Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020: Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 will be organized by the Admission Committee for Professional Medical Educational Courses (ACPMEC). The admission of the candidates for Gujarat MBBS/BDS course will be on the basis of merit in the NEET 2020. From all the government MBBS colleges, 15% seats are reserved for All India Quota seats which will be filled through online NEET counseling conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) and all the remaining 85% state quota seats will be granted through counseling conducted by the Admission Committee, i.e., ACPMEC. The candidates will be called for Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020, as per the NEET scores.
Gujarat MBBS Admission Through NEET 2020
Candidates who want to appear for Gujarat MBBS Admission 2020 must be well aware of all the important dates. Candidates can check here the expected schedule for the commencement of various events of the Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 from this article also.
|PIN purchase from Axis bank for online registration (in person)||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|For Online Registration||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Document Verification||13rd week of Jun 2020|
|online selection filling of the first round of the entrance committees||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Online choice filling for the first round of ACPUGMEC||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Payment of fees online / at Designated Bank first round of ACPUGMEC||2nd week of Jul 2020|
|Final Choice Filling for second round||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Display of Choices filled by candidates second round of counselling||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Display of Seat Allotment||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Payment of fees online / at Designated Bank second round of ACPUGMEC||Last week of Jul 2020|
Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates who want to take part in counselling process for admission to the MBBS/BDS courses across the state need to fill the application form for the same. The details about application form for counselling is provided here for candidate’s reference.
- The Admission Committee will issue the details on the Registration Form, courses offered, list of help centers, the last date of submitting the registration and other details in the prominent newspapers daily.
- For Gujarat MBBS 2020 Registration, candidates shall be required to make payment of the requisite amount of the Registration Fee, Information Booklet with the PIN.
- Aspirants who will obtain the PIN can register online at, medguj.nic.in. Fill in the required details in the Registration Form by providing their Personal Details, Educational Qualification Details, Communication Details, etc in the online registration form.
- After submitting the registration form, the candidates will receive a receipt or confirmation of the application received. In the receipt, the applicant shall be given Registration Number and date of the application. Candidates must preserve the receipt as it can be used as a reference in the future and also in the merit list.
Documents to submit the Registration Form
The candidates shall need to submit the following self-attested photocopies of the documents along with the Gujarat MBBS 2020 Application Form:
- Qualifying Examination/ Class 12th (HSC) mark sheet
- NEET mark sheet of the current year.
- Transfer Certificate or School Leaving Certificate.
- SSC Examination (10th class) mark sheet and passing certificate.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable).
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate (NCL) of the family of the candidates belonging to SEBC candidates.
- Certificate of Physical Disability for physically disabled candidates.
- Certificate of the local candidate from the Dean of NHLMMC, Ahmedabad or Surat.
- Documentary evidence for NRI Status (if applicable).
- Necessary proof regarding the minority status.
Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility conditions before applying for Gujarat MBBS Admission 2020.
- The applicant should be a citizen of India.
- Should have completed 17 years of age as precribed in the notification
- Should have passed class 10th and 12th qualifying examination from the following board:
- Gujarat Board
- CBSE/ CISCE provided that the school in which the applicants’ studies are in the state of Gujarat.
- The NRI candidates should have passed the qualifying examination from anywhere in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Candidate should be qualified in NEET 2020.
Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Counselling Procedure
The candidates whose name appears in the merit list will be eligible to appear/ participate in the counseling. The schedule and procedure for counseling shall be published at the Admission Committee website and in the prominent newspapers widely distributed in the State. Candidates can check the procedure for choice filling, seat allotment, documents required at the time of counseling below:
Step 1: Choice Filling
- The candidates who will be eligible for counseling will be required to fill in the choice of course or college or institution online at medguj.nic.in.
- Enter the details to log in to your account such as Course Name, User ID, Password and submit the details.
- In the next window, candidates have to give as many of their preference from the list of Institutions or Colleges and save them. If the candidate is satisfied with the choice done, click on “Lock Choices”, or otherwise click on the “Modify Options” button to change the made choices.
