The admission into 4½ years, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) followed by 1-year compulsory rotating Internship Training and 4 years of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) course followed by 1-year compulsory rotating Internship Training in University of Delhi, Faculty of Medical Sciences will be announced. Also per directions, there will be a common counselling for Delhi University which will be conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU), New Delhi. Therefore, there will not be any separate registration for the counselling in DU.
DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission 2018 – University of Delhi
All the desirous candidates will have to apply at the site of IP University i.e ipu.ac.in only. There are 3 colleges of DU that will take part in this common counselling.
- Lady Harding Medical College (LHMC)- (only female candidates)
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC),
- University College of Medical Sciences (UCMS) and Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS)
Among the 100% seats, 85% of quota seats are reserved for Delhi State as ordered by Supreme Court India. The admission will be done on the basis of Rank/ Marks of NEET-UG-2018 conducted by CBSE. The rest of the seats i.e 15% seats falling under All India Quota (AIQ) are allocated directly by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS).
Important dates for NEET UG Admission 2018
|Registration begins||8 Feb 2018 to 9 Mar 2018|
|Date of Examination||06 May 2018|
|Declaration of Result||05 June 2018|
Schedule for Admission DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission 2018 is given below:
|Schedule for Admission||State Counselling|
|First round of Counselling||25 Jun – 05 Jul 2018|
|Last date of Joining||12 Jul 2018|
|Second Round of Counselling||15 – 26 Jul 2018|
|Last date of Joining||03 Aug 2018|
|Mop up Round||04 – 08 Aug 2018|
|Last Date of Joining||12 Aug 2018|
|Forwarding the list of students in order of merit||13 Aug 2018|
|Last date of Joining||18 Aug 2018|
Notice: Click Here to check the corrigendum/notice for DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission 2018.
Instructions for the candidates for DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission 2018
Admission Notification (For 85% Delhi Quota)
Candidates have to register themselves for the counselling required to visit the official website of GGSIPU i.e www.ipu.ac.in and register before the last date. The candidates have to submit their
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Mailing Address
- Click Here to registration for MBBS/BDS 85% Delhi Quota.
- Click Here to registration for MBBS/BDS 15% All India Quota
You also need to upload Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression in the prescribed format. After the date expires, the merit list will be displayed on the website at ipu.ac.in and candidates will have to attend the counselling process.
|Specifications for||Format||Max size||Dimension|
|Photograph||JPEG, GIF||80 KB||30mm X 45mm|
|Signature||80mm X 3.5 cm|
|Thumb impression||30mm X 60mm|
|Rs. 1400/-||Rs. 750/-|
- Age criteria – The candidates should have completed the age of 17 (seventeen) years.
- Upper age limit- 25 years
- Relaxation- 5 years for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Qualifying examination – Passed the 12th class examination under 10+2 system conducted by the C.B.S.E/ Council of the Indian School Certificate Examination/ Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English.
- Region Requirement- Only candidates who have studied 11th & 12th within National Capital Territory of Delhi are eligible.
- Marks Requirement- a minimum of 50% marks (for General), 40% marks (for SC/ST/OBC category candidates) taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology, 45% (for Gen-PWD) and 40% marks (for SC- PWD /ST- PWD /OBC- PWD).
- NEET Qualification – It shall be necessary for a candidate to qualify the NEET-2018 exam with a minimum of the 50th percentile, 45th percentile for UR-PwD and 40th percentile for SC, ST, OBC, SC- PwD, ST- PwD & OBC- PWD candidates.
- Medical fitness – applicant should be medically fit for the course.
DU FMSC MBBS / BDS Admission 2018 – Counselling
Counselling would be held in the counselling hall and candidates will be called in batches so that seats can be allotted to them in a particular college offering the course. Dates and venue are notified below. Courses and the colleges available at the time of his/ her counseling, candidate would select any one course in any particular college.
The candidates provisionally admitted in a course will also appear before a Medical Board as suggested by the University. Candidates will have to appear on the dates given by the concerned College/Institution for medical examinations. Unfit candidates would not be allowed to join the course. Apart from that, an undertaking is to be given in written by the candidate to the effect that they have been pursuing MBBS/BDS courses anywhere in India.
Tiebreaker preparing merit list
- The candidate who attains higher marks in Biology/BioTechnology in the NEET -UG-2018 shall be placed higher.
- The candidate obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in the NEET-UG -2018 shall be laced higher.
- Last resolution would be age criteria i.e candidate older in age.
Surety Bond Money
Candidates will sign a bond of worth Rs.3.0 lac along with submission of 2 sureties at the time of provisional admission. The admission is invalid unless Surety Bond is submitted in the prescribed proforma to be obtained from www.fmsc.ac.in. this amount will be paid to the Institution/ University if the student leaves the course before its completion. As part of security- candidate’s Original Certificates would be kept in the custody of the admitting Institution.
- The candidates will receive admission letter after satisfactory counseling.
- They shall then report to the concerned college and complete the admission formalities.
- The admission at this point will be provisional in that course. Only after paying the course fees at the college it will be confirmed.
- Selected candidates will also appear before a Medical Board for medical fitness for the course. You will bring all the mentioned documents at the time of counselling and at the time of reporting at the college allotted to you
Documents required at the time of counseling and admission
- Passport size photograph of the applicant
- NEET-UG-2018 Admit Card (Self –attested copy)
- NEET-UG-2018 Scorecard (Self –attested copy)
- Aadhar Card (Self –attested copy)
- Matriculation Certificate for proof of DOB (Self –attested copy)
- 12 Marksheet & 12 Certificate (Self –attested copy)
- Certificate from the Principal of the School stating that the school is recognised & located in NCT region. It conducts regular classes and that the candidate has attended 11th & 12th in the same school
- Character Certificate (Self –attested copy)
- Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe certificate (Self –attested copy)
- Father’s SC/ST Certificate (Self –attested copy)
- Person with Disability (PWD) certificate (Self –attested copy)
- Entitlement Certificate for C.W. category
- OBC Certificate (Self –attested copy)
- OCI card (Self –attested copy)
Note: The candidates are required to bring Printout of Application Form as well and Original Certificates along with 02 sets of self-attested photocopies at the time of Counseling.
|Name of Medical College||Seats to be filled in 85% Delhi Quota Seats||Seats to be filled in by D.G.H.S. 15% AIQ||Seats to be filled through “Central Pool Scheme” (NGOI)||Total Seats|
Official Website: www.fmsc.ac.in.