GATE 2019 Application Form – Fill and submit application form of GATE 2019 at gate.iitm.ac.in from the direct link given below. Last date to apply without late fee had been extended to September 23, 2018. Last date to apply with the late fee was October 1. Applications accepted and rejected for GATE 2019 has been released. GATE 2019 Application Form, last date, fees, requirements, photograph specifications are given below. Candidates should check eligibility conditions first. It is important to fill correct details and upload documents as per requirements. Also, pay the application fee. Keep enrollment ID and password safely for future use. Only those who apply on time will get admit card to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
Want to pursue MBA in Symbiosis?
Symbiosis has been ranked in the top 250 in Asia by QS QS World University Rankings and is among top 144 among BRICS nations. Applications Open. Apply Now!
GATE 2019 Application Form
Candidates must fill GATE 2019 Application Form from official website only. Submission of form has to be by the last date, as given in important dates table below. Note these dates now to avoid missing any deadlines.
|GATE 2019||Important Dates|
|GATE 2019 Registration Start Date||01 Sep 2018|
|GATE 2019 Application Form Last Date|
|GATE 2019 Application Form Correction Window|
|Extended Last Date with late fee||01 Oct 2018|
|Last Date to complete the application submission process including the fee payment||03 Oct 2018|
|Last Date for receiving the Scribe request||16 Nov 2018|
|GATE Admit Card 2019||04 Jan 2019|
|Exam Dates||02 Feb 2019
03 Feb 2019
09 Feb 2019
10 Feb 2019
|Window for name correction||14 Feb – 17 Feb 2019|
|Last date to rectify submitted details||15 Feb 2019|
It is advisable to keep documents and fee amount ready before venturing to fill the form. Also, decide which paper to apply for first.
Login: For GATE 2019 Login, candidates can login here.
- Click here to check the list of candidates whose applications are provisionally accepted.
- Click here to check the list of candidates with duplicate applications.
- Click here to check the list of ineligible candidates.
Note: Please visit the website “appsgate.iitm.ac.in” and complete the procedure for availing the scribe. Please confirm whether you require a Scribe or not in Form-I. Further, upload duly filled and signed forms on or before December 03, 2018.
- PwD candidates with Benchmark Disabilities, who have not opted for scribe but would like to opt for the scribe can request to Organising Institute through email (email@example.com). The deadline for receiving such request is November 16, 2018.
- Candidate can make corrections if the ‘Change Applicant Details’ button is enabled. Otherwise, the candidate will wait for the button to get enabled after scrutiny of the application.
- Corrections concerning Gender, Category, Exam paper, Exam city: Please wait for the announcement.
Important Notice For GATE 2019 Applicants
Some applications are kept provisional due to some reasons. Candidates need to rectify their submitted application as their result will be withheld till then.
- Click here to check the list of candidates whose application are provisionally only accepted till they rectify their defective application.
Note: The result of the above-mentioned applicants is withheld until the necessary corrections are done. till February 15, 2019.
Use a computer or laptop with internet connection to fill the registration form. There are many details to be entered, and a few documents to upload.
GATE 2019 Application Fees
It is compulsory to pay the fee for the application form. GATE 2019 application fees are as follows.
|Category||Normal Fee||Extended Dates Fee|
|For Exam Centre In India|
|Female candidates||Rs 750||Rs 1250|
|SC / ST / PWD / Transgender||Rs 750||Rs 1250|
|All Others||Rs 1500||Rs 2000|
|For Exam Centre Outside India|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||USD 50||USD 70|
|Dubai, Singapore||USD 100||USD 120|
In addition, there will be service charges and processing fee depending upon payment channel or bank.
Documents Required For GATE 2019 Application Form
Candidates will require a few documents to upload during GATE 2019 Registration. They are as follows.
- Eligibility document – Either degree certificate/provisional certificate/course completion certificate/professional certificate/membership certificate (for candidates passed in 2018), or Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute (for those who will qualify, see appendix A of information brochure)
- Category certificate – if applicable, upload SC/ST/PWD certificate and/or dyslexic certificate.
