KCET Application Form 2017 can be submitted between 4 pm on 27 Jan 2017 and 4 pm on
27 Feb 2017 08 Mar 2017. KEA issued online application form for KCET 2017 at kea.kar.nic.in as they said they would in notification. It is most important for candidates to fill correct details in KCET Application Form 2017 and submit it with fees; if they want to appear in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test. Date of exam is 2-3 May 2017. A large number of candidates are applying by submitting KCET Application Form 2017 for the purpose of first year degree courses admission. Fee amount varies from Rs 500 to Rs 750 for candidates in India. All you need to know about KCET Application Form 2017 is right here on this page.
KCET Application Form 2017
First of all, read eligibility criteria. If you are eligible for Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2017 then proceed to fill KCET Application Form 2017. We suggest to keep relevant details near at hand in order to enter data in KCET Application Form 2017.
Candidates can start applying for KCET 2017 for admission to various courses through the link provided and from the dates indicated below in the schedule table.
For Online Submission of Qualifying Marks – Click Here
Application Fee for KCET 2017 Application Form
KCET 2017 online application form fee details is provided below.
|General and OBC||Rs 650|
|SC and ST||Rs 500|
|Residing outside Karnataka||Rs 750|
|Residing outside India||Rs 5000|
Dates for KCET Application Form 2017
|Important event related to KCET Application Form||Dates|
|Availability of application form of KCET 2017||27 Jan 2017|
|Last Date to Enter Application form Online|
|KCET 2017 Biology and Mathematics Exams||2 May 2017|
|KCET 2017 Physics and Chemistry Exams||3 May 2017|
|Last Date to Pay fee in the banks/e-Post Office|
|Edit option of Online Application||From 08 May 2017 upto 5:00pm on 15 May 2017|
5 Things You Need for KCET 2017 Application Form
In order to register for Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2017, you are required to enter a valid email ID. Hence, if you do not already have one, please create an email ID.
Like most exams, for KCET 2017 application form also you will attach / upload photograph. Go to a professional studio near your home or school and get a good quality passport size photograph. Adhere to specifications given by KEA.
Size of the photo image must be greater than 5 kb and less than 40 kb and dimension of photo image should be 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm only .
In KCET online application form as well as during exam candidate has to sign in several places. Signature must specifically match signature in other official documents.
Size of the signature image must be greater than 5 kb and less than 40 kb and dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm only.
For the purpose of using thumb impression, simply place thumb on an ink pad and press on space earmarked for same. In the event that you are uploading it, press inked thumb on white sheet of paper in a box of same dimension as image required in KCET Application Form 2017. Cut it out and scan it.
Size of the thumb impression image must be greater than 5 kb and less than 40 kb and dimension of thumb impression image should be 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm only.
Most important among official documents is SSC (class 10) or equivalent marks-sheet. From these documents you can refer name, date of birth and other details.
KCET 2017 – How to apply?
- Candidates should start filling the online application form of KCET 2017 by visiting the official website or going through the link provided above.
- After reaching the official website or visiting through the link provided above candidate should click on “CET – 2017 UG Online Application”.
- After completing all the details, candidates will receive an application ID and Password to their registered mobile number and email id.
- Next would be the step to upload the scanned copy of recent passport size Colour Photograph, Signature and Left Hand Thumb impression in JPG/JPEG format separately.
- Fee payment process would come next, for which challan would be produced and candidates can download the challan and make payment at specified bank or e-post office.
- Last Step is to take out a printout of the application form thereafter obtain Principal seal and signature from the college where the candidate has studied 2nd PUC or 12th Standard. The same copy should be produced during document verification.
KCET 2017 Application Form – Instructions To Fill Online Application Form
Filling up Karnataka CET 2017 Application Form should be hassle free and candidate friendly. With this in mind, we have listed steps to fill KCET application form 2017. At the moment these steps are tentative.
