Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, established in 1959, is one of the premier institutions established by the Government of India. The aim of the Institute is to provide meaningful education, to conduct original research of the highest standard and to provide leadership in technological innovation.
Address: Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016
Campus size: 1055 acres
Phone: 0512 259 0151
Director: Indranil Manna
Chairperson: R. C. Bhargava
Administrative staff: 448
IIT Kanpur Admission
IIT Kanpur, along with other IITs and IISc, conducts entrance examination for admission and pre-qualification of students for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- JEE (Advanced Joint Entrance Examination) for the B.Tech Admission
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for M.Tech and Ph.D. Admission
- CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design) for M. Des and Ph.D. Admission
- JAM (Joint Admission Test) for M.Sc. Admission
- COGJET (Cognitive Science Joint Entrance Test) for M.S, M.Sc, and Ph.D. Admission