The Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018 will be organized by the Admission Committee for Professional Medical Educational Courses (ACPMEC). The admission of the candidates for Gujarat MBBS will be on the basis of merit in the NEET 2018. From all the government MBBS colleges, 15% seats are reserved for All India Quota seats which will be filled through online NEET counseling conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and all the remaining 85% state quota seats will be granted through counseling conducted by the Admission Committee, i.e., ACPMEC. The candidates will be called for Gujarat MBBS Admission, as per the NEET scores.
Interested aspirants need to fill the application form in online mode at. The application form is available after the declaration of NEET 2018 Result. Before registration, candidates are required to purchase the PIN. Only after purchasing the PIN Number, candidates can register for Gujarat MBBS Admission and appear for document verification. The Admission Committee will publish a merit list for those candidates who qualify the NEET 2018 and submits their application for Gujarat MBBS admission 2018 before the last date. On the basis of the merit, the candidates will be called for the counseling. Check here complete details about Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018 in the article below.
Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018
Candidates who want to appear for Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018 must be well aware of all the important dates. Since NEET 2018 is yet to be conducted, the schedule for Gujarat MBBS ADmission for the academic year 2018 is not yet announced. However, candidates can check here the expected date for commencement of various events of the Gujarat MBBS 2018 Admission.
|Purchase PIN for online registration||12 Jun 2018||19 Jun 2018|
|Online Registration begins from||13 Jun 2018||19 Jun 2018|
|Document Verification||03rd week of Jul 2018||04th week of Jul 2018|
Gujarat MBBS 2018 Application Form
- The Admission Committee issue the details on the Registration Form, courses offered, list of help centers, last date of submitting the registration and other details in the prominent newspapers daily.
- For Gujarat MBBS 2018 Registration, candidates shall be required to make payment of the requisite amount of the Registration Fee, Information Booklet with the PIN.
- Aspirants who will obtain the PIN can register online at, medguj.nic.in. Fill in the required details in the Registration Form by providing their Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, Communication Details, etc in the online registration form.
- After the submitting the registration form, the candidates will receive a receipt or confirmation of the application received. In the receipt, the applicant shall be given Registration Number and date of the application. Candidates must preserve the receipt as it can be used as a reference in the future and also in the merit list.
Apply Online: Click Here to purchase the PIN and register online.
Documents to submit the Registration Form
The candidates shall need to submit the following self-attested photocopies of the documents along with the Gujarat MBBS 2018 Application Form:
- Qualifying Examination/ Class 12th (HSC) mark sheet
- NEET mark sheet of the current year
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate
- SSC Examination (10th class) mark sheet and passing certificate
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (NCL) of the family of the candidates belonging to SEBC candidates.
- Certificate of Physical Disability for physically disabled candidates.
- Certificate of the local candidate from the Dean of NHLMMC, Ahmedabad or Surat.
- Documentary evidence for NRI Status (if applicable)
- Necessary proof regarding the minority status
The candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions before applying for Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018. The eligibility criteria is given below:
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Should have completed 17 years of age on December 31 of the Academic Year.
- Should have passed class 10th and 12th qualifying examination with “B group” or “AB-group” from the following board:
- Gujarat Board
- CBSE/ CISCE provided that the school in which the applicants’ studies is in the state of Gujarat.
- The NRI candidates should have passed the qualifying examination from anywhere in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Should have qualified in NEET 2018.
Minimum Qualifying Marks
No candidates will be considered eligible unless he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria including minimum qualifying percentage/ percentile in HSC or equivalent exam passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology Theory and Practical. The minimum qualifying marks are given in the table below:
|Type of Seat||Category|
- The candidates must obtain 50th Percentile in NEET for admission to MBBS in the government seats.
- For Management and NRI seats, the NEET percentile as laid down by the Government of India.
Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018 Merit List
For MBBS, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of All India Overall rank of the candidates who are eligible in NEET 2018. The Admission Committee will also prepare a separate list of minority students. The merit list will be uploaded to the ACPMEC website. The Admission Committee shall prepare different merit lists as follows:
- The first merit list shall include the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the Gujarat Board.
- The second merit list will consist of the list of candidates who have qualified the qualifying examination from CBSE, New Delhi.
- The third merit list will consist of the merit list of the candidates who have qualified CISCE, New Delhi.
- A separate merit list for the reserve category for each will also be published.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates have equal merit marks, the tie can be resolved by the following the methods in the order as given below:
- The candidates with higher marks on the mark sheet will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidate with higher marks in Biology (theory) in qualifying examination will be ranked higher in the merit.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate with higher marks in Chemistry followed by Physics and English in the qualifying examination will be ranked higher.
