IISER Admission 2022 – IISER has released the 11th round admission/allotment at iiseradmission.in. Whereas, The IISER Admission Test (IAT) 2022 was conducted on July 03, 2022. IISER Admission 2022 will be carried out to offer admission into 5 year BS-MS programmes and 4 year BS in Engineering and Economic Sciences (at IISER Bhopal). All those candidates who are eligible can take admission through channels like KVPY, JEE Advanced of IIT, SCB. Those who will seek admission through SCB channel will have to appear for IAT 2022. The 5 year BS-MS programmes are offered at IISER Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Tirupati, Thiruvananthapuram etc. Check more details about IISER Admission 2022 from this page such as eligibility criteria, important dates, exam pattern etc.
IISER admission is carried to promote and integrated interdisciplinary science education and research. For admission, Govt. of India has established IISERs at Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Berhampur, Tirupati, and Thiruvananthapuram.
Study Material / Resources for IISER Admission
IISER Admission 2022 – An Overview
Check the overview of IISER admission 2022 from the table given below.
|Admission conducted by||Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs)|
|Courses offered by||5 year BS – MS programmes|
4 year BS in Engineering and Economic Sciences at IISER Bhopal
|Name of IISER Institutes||IISER Berhampur|
|Application Fee for SCB channel only||Gen/OBC/OBC-NCL/EWS – Rs. 2000|
SC/ST/KM/PwD – Rs. 1000
|Admission Channels||KVPY channel|
JEE Advanced channel
SCB Channel (Have to appear for IAT)
|Who can apply?||Indian Nationals / PIO / OCI|
Must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Science stream from any board recognized by COBSE
Must have obtained minimum marks in the qualifying exam
|Negative marking in IAT||Yes, 0.75 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
Latest Updates on IISER Admission 2022
14 Aug 2022 – IISER will release the first round of provisional admission offers on 23 August 2022. Check the complete information from below image.
23 June 2022 – IISER will release the IAT 2022 admit card on June 26, 2022 (3:00 pm onwards). Check the complete information from below image.
14 June 2022 – IISER also provides opportunity to correct errors in the submitted application form from 17 June 2022 11:00 AM to 18 June 2022 until 5:00 PM. Check the complete information from below image.
04 June 2022 – IISER provides opportunity to correct errors in the submitted application form before the deadline passes. Check the complete information from below image.
23 May 2022: IISER has started the IAT 2022 registration process on 25 May 2022 at 3:00 pm. Check the complete information from below image.
12 May 2022: IISER has activated the mock computer based test (CBT) link. Click here to access it.
04 May 2022: Due to unavoidable technical issue, IISER has decided to postpone the date of opening of portal for IAT registration and new date will be announced by upcoming week i.e. from 09 May to 15 May 2022. Check the complete details from below image.
IISER Admission 2022 Through KVPY Channel
The candidates who meet the minimum eligibility criteria can apply through KVPY channel. It stands for Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel. All those candidates who have a valid KVPY fellowship starting from 2022-23 academic session will be eligible to apply for admission.
IISER Admission 2022 Through JEE Advanced Channel
To get admission through JEE Advanced channel, the candidates including (foreign nationals) must have:
- Secured a rank within 15000 in the common rank list (for the candidates belonging to GEN / OBC categories) or in the respective category rank lists (for candidates who belong to GEN – EWS / OBC-NCL / SC / ST / PwD categories) of JEE Advanced.
IISER Admission 2022 Through SCB (State and Central Boards) Channel
The candidates who want to take admission through this channel have to appear for IAT 2022. The test will be held at various test centres across the country.
IISER Registration 2022 for SCB
IISER has released the IAT 2022 registration form. The eligible candidates can apply online at iiseradmission.in. The direct link for IISER Registration 2022 for SCB is provided below.
Registration: Click here to do IISER Registration 2022 for SCB.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in IISER
To take admission in IISER, the following eligibility criteria must be met by the applicants:
- The candidates must be an Indian national or PIO or OCI.
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with Science stream in 2021 or 2022 from any board recognized by Council of boards of School Education in India (COBSE).
- Those candidates who are from GEN / OBC and OBC-NCL categories must have secured at least 60% aggregate marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates who belong to SC / ST / PwD must have secured minimum 55% aggregate marks or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- All those candidates who are not Indian Nationals can apply for admission only through IIT JEE (Advanced) channel.
IAT 2022 – IISER Admission Test 2022
An IISER Admission Test is also held for admission into 5 year BS-MS programmes and 4 year BS in Engineering and Economics Sciences (at IISER Bhopal). In the test, multiple-choice questions are present. The questions in the test are asked from Biology, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. The test follows the below-given marking scheme:
- Each correct answer will be given 03 marks
- For each incorrect answer, -0.75 marks will be deducted
- Unanswered questions will be given 0 marks
IISER Admission Test Previous Year Question Papers
- Click here to download IAT previous year question papers.
About IISER and Programs Offered
The Government of India has established the IISERs at Berhampur, Kolkata, Bhopal, Mohali, Pune, Tirupati, and Thiruvananthapuram to promote interdisciplinary science education and research. The goal of IISERs is to give an opportunity to the students to shape the nation by inventing and implementing sustainable solutions for the problems of society through research in Science.
About BS – MS Dual Degree Programs
- 5 year dual degree program for science students
- Classroom learning integrated with research
- Great scope for interdisciplinary activities
- An opportunity to pursue impactful research
- Curriculum with a focus on both depth and breadth in the natural sciences, economics, engineering sciences
Programs that are offered
- Chemical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Earth & Climate Sciences
- Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Integrated & Interdisciplinary Sciences (Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Data Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences)
Note: A 4 year BS program in Engineering Sciences and Economics is offered by IISER Bhopal only
Joint Admissions Committee 2022
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune
Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune – 411008
Email: [email protected]
FAQs on IISER Admission 2022
Ans. To apply for IISER 2022, you need to fill the application form at iiseradmission.in.
Ans. IISER IAT 2022 registration form is available till 15 June 2022
Ans. IISER admission is done to offer admission into 5 year BS – MS programmes and 4 year BS in Engineering and Economic Sciences (at Bhopal).
Ans. Yes, you should have completed 12th or equivalent exam level with the minimum required percentage in Science stream in 2021 or 2022 from any boards recognized by COBSE.
Ans. Those who meet the minimum eligibility requirements can apply through KVPY channel, JEE Advanced of IIT Channel, State and Central Board channel.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.
Leave a Reply