KCET 2020 – Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts KCET for admission in undergraduate engineering, architecture, veterinary, farm science, yoga & naturopathy, and B.Phama, etc courses. All the information related to KCET 2020 is published on the official website, which is cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. Selection of candidates is done on the basis of KCET followed by document verification during the counseling process. Know more details on KCET 2020 and the latest updates from this page.
– Refund link Engineering and Other courses for UGCET 2020 is available now. Click here to get the link.
– KEA has released the Engineering Reconcile Report 2020. Click here to check it.
– UGCET 2020 Second-year B.Pharm (Lateral Entry) Casual vacancy round schedule has been released. Click here to check it.
– Reconciliation for release of tuition fees Engineering /Architecture/ Diploma lateral Entry and Diploma (evening) College 2020. Click here to check the notice.
– UGCET-2020 Casual Round Final Seat Allotment has released. Click here to download the Admission Order.
– UGCET 2020 Casual Vacancy Round Final Seat Allotment Result has been released. Click here to check it.
– UGCET 2020 Engineering and Architecture Course Casual Vacancy Round Option Entry has been open. Click here to check it.
– UG CET 2020 Final Vacancy Round and instructions for Cancellation of a Seat has been released. Click here to check it.
– KEA has released UGCET 2020 Government circulation for All Engineering Colleges. Click here to check it.
– KEA has extended the 2nd round fees payment and admission dates. Click here to check it.
– Karnataka Government has released the notice for UG courses admission through UGCET. Click here to check it.
– UG CET 2020 Second extended round choice entry and Admission order has been released. Click here to check the details.
– UGCET 2020 2nd extended round seat allotment results has been released now. Click here to check it.
– KEA has released the notice to all colleges in the state to admit the students without insisting upon them to pay any additional amount. Click here to check the details.
– KEA has released the notice to all Engineering college in the state to admit the students without insisting upon them to pay any additional amount. Click here to check it.
– KEA has released the circular to all colleges in the state to admit the students without insisting upon them to pay any additional amount. Click here to check it.
– UGCET 2020 2nd round seat allotment Payment of Fees is extended up to December 21, 2020.
– KEA has released the document updation notice for Supplementary Candidates. Click here to check it.
– KEA has a revised schedule for 2nd round counseling. Click here to check it.
– UGCET 2020 Second round seat allotment Procedure Choice Before a candidate has been released. Click here to check it.
– UGCET 2020 Second Round Option Entry for Engineering and Other Courses has been available now. Click here to login.
New this year in KCET 2020: This year, after the declaration of the result and publication of merit list, verification of documents shall be carried out in districts helpline centres of KCET 2020. Also, 5% of the seats in each college and in each course shall be reserved as Supernumerary Quota (SNQ) in all engineering colleges. The important dates of KCET 2020 are as follows:
|KCET 2020||Important Dates|
|Application form release date||05 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit KCET form|
|Facility to submit form available again from|
08 to 18 May 2020
|Application fee can paid until|
|Form correction facility starts from|
26 – 29 Jun 2020
|Change Exam Center||26 – 29 Jun 2020|
|Date of release of admit card|
17 Jul 2020
|Last Date to download Admit Card||28 Jul 2020|
|Exam date for KCET 2020|
30, 31 Jul and 01 Aug 2020
|Marks entry for CBSE/ICSE students||up to 14 Aug 2020|
|Date of Kannada Language Test|
To be announced
|Verification of Documents for Agriculturist quota at the respective|
Practical Test Centres
29 Aug 2020
|Date of Practical Examination for UG course applicants for Agriculture /|
Horticulture / Veterinary Universities under “Agriculturist Quota”
To be announced
|Release of answer key|
|Objection against answer key|
4 Aug to 8 Aug 2020
|Date for announcement of result|
21 Aug 2020
|Counseling Dates||Check here|
- Click here to check KCET 2020 Notice for Bell Timing Schedule for August 08, 2020
- Click here to check KCET 2020 Notice for Time Table and Bell Timing Schedule for July 30 and 31, 2020.
KCET 2020 Document Verification Slip
Candidates can download the document verification slip for admission through KCET 2020. To download the document verification slip, candidates have to enter the user name and password. The direct link to download the same is provided below.
Document Verification Slip: Click here to download the Document Verification Slip for admission through KCET 2020.
KCET 2020 Eligible and Not Eligible Candidates List
The eligible and not eligible candidates list has been released, you can check below –
Not Eligible Candidate List
- Click here to download the not eligible candidate’s list.