Step 1. Registration for KCET Application Form 2017
Once candidate reaches online application form page, there he / she will find two options
- New user registration
Here, one has to click on New User Registration link. On doing so a screen will appear where following details can be entered
- Is candidate appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2017; if yes, enter student number
- Candidate’s name
- Candidates’ mother’s name
- Candidates’ father’s name
- Email ID
- Mobile number
- Create User ID of given character limit
- Create Password
- Select Secret question
- Enter Answer To Secret Question
As soon as candidate submits above information, system generates Application Number and displays it with User ID. Note these down.
Step 2 – Entering details in Karnataka CET 2017 Online Application Form
Now you need to enter an array of personal information which will include details such as these
- Reservation category
- Annual Income of candidate’s family
- Reservation Category
- Eligibility clause code
- Choice of examination center
Further you can enter information of qualifying examination
- Name of board or university
- Number of years you have studied in Karnataka state
- Whether studied in Rural area in Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard
- Whether studied in Kannada medium from 1st to 10th standard
- Select if claiming reservation under article 371 (j) Hyderabad Karnataka
In addition, you will enter communication details
- Phone number
Specifically, a lot of details will be needed for class 10th and 12th or equivalent exam
- Mention whether you studied SSLC / 10th standard in Karnataka
- 2nd PUC/ 12th/ Equivalent exam appeared from which state
- 2nd PUC/ 12th/ Equivalent exam appeared from which district, if answer to above is Karnataka
- Native State
- Native District
- Are you a son/ daughter of Jammu & Kashmir Migrant?
- Special Category
- Are you claiming Agriculturist Quota Reservation?
Step 3 – Upload photograph and signature in KCET 2017 Application Form
First of all check specifications for photo and signature. Then, upload images by clicking on relevant buttons that appear on page.
Step 4 – Pay application fee for KCET 2017 online application form
Before paying fees, go through all details filled in application form. In the event that you come across any discrepancies, make necessary corrections now.
Next, click on declaration that appears on screen.
Most importantly pay relevant application fee in any of the available modes.
3 Things To Do After Submitting KCET Application Form 2017
Note user ID and Application Number of KCET Application Form 2017.
You will need these details to download KCET 2017 Admit Card. Also you can refer to these while communicating with Karnataka Examinations Authority. Hence it is very important to note down application number and user ID.
Also make it a point to remember password, security question and security answer. In the event that you forget login details you will use them to retrieve passwords.
Take printout of KCET 2017 online application form.
Immediately after completing form you will see print option on screen. Attach printer to computer and insert plain white sheets in it. Now give print command and print application form of KCET 2017.
KCET Application Form 2017 submission should be completed before last date.
Follow instructions given by KEA. Affix photograph and / or signature wherever required. Also if asked for, get form attested by concerned authorities. In the event that KEA makes it mandatory for candidates to submit application form of KCET 2017 offline, send it in prescribed mode so that it reaches officials before last date of application form submission.
KCET Application Form Correction 2017
Candidates are advised to take final printout of the application form immediately after applying. In the first place, carefully verify all the information printed in the KCET 2017 application form. If need be, then consult parents / guardians. Candidates are advised to edit and carry out the necessary changes only if any changes are required in the first place. Once the information changed in the application neither you will not be allowed to carry out the changes once again nor the earlier data will be considered.
Before selecting the “Declaration”, candidates can login any number of times and confirm themselves that all the necessary changes have been made and no more changes are required to carry out.After modifying all the necessary changes, candidate has to select the “Declaration” button and submit it without fail, otherwise the changes made by the candidates will not be considered and the earlier data will be confirmed.
Steps to edit mistakes in Karnataka CET 2017 application form
- Select the link “Editing of online application – CET”.
- Login on to the website by using the login and password.
- After completion of modification, select the “Declaration” compulsorily and submit. Before selecting the Declaration, candidates are advised to verify once again the changes carried out by them, after declaration candidates will not be allowed to change once again.
Books recommended for KCET
|16 Years’ Solved Papers Karnataka CET Engineering Entrance||Buy Online|
|16 Years’ Solved Papers Karnataka CET Medical Entrance||Buy Online|
|Chemistry for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Physics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Mathematics for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Biology for Karnataka CET and COMEDK||Buy Online|
|Objective Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics – Chapter-wise MCQ||Buy Online|
|Objective Physics, Chemistry, Biology – Chapter-wise MCQ||Buy Online|
Important points regarding KCET Application Form 2017
- Merit based admissions in Karnataka Government engineering, farm sciences, bachelor of sciences colleges is done on the basis of KCET Common Entrance Test for which Karnataka CET 2017 Application Form will be released.
