JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure – National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the JEE Main Information Brochure at nta.ac.in. In JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure, many new changes has been introduced like the change of the exam pattern, application fee, the websites of JEE Main 2020 and much more. Candidates need to go through the Information Brochure carefully if they have to apply for JEE Main 2020 and appear for the exam. JEE Main 2020 is scheduled to take place from January 06 -11 and from April 03 – 09. Check all the details related to the exam timings, details which have to be filled in the form, the availability of admit card etc from JEE Main Information Brochure. Candidates can go through this article to check what details are mentioned in JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure.
Latest: JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure is out. Check the same below.
JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure
Candidates can check all the details for JEE Main 2020 from the Information Brochure. Through JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure, candidates can check the details to fill the Application Form, number of questions in each section, total number of marks, important dates and so on. To know more about the details in the information brochure, go through this page.
Click Here to download JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure
How to download JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure
To download the Information Brochure, candidates are required to follow certain steps. Check the same from the data given below:
Step 1: Click on the link mentioned above or visit the websites jeemain.nta.nic.in, www.nta.ac.in, nta.nic.in.
Step 2: Check the new sections and you will see a link blinking as “Information Brochure”.
Step 3: Open the PDF File. Start reading the Brochure.
Step 4: Download the Information Brochure for future purposes.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility
To apply for JEE Main 2020, candidates need to keep in mind certain things. Read the Brochure carefully and see what are the requirements in order to apply for JEE Main 2020. Also, let’s have a quick glance at the eligibility requirements:
- Age Limit- There is no age limit to apply for JEE Main.
- Other qualifications- Candidates should have passed class 12 / equivalent in the year 2018, 2019, or must be appearing for it in 2020.
- Subjects: Candidates must have studied 5 subjects in class 12th. The Brochure does not specify the subjects required however, in some colleges they ask for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject as core subjects. This case is the same with Architecture exam, candidates need to have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as core subjects.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
In the JEE Main 2020 Information brochure, there is complete information on the application process. For JEE Main 2020 Application Form, there are details on how to apply, step-by-step process to fill the application form, application fee, details to be entered by the students, etc. Candidates must make sure that they fill the application form and submit the application fee before the last date. Although the students are provided with the facility of making changes in the Application form, yet they must make sure to cross-check the details filled in the Application form in the first time itself.
To apply for JEE Main 2020, register first on the official website by entering the required details. After the registration, complete the application form. Upload the documents such as photograph/ signature / other qualification documents. Then, as the last step, pay the application fee.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
To download JEE Main 2020 Admit Card, candidates are required to visit the official website. JEE Main 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded by entering the Application Number and Date of Birth / Password. The admit card for JEE Main 2020 for January and April attempt is released separately. Note that no duplicate JEE Main Admit Card/ Hall Ticket is issued to the candidates, hence, students must keep the admit card safe with them until the end of the admission process.
On the examination day, candidates are required to carry some other documents too along with the admit card such as passport size photograph, valid id proof, any other certificate (if any).
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important for the candidates to be aware of the exam pattern as that will allow the candidates to prepare for the exam in a better way. To know about the JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern, candidates can have a look at the information given below:
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern New Changes (Quick Overview)
There have been some changes in the exam pattern of JEE Main 2020. Candidates can have a look at the information given below and jot down what are the changes in JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern.
- In B.E. / B.TEch paper, now there are 75 questions in total, instead of 90.
- In B.Arch paper, the total number of questions will be 77.
- B.Plan Exam comprises of three parts which are Mathematics, Aptitude Test, and Planning Based questions.
- There is no Paper 1 and Paper 2, now they are known with the names JEE Main B.E. / B.Tech, JEE Main B.Arch Paper and JEE Main B.Planning paper.
- Numerical Value Type Questions have been added.
Exam Pattern of B.E./ B.Tech Paper
- Exam Duration – The duration of the exam is 3 Hrs.
- Language – The question papers will be available in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- Mode of Exam – Online Mode
- Total Questions – 75 Questions divided in 3 sections (25 Questions in each section).
- Type of Questions – There will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
- Marks Per Question: +4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: -1 marks for every wrong answer in any section.
- Total Marks: 300
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
Exam Pattern of B.Arch Paper
- Exam Duration – 3 Hrs
- Medium – The medium of the Question Paper will be English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- Mode of Exam –
Mathematics – Computer – Based Test
Aptitude Test – Computer – Based Test
Drawing Test – The drawing test will be conducted in the pen and paper mode.
- Total no. of questions – 77
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice except for the Drawing Test.
- Marks Per Question: For every correct answer, +4 will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: -1 marks for every wrong answer in any section.
- Total Marks: 400
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
Exam Pattern of B.Planning
- Mode: This paper will be a Computer – Based Test.
- Total no. of questions: There will be 100 questions in total.
- Marking Scheme: +4 marks will be awarded for every correct answer. For the incorrect answers, -1 marks will be deducted.
- Distribution of Questions: Candidates can have a look at the distribution of questions and the marks for each section from the table given below:
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|Mathematics – Part 1||25||100|
|Aptitude – Part 2||50||200|
|Planning Based Objective Type – Part 3||25||100|
JEE Main 2020 Shifts
Candidates can check the shifts of JEE Main 2020 for different papers from the information given below:
|Paper||Shift 1||Shift 2|
|B.E/B.Tech||09:30 AM – 12:30 PM||02:30 PM – 5:30 PM|
|B.Arch||09:30 AM – 12:30||02:30 PM – 5:30 PM|
|B.Plan||–||02:30 PM – 5:30 PM|
|B.Arch & B.Planning (both)||2.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m|
JEE Main 2020 Test Centres
The NTA has provided a list of the JEE Main Test Centres that the students can choose from. Candidates willing to appear for the JEE Main 2020 test centres will have to provide 4 preferences from the available list of test centres. The students are informed that once submitted, the students will not be able to change the exam centres. Also, the decision of allotment of the test center shall be completely in the hands of the NTA. The NTA will make sure that the students get the test centers as provided by them. However, in any case otherwise, the students may get a different test centre but in the same city as selected by them.
Check the list of test centres of JEE Main 2020:
|Test Centres||No. of cities|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||1|
|Daman & Diu||2|
|Jammu & Kashmir||4|
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
Once the exam for each session and shift is over, the NTA releases th provisional answer key for the students. Candidates can challenge the provisional answer key if they find any mistake in the answer key. They have to pay Rs 1000 per question. The fee can be paid by Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking / UPI /PAYTM Service. Along with the answer keys, NTA also releases the Question Paper for JEE Main.
After the examination of the challenges, NTA releases the final answer key and on the basis of which JEE Main 2020 Result will be compiled.
JEE Main 2020 Result
Candidates can check JEE Main 2020 result from the official website. In order to view the results, candidates can enter their login credentials. The evaluation of MCQs of B.E./B.Tech , B.Arch and B.Planning will be carried out considering the final answer keys and raw marks of the candidates. For further normalization of scores, raw marks obtained by the candidates in different shifts will be converted to NTA score. It must be noted that the All India Rank shall be available to the students only after the JEE Main exam for both the sessions are over. Students appearing for both the exams will get their AIR on the basis of the better marks in both the sessions.
JEE Main 2020 Cut off
The JEE Main 2020 Cut off will be available once the results are announced. Many factors such as the Number of students attempting the exam, the seat availability and the difficulty level of the JEE Main 2020 exam shall be considered while formulating the Cutoff. Now that the National Testing Agency is conducting the exam, the cut off might be different as compared to the JEE Main cut off for the previous year.
For more information, download JEE Main 2020 Information Brochure.