Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2018 – Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission for the academic session 2018-19 is done on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET 2018. Interested candidates who are eligible and qualify NEET 2018, can able to apply for the admission. Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2018 is done on the basis of marks obtained in the NEET 2018. Candidates can check all the details related to Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2018 here.
Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2018
Only those candidates who have been declared qualified in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (UG) 2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education are eligible to apply. Schedule of Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2018 is given below.
|Submission of Online application starts||23 Mar 2018|
|Last date for filling the application form||20 Jun 2018|
|Display of selection list||to be announced!|
|Closure of Admissions||30 Sep 2018|
Candidates shall be admitted to first year of MBBS course only if s/he has passed qualifying examination as under,
- The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than core course of English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 years educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on education.
Note: Where the course content is not as prescribed for 10+2 education structure of the National Committee, the candidates will have to undergo a period of one year preprofessional training before admission to the Medical College. OR
- The intermediate examination in science of an Indian University/Board or other recognized examining body with Physics, Chemistry and Biology which shall include a practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
- The pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology, after passing either the higher secondary school examination, or the pre-university or an equivalent Examination. The pre-professional/pre-medical examination shall include a practical test in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and also English as a compulsory subject. OR
- The first year of the three years degree course of a recognized university, with Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in three subjects provided the examination is a “University Examination” and candidate has passed 10+2 with English at a level not less than a core course. OR
- B.Sc. examination of an Indian University, provided that he/she has passed the B.Sc. examination with not less than two of the following subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and further that he/she has passed the earlier qualifying examination with the following subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. OR
- Any other examination which, in scope and standard is found to be equivalent to the intermediate science examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Note: Marks obtained in Mathematics are not to be considered for admission to MBBS.
Candidates must have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the qualifying examination.
In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together in qualifying examination shall be 45% instead of 50% as above.
Application form for Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2018 will be made available on the official website. The application process is over now. Candidates who have successfully qualified the NEET 2018 can apply online for Jamia Hamdard MBBS Admission 2018.
Instruction to candidates
- Select the program you want to apply, you will be able to see the available courses for which you may apply for JAMIA HAMDARD. Please select the course type from the list to proceed.
- Select if you are applying as an Indian national or as Foreign / NRI / Sponsored candidate.
- After selecting the course type you will see a list of preferences to fill. You can select a maximum number of 3 preferences. Select a minimum of 1 preference over here to proceed further.
- Once you have selected your preference, you can fill the application form for that course where you will need to fill in all information in each section.
- All fields marked with * need to be compulsorily filled.
To read more about instructions, click here.
The selection for admission to the MBBS program in HIMSR shall be based strictly on basis of All India overall rank obtained in the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. The procedure for selection is as follows:
- The selection will be done from amongst the candidates who apply in HIMSR on the prescribed application form issued by Jamia Hamdard for admission to MBBS and who satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the MCI.
- The merit list shall be prepared by HIMSR as per NEET score/ All India overall rank of the candidates. The candidates applying in HIMSR on the prescribed application form are required to clearly indicate their NEET Registration Number and Roll Number.
- The selection for admission to MBBS under the management quota shall be made from amongst the candidates who apply in this quota on the prescribed application form issued by JH for admission to MBBS and satisfy the minimum requisite eligibility criteria/conditions prescribed by the MCI, at the discretion of JH.
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS Course for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to have been declared as eligible under „National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS course‟ held for the said academic year. In respect of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs terms of Clause 4(3) above, minimum eligibility for that category declared by NEET will be applicable. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All-India common merit list in „National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS course‟.
- Provided that if any seat(s) remain vacant in the Management quota, the competent authority of HIMSR shall be at liberty to call for fresh application(s) for such vacant seats which shall be filled from amongst the candidates who apply in response to the same for admission to MBBS and who satisfy the minimum requisite eligibility criteria/conditions as prescribed by the MCI.
- Closure of admission will be as per the announcement on the HIMSR/Jamia Hamdard websites.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying examination on or before the date of admission. Candidate not reporting for admission and completing the admission formalities including deposit of fee etc. on the date and time fixed for admission, would forfeit his/her claim for admission and the seat so vacant will be offered to the next candidate on merit basis subject to his/her eligibility.
- The candidates are required to fulfill all the eligibility criteria in terms of the education, age and such other eligibility conditions including deposit of the fee on the date and time of admission as specified in the selection list of admission.
Age limit: Candidate should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2017 (Candidates born on or after 1st January 2001 will not be eligible)
Medical Examination: The selected candidates shall have to undergo medical examination by a Medical Board set up by the HIMSR, consisting of Faculty members of the Institute. If, in the assessment of the Medical Board, a candidate is found medically unfit to be admitted to the course, then his/her candidature for admission will be rejected and he/she will not be admitted. The decision of the Board in this regard shall be final. The university shall not consider any other medical certificates except the certificate given by the Medical Board of HIMSR. In case, of such forfeiture the seat fell so vacant, shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit.
Number of Seats – 100
Allocation of Seats in different categories:
- General category (Unreserved) seats – 42
- Reserved category seats (For Muslims) – 43
- Management category seats including NRI – 15
3% of the total annual intake of seats is reserved for candidates with Locomotor disability of lower limb between 50%-70%, as per MCI norms, except management seats. Provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 50%-70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotor disability of lower limbs between 40%-50% before they are included in the annual sanctioned seats for General Category.”
Official Website: www.jamiahamdard.edu
For more details Jamia Hamdard Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.