- More than 50,000 seats are offered against which, like every year, thousands and probably lakhs of candidates are expected to fill the KCET application form 2017.
- Details to be filled in the Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2017 Application Form include student information, study details, documents upload, declaration, fee payment. A period of more than a month is generally given to complete the process and thus it should be done cautiously.
- It is the candidate’s responsibility to ensure that he / she is eligible for the programme before filling up the KCET 2017 Application Form.
- While filling up the form you can refer to official documents so that there is no error in the Karnataka CET Application Form 2017, such as date of birth, roll number, spellings of name and address.
- The Candidate who fails to upload the Photo/Signature/LTM or who fails to pay the fees within prescribed date and time, forms of those candidates would not be considered for further process.
Karnataka CET 2017 Application Form Significance
If you want to appear for Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2017, then submitting the application form and paying fees is the first step towards completing pre-examination formalities. Having submitted the form, focus should be on preparing effectively for the examination for one of the programmes you have applied:
- Naturopathy & Yoga,
- Engineering and Technology,
- Farm Science courses i.e, B.Sc. (Agriculture), B.Sc. (Sericulture), B.Sc (Horticulture), B.Sc (Forestry), B.Sc. Agri Bio Tech, BHSc.(Home Science), B.Tech (Agri.Engg), B.Tech (Food Technology), B.Tech (Dairy Tech), B.FSc (Fisheries), B.Tech (Food Science &Tech)., B.Sc. (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op) ,
Candidates must retain the following documents with them as reference for future correspondence. (i) At least three printouts of the finally submitted online Application. (ii) Proof of fee paid (iii) 2-3 copies of identical Photograph that scanned and uploaded on the Online Application
KCET 2017 Admit Card / Hall Ticket
While preparing for KCET, you will also have to keep an eye out to download the admit card / hall ticket. The hall ticket is an officially generated document that contains unique details of the candidate and also his / her examination center that is assigned by KEA, exam date and time. It is important to download and print the admit card / hall ticket of Karnataka CET 2017 (obtain in mode prescribed by KEA) and carry it to the exam hall on the day of exam.
Avoid errors in the KCET Application Form 2017
Here is a simple guide on how to avoid errors in the KCET 2017 application form and also to keep your account safe.
During registration you will be asked to create a user ID, password, and a secret question.
- Create your own user ID of 6 to 16 characters.
- Create your own password of 8 to 20 characters. Try to use at least one alphabet, one number, one special character.
- Select a secret question and answer the same and remember the answer entered. This will be helpful in case you forget other details.
Keep SSLC / class 10 Marks Card handy: You can fill the following details using the class 10th marks card.
- Candidate name,
- Father’s name,
- Mother’s name,
- Date of birth.
Email ID: Enter correct email ID, one you can easily access any time and no one else has the access to it. Someone may be able to change your form or tamper with your credentials if they can login to the email ID, so please use such an email ID which is safe and secure.
Reservation: If you are claiming for any quota or reservation, before ticking that field, make sure you have certificate claiming the quota / reservation. Even if you do not have the certificate or required documents at the moment, you should ensure that you can get it before the time is required in physical form.
How to fill KCET Application Form 2017? Explained With Illustrations
Step by step details of filling the Karnataka CET Application Form 2017 is given below.
Step 1 – Registration for Karnataka CET application form
Candidate has to visit the website http://kea.kar.nic.in. In the home page of the KEA website click on the link “CET-2017 Online Application”. The candidate will be directed to CET-2017 Online Application home page.
The HOME Page comprises of
- How to Apply
- Sample Application
- Contact Us
- New User– > Click here to Register
- Calendar of Events.
- After clicking on New User ? Click Here to Register, the User/Candidate will directed to the Page shown below.