Eligible Candidate List
- Click here to download the eligible candidate’s final list.
- Click here to download the eligible candidate’s list for Special Category- Anglo Indian
- Click here to download the eligible candidate’s list for Special Category- EX-CAPF
- Click here to download the eligible candidate’s list for Special Category-CAPF
- Click here to download the eligible candidate’s list for Special Category – EX Defence
- Click here to download the eligible candidate’s list for Special Category – Defence
- Click here to download the eligible candidate’s list for Special Category-NCC
KCET 2020 Application Form Notice for Architecture Course
- Click here to check the notice.
KCET 2020 Extended Schedule for Documents Submission of Agriculturist Quota
KCET 2020 Latest Notice for Submission of Documents
Click here to download the Notice
KCET 2020 Schedule for Documents Submission of Special Category
- Click here to download the above notice.
KCET 2020 Postponement Notice for Uploading Documents for UGCET
Click here to check the above Notice.
KCET 2020 Extension Notice of Upload Document for Agriculturist Quota
Earlier Notice –
KCET 2020 Upload Document for Agriculturist Quota
In view of COVID-19 pandemic situation, no physical verification of documents will be conducted during the current academic year. Candidates can online verification of the document submitted by each candidates will be made available.
- Click here to check the Eligible Candidates for Agriculturist Quota.
- Click here to check the Not Eligible Candidates for Agriculturist Quota.
- Click here to Online document uploading for Agriculturist quota.
KCET 2020 Marks Uploading
All the student who have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC/ 12th Standard before 2020 and those who have appeared for 12th standard examination (such as CBSE, CISCE, 10+2 from other boards, including J&K should enter their details before August 14, 2020. Candidate can upload marks with the help of the link provided below.
- Click here to download the extended notice for uploading marks for CBSE/CISCE Students.
- Click here to Upload Marks.
- Click here to check KCET 2020 Press Note for Marks Entry of CBSE and ICSE Students.
KCET 2020 Answer Key
KEA has released the answer key for KCET 2020 on the official website. However, on the exam day, various coaching institutes and teachers also release the unofficial answer key. Candidates can also raise objections against the KCET 2020 answer key. They need to address subject, version code, question number in the objections clearly. Candidates should also submit their objections along with proof / evidence. These are to be addressed to.
- Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority, Bangalore.
The objections are to be send via speed post. Candidates can also submit it through e-mail at email@example.com.
How to estimate marks with the help of KCET 2020 answer key?
- Add 1 mark for correct answer.
- There is no negative marking
KCET 2020 Result
The result of KCET 2020 is announced online, on the official website. Candidates can check it by entering registration number. In the result of KCET 2020, following details are mentioned:
- Rank in KCET
- Qualifying exam marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology.
- KCET 2020 Marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology.
- CET marks in Kannada language test (if applicable).
How is KCET 2020 Rank Determined?
For each subject, the rank in KCET is determined separately. Candidates can check the criteria for determining rank below.
|Course||Criteria for KCET Rank||Remark|
|B.Tech / B.E||KCET PCM marks + QE PCM marks||In equal proportion|
B.Tech (Agril. Engg)
B.Tech (Food Technology)
B.Tech (Dairy Technology)
|KCET PCMB marks + QE PCMB marks||In equal proportion|
|B.Arch||NATA / JEE Main B.Arch Paper||Via whichever candidate apply|
|B.Sc.||KCET PCMB marks + QE PCMB marks||In equal proportion|
|B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)||KCET PCMB marks + QE PCMB marks||In equal proportion|
|B.V. Sc. & A.H||KCET PCB marks||–|
|B-Pharm||KCET PCB / KCET PCM marks||Whichever is higher|
|2nd Year B. Pharm||KCET PCB / KCET PCM marks||Whichever is higher|
|Pharm-D||KCET PCB / KCET PCM marks||Whichever is higher|
|Naturopathy & Yoga||KCET PCB marks + QE PCB marks||In equal proportion|
KCET 2020 Admit Card
KEA releases KCET 2020 admit card in the online mode for all the registered candidates. To download the admit card candidates have to use their application number and date of birth. On the admit card candidates can check:
- Reporting time at the center
- Allotted exam center
- And other details
On the exam day, the admit card must be carried in printed format and with it ID card and black / blue ballpoint pen must be taken. No candidates shall be allowed to enter the exam center without the hard copy of KCET 2020 hall ticket. It is important to preserve the admit card until the final admission is done because it needed during counselling and seat allotment.