Photograph Specifications for GATE 2019 Application Form
- Candidates should get the photograph taken on or after 1 August 2018 in a professional studio.
- Wear spectacles only if you normally wear them. But it should not be dark or have any tint.
- At least 35% area should be of full view of face.
- It should be a color photograph with white or very light background.
- Standard photo size is 5 x 4.5 cm.
- Its digital version that you need to upload should be minimum 240 x 320 pixels, and at max 480 x 640 pixels.
Some acceptable and unacceptable photograph samples are in image below.
Signature Specifications for GATE 2019 Application Form
- Candidates need to draw a box of 2 cm (height) x 7 cm (widt) on a plain white sheet of paper.
- Then take a dark blue pen or black pen and sign within at least 80% of this box.
- Now scan and obtain digital version of signature. Crop it along box.
- Image should be JPEG with minimum size 80 x 280 pixels and maximum size 160 x 560 pixels.
Samples showing acceptable and unacceptable signatures are as follows.
How To Fill GATE 2019 Application Form?
The application form is available at official website only. Candidates must do GATE 2019 Registration in online mode only. Here we are providing the steps to fill the application form correctly. Candidates can check the process from below.
Step 1: Click on application form link above. This opens the official website of GATE 2019. Now here, click on link “New User? Register Here”. When you do that, registration page, or first page of GATE 2019 application form opens. Now enter first name, middle name, last name, email address, country of residence, mobile number, password. Submit these details and next you will get enrollment ID in email and SMS.
Step 2: Go to GOAPS again and now login with enrollment id / email address and password. Then you have to start filling details in form.
Here the candidates have to choose the proffered city. The city and center provided will depend on these choices itself.
Step 2: In the page that follows fill in the personal details and address details properly and accurately.
- Personal Information such as (Full name, D.O.B, Personal mobile number etc.)
- Address for Communication (including PIN code).
- Gender, Nationality and identity details
Step 3: The next page is for the submission of qualification details regarding educational qualification
Step 4: The candidate here needs to Upload proper scanned images according to the specifications.
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified.
Step 5: Pay the application fee through any of the electronic payment modes and Check the Status of the application form: Received, Under scrutiny, Accepted, Defect status, Status after rectification, Rejected with valid reasons, Admit Card ready for download, etc.
GATE 2019 Application Form Correction
The various types of correction which can be done in the GATE 2019 Application Form are as follows.
|Sr. No||Item/Parameter||Comments||Time Window for correction on GOAPS Portal by Candidate|
|1||Name||As per the document submitted in application||27 Sep to 26 Nov 2018|
|2||Date of Birth||As per the document submitted in application||27 Sep to 26 Nov 2018|
|3||Gender||(i) Male to Female: Status can be changed, but no refund of FEE
(ii) Female to Male: The difference of Rs. 750 to be paid.
|31 Oct to 07 Nov 2018|
|4||Category||SC/ST to Gen/OBC: The difference of Rs. 750 to be paid.
Gen/OBC to SC/ST: Status can be changed, but no refund.
|31 Oct to 07 Nov 2018|
|5||PwD Status||No to Yes: Status can be changed, but no refund (Scribe status has to be captured).
Yes to No: with fee as applicable
Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities: Status can be corrected with a valid proof.
|31 Oct to 07 Nov 2018|
|6||Dyslexia and other similar learning disabilities||No to Yes: Status can be corrected with a valid proof.
Yes to No: Status can be corrected.
|31 Oct to 07 Nov 2018|
|7||Details of Parents/Guardian/Correspondence e-address||As per the document submitted in application||27 Sep to 26 Nov 2018|
|8||College Name and Location, Roll No., Registration No.||As per the document submitted in application||27 Sep to 26 Nov 2018|
|9||Exam Paper||Correction with Fee||27 Sep to 31 Oct 2018|
|10||Exam City||Correction with Fee||13 to 16 Nov 2018|
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.