IIT Madras Admissions – One of the oldest institute of national importance, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras was set up in the year 1959. With the help of German Government, in the year 1956, this institute currently has 550 faculty members, 8000 students and 1250 administrative & supporting staff. It offers various undergraduate, post graduate and dual degree courses across engineering, management, arts and science field. It offers a campus of 250 hectares for teaching, research and industrial consultancy purposes. Like any other IIT, its selection procedure is also same! To know more about IIT Madras Admissions, keep reading!
Key Points About IIT Madras
Motto: “Siddhirbhavati Karmaja” or Success is born out of action
Address: Beside Adyar Cancer Institute, Opposite to C.L.R.I, Sardar Patel Road, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036
Campus size: 620 acres
Phone: 044 2257 8101
Director: Bhaskar Ramamurthy
Chairman: Dr. Pawan Goenka
Administrative staff: 550
Ranking: NIRF – 1st (Engineering Category); 2nd (Overall Category), 264th (QS World University Rankings of 2018)
IIT Madras Courses Offered
- Presidency University 2020 AdmissionPresidency University Admission 2020 Open Apply Now!!
- GD Goenka University ApplicationGD Goenka University Application Apply Now!!
- Study in Dubai? Get Scholarship.Study in Dubai? Get Scholarship. Apply Now!!
- Chandigarh University AdmissionChandigarh University Admission Apply Now!!
IIT, Madras offers the following courses at UG, PG and doctoral level. For each of these courses, it has designed a different selection process.
|Dual Degree (B.Tech. & M.Tech.) in Biological Engineering/(B.S. & M.S.) in Biological Sciences||MA|
IIT Madras Fee Structure
Candidates can get an estimate regarding the amount, that needs to be submitted in order to pursue any of the following courses, that IITM offers. Below, the fee structure for the year 2019-2020 has been mentioned below.
|Course||Fee/ Per Semester (in Rs.)|
|B.Tech & Dual degree|
Other fees: Candidates can check the detailed fee structure/breakup or other fees from the PDF provided here.
IIT Madras Admissions
A candidate can check the IIT Madras admission process from below. For different courses, that it offers IITM has designed a separate eligibility, admission process and other such conditions.
Mostly, in order to get into any of the IITs, a candidate needs to appear for these national level entrance examinations. For detailed information on each of these entrances, a candidate needs to keep a track of related events.
- JEE (Advanced Joint Entrance Examination) for the B.Tech Admission
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for M.Tech and PhD Admission
- CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design) for M. Des and PhD Admission
- JAM (Joint Admission Test) for M.Sc. Admission
Placements @ IIT, Madras
Every year, various students pursuing engineering, management, arts, science and design disciplines from Indian Institute of Madras end up bagging some of the attractive packages. Many recruiters, year after year pay a visit to the campus and have claimed it to be the one of their favorite destinations to hire suitable candidates. To sit for any of the on campus placement drives, a candidate needs to get enrolled with the placement drives. If recruiters, found the resume of any candidate suitable, they shall ask the candidate to appear for a written or online test. On this basis, a candidate will be offered offer letter and finally hired.
Average CTC – Rs. 12.4 Lakhs per Annum
International Recruiters – 6 (including Microsoft, Uber, Rubrik,etc.)
Number of Offers Made – 85 (in first session)
Number of Registered candidates – More than 1300 candidates
Percentage of Candidates Placed – 70%
Highest Package – Over Rs. 1 crore (as per 2017 placement data)
Recruiters, who are a frequent visitor at the time of placement drives
These IIT Madras Alumni have made it big in their respective fields. Their contributions have made the nation and the institute, proud of them! Although, there is a long list of candidates. Below, we have mentioned the names of some of the well known alumni.
- R. Prasanna – Guitarist
- S. Sowmya – Carnatic music singer
- Balaji Sampath – Founder and Secretary of NGO Association for India’s Development India
- T. K. Alex – Director at ISRO Satellite Centre, Bangalore
- B. Jayant Baliga – Inventor of the Insulated-Gate Bipolar Transistor
- Krishna Bharat – Creator of Google News
- Bhaskar Bhat – Managing Director, Titan Co. Ltd.
- Raju Narayana Swamy – IAS Officer
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.