IIT Roorkee Admission – One of the institutes of national importance in engineering, basic and applied research, IIT Roorkee was started in the year 1847. This Institute has played a major part in providing reasearch based education to all its students at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. Currently, it offers 11 B.Tech courses, 1 dual degree, along with some M.Tech./M.Sc.courses at UG level. In PG level, a candidate can pursue an MBA and M.Sc., other than the integrated course mentioned above. Mostly, for UG engineering, JEE Advanced scores are considered. Whereas, for PG engineering or science courses, a candidate requires GATE or JAM scores. To know more about IIT Roorkee Admission, candidates can keep reading!
IIT Roorkee Admission
Candidates can check the key points about IIT, Roorkee from below.
Motto: Nothing can be achieved without hard work
Address: Roorkee – Haridwar Highway, Roorkee, Uttarakhand 247667
Campus size: 365 acres
Phone: 01332 285 311
Director: Ajit K Chaturvedi
Administrative staff: 1000 (2010-11)
Ranking: 431–440 in the QS World University Rankings (2018); NIRF (2018) – 8
IIT Roorkee Courses Offered
21 academic units, 1 academic center and 3 supporting centers offers the following courses in this campus of the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee at UG, PG and doctoral levels.
- B.Tech. and IDD, IMT & IMS programmes are through the JEE (Advanced) scores
- M.Tech admission are done on the basis of GATE score.
- B.Arch. Architecture
- B. Tech. Biotechnology
- B. Tech. Chemical Engineering
- B. Tech. Polymer Science & Engineering
- B. Tech. Civil Engineering
- B. Tech. Electrical Engineering
- B. Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
- B. Tech. Mechanical Engineering
- B. Tech. Production & Industrial Engineering
- B. Tech. Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- B.Tech. Engineering Physics
Integrated Dual Degree
- B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) and M.Tech. (Computer Aided Process Plant Design)
- B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering) and M.Tech.(Industrial Pollution Abatement)
- B.Tech. (Civil Engineering) and M.Tech. (Structural Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering) and M.Tech. (Computer Science and Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) and M.Tech.(Instrumentation & Control)
- B.Tech. (Electrical Engineering) and M.Tech. (Power Electronics)
- B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) and M.Tech. (Microelectronics and VLSI)
- B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) and M.Tech. (RF and Microwave Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering) and M.Tech. (Communication Systems)
- B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) and M.Tech. (CAD, CAM and Robotics)
- B.Tech. (Mechanical Engineering) and M.Tech. (Thermal Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Metallurgical and Materials Engineering) and M.Tech. (Industrial Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Production and Industrial Engineering) and M.Tech. (CAD, CAM and Robotics)
- B.Tech. (Production and Industrial Engineering) and M.Tech. (Thermal Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Geophysical Technology) – Integrated
- M.Tech. (Geological Technology) – Integrated
- M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics) – Integrated
- M.Sc. (Physics) – Integrated
- M.Sc. (Chemistry) – Integrated
- M.Sc. Biotechnology
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Applied Geology
- M.Sc. Applied Mathematics
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Economics
IIT Roorkee Fee Structure
From below, a candidate can have an estimate of the fee, that needs to be submitted in the first year of admission to IIT, Roorkee. The fee structure may change, this year. In case it does, we will update this page accordingly! Till that a candidate can have an estimate the fee structure for undergraduate programmes and postgraduate programmes, from below.
|Course||Amount (in Rs.)|
|B.Tech/B.Arch/Integrated M.Sc./Integrated M.Tech 1 Year & Preparatory Course||104600|
|Ph.D full time/part time||43780|
IIT Roorkee Admission
Precisely, for each of these courses offered at IIT Roorkee, a candidate needs to go through and qualify for the different selection rounds. We have explained the selection process for each of the courses offered at IIT Roorkee. Interested candidates can keep a track of its admission related events, from the links provided below.
IIT Bhubaneswar, along with other IITs and IISc, conducts entrance examination for admission and pre-qualification of students for undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- JEE (Advanced Joint Entrance Examination) for the B.Tech Admission
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) for M.Tech and PhD Admission
- CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design) for M. Des and PhD Admission
- JAM (Joint Admission Test) for M.Sc. Admission
Placements @ IIT, Roorkee
The training and placement office of Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee helped its students to grab good packages. As they say, a college is known from its placement records. It is so, in this case as well. From below, candidates can check the placement records for the previous year.
Average CTC – Rs. 9.18 LPA
International Recruiters – 7 (as per 2018 placement data)
Highest CTC – Rs. 1.5 Crore
List of Recruiters
Amazon India Pvt. Ltd.
Bank of India
Capgemini India Pvt. Ltd.
Chegg India Pvt. Ltd.
Deloitte Consulting India Pvt. Ltd.
Michelin Tyres Pvt. Ltd.
Indian Insitute of Technology, Roorkee is known for its long list of alumni. Check some of those names from below. Someday, you can create your own mark by pursuing a course from this institute.
- Amit Singhal – Ex- vice president of Google
- Naveen Jain – CEO of InfoSpace
- Dinesh Paliwal – CEO of Harman International Industries
- Jaiprakash Gaur – Ex- chairmain of Jaypee Group
- Ganga Ram – Civil Engineer and Architect
- Mangu Singh – Managing director of Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Vinita Singh – Founder of Digital Link Corporation