Admission to the M.Sc. Programmes at IITs will be made on the basis of merit in JAM 2019. Candidates who have qualified in the JAM 2019 Examination are eligible for the admission to M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other post-bachelor’s Degree Programmes at various IITs. JAM 2019 was held on February 10, 2019, at different centres across the country. IIT Kharagpur is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2019. JAM 2019 qualified candidates will be able to fill the online application form for the M.Sc. Admission in IITs. Candidates should note that mere appearance in JAM 2019 or being in the merit list of any test paper neither guarantees nor provides any automatic entitlement to admission. Get complete details on How to get admission in IIT for M.Sc. Programme from this article.
IIT M.Sc Admission Through JAM 2019
Full-time M.Sc. (Two Years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, and other Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes at different IITs to which admissions will be made on the basis of JAM 2019. No further requirements, like appropriateness test or interview, are required for the M.Sc. Admission in IITs.
IIT M.Sc Admission Through JAM 2019 Schedule
|IIT JAM 2019||10 Feb 2019|
|Submission of Application Form for Admission on the JAM 2019 Website||11 – 24 Apr 2019|
|Last Date for rectification of defective documents at IIT Kharagpur/ receipt of a request for change of category with proper documents||29 Apr 2019|
|Declaration of First Admission List||04 Jun 2019|
|Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for First Admission List||10 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of Second Admission List||18 Jun 2019|
|Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for Second Admission List||24 Jun 2019|
|Opening and closing of the withdrawal option||04 – 24 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of Third and Final Admission List||28 Jun 2019|
|Last Date for Payment of Seat Booking Fee through Online Process for Final Admission List JAM 2019 Admission Closure||02 Jul 2019|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2019||04 Jul 2019|
The candidates who qualify in JAM 2019 shall have to fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admissions to IITs.
- All candidates admitted through JAM should have a Bachelor’s degree.
- In the qualifying degree, the aggregate marks or CGPA/CPI without rounding-off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) should be at least 55% or 5.5 out of 10 for General/OBC (NCL) category candidates, and 50% or 5.0 out of 10 for SC/ST and PwD category candidates.
- For Candidates with letter grades/CGPA (instead of a percentage of marks), the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute(s).
- Proof of having passed the Qualifying Degree with the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ) as specified by the Admitting Institute should be submitted by September 30, 2019.
Also you can apply for ATSE 2020 Scholarship Exam - Click Here
- It will entirely be the responsibility of the Candidate to prove that he/she satisfies the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admission.
- The Admitting Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate who is found to have been admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
- At the time of admission, all admitted candidates will have to submit a Physical Fitness certificate from a registered medical practitioner in the prescribed form. At the time of admission, the admitted candidates may also have to undergo a Physical Fitness test by a medical board constituted by the Admitting Institute. In case a candidate is not found physically fit to pursue his/her chosen course of study, his/her admission is liable to be cancelled.
Applicants can apply for Admission based on JAM 2019 only through the online application process at JAM 2019 website (https://jam.iitkgp.ac.in). Before filling up the online application candidates are recommended to read and understand all the information and instructions carefully. Any application which is incomplete in any respect and does not have the required valid documents will be summarily rejected. The candidate needs to have the required documents, in PDF form, ready before starting the online application.
Application Fee: The application fee ( non – refundable ) for admission is Rs. 600/- and this amount has to be paid ONLINE only using a credit card or debit card or net banking. No challan payment is accepted. During the time of payment of the fee, additional charges pertaining to the mode of payment would be added up.
List of documents required during the application process:
- X Class Certificate
- XII Mark sheet
- Qualifying Degree: Mark sheets of all semesters/ years
- Category Certificate for OBC(NCL), SC and ST Applicants
- PwD Certificate for PWD Applicants.
- Document for General Category: Nationality Certificate: Birth Certificate or Voter ID or First page of Passport or School Transfer Certificate (TC) showing nationality or Nationality Certificate issued by the authorized government agency or Aadhar Card.
On the basis of the scores secured by candidates in the JAM 2019, admission list will be prepared. The candidates whose name will be mentioned in the admission list will be eligible for the further admission process in various IITs. The first Admission List for each programme under JAM 2019 will be prepared by the Organizing Institute and admission list will be published on the official website i.e. https://jam.iitkgp.ac.in/. A link for the same will also be provided here on this page for the ease of the selected candidates.
Only the candidates who qualified in JAM 2019 whose names appear in the Merit List will be eligible to apply for admission to the corresponding academic programmes available at IITs. Taking into consideration the order of preference as given in the Admission Form and corresponding rank in the Merit List, the First Admission List/ First Admission Round for each programme under JAM 2019 will be prepared by the Organizing Institute and will be announced on June 04, 2019 through JAM 2019 website.
The following admission procedure shall be followed for all the Programmes at IITs covered under JAM 2019:
- The Admission Form will not be considered, if it is found to be incomplete in any respect or if the payment is not successful, irrespective of satisfying the ER and MEQ of any programme(s) for which the Admission Form has been submitted.
- Based on the test paper(s) qualified, a Candidate can apply to one or more academic programmes covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfilment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institute(s).
- The Applicant will be considered for admission only to the programme(s), given in his/ her Admission Form.
A specific number of seats are reserved for candidates belonging to various categories. The category-wise list in a JAM paper will be prepared based on the category declared by the candidate in the application form. It will be the responsibility of a candidate to prove his/her eligibility for admission in terms of Minimum Educational Qualifications, etc, and for claiming reservation under a specific category. The number of seats reserved under various categories in each of the programmes covered under JAM 2019 is given below.
- Verification of Minimum Educational Qualifications and the Eligibility Requirements for admission is the privilege of the Admitting Institute only and the Organizing Institute will not respond to any queries in this respect. Further, during the time of Admission, the biometric (fingerprint) of the candidate captured during the JAM 2019 examination will also be checked and it has to match for the candidate to be approved.
- The offer of admission to a candidate will be transient, subject to the fulfillment of all the necessities by the dates specified, and further subject to the requirements of the Admitting Institute
- Applicants should note that signifying in the Merit List of any test paper neither guarantees nor provides any entitlement for admission. Admissions will be made in order of merit and depending on the number of seats available at the Admitting Institute, directed to the conditions.
IITs Institutes covered under JAM 2019
Below we mentioned the official website of all the IITs covered under JAM 2019.
|Name of Institute||Website|
|IIT (ISM) Dhanbad||www.iitism.ac.in|
|IIT (BHU) Varanasi||www.iitbhu.ac.in|
For more information regarding IIT M.Sc Admission Through JAM 2019 – Download Information Brochure.