IRMASAT 2021 – The Institute offers admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM). After the conduct of interview final Result has been declared at the official website, irma.ac.in. Candidates can now check shortlisted list for IRMA PGDM(RM) 2021-23 admissions. Shortlisting of candidates is done on the basis of their merit in CAT 2020/XAT 2021 and then appear for IRMASAT, GA & PI process. The Institute offers admission in Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM). Candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for the IRMA SAT entrance exam. Candidates can check more details on IRMASAT 2021, from this page.
Latest: Final result for PGDM (RM) Admission 2021-23 is out now. Click here to check it.
The medium of instruction at IRMA is English and PGDM (RM) is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Candidates can check the schedule for IRMASAT 2021 from the table below.
Schedule for PGDM (RM) 2021 –
|Last to Apply Form for Indian|
02 Feb 2021
|Last to Apply Form for FN/OCI/PIO/CIWG/NRI Candidates||31 Mar 2021|
|Intimation for IRMASAT 2021, Group Activity and PI for Indian||11 Feb 2021|
|Online IRMASAT 2021 on||18 & 19 Feb 2021|
|Online Personal Interview is going to be held from||23 Feb – 05 Mar 2021 (with the exception of February 28, 2021)|
|PI for FN/OCI/PIO/CIWG/NRI Candidates||2nd and 3rd week of Apr 2021|
|Announcement of Final Result for Indian||22 Mar 2021|
|Announcement of Final Result for FN/OCI/PIO/CIWG/NRI Candidates||04 week of Apr 2021|
|Last date to for Submitting Acceptance Form with initial fee of Rs. 1,00,000/-||Within week of after the announcement of final result|
|Last date for Depositing the remaining 1st year Fees||Within 7 working days after payment of acceptance fees|
|Last date for Depositing the remaining 1st year Fees for FN/OCI/PIO/CIWG/NRI Candidates||2nd week of May 2021|
|Classes on Bridge Courses||24 – 30 Jun 2021|
|Induction Programme||01 – 11 Jul 2021|
|Beginning of 1st Term||12 Jul 2021|
IRMA 2021 Courses and their Selection Process
The candidates can check below the 3 programs offered at IRMA and the selection process for them:
A) PGDRM: 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management
For this course, the candidates are selected in 2 ways:
Merit-based calls: Candidates of General Category, who score above 85 percentile in CAT 2020/XAT 2021 are eligible to be shortlisted for IRMASAT and GA and PI process.
Profile-cum-merit based Calls: The Admissions Committee will also decide category wise cut-offs (CAT2020 and XAT2021 percentile scores) for shortlisting applicants for IRMASAT 2021and GA and PI process under the Profile-cum-merit based Calls. The applicant will be considered under the profile-based calls ONLY if the applicant is a graduate in one of the following disciplines:
- Agriculture Engineering
- Dairy Technology
- Cooperation (if it is relating to Agricultural cooperatives)
- Food Science
- Food Technology
- Food Processing
- Agri Packaging and Processing
Shortlisted candidates will be called for the selection process at IRMA, where they will have to take the IRMA Social Awareness Test 2021 (IRMASAT 2021), Group Activity, and Personal Interview.
The selection criteria are based on the below-given weightage:
|CAT 2020 / XAT 2021||35%|
B) FPRM: Fellow Programme in Rural Management
The selection process for this course is as follows:
- Apply with CAT, XAT, GMAT, GRE, GATE, UGC-JRF/NET, CSIR JRF/NET, ICAR-SRF, or the ICAT ASRB-NET scores
- The applications will be screened by the designated selection committee of IRMA on the basis of multiple parameters like academic qualification, test scores, research proposal, and reservation.
- Selected candidates as per the screening are called for the personal interview (PI).
- The final selection consists of a presentation of the research proposal and personal interview.
- The selection committee, if necessary, may conduct a short written test for those called for PI to assess their analytical and communication abilities.
- The decision of the selection committee regarding the process and criteria is final.
C) PGDMX(R): Post Graduate Diploma in Management
Candidates can check below the selection process of this course:
- Apply with CAT/XAT/GMAT scores
- Selected candidates are called for Group activity and/or Personal Interview
IRMA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must check the eligibility criteria before they apply for admission at IRMA. The course wise eligibility for admission is available below:
- Qualification – The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree from any discipline.