For COVID-19: Students are requested to carry their own masks and hand sanitizers and maintain social distancing at the center. Do not gather in crowds. Also, follows all instruction at the center as given by the authorities as safety protocols.
KCET 2020 Exam Date and Scheduled
The schedule and exam date for KCET 2020 has been announced through an official notice. It details schedule of KCET 2020 is as follows:
|Biology||10:30 am to 11:50 am||30 Jul 2020|
|Maths||2:30 pm to 3:50 pm||30 Jul 2020|
|Physics||10:30 am to 11:50 am||31 Jul 2020|
|Chemistry||2:30 pm to 3:50 pm||31 Jul 2020|
|Kannada Language Test||11:30 am to 12:30 pm||01 Aug 2020|
Note: Kannada language test is only held in Bangalore center for Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates.
KCET 2020 Exam Instructions
Here are some of the important exam instructions which the candidates should know in before appearing for the exam. These are as follows:
- Reach exam hall as per the reporting time mentioned in the hall ticket.
- During every exam slot, initial 10 minutes are given to the candidates for shading name, CET number, serial number, version code, etc in the question booklet and the OMR sheet.
- While shading the answers, the candidates need to make sure that they shade the entire circle completely.
- Candidates must affix their left hand thumb impression at the bottom of the OMR sheet.
Important Books for KCET 2020 Preparation
|Name of the Book||Link to Buy|
|16 Year’s Solved Papers Karnataka CET Engineering Entrance Paperback – 2017||Click Here|
|Karnataka CET Explorer – Engineering Paperback – 8 Dec 2017||Click Here|
|Objective Biology – Chapter-wise MCQ for AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition||Click Here|
|Objective Physics – Chapter-wise MCQ for|
JEE Main/ BITSAT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition Paperback – 2015
|Objective Chemistry – Chapter-wise MCQ for|
JEE Main/ BITSAT/ AIPMT/ AIIMS/ KCET 2nd Edition Paperback – 1 Jan 2015
KCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus of KCET consist of PUC I and PCU II syllabus. Candidates need to study all the topics that are taught in these two classes, in physics, chemistry, and mathematics / biology subjects. Check complete KCET syllabus here. However, the list of important topics is as follows:
|Sets||Physical world||Basic concepts of chemistry||Diversity in the living world|
|Relations and functions||Electric charges and fields||p-block elements||Cell structure and function|
|Trigonometric Functions||Units and Measurement||s-block elements||Reproduction|
|Algebra||Current electricity||Biomolecules and polymers||Genetics and evolution|
|Calculus||Laws of motion||Surface chemistry||Plant physiology|
|Statistics||Gravitation||Chemistry in everyday life||Biology in human welfare|
|Vectors and 3-D geometry||Alternating current||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||Human physiology|
|Linear programming||Wave optics||Redox reactions||Biotechnology and ecology|
|Probability||Atoms and nuclei||Hydrocarbons||–|
|Co-ordinate geometry||Oscillations and waves||Organic Chemistry||–|
KCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Below is the exam pattern of KCET2020:
- Mode of the exam: KCET 2020 is an offline exam in which candidates have to mark answers in OMR sheet.
- Papers in the exam: Candidates can appear for PCM or PCB papers, depending on the selected subject choice.
- Types of questions: All the questions in KCET are of multiple choice type.
- Marking scheme: Each question is of 1 marks and the exam has no negative marking.
- Total marks in the exam: The maximum marks in the exam is 180 marks.
- Total number of questions: The entire paper has 180 questions and the distribution of the questions are given below:
|Subject||No of Qs||Marks|
KCET 2020 Kannada Language Test Details
All those candidates have to appear for KCET Kannada language test who seek clam eligibility for Govt. seats under Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga and their main language is Kannada, Kodava, or Tulu. The test is held to confirm the candidate’s ability to speak, write, and read Kannada.
- The test is of total 50 marks.
- The test is only held in Bangalore center.
- Do carry relevant photocopy of the original documents of the parents, marks care, certificates, KCET admit card, etc.
KCET Cut Off for Kannada Language Test – Candidates must score 12 out of 50 marks to qualify the exam.
KCET 2020 Counselling
After KCET result is declared, the qualifiers in the test are eligible to participate in KCET 2020 counselling. Firstly, the eligible candidates need to appear for document verification as per the schedule only after which they are issued a verification slip and they can enter the options for preference of course / college, etc. Based on the candidates merit, choice(s) submitted and availability of seats are then allotted a seat. Such candidates have to then appear at the allotted institute for completion of other admission formalities.
