Just like all the rest of the medical admission in India, the Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC) Admission 2018 MBBS and BDS admission will be done on the basis of NEET 2018. The 85% quota seats in the college will be filled through the state counselling, conducted by the GGSIPU. However, the 15% All India Quota seats will be filled on the basis of NEET 2018 Counselling, conducted by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). To receive admission in Maulana Azad Medical College candidates need to participate in the counselling and if the seat has been allocated then report at the college to fulfil the remaining formalities. Check more details about the Maulana Azad Medical College MBBS and BDS Admission 2018 from this page.
About MAMC Admission 2018
Maulana Azad Medical College is one of the most prestigious colleges in India. It is a government college, which comes under the University of Delhi and ranked among the top 10 medical colleges in India. The colleges offered both MBBS and BDS courses, the duration of which are as below:
Duration of Courses
- MBBS Course: The duration of the course is 4½ years, followed by one-year compulsory rotating Internship Training.
- BDS Course: The duration of the course is 4 years, followed by one year compulsory rotating Internship Training
MAMC Admission Eligibility
The eligibility criteria of MAMC indicates the minimum requirements to be fulfilled for admission. This includes age limit and educational qualifications. The details given below are of last year. New details will be updated in July / August 2018.
The candidates should have completed the age of 17 (seventeen) years on or before 31st December 2018. The candidates completing the age of 17 years on 1st January 2018 or later will not be eligible for admission. The upper age limit is 25 years as on 31st December 2018. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Indian Nationals who have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system conducted by the C.B.S.E/ Council of the Indian School Certificate Examination/ Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi with required subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-Technology and English from the recognized schools conducting regular classes situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi only, will be eligible for admission.
- Eligible Female candidates from outside Delhi belonging to SC/ST/C.W. category, who have passed the qualifying examination from Indian Universities/ Boards or Foreign Universities/ Boards are eligible for admission to Lady Harding Medical College only against the seats reserved for these categories, subject to their fulfilling the prescribed conditions.
- The candidates must have passed the qualifying examination, in all the required subjects separately (Theory and Practical), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses.
- A candidate who had not taken any one or more of the required subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English in the qualifying examination but had subsequently passed in that subject(s) as an additional subject is not eligible.
- Candidates who have passed qualifying examination from Patrachar Vidyalaya or National Institute of Open Schooling will not be eligible.
- Candidates who have appeared in the Annual Examination of the year 2018 and are placed under compartment will not be eligible
In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS admission in MAMC, the candidate must have qualified NEET 2018. The general category candidate must have secured the minimum of 50% marks and the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category should have secured 40% or above.
- The candidates would be called in the counselling hall in a batch of 10 for counselling to allot a course (MBBS/ BDS) in a particular college (LHMC/ MAMC/ UCMS/MAIDS). At his/ her turn of the counselling, the candidate would be informed of the courses and the colleges in which the courses are available. From the courses and the colleges available at the time of his/ her counselling, he/ she would be entitled to select only one course in any particular college and he/ she would be allotted a seat in the selected course in the selected college. Female candidates from Delhi, opting for MBBS Course would be entitled to opt for MAMC, UCMS and LHMC (the first two being co-educational colleges and the third one being exclusively for female students). Male candidates would be entitled to opt for either MAMC or UCMS only both being co-educational colleges.
- The counselling of a particular day shall close as soon as all the candidates called for counselling and present have been counselled or 2:30 P.M. whichever is later.
- The candidates who have been provisionally admitted in a course shall appear before a Medical Board on the dates given by the concerned College/Institution for medical examinations. A candidate shall not be allowed to join the course if he/she is found medically unfit for the course.
- Waitlist candidates: The candidates who were present for counselling and were not offered any seat due to allotment of all seats before their turn of counselling, shall be waitlisted and will be required to submit their options in respect of course and college on the prescribed proforma. The candidates who were absent on the specified date of counselling shall not be waitlisted. The candidates who have not opted any seat at the time of counselling shall also be waitlisted.
- An undertaking is to be given by the candidate at the time of counselling to the effect that they have not pursued MBBS/BDS courses anywhere in India. In case admitted/pursuing MBBS/BDS Courses anywhere in India, they will be required to produce cancellation certificate from the concerned College/Institution within 4 working days from the date of provisional allotment of seat.
Procedure for Admission, Assignment of College
- The candidate will be required to produce admission tickets of AIPMT/ NEET -2018 and original certificates including scorecard of AIPMT/ NEET -2018 at the time of Counseling.
- The admission would be made strictly on the basis of marks/merit of the eligible candidates in each category, determined by marks obtained in the AIPMT/ NEET -2018.
In case of two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the AIPMT/ NEET 2018, the inter-seranking of such candidates shall be determined in the following order of preference :
- The candidates who have obtained higher marks in Biology/Bio-Technology in the AIPMT/ NEET -2018.
- The candidates who have obtained higher marks in Chemistry in the AIPMT/ NEET -2018.
- The candidates who are older in age.
If any candidate is unable to appear on the date of counselling, to be notified later, he/she may send his/her representative with appropriate authorization on prescribed proforma. If a candidate or his/ her representative is absent on his/ her turn at the time of counselling and comes late on the same day before the end of the counselling, he/ she may be allowed to appear in the counselling on his/ her written request and on payment of Rs.500/- in cash as a penalty for late coming
Seat Matrix (Last year)
|Category||Total seats in MAMC|
|15% quota seats to be filled by DGHS||37|
|Seats to be filled through central pool scheme||06|
Seats may be added/deleted depending upon the status of approval from University/ Medical Council of India/ Dental Council of India/Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MOHFW) Govt. of India.
For more details of Maulana Azad Medical College Admission 2016 – Download Information Brochure.