JEE Main 2020 B.Planning Syllabus – National Testing Agency (NTA) decided to conduct a separate B.Planning paper in JEE Main 2020. The paper is of total 400 marks with topics from Mathematics, Aptitude and the third section is based on Planning. Now the aspirants who wish to appear for the B.Planning paper have to follow the syllabus that revolves around these 3 topics. On this page the candidates can check the detailed JEE Main 2020 B.Planning Syllabus.
JEE Main 2020 B.Planning Syllabus
The thing to note is that the pasrt 1 and 2 of B.Arch and B.Plan paper are the same. The difference is in the part 3 of the papers. In B.Plan the candidates have to attempt 25 planning based questions. To check the detailed syllabus of B.planning paper, check the sections below.
Part 1: Mathematics (Same as B.E./B.Tech and B.Arch Papers)
- Sets, Relations, Functions
- Complex Number and Quadratic Equations
- Matrices & Determinants
- Permutation & Combination
- Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequencers & Series
- Limit, Continuity & Differentiability
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Coordinate Geometry
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics & Probability
- Mathematical Reasoning
Part 2: Aptitude (Same as B.Arch Paper)
- Awareness of places, persons, buildings and materials / objects.
- Texture and objects related to Architecture and building environment.
- Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings.
- Visualizing different sides of three Dimensional objects.
- Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical, and Verbal)
- Three dimensional – perception: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms, and elements, color texture, harmony, and contrast.
- Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects.
Part 3: Planning Based Questions (Specific for the B.Plan paper)
- General Awareness regarding development issues, government programs/schemes etc.
- Comprehension, critical thinking and analytical skills, graphs, charts and map reading skills, simple statistics
- CBSE Class X Social Sciences
Distribution of Questions in JEE Main 2020 B.Planning Paper
The candidates can check below the distribution of marks and questions in all the 3 parts of the B.Planning paper:
|Sections||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Mathematics – Part I||25 (20 MCQ + 5 NAT)||100|
|Aptitude Test – Part 2||50 (MCQ)||200|
|Planning Based Question||25||100|
Important Books that cover the JEE Main 2020 B.Planning Syllabus
The candidates must choose wisely the books that they use for their preparations. The B.Planning paper has topics that are also covered in the architecture books. Thus the candidates can check below a few of the books that might just help them with B.Planning and B.Arch preparation too for JEE Main 2020.
Books to prepare for Part 1: Mathematics (Same as B.E./B.Tech and B.Arch Papers)
|Differential Calculus||Arihant||Get Here|
|Integral Calculus||Arihant||Get Here|
|Vector and 3D Geometry||Arihant Prakashan||Get Here|
|Higher Algebra||Barnard and Child||Get Here|
|40 + 16 Years Chapterwise Solutions – Mathematics for JEE (Main & Advanced)||MTG Editorial Board||Get Here|
|Maths XI & XII||R.D. Sharma||Get Here|
Books to prepare for Part 2 & 3: Aptitude and Planning
|Contemporary India Part – 2 Textbook in Geography for Class – 10||NCERT||Get herer|
|Democratic Politics – II Textbook in Social Science for Class 10||NCERT||Get here|
|India and the Contemporary World – 2 Textbook in History for Class – 10||NCERT||Get Here|
|Understanding Economic Development – Textbook in Social Science for Class – 10||NCERT||Get Here|
|Study Guide for B.Arch 2020||Arihant||Get Here|
|Steps to Architecture: B.Arch (NATA/JEE–Main) Exam Guide||Nimish Madan||Get Here|
|NATA & JEE (B.Arch) Study Pack for 2020: 12 books with Previous year Question Paper||Mohd. Haroon, Furkan Mirza||Get Here|
|Wiley’s B. Arch Entrance Examination JEE Main Paper 2 and NATA: Solved Papers and Practice Tests||Wiley Editorial||Get Here|
How to Prepare for the B.Planning paper of JEE Main 2020
Now that yiu have a separate paper for B.Planning it is important to kno what shall be asked in the exam. Thus here comes the syllabus. Now that we have also provided you with the syllabus of JEE Main 2020 B.Plan paper, here are a few tips to help you with the preparation.
Tip 1: Understand the difference in the syllabus. We can help you with that:
- The part 1 and 2 of the B.plan syllabus is common with the B.Arch syllabus.
- The part 3 is different, in B.Plan the candidates face planning based questions and in B.Arch the students have to face drawing questions.
Tip 2: General Awareness
You have to face GK in B.Plan. GK in this section is based on development issues, government programs/schemes. So you need to start watching news, read news article in the newspapers or web. Your special focus must be developmental schemes of the nation, Government activity, etc.
Tip 3: Know the Map
Know how read a map. Map of a country, Map of a large/small area, Map ifa building, etc. You are judged based on such questions in this section.
For example, questions like these are asked:
Tip 4: Go back to class 10
You shall face class 10 level history, geography, economics and politics level questions. Thus, take out the class 10 CBSE book and start reading now. The type of questions you might face are:
Tip 5: Don’t be scared, have confidence
The new pattern is nothing to be worried about. And now that the syllabus is defined by NTA and the sample paper is available, you can give your preparation a direction. Just have confidence and follow the syllabus.
JEE Main 2020
NTA is cinducting JEE Main 2020 twice a year in the month of January 2020 and then on April 2020. From 2020, the pattern of the exam has changed and the 2 papers in JEE Main has been spilt into 3. The paper 1 is B.E/B.Tech, Paper 2 is B.Arch and the new and the third paper is B.Plan.
The B.E./B.Tech paper is of total 300 marks and the B.Planning and B.Arch paper is of 400 marks in eacg. The candidates can appear in any one paper, any 2 paper or in all the 3 papers as per their eligibility and choice. The mode of the exam is online only. The marking scheme is +4 for correct answer and -1 for any wrong answer.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.