|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
JEE Main 2018 Paper-2 (B.Arch./B. Planning.)
JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 is a popular entrance exam conducted by CBSE every year in the month of April. The application form for JEE Main 2018 Paper 2 is speculated to be made available on the official website from December. JEE Main Paper 2 2018 Exam is only conducted in offline mode. As per the latest changes introduced by CBSE, applicants should enter their Aadhaar card details issued by UIDAI for filling the application form.
Candidates seeking admissions in undergraduate courses such as B.Arch and B.Planning in esteemed institutions like NIT’s or centrally funded institutes appear for JEE Main Paper 2.
JEE Main 2018 Paper-2 tests the skills of candidates in specified fields.The examination is divided into three major subjects Mathematics, aptitude test and drawing. Candidates can download the detailed syllabus from the official website of CBSE. Students can get complete information about JEE Main Paper 2 2018 such as application form, eligibility, exam dates, exam pattern and syllabus.
JEE Main 2018 Paper- 2 Exam Dates – Tentative
Based on last year dates, here is a list of tentative exam dates of JEE Main 2018. The list incorporates all the important events regarding JEE Main 2018 exams.
|S no.||Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|1.||Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||November 2017|
|2.||Commencement of Online Application Form||1st week of December 2017|
|3.||Closing Date of Online Application Form||1st week of January 2018|
|4.||Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of January 2018|
|5.||Availability of Admit Card||March 2018|
|6.||Examination Date for offline exam(Pen & Paper Based Test)||1st week of April 2018|
|7.||Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of April 2018|
|8.||Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of April 2018|
JEE Main Paper – 2 Application Form 2018
JEE Main Paper- 2 Application Form 2018: Important Details
All the aspirants are advised to read the information brochure that will be available on the official website carefully before filling the online application form of JEE Main 2018. The brochure will inform the candidate’s details about how to apply, application fee & payment mode. A few details regarding JEE Main application form are given below:
- The JEE Main application form would be available only in the online mode.
- No offline copy will be provided to apply for JEE Main.
- Application forms for JEE Main Paper – 2 2018 are expected to be released in the first week of December 2017.
- Aspirants who want to apply for JEE Main 2018 should have an Aadhaar Number.
- In addition to filling personal & academic details, candidates also have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in prescribed specifications.
- Candidates are advised to download the acknowledgement page as the proof of successful submission of application form.
JEE Main Paper- 2 Application Form 2018: Tentative Application Format
The table below consists of a tentative application format that the students can expect for JEE Main Exam Paper -2 2018. The following table would give the students a rough idea of the application form format.
- Aadhaar Authentication
- Examination Details
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Contact Details
- Guardian Details
- Uploading Photograph and Signature
JEE Main 2018 Paper- 2: Eligibility Criteria
Applicants need to understand that fulfilling the eligibility criteria for JEE Main Paper – 2 is vital for candidates appearing for the exam in 2018. A few main eligibility criteria are listed below:
- Age: Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2018 Paper-2 should be born on or after 1 Oct 1993.
- Marks: The candidate must secure at least 75% in class 12 exams or the candidate’s score should be in the top 20 percentile of the respective board.
- Subject: Candidates appearing for JEE Main 2018 Paper-2 should have Mathematics as a subject in their class 12.
- Years of Qualifying Exam: 2016, 2017, appearing in 2018.
JEE Main Paper 2 2018 Syllabus
JEE Paper-2 Syllabus is really crucial for the candidates appearing for the exam in 2018.The questions asked in the exams are from the topics and chapters mentioned in the syllabus. Hence, having the syllabus before hand would really make the preparation procedure for the exams very easy. Hence, candidates should be thorough with the syllabus given to them.
JEE Main 2018 Paper- 2: Exam Details
JEE Main Paper 2 is a pen and paper based examination. The first two parts of the question paper that comprise of maths and aptitude section will contain objective type questions where as the drawing section would be subjective. The examination would be 3 hours long. Further details about the exam are listed below:
|JEE Main Paper-2 Course||B.Arch/B.Planning courses|
|Exam Mode||Offline (PBT)|
|Number of Questions||
|Type of Questions||Maths & Aptitude section will be objective while the drawing section will be subjective|
|Language||English & Hindi|
|Exam Duration||3 hours.|
|Marking Scheme:||+4 marks for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||One mark will be deducted|
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern for Paper 2
There is a set format for the JEE Main Paper – 2 exam. Candidates can start preparing for the examination as per the pattern. The detailed pattern of JEE Main Exam Paper-2 is listed below:
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours|
|Question Paper Details||Mathematics (Part 1)– 30 Objective Type Questions
Aptitude Test (Part II) – 40 Objective Type Questions
Drawing Test (Part III) – 2 Questions testing drawing aptitude of candidate
|Marking Scheme||Part I & Part II
JEE Main Paper-2 2018 Guidelines : Offline Mode
Here are a few guidelines that the candidates appearing for Paper-2 JEE Mains are listed below:
- Candidate are allowed to use black ball-point provided in the exam hall to fill in particulars and to mark their answers.
- Candidates have to carry their own cardboard or a clip board. Nothing should be written on it.
- Candidates appearing in paper 2 have to bring their own geometry box set, pencils, erasers and colour pencils or crayons.
- On completion of the test, candidate must hand over the answer sheet to the Invigilator on duty in the Room/Hall
How to Prepare for JEE Mains
Get some beneficial tips for scoring well in JEE Main examination:
- Make a proper study timetable.
- To score well in examination, students are advised to make their base strong.
- Candidates having a good command over NCERT books can easily score good marks in JEE Main.
- Practice mock tests to know your weak areas.
- Do not take stress and keep yourself healthy.
Books recommended for JEE Main Paper 2
|A complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination||Buy Online|
|Steps to Architecture (NATA) B. Arch Entrance Exam Guide||Buy Online|
|NATA & B.ARCH Question Bank: Entrance Examination||Buy Online|
|A complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch||Buy Online|
|NATA & B. ARCH Complete Self Study Material: Entrance Examination||Buy Online|
|NATA (B.Arch) Guide to Bachelor of Architecture Entrance Examination||Buy Online|
Insofar, details of JEE Main Paper 2 2018 have not been announced. Information given on this page is as per last year brochure and only for reference. As soon as CBSE releases JEE Main 2018 brochure, details will be updated here.