candidates on the basis of:
- Percentile Score in Biology: The candidate who has the higher percentile score in biology will be given a higher ranking.
- Percentile Score in Chemistry: If the Tie is still not resolved, then the score in Chemistry is compared. Higher score is given a higher rank.
- Percentile Score in Physics: If the tie still persists, then the score in Physics is taken into consideration. Higher score is given higher ranking.
- Date of birth of the Candidate (Age): If the tie is still not broken then the age of the candidate is considered. Older candidate is given a higher ranking. You can check out the Tie Breaking method in the picture below to understand it more better:
- The above tie breaking steps are followed in a sequence until the tie breaks.
- Percentile of General Knowledge and Aptitude are not considered for Tie breaking.
- The Final Merit and the Rank List is prepared after resolving the Tie.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Qualifying Marks Cut Off
Candidates applying for AIIMS MBBS, must secure the minimum qualifying marks in the entrance exam as given below:
|Category||Minimum Cutoff Score|
|General Category/ OBC||60%|
|OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||45%|
|SC / ST||40%|
|PWBD||Cut-offs of the respective category|
How to Check AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result?
Candidates can follow the steps below to check their AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result:
- Open the official website by clicking on the link provided on this page.
- Then click on the link for AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result on the Home page.
- You will arrive at the Login Page.
- Now enter your Registration Id, Registration Unique Code (RUC), Password and Captcha as shown in the picture below:
- On the next window, your AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result will display.
What to do After AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result?
After the declaration of the result, the institute releases a Merit List and a Rank List, according to which, the candidates have to appear for the counselling procedure. The candidates first have to appear for the Online Counselling as per the schedule. All the information related to the counselling procedure releases on the official website. So the candidates must visit the official website and this page to get updates related to the AIIMS MBBS 2020 Result.
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Counselling
The institute invites the candidates to appear for the counselling procedure as per their rank in the Merit List. The list of the eligible candidates roll number wise and rank wise releases on the official website. The Online counselling is held as per the schedule of all the AIIMS. Candidates are allotted seats as per the choices they fill during the counselling rounds.All the candidates who are allotted a seat can download the Offer Letter from the official website only. The institute does not send the offer letter by post.
AIIMS MBBS 2020
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Entrance Examination 2020 is a National level exam conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi. Candidates who want to get admission in the MBBS at AIIMS, New Delhi and all other 14 AIIMS have to appear for the exam. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT) conducted at many centres all over India. The candidates are selected on the basis of Merit list which releases after the result is declared.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
All India Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 1956 as an autonomous institution. It offers many UG and PG, Super Specialisation and Doctoral programmes. It is prestigious institution. The institute conducts entrance examinations for admission into its various programmes every year. According to the National Institutional Ranking Framework ranking, AIIMS Delhi was ranked first among medical colleges in India.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.