KEA has released KCET 2018 Application Form. The KCET Application Form was available online, at kea.kar.nic.in, but the candidates can also access it from this page. Eligible Karnataka candidates could apply again until March 22, 2018, in order to appear in Karnataka Common Entrance Test. To apply, the candidates need to fill details, upload images, and pay the required application fee. Aadhaar Card is also required to apply this year. The exam is being conducted for admission to government share of seats in UG engineering, technology, pharmacy, farm science programs. KCET 2018 application form fee, steps to apply, eligibility, dates are all available here.
KCET 2018 Application Form
Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) invites KCET 2018 application form for Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2018. Date of availability of form and last date to apply are given in the table below. Note them so that you do not miss the deadline.
|Commencement of online application form submission||01 Feb 2018 (11:00 AM)|
|Last date to apply|
|Last date to pay application fee in bank||
(by closing of banking hours)
|Opportunity to register again||15 to 22 Mar 2018, 5.30 PM|
|Editing of Application Form||27 to 31 Mar 2018|
|Registration of Architecture candidates||11 to 13 Jun 2018|
Avoid last minute rush. Apply soon, and definitely before the last date.
Apply Online: Process over..!!
- Instructions for editing the application form
- Notification in English
- Notification in Kannada
- How to apply
KCET 2018 Application Form: Fee
With each application, a candidate must pay applicable fee amount. KCET 2018 application fee is as follows.
|General / OBC candidates of Karnataka origin||Rs. 650|
|Karnataka SC / ST Category 1 candidates||Rs. 500|
|Candidates residing outside Karnataka||Rs. 750|
|Candidates residing outside India||Rs. 5000|
Before you proceed to apply, you should know which are the courses that are on offer through KCET 2018. They are:
- Engineering and technology (BE/B.Tech)
- Farm science (B.Sc Hons Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry; B.Sc Agri Bio Tech; BHSc Home Science; B.Tech Agri Engg, Food Technology, Dairy Tech, Fisheries, Food Science and Tech; B.Sc Hons Agri Marketing and Co-Op)
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (BVSc & AH)
- B Pharma
- 2nd year B.Pharma
- Pharma D
Eligibility criteria for KCET 2018
Things you need before you fill KCET 2018 application form
Now that you have made up your mind to appear in KCET 2018, you need to apply. While filling the form you will see that you have to enter several details in it. Each entry is crucial. Each entry should be correct.
So to ensure that you have everything in order even before you start to apply, here is a list of things you need before you fill KCET application form.
Documents you need to upload
- Left hand thumb impression
Have one scanned copy of each of the above documents. Make sure that they are as per specifications of the application form.
Documents you need for reference
- Class 10 mark sheet
- Class 12 mark sheet / certificate (if you have already passed)
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate
Last year many students faced problems during counselling because their income and caste did not match the respective certificates. So we advise you to check them once before filling in the application form.
KCET 2018 application form: How to apply
There is no pen and paper form. You need to apply online only. Do not worry, KCET application form in online mode is a user friendly one.
Suggestion: Download blank application form – from here. This is a sample application form by KEA for KCET applicants. You can refer to this first, then gather all the data you need. Then you can apply so that you do not face any problem while applying.
Here are the steps to apply for KCET 2018.
Phase 1 of KCET 2018 application form
Step 2 – Now you click on “New user? Click here to register”. You will have to enter the following “Student Details”.
- Whether the Student is a Citizen of India?
- Are you appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2018 (Science)?
- If yes, enter the 13 digit “Student No” assigned by PUE Department:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Contact mobile number
- Email ID
- User ID
- Secret question
- Answer of security question
- Adhaar number
- Security code
KCET 2018 application ID and password
When you submit these details, you get application ID and password. They are displayed on the screen. You also get them via SMS and email. Note them carefully.
Step 3 – Login using application ID and password.
Step 4 – Now you get to the first page of the online form. First, you need to fill details under heading “Student information”.
Student Information: These will be auto filled.
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Mother tongue as per school / college record
- Email ID
Candidate’s Postal Address for Communication:
- Pin code
- Phone Number
- Aadhaar Number (This will be auto filled)
Details of Appearing Previous CET Process:
- Have you Appeared for Previous CET Exam?*
- CET Number
- Have you obtained any seat in CET and taken Admission to college?