- After applying the above-mentioned methods, if the tie is still not resolved, the candidates with higher marks in Class 10th will be placed higher.
- Lastly, to break the tie, the date of birth of the candidate will be considered in case the tie is still not resolved. The candidate older in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
Gujarat MBBS Counselling 2018
The counseling for admission to all Professional Medical Course, i.e, MBBS, shall be made by a centralized single window state common counseling by the admission committee. There shall be only two round of counseling, each to be conducted by the Admission Committee. The Manual Counselling for allotment of students shall be conducted by the Admission Committee, in case if the seat remains vacant after two rounds of Gujarat MBBS Counselling. The admission will be done on the basis of the merit list.
Gujarat MBBS 2018 Counselling Procedure
The candidates whose name appears in the merit list will be eligible to appear/ participate in the counseling. The schedule and procedure for counseling shall be published at the Admission Committee website and in the prominent newspapers widely distributed in the State. Candidates can check the procedure for choice filling, seat allotment, documents required at the time of counseling below:
Step 1: Choice Filling
- The candidates who will be eligible for counseling will be required to fill in the choice of course or college or institution online at medguj.nic.in.
- Enter the details to log in to your account such as Course Name, User ID, Password and submit the details.
- In the next window, candidates have to give as many of their preference from the list of Institutions or Colleges and save them. If the candidate is satisfied with the choice done, click on “Lock Choices”, or otherwise click on “Modify Options” button to change the made choices.
- In order to lock the final choices, enter the PIN Number,
- After submitting the choices, candidates may take print out of the filled choices and keep it to themselves for future reference.
Step 2: Seat Allotment
- The allotment of seats shall be done on the basis of the merit, category, and availability of seats.
- The seat allotment result will be available at the Admission Committee website.
- The candidates who will be allotted a seat shall be issued an information letter and bank fee receipt online. The candidates will be required to take a print out of the same,
Step 3: Make Payment
The candidates who will be allotted a seat shall have to pay the tuition fee of the allotted college to confirm their admission. In case, the candidate fails to submit the requisite tuition fee in the specified schedule, their admission shall stand canceled.
Step 4: Document Verification
The candidates need to bring along the required documents in original and photocopy of each and submit it to the Admission Committee. The candidates need to produce the same certificates as submitted along with the registration form.
Reservation of Seats
15% of the total seats shall be reserved for candidates in All India Quota for admission in each Government Medical and Dental College. The reservation of seat for the reserved categories is as follows:
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||27%|
What after the Counselling is done?
After the counseling process is done, the candidates need to produce the Certificate of Physical Fitness at the time of counseling. The Certificate of Physical Fitness in the prescribed form shall be obtained from a registered medical practitioner along with the undertaking. The candidate shall need to submit the certificate to the Dean/ principal of the allotted college at the time of joining.
Seat Matrix for Gujarat MBBS Admission
|College Name||Management of College||Seat Intake|
|CU Shah Medical College, Surendra Nagar||Trust||100|
|B.J Medical College, Ahmedabad||Govt.||250|
|SBKS Medical Instt. & Research Centre, Vadodra||Trust||150|
|Smt. N.H.L.Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad||Govt.||250|
|Surat Municipal Institute of Medical Education & Research, Surat||Govt.||150|
|Government Medical College, Bhavnagar||Govt.||150|
|Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Medical College, Rajkot||Govt.||150|
|MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar||Govt.||200|
|Medical College, Baroda||Govt.||180|
|Government Medical College, Surat||Govt.||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Junagadh||Govt. – Society||150|
|Dr. M.K. Shah Medical College & Research Centre, Ahmedabad||Trust||150|
|Parul Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Vadodara||Private||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Hadiyol, Himmatnagar||Govt-Society||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Vadnagar, Mehsana||Govt-Society||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Gotri, Vadodara||Govt-Society||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Sola, Ahmedabad||Govt-Society||150|
|Gujarat Adani Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhuj||Trust||150|
|Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation Medical Education Trust Medical College, Ahmedabad||Govt.||150|
|GCS Medical College, Ahmedabad||Trust||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Gandhinagar||Govt-Society||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Dharpur Patan||Govt-Society||150|
|GMERS Medical College, Valsad||Govt-Society||150|
|Pramukhswami Medical College, Karmsad||Trust||150|
List of Colleges
Medical Colleges List
Dental Colleges List
For more detail Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018 Download Online Admission process.
Official Website: http://www.medguj.nic.in/
Insofar, Only Online Admission Process & application dates of Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018 have been announced. Information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Medical Education, Gujarat releases Gujarat MBBS Admission 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.