KCET 2020 Result – KEA declares KCET result online at the official website, cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. A direct link to check the result can also be accessed from this page. Registration number is needed to check KCET result 2020. After the result is declared, a merit list is prepared and published for all courses separately. Candidates whose name is included in the merit list are then eligible to participate in KCET counselling. From this page, you can get more information on KCET 2020 result like cut off marks, how to check KCET result, merit list preparation, etc.
KCET 2020 Result
The result for KCET 2020 is released in the form of scorecard which is to be downloaded by online mode only. No hard copy of the scorecard is sent to the candidates via post or by email. Check the schedule for KCET 2020 result from the table below.
|KCET 2020 Result||Dates|
|KCET 2020 exam date||22, 23 Apr 2020|
|Date of Kannada language test||24 Apr 2020|
|Declaration of Result||03rd week of May 2020|
|Start date of counselling||June 2020|
Check here: Candidates can check KCET 2020 result as per the schedule at cetonline.karnataka.gov.in
How is KCET 2020 Result Calculated?
The result for KCET 2020 is calculated based on the option marked in the final answer key. The addition and deduction of the marks is done as per the marking scheme which is as follows:
- For a correct answer, you will get 01 marks.
- No marks are deducted for an incorrect answer, as there is no negative marking.
Formula to calculate KCET score
KCET 2020 score = Total number of correct answers
KCET 2020 Merit List
Based on the candidate’s performance in KCET / NATA and the qualifying exam, as the case may be, KEA publishes a merit / rank list. It is published online at kea.kar.nic.in. Eligible candidates in the merit list are then considered for allotment of seats in the order of their merit / rank and options submitted by them at the time of choice filling.
Preparation of KCET Merit List
The rank and the merit of the candidates is calculated on the basis of the following criteria of each courses as given below:
- Engineering / Technology (B.E. / B.Tech) – On the basis of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in KCET 2020 + Qualifying Exam
- B.V.Sc & A.H. – Rank is allotted on the basis of the marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology Marks in KCET 2020
- B.Sc (all program) and B.F.Sc (Bachelor of Fisheries Science) – On the basis of the Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology subjects marks in equal proportion in both Common Entrance Test and the Qualifying Examination
- B-Pharm / Pharm-D / B-Pharm (L.E) – On the basis of the overall better performance in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (PCB) or Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) in KCET 2020
KCET 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
In case of two or more candidates have the same marks in subjects then the rank and merit is decided by applying the following methods:
Engineering / Technology courses
- In case of Engineering / Technology courses, their merit is determined using marks obtained in Maths.
- If the marks in Maths subject are also equal then their tie is resolved using marks obtained in Physics.
- If there is still a tie, then marks obtained in the respective subjects in the QE is considered.
- Lastly to resolve the tie, interse merit is determined by considering the age of the candidate. Those who are older in age are placed higher in the merit.
- The interse merit is determined with reference to the marks obtained in NATA,
- If the marks obtained in NATA is equal then the marks obtained in Maths subject in QE is considered for resolving the tie.
- If the tie still persists, the age of the candidate shall be taken into consideration for determining the merit.
How to Check KCET 2020 Result?
Candidates can check the result for KCET exam by following the mentioned below steps:
Step 1: Click on the direct link on this page to check KCET result.
Step 2: Then enter your registration number (CET no.) generated at the time of filling KCET online form.
Step 3: After that, submit the reg no and scorecard will appear on your screen. Check the score and rank.
Step 4: Take the screenshot of the result for future references.
What to do If not satisfied with KCET Result 2020?
In case of any discrepancies or issues in the result sheet, candidates can Q. E. marks, version code, NEET / NATA scores, etc. (except CET Marks) candidates can submit the objections with the three days after the declaration of result.
Details Mentioned on KCET 2020 Scorecard
Candidates can check the mentioned below details on the scorecard of the KCET 2020 from the table below:
- Name of candidates
- CET Number
- QE marks in all subjects
- CET marks in all subjects
- Engineering Rank
- BNYs rank
- NATA rank for Architecture (if applied)
- Veterinary Science rank
- B.Sc Agriculture rank
Sample of KCET Result –
What is G 55 in KCET Scorecard?
Due to some reason as mentioned below, a candidate may not be allotted a rank.
- To get QE marks, KEA may not issue rank to the candidates.
- Version code might have been marked incorrectly.
- Change in QE marks due to revaluation or otherwise.
In KCET 2020 exam, candidates are allotted a rank with the help of the computer programme. However, in case candidates fall within the above said categories, KEA computers, without disturbing the rank numbers assign fresh or new rank numbers to such candidates. This is done in such a way to ensure that the rank numbers assigned to the candidates whose results were declared earlier is not disturbed. Hence, in such a case, you are assigned a rank of G 55, G 66, and so on.
KCET 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of result, KEA will released the list of the shorlished candidates for the document verification process. Candidates will have to appear for the documents verification process at the Helpline Service native centre in the district. Candidates who will qualify the verification process, can be considered for entry of options for allotment of seats. Qualified candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the choices of peferences and rank in the merit list.
About KCET 2020
KCET is a state-level entrance exam, conducted for admission into UG courses in the fields of Engineering, Dental, Medical, Pharmacy, and Farm Science. It is conducted in pen paper-based mode. It is consist of 4 sections physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology of total 60 marks (each section). Candidates who have completed 10+2 in respective field can fill the online application form. Through score of KCET admission in Government, University Private Aided and Un-Aided Professional Institutions in Karnataka will be granted.
The Government of Karnataka has established the common Entrance Test Cell (CET Cell) in 1994 to conduct the entrance exam for admission into colleges of Karnataka. Later in 2006, it is converted into an autonomous body, which now known as Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA). it is governed by the Governing Council Minister of Higher Education, GOK to regulate the entrance examination and admission into colleges in state of Karnataka.
KCET 2020 Result Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : To check the result, the candidate has to login using the application number and password/date of birth on the official website.
Ans : For engineering, 45% of the total marks is the minimum for general category and 40% for SC/ST/OBC.
Ans : No, there is no negative marking in KCET 2020.
Ans : KCET 2020 result is released in the form of a scorecard in which the section-wise score of a candidate is mentioned. After the result is released, the merit list is prepared in which the name of the qualifiers is mentioned
Ans : Approximately, 1,98,639 candidates appear for KCET. There is a high possibility that 2 or more than 2 candidates end up scoring the same marks. In order to calculate the merit in such a case, KEA uses a tie-breaking methodology.
Ans : No, the exam conducting body does not accept the request for re-evaluation of KCET Result as valuation and the subsequent scoring is done error-free.
Ans : Candidates who qualify the result are called for counseling and seat allocation.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.