KCET 2020 counselling process includes the following process:
- Online registration
- Document verification
- Choice filling
- Seat allotment
- Issuance of admission order
Courses Offered via KCET 2020
Every year, around 2 lakh candidates appear for KCET. The exam is held once a year, for PUC II qualifying candidates. The exam is only held for undergraduate admission, in following courses:
- Engineering – B.Tech / B.E.
- UG Architecture – B.Arch.
- Farm Science – B.Sc (Hons) in Agriculture / Sericulture / Horticulture / Forestry / Community Science / Ag.Maco and B.Tech in Biotechnology / Agril.Engg / Food Technology / Dairy Technology / B.F.Sc.(Fisheries).
- Veterinary – B.V.Sc. & A.H.
- Pharma – B-Pharm / 2ndYear B. Pharm / Pharm-D.
- Naturopathy & Yoga
B.Arch Admission – The UG architecture admission in the state is done on the basis of NATA or JEE Main Paper B.Arch / B.Plan score. However, the candidates need to apply. Only those candidates can apply for it, who have secured more than 50% marks in 10+2 PCM subjects and the aggregate is also above 50%.
MBBS Admission – UG medical admission in Karnataka is done on the basis of NEET score.
KCET 2020 New Exam Centers
Due to COVID-19 outbreak, the inter and intra state movement is very less. Hence, KEA has decided to establish more centers in 75 districts. The list of these is as follows, candidates should check it and then edit the most suitable center in the application form of KCET 2020.
|Bangalore Rural||Hoskote, Nelmangala|
|Bagalkot||Mudhol, Badami, Hungund|
|Belagavi (Belgaum)||Bailahongal, Hukkeri, Khanapur, Ramdurg, Raybag, Saundatti|
|Ballari (Bellary)||Kudligi, Sanduru, Siruguppa|
|Vijayapura (Bijaypur)||Indi, Muddebihal, Sindagi|
|Chickaballapur||Bagepalli, Chintamani, Gauribidanur, Sidlaghatta|
|Chitradurga||Challakere, Hiriyur, Holalkere, Hosadurga|
|Mangaluru (Mangalore)||Bantwal, Belthangadi, Sullia|
|Davangere||Harihar, Channagiri, Harpanahalli, Honnali|
|Kalaburgi (Gulbarga)||Aland, Chitapur|
|Hassan||Arasikere, Channarayapattana, Arkalgud|
|Kolar||Bangarpet, Malur, Mulbagal, Srinivasapur|
|Mandya||Maddur, Nagamangala, Pandavapura|
|Mysuru (Mysore)||Hunsur, Krishnarajanagar, Nanjanagud, Heggadadevanakote, Periyapatna, T Narasipur|
|Shivamogga (Shimoga)||Shikaripura, Thirthahalli|
|Tumakuru (Tumkur)||Kunigal, Koratagere, Pavagada, Turuvekere|
|Karwar||Bhatkal, Ankola, Haliyal, Honavar|
- Click here to download the Notice
KCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria of KCET exam. It is as given below:
Nationality – The applying candidate should be a citizen of India. However, OCI / PIO / NRI / FNC candidates are also eligible to apply.
Age limit – There is no age limit for the candidates to apply for KCET, except for B.Pharma, Pharma-d and Naturopathy & Yoga courses. For admission in these courses, candidates must have completed the age of 17 as on December 31, 2020.
- Candidates must have passed 2nd PUC / 12th std / equivalent exam.
- Those who are appearing in 2nd PUC / 12th Standard in 2020 whose result is awaited can also apply and appear for KCET 2020.
- Students who have passed Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12th standard before 2020 and those who are appearing in the year 2020 for Class 12th exam such as CBSE, CISCE, 10+2, from other boards, including J & K need to enter the marks details through online or must send a photocopy of their marks card by mentioning their CET Number to KEA.
- Likewise, repeater students of Karnataka 2nd PU also must submit their photocopy of the marks card on or before May 10, 2020.
- In the minimum qualifying marks, there is a 5% relaxation for ST, Cat-1, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B category candidates and a person with disability of mental retardation or mental illness (including Dyslexia)).
