KCET Option Entry 2020 – Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), has extended the Karnataka CET 2020 option entry process for Round 1 to November 26, 2020. The option entry can be done on the official website cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. Candidates can fill the choices of colleges / courses for admissions by logging in their CET number. After the option entry process, the seats are allotted on the basis of the order of their choices and the rank secured in CET 2020. For more details on KCET Option Entry 2020, process, eligibility read the page below.
Latest: KCET Option Entry 2020 round 1 has now been extended to November 26, 2020, up to 4 PM, for Engineering, Architecture, Farm Science, Pharmacy, Naturopathy & Yoga courses, etc.
KCET Option Entry 2020
Candidates are advised to give the choices as per in order of their preferences as all above options will be taken in the priority for the seat allotment. Check all the dates related to the KCET Option Entry 2020 from the table below:
|KCET Option Entry 2020||Expected Dates|
|Option entry starts|
22 to 26 Nov 2020
|Announcement of mock seat allotment|
|26 Nov 2020|
|Provision to change options, if any by candidates (Add or Delete or Modify or Re- order or Alter the options)||26 to 28 Nov 2020|
|Seat allotment result announcement||to be notified|
Apply Here: Click Here to fill in respective KCET Option Entry 2020.
Eligibility for KCET Option Entry 2020
Candidates who have qualify the document verification after the declaration result are eligible to apply for option entry. As after the result, KEA will release the list of selected candidates for the document verification process. Candidates have to appear for the verification for the further process. After that, KEA will release the mock allotment result of all the qualified candidates, who will be eligible for Online option entry.
How to do Option Entry in KCET 2020?
Selected candidates can fill the online choices by following the mentioned below steps:
Step-1 First of all, click on the above given link.
Step 2: This leads to the opening of candidate dashboard. Now enter the CET Number to login.
Step 3: Thereafter, proceed to select and fill in the choices.
How to create KCET 2020 Option Entry Password?
Candidates need to make a password for exercising their options. The steps for the same are as follow.
Step 1: First, go to the official website and click on the link for choice filling.
Step-2 After that, candidates have to enter Name, Mobile no., Email Id, CET no. and create the password.
Password must be of 8 characters and must carry the given below characters:
- One Alphabet
- One Number
- One Special Character(@,#,$,&,*)
Step-3 Note down the password for further login details. Then proceed to enter the options.
Step-4 Choose the options of college and courses in order of your preferences.
Step-5 Submit the options and take the print out of your given options.
Important Instruction Related to KCET Option Entry 2020
Candidates are required to must go through the some of the important instruction related to the KCET Option Entry 2020 from below:
- A Candidate can enter any number of options as he / she wishes to exercise on his / her own priority. As entering more options will avoid the disappointment of not securing a seat.
- Candidate must note that choices and allotment of seat will be done separately for the Medical / Dental courses and for Engineering / Farm Science courses.
- Candidates eligible for both the streams i.e., in UGNEET – Medical or Dental courses & in UGCET-Engineering or Architecture or Agriculture course are advised to exercise their Choice in the same web-portal at once
- Before filling the choices, make sure that if you have choose Choice-1 for Medical or Dental seat, then selection for Engineering / Architecture / Farm Science will get cancel and vise-versa.
Second Round Instruction –
- The priority of the options in the seocnd round will be same as First round.
- All the higher priority options will be considered in the second round, like if a seat allotted to the candidate from his/her 115th options, then in the second round higher priotrity will be given to the 1-114th options.
- Then all the lower options will not be considered for the second round.
- Candidates can modify/change/delete the priority of the choices from 1 to 114
- If a candidate is allotted seat in first round and then in the second round he/she select same choice, then such candidate will not be considered for the second round.
KCET 2020 Seat Allotment Proces
After the choice filling, KEA will release the list of the candidates who have allotted seats in the first round. Seats will be allotted on the basis of the eligibility and choices of preferences. Same will process will be held for the second round. Candidates who are not selected in the first round can exercise their options in second round. Candidates can check their seat allotment result by entering the CET no.
After the seat allotment candidates will be provided with the admissions order, according to which they have to appear at the allotted college for admission process. Candidates are advised to produce the original documents at the allotted centre along the requisite admission fee.
KCET 2020 Seat Matrix
KEA releases the seat matrix on the official website before option filling process. Candidates must check the seat matrix of the Government and Private colleges before filling the choices. As the seat will be allotted on the basis of the rank and seat availablity. Candidates can check the previous yea seat martix from the direct link provided below
- Click Here to check KCET Engg seat matrix for Non-Hyderabad candidates.
- Click Here to check KCET Engg seat matrix for Hyderabad candidates.
The Government of Karnataka established Karnataka Examination Authority in 2006. Later in 1994 it was founded as the common Entrance Test Cell. IT was established to conduct the entrance test for admissions into various UG and PG courses in Karnataka. Later on, it is converted as an autonomus body called Karnataka Examination Authority. KEA is governed by the Governing Council Minister of Higher Education, GOK.
For more information regarding KCET Option Entry 2020 and Seat Allotment Result, refer to the previous year’s information brochure – Download Information Brochure.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.