Step 5 – Once you enter above details, you finish one segment of form. Please save and proceed.
Step 6 – Next you will enter “Reservation and Exam Details”. They are
- Disciplines interested Courses
- Mother Tongue
- Native state of Father
- Annual Income of the family from all sources in Rupees
- Select Reservation Category
- Name of the Caste
- Enter Caste/Category/Income Certificate (No..start with RD )
- Select Eligibility Clause Code
- To Know Your Eligibility Clause
- Select the place to appear for CET-2018
- Qualifying Examination
- Mention the University / Board Name
- Equivalent list of 10+2 for admission to B.E/B.Arch. courses as per VTU University
- If Karnataka CBSE / CISCE Please Choose School Name
- PUC Student Number
- Total number of completed years of study in Karnataka (From 1st to 12th Std.)
- Have you studied in Rural area of Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard?
- Have you studied in Kannada Medium from 1st to 10th standard?
- Are you eligible to claim reservation under Article 371(j) Hyderabad Karnataka?
- Have you studied SSLC/10th standard in Karnataka?
- Candidate S S L C/ 10th standard Register Number
- State where appeared for 2nd PUC/12th/Equivalent exam
- District where you have appeared for 2nd PUC/12th/Equivalent exam (If Karnataka)
- Native State
- Native District (If Karnataka)
- Are you a Son/Daughter of Jammu & Kashmiri Migrant?
- Special Category
- Are you eligible to claim reservation under agriculturist quota?
- Select Agriculture Practical Exam Centre
- Complete Name & Address of the School / College with Telephone Number
- Classes Studied
- Year of Study From
- Year of Study To
- Year of Passing
Again hit “save and next”.
Step 7 – Next, the candidates need to sign the “Declaration”. Form filling’s data entry part is over now. Now you will upload images. Here you will upload photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression.
Step 8 – Now you come to payment part.
How to pay KCET 2018 application fee?
When you reach this section, you will see a challan in triplicate on screen. There is one bank copy, one candidate copy, and one KEA copy. Download and print it. Challan has key information like name, CET number, college / course allotted details, fee to be paid, bank account number.
Go to nearest bank and pay fee amount. Bank will keep bank’s copy of challan and give you other two.
There may also be option to pay fee using net banking.
Pay fee and submit form online.
Step 4 – After you have submitted form, now download and print it on a plain white A4 sheet of paper. affix your recent passport photograph, signature, left thumb impression on space provided. Then you will take it to Principal of college where you studied 2nd PU or 12th class from, and get principal’s seal and signature. You will have to present this form during counselling and document verification along with KEA challan copy.
KCET 2018 Application Form Sample Copy
Every year many candidates make mistakes while filling application form. To avoid such a situation, KEA will release a sample copy of KCET application form. It will contain sample filled in details against each question.
By looking at sample copy, candidates can get an idea of what to fill in form. Keep in mind though that details should be of applicant, sample form is only for reference.
KCET 2018 Application Form FAQs
Submitting KCET application form is the first step towards getting admission in Karnataka. So it is a very important step. In this process, many students have many questions. The most common questions and their answers are given here. If the answer to your question is not here, feel free to ask in comments below.
How to pay fee in bank after downloading challan?
There are three copies in the challan (candidate copy, bank copy, KEA copy). Take all of them, and fee amount in cash, to your nearest bank. Then go to bank counter for challan payments. There you will submit cash amount and give the person at the counter the three copies. He/she will take the cash amount, make entries in system, and sign / stamp in all copies. Then he/she will keep the bank copy of challan and give you candidate copy, and KEA copy. You must keep both the copies safely.
I have done payment in bank but not downloaded or printed KCET 2018 application form. What should I do?
You can login with KCET 2018 application ID and password. Then print form. It is important for you to do so as the attested copy (by principal) is compulsory for admission.
Are other state candidates eligible for KCET 2018?
Eligibility criteria of KCET 2018 is a very extensive topic. It has been covered separately. You can check complete details of KCET 2018 eligibility criteria here.