Candidates can check the subject combination and minimum qualifying marks required for each course from the table below.
|Name of the course||Subjects in 12th std||Minimum qualifying marks|
|B.Arch||PCM||50% marks in PCM and 50% in aggregate.|
|B.E / B.Tech||Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Bio- Technology / Biology / Electronics / Computer with English as one of the languages||45% marks in aggregate in all subjects|
|Farm Science courses||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology as optional subjects.||—|
|B.V.Sc. & A.H.||Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English||50% marks in all subjects|
|B-Pharma||PCB or PCM||50% marks in all subjects|
|2nd Year B. Pharma||Diploma in Pharmacy Examination from an institution approved by the Pharmacy Council of India||45% marks.|
|Pharma-D||PCB or PCM or Diploma in Pharmacy Examination||—|
|Naturopathy & Yoga||Physics, Chemistry and Biology as optional subjects and English as one of the languages of study||50% marks in PCB|
KCET 2020 Application Form Correction
KEA provided facility for KCET application form correction. Through it, candidates were able to edit and correct details in the application form of KCET 2020. The facility was available online, at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. It was only open for the registered candidates, who needed user id and password to access it.
The correction window for KCET 2020 is open at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. Only the registered candidates can access the KCET 2020 edit window and change details in the application form. Before changing the details, the candidates must verify the details, esp the category reservation.
The official notice for KCET 2020 application form correction is as follows:
Second KCET 2020 Application Form Correction Window
The editing in application form correction is open again. The correction window is open online at kea.kar.nic.in. Candidates can access it from the link below. The last date for the submit the correction in application form has been extended up to May 31, 2020. To edit the form, candidates need to access KCET login by entering user id, password, and security code.
- Click here to download the notice regarding the KCET 2020 Application Form Correction.
- Click here to access KCET 2020 application form correction window and edit details.
How to Fill KCET 2020 Application Form?
The application form for KCET were available online, on the website. Candidates could only submit it for a limited period of time. However, KEA opened the facility to apply once again. The process to submit the form was as follows:
First of all, candidates had to select.
- Student Citizenship – Indian / OCI / PIO / NRI / FNC.
- Are you appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2020 (Science)? – Yes or No
- If yes, enter the 13 digits “Student No” assigned by PUE Department.
After this, candidates had to fill details in the application form of KCET, upload images, and pay application fee.
The amount of KCET application fee is as follows:
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B (within karnataka)||Rs. 500|
|SC, ST, CAT-1 (Karnataka)||Rs. 250|
|All female candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250|
|General merit outside Karnataka||Rs. 750|
|General merit outside India||Rs. 5000|
Mode of payment: Candidates need to pay the application fee either of the following modes:
- Net banking by NEFT / RTGS / IMPS through ICICI bank, Yes bank, Indian bank.
KCET 2020 Notice for Change Exam Center and Application Form Correction
KEA has announced the final chance to change the exam center and edit the application form during June 26 – 29, 2020. Check the official notice image is given below.
- Click here to download the above notice
|Exam Conduction Notice||Click Here|
|User manual for KCET 2020 online application||Click Here|
|Guide on How to Fill Application Form||Click Here|
|Sample Application form (Blank)||Click Here|
|Sample Application form (Filled)||Click Here|
|Eligibility Clauses||Click Here|
|Schedule for submission of Special Category Certificates||Click Here|
For more information on KCET 2020, download Information brochure here.
Official website: cetonline.karnataka.gov.in
Candidates can contact KEA regarding KCET 2020 queries at the below mentioned e-mail and number
Helpline number: 080 – 23 460 460 (5 Lines) (From 10.00 am to 6.00 pm)
KCET 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : KCET, an abbreviation for Karnataka Common Entrance Test is conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA).
Ans : KEA official website is cetonline.karnataka.gov.in Candidates have to fill the application form, download the admit card, check the result from the official website. From important dates of KCET to exam centers and from the application form to result, each and everything will be updated on the official website of KCET.
Ans : KCET 2020 is conducted for admission to the courses like B.sc. (Agriculture), B.sc. (Sericulture), B.sc (Horticultue), B.sc (Forestry), B.sc. Agri Bio Tech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc.(Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science & Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri.Marketing & Co-Op), B-Pharma, Pharma-D Courses.
Ans : KCET is conducted offline (pen and paper mode).
Ans : Candidate must be a citizen of India to be eligible to apply for KCET. Also, he/she must have passed 10 + 2 grade. In detail eligibility for the same is explained above on this page.
Ans : Approximately, 1,98,639 candidates appear for KCET every year.
Ans : KCET question paper cover questions from Biology, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
Ans : Candidate is given 1 mark for every correct answer and there is no deduction of marks for the wrong answer i.e there is no negative marking. Hence, candidates are suggested to attempt each and every question asked in the exam.
Ans : Candidate need to write NEET for taking admission in medical and dental colleges of Karnataka.
Ans : You can only apply online on the official website of KCET
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.