- Percentage – At least 50% (45% for SC / ST / DAP)
- Exam – Candidates must have appeared for CAT or XAT
- Final year candidates – Candidates who are to complete their graduation before September 2021 may also apply.
- Qualification – Anybody with a postgraduate or postgraduate equivalent degree/diploma from a recognized university or institution in any discipline.
- Minimum percentage – minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade can apply. (5% less for those eligible for reservations).
- Final year students – Those expecting to complete the final exams of these degrees by July 01 may also apply.
- Entrance Exam – The candidate must have a valid score of CAT/XAT/GMAT/GRE/UGC-JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/NET/ICAR-SRF/ICAR/ASRB-NET/GATE
- Minimum Educational Qualification – Graduate in any discipline
- percentage of marks needed – 50 percent or above (45 percent or above for SC/ST/DAP) aggregate marks or equivalent CGPA at the graduation level.
- Entrance exam – Admission will be on the basis of the candidate having a valid score of either CAT/XAT/GMAT or Mini GMAT.
- Minimum Work Experience – At least five years of post-qualification full-time work experience in Managerial/Supervisory position.
IRMA Admission 2021 Application Form
The candidates have to apply for IRMA Admission via the online mode only. The candidates can check below the steps to apply for IRMA:
1st step: Register Online
2nd step: Fill the online application form
3rd step: Pay the application fee
Application fee: The candidates can check below the application fee for each category and course:
|General & OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 1400/-|
|SC/ST/DAP||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 700/-|
|FN / OCI / PIO / CIWG / NRI / NRI Sponsored||Rs. 2250/-||–|
The mode of fee payment: The application fee payment can be done by online mode only.
The candidates who apply for the 2 year Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) have to appear for a test. This test is the IRMA Social Awareness Test (IRMASAT). This test is held on the campus of IRMA. The selected candidates who are called after the screening of the application form have to appear for IRMASAT, Group Exercise and Personal Interview.
The final selection is based on the eligibility needs and the scores of the candidates in the PI, Group exercise and IRMASAT.
Syllabus for IRMASAT
The candidates who are to appear in IRMASAT must prepare for the following topics. The syllabus contains topics from the Issues of Social Concern. The subject tests the candidate’s ability to analyze topics such as:-
- Indian economy
- Environmental issues
- Human development
- Rural and urban population
- Sex ratio
- Social and economic development
- Employment and literacy
- Gender and social groups like caste and religion
- Human rights
- Rural development
- Corporate social responsibility
- Health issues
IRMASAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check the exam pattern for IRMASAT below:
- Mode of the exam: IRMASAT is an offline “pen-paper” based test
- Duration of the exam: The entrance test is of 02 hours duration
- Type of questions: The question paper consist of MCQ type questions
- Number of questions: There are 200 number of questions in the test
Candidates can check the distribution of question from the table below.
|Name of the section||Number of questions|
|Issues of Social Concern||60|
Sample Paper: Click here to download the IRMASAT Sample Paper
IRMASAT 2021 Admit Card
The candidates who are eligible to appear for the IRMASAT have to check for the intimidation over the official website regarding the IRMASAT , Group Activity and PI date, time and venue.
The intimidation is made via the admit card of IRMASAT. The candidates have to download the admit card an carry it on the day of the IRMASAT, Group Activity and PI. To download the admit card the candidates have to visit the official IRMA website and login using their login credentials. The candidates must carry the IRMASAT Admit Card in the printed format. Only when the admit card is produced at the venue, the candidates are allowed to appear for the selection rounds.
Candidates would be able to check the IRMA Online Admission Test Result through the online portal of the institute at irma.ac.in. Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Activity and Personal Interview. The result for all the courses is conveyed in the online mode only. The candidates can check their result by logging into their accounts using their application number and password as generated at the time of the application form fill up.
IRMA Reservation Policy
IRMA follows the reservation policy for admission in the various courses. The reservation percentage for each category is as follows:
The Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) was incorporated in the year 1979 by the Father of the White Revolution, Mr. Verghese Kurien. It is a premier institute in rural management education and research in the country. It is located in Anand, Gujarat, and the courses offered by it are sought by the MBA aspirants.
Official Website: www.irma.ac.in
For more information regarding IRMASAT 2021, Download the following documents:
- Information Brochure
- Selection process
- Programme structure
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding Admission Process.
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding About the programme.
- Frequently Asked Questions regarding General Information.
IRMA Archive Section
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.