- Instructions mentioned in this page are must to be read by User/Candidate before proceeding to apply Online.
- Candidates who are appearing Karnataka 2nd PUC Annual Examination 2017 needs to click on radio button Yes and he need to enter his Student Number and click on Submit button for the candidate’s basic data from our server. Anyhow candidate may edit this information if there are any corrections in the data displayed in the form.
- Click on No button if you are appearing other than Karnataka PU Board Examination like (CBSC or ICSC).
- All fields marked with * are mandatory.
- Enter the Candidate’s Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name and Date of Birth as it is in SSLC/10th Marks card.
- User Id: Create your own User-Id which should contain minimum of 6 characters and maximum of 16 characters.
- Password: Create your own password. Password should contain minimum of 8 and maximum of 20 characters, with at least 1 letter of English alphabet, 1 number and 1 special character. Password minimum length should be 8 characters and maximum is 20 characters.
- Please make a note of User Id and the Password created at the time of registration for future logins and filling up and editing of online application.
- Enter valid contact Mobile phone number in the Registration form, to receive SMS alerts related to ongoing CET-2017 process.
- Select a secret question and answer the same and remember the answer entered. This will be helpful in case if the candidate forgets the password.
- After successful registration, the candidate will get a “Registration Successful” message with User Id and Application number to his/her Mobile number provided during registration.
- Candidates are required to make a note of their User Id and Application number for further CET process
Log In Form
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an Application number and User-ID to their registered mobile phone number and email-id and same will be displayed on the screen.
- To login, please enter user-id, password and security code. After successful login, candidate can fill up the details in Application form
Student Information Form
- Once the user/candidate has entered Login credentials, he/she will be directed to the filling of online application from for entering the details.
- In this form, there are tabs namely Student Information, Study Details, Photo & Signature Upload, Declaration, Challan, Payment status, Save as draft and Print Application.
- Before logging out user/candidate has to click on “save as draft” button without fail. Whenever, user/candidate logs in again, the previously entered and saved data will be available.
- In the Classes Studied column the candidate has to enter which year he/she has studied.
- In the Year of study from column the candidate has to enter the year of study.
- In the Year of study from column the candidate has to enter the year of passing
- In the Year of Passing column the candidate has to mention the Year of Passing.
- After making the entries click on Save button, the entries made will be automatically saved.
After making the entries click on Save button, that particular details will be saved as shown in below figure. After Entering all years details Click on Save & Next.
Photo and Signature form
- Before clicking on submit button in declaration tab, please read the instructions given in the how to apply carefully and make sure that all the details entered are correct to the belief and knowledge of user/candidate.
- If the user/candidate is willing to make any changes in his/her application, he/she is advised to do so before declaration. No modification is allowed in the application after Declaration.
- If the user/candidate is sure about the details entered by him/her is correct and feels no changes are required, and then he/she can select the Check box and click on the Submit button. This will be the final submission.
- Note: No modification is allowed in the application once Declaration is complet
After click on check box below shown message will appear on the screen, please read that message carefully.
After click on submit button below shown message will appear on the screen, please read that message carefully
After clicking on the Submit button, in the Declaration candidate will be directed to the Challan tab where he/she can download the Challan by selecting the bank
- If the candidate/user forgets the Password, by clicking the Forgot Password? Link he/she can create a new Password by entering the following details User Id, Application Number, Secret Question, answer and enter the security code and finally click on submit.
- Then the user/candidate will be directed to a new window “Create Password”. Enter User-Id, Application number, New password, enter the new password in the confirm new password field. Finally click on Change password button.
- Once the user/candidate clicks Change Password the password will be changed as per user/candidate’s given credential and can Log In with his/her New Password.
After Click on submit button following screen will appear to reset the password.
- Candidate can change password if necessary by filling up the User Id, Application Number and Old Password.
- He/She can create a New Password and that New Password can be used for future Logins
- Candidate can download the printout of the application at any stage of the filling of online application. Print out of application is very important for the further process.
Official website where application form is released is kea.kar.nic.in.
If you have any queries regarding KCET application form 2017, please ask in comments below.