- In order to lock the final choices, enter the PIN Number.
- After submitting the choices, candidates may take a print out of the filled choices and keep it to themselves for future reference.
Step 2: Seat Allotment
- The allotment of seats shall be done on the basis of the merit, category, and availability of seats.
- The seat allotment result will be available at the Admission Committee website.
- The candidates who will be allotted a seat shall be issued an information letter and bank fee receipt online. The candidates will be required to take a print out of the same.
Step 3: Make Payment
The candidates who will be allotted a seat shall have to pay the tuition fee of the allotted college to confirm their admission. In case, the candidate fails to submit the required tuition fee in the specified schedule, their admission shall stand canceled.
Step 4: Document Verification
The candidates need to bring along the required documents in original and photocopy of each and submit it to the Admission Committee. The candidates need to produce the same certificates as submitted along with the registration form.
- If you will get admission in the second round, then your first round admission will be canceled automatically and you have to go to help center with allotment letter to confirm your second round admission. If you will not confirm your second round admission at the help center, then your second round admission will also be canceled.
- The candidates are informed that if the “Domicile Certificate” of one’s application is found incorrect then the admission will stand canceled automatically by the ACPUGMEC, Gandhinagar and further action will be taken as per rule.
Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Merit List
For MBBS, the merit list is prepared on the basis of All India Overall rank of the candidates who are eligible in NEET 2020. The Admission Committee also prepared a separate list of minority students. The merit lists are uploaded to the ACPMEC website. Candidates can also check them from below.
The Admission Committee prepare different merit lists as follows:
- The first merit list shall include the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the Gujarat Board.
- The second merit list will consist of the list of candidates who have qualified the qualifying examination from CBSE, New Delhi.
- The third merit list will consist of the merit list of the candidates who have qualified CISCE, New Delhi.
- A separate merit list for the reserved category for each will also be published.
Tie Breaker Criteria
In case of two or more candidates have equal merit marks, the tie can be resolved by the following methods in the order as given below:
- The candidates with higher marks on the mark sheet will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is not resolved, the candidate with higher marks in Biology (theory) in qualifying examination will be ranked higher in the merit.
- If the tie still exists, the candidate with higher marks in Chemistry followed by Physics and English in the qualifying examination will be ranked higher.
- After applying the above-mentioned methods, if the tie is still not resolved, the candidates with higher marks in Class 10th will be placed higher.
- Lastly, to break the tie, the date of birth of the candidate will be considered in case the tie is still not resolved. The candidate older in age will be given preference over the younger candidate.
Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Cut Off
No candidates will be considered eligible unless he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria including minimum qualifying percentage/ percentile in HSC or equivalent exam passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology Theory and Practical. The minimum qualifying marks as per last yadmission foear’s information is given in the table below:
|Type of Seat||Category|
- The candidates must obtain 50th Percentile in NEET for admission to MBBS in the government seats.
- For Management and NRI seats, the NEET percentile as laid down by the Government of India.
Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Reservation of Seats
15% of the total seats shall be reserved for candidates in All India Quota for admission in each Government Medical and Dental College. The reservation of seat for the reserved categories is as follows:
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes||27%|
Gujarat MBBS/BDS Admission 2020 Seat Matrix
The details of seats as per last year’s information is given here for candidate’s reference.
List of Colleges
Medical Colleges List
Dental Colleges List
- Click here to check the fee structure for Govt. colleges. (As per last year)
About Admission Committee for Professional Medical Educational Courses
Admission Committee for Professional Medical Education Courses was constituted by Govt of Gujarat to regulate the admission of candidates to the Professional Medical/ Dental/ Aryuveda/ Homeopathy/ Naturopathy degree courses. The mission assigned to this Committee is to carry out the counseling process in a fair and transparent manner. The admission process is conducted by this Committee strictly on the basis of merit of the candidate.
Official Website: www.medadmgujarat.org
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.