All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)offers various courses at the post-graduate level at M.sc level. The applicants who are interested in doing M.sc should have to apply online. The application fees will be decided by the examination conducting body as soon as the application forms will get released. The exam will be held online that is the entrance examination is a computer-based examination. The dates related to the entrance test, courses offered in post-graduation, reservation policy, application fees, exam pattern are some of the important information which the candidates can check from the information provided below in this page.
AIIMS M.Sc. Admissions
The first and foremost thing to apply for M.sc course which a candidate has to keep in mind is to register himself/herself so as to fill the application form. After the registration, the login credentials will be sent to the registered email-id and an SMS will be sent to the registered mobile. The candidate must log in using login credentials and complete the process by filling out the application form and making a payment for it. The payment of the fee can be done through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking. As the candidates are aware of the rejection of application forms so they should carefully read the instructions to upload the signature/photograph/left thumb impression or any other detail which has to be filled in the application form.
The following table depicts the information about 2019 entrance examination:
|M.sc Nursing (2019)||01 Jun 2019|
|M.sc Courses (2019)||29 Jun 2019|
The following table depicts the information about 2020 entrance examination:
|M.sc Nursing (2020)||06 Jun 2020|
|M.sc Courses (2020)||04 Jul 2020|
AIIMS offers various courses at the post-graduate level. A candidate can have a glimpse of the courses offered from the information given below:
- Biophysics Reproductive Biology
- Clinical Embryology and Nuclear Medicine Technology Courses
- Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies
- Perfusion Technology
- M.sc Nursing
The candidates applying for M.sc should have 60% aggregate (General and OBC candidates) and 55% (SC/ST candidates). The following given information are the further qualifications required so as to apply for the examination. The admission requirements for M.Sc. Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physiology, Pharmacology is the same as given below:
- MBBS/BDS (55% for Gen/OBC & 50% for SC/ST Categories)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (4½ year course)
- B.Sc. degree of minimum three years duration in any subject.
- Perfusion Technology – B.Sc. with Biology (Botany & or Zoology) ORB.Sc. in Perfusion Technology from a recognized University.
- Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology – B.Sc degree in any of the discipline related to Biology or allied to Biology.
- Nuclear Medicine Technology- B.Sc. degree courses in Nuclear Medicine from a recognized University.
B.Sc. degree with Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics from a recognized University.
B.Sc. in allied/related subject i.e. Radio Diagnosis/Radiotherapy from a recognized University.
B.Sc. in Life Sciences with Physics as a subject from recognized University.
- Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies – B.Sc. degree in Radiography from a recognized University.
(i) B.Sc. (Hons.) Nursing /B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate)/Post-Basic /B Sc. Nursing (4years)
course from any recognized University, from an educational institution Recognised by the
Indian Nursing Council, with 60% marks for Gen/OBC candidates (55% marks in case of
(ii) Registration as Nurse, RN, RM (Registered Nurse, Registered Midwife) with any State
There is some important information which a candidate has to keep in mind while applying:
- There will be 5% reservation for Person with Benchmark Disability which will be
provided on the horizontal basis for Indian Nationals if the seat is available in M.Sc. Nursing courses.
- For M.Sc and M.Sc. Nursing Courses, candidates who are about to appear for the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are waiting for the result can also apply for admission but such candidates should possess certain documents:
- Proof of passing the qualifying examination with the percentage of marks and subjects as per their category and if they fail to provide it, their performance in Entrance Examination will not be given consideration.
- All M.Sc. Nursing Candidates have to submit a certificate of Registration as a Nurse and Midwife from the Indian Nursing Council / State Nursing Council at the time of joining.
- All selected candidates for M.Sc. Nursing courses are required to secure and bring the proof of
recognition of their college at the time of verification of their documents.
For M.Sc. Courses: The question paper for M.Sc. courses will be of 90 minutes duration consisting of 90 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) carrying 90 marks in the subject for which the candidates have applied.
For M.Sc. Nursing Courses: The question paper for M.Sc. Nursing courses will be of 90 minutes duration consisting of 90 Multiple Choice Questions carrying 90 marks.
AIIMS will arrange a counseling session after the declaration of results for all the selected candidates in M.SC and M.sc Nursing course. All the candidates must report at the center on the prescribed time. Any late entry will not be entertained on the day of counseling. The number of rounds of counseling will depend on how many seats have been filled and left vacant at end of every counseling session.
The reservation of seats will be based on following grounds:
Other Backward Class: 27%
Scheduled Caste: 15%
Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- If the required number of suitable candidates are not available to fill up the seats reserved for the
Scheduled Castes, the same will be filled by candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes and
- In case suitable candidates are not available from the two reserved categories, the vacant seats
will automatically get filled up by the candidates belonging to General category.
- In case suitable candidates are not available in the OBC category, the seats will be
filled up by the candidates belonging to the General category.
|Registration Fee||Rs. 25/-||Duration|
|Tuition Fee of M.Sc/ M.Biotech/ M.Sc Nursing||Rs. 700/-||2 Years|
|Laboratory Fee for M.Sc./M.Biotech.||Rs. 80/-||2 Years|
|Pot Money M.Sc/ M.Biotech/ M.Sc Nursing||Rs. 480||2 Years|
|Gymkhana Fee for M.Sc / M.Biotech||Rs. 80/-||2 Years|
|Caution Money||Rs. 100/-(to be deposited by every student for the recovery of breakages or loss of Institute’s equipment).|
|Hostel Security||Rs. 1000/- (Refundable)|
|(Fees and dues payable at the time of admission)|
Following given instructions can be referred by the candidates to have a clear understanding about the payment of fees:
- The above fees can get revised from time to time by the Institute and the students then have to abide by those terms and conditions.
- The fees and other charges including Hostel rent once paid, shall not be refunded in any case, even if a student leaves the Institute before the completion of the semester or does not join the Institute for any reason. No excuses on this account will be entertained.
- The Caution Money will, however, be refunded to those candidates who do not join the course. In case of a student leaving the course in the middle or after the completion of the course, the balance of caution money, if any after eduction of the charges due, will be refunded.
- The mess is compulsory for the Nursing students residing in the hostels. The mess charges are 700/- per month (subject to revision from time to time) payable to the Mess in-charge every month in advance.
The following picture depicts the revised seat structure at AIIMS Jodhpur, Bhubaneshar, New Delhi and Rishikesh. A candidate can check the image for the better understanding about Seat Matrix which is shown below:
For more information regarding Seat Matrix, one can check the link of the main website provided below.
Official Website: www.aiimsexams.org