NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria- The first and foremost thing in order to apply for any examination is to go through the Eligibility Criteria carefully. Similarly, for NEET 2019 also candidates are required to check the Eligibility Criteria thoroughly. Checking Eligibility Criteria is the first step of the ladder in order to take admission, as it is only after checking the Eligibility Criteria, candidates can apply for NEET 2019. Candidates must note that until last year there was a confusion related to NIOS and Additional Biology Students. However, this has been certified now by the governing authority that the NIOS and Additional Biology Students can also apply for NEET 2019. To grasp the detailed information about NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria, candidates can go through this article.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The governing authority has lately released the NEET 2019 Application Form. Candidates will have to first register themselves by visiting the official website. Candidates must take a note the whole Application Process must be completed through online mode only. The application fee has to be submitted through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking/ e-challan / UPI.
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who will be applying for NEET 2019, they will have to make sure that they are matching with terms and conditions of the conducting body in order to apply for NEET 2019.
- The candidates who will be applying for NEET 2019 must be 17 years old at the time of admission, on or before the December 31st of the admission year.
- The condition of the upper age limit has been removed now. This means that candidates 25 years or above can apply for the NEET 2019 entrance examination.
Nationality: The candidates applying for NEET 2019 should be an Indian National / Non – Resident (NRIs) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs) / Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals.
Academic Qualification: Candidates must ensure that they match following given academic qualifications if they want to apply for NEET 2019. The information given below can be checked for the same:
- The candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized Board.
- The candidates must have cleared the subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually.
- They should have obtained a minimum 50% marks when taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology at the qualifying examination.
Number of Attempts: The criteria for the number of attempts has been removed from NEET.
Other Qualifying Examination Valid for NEET 2019
Candidates can refer to the list of other qualifying examinations given below if they have to apply for NEET 2019:
- The Pre – Professional / Pre – Medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English after passing the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre – University or any other equivalent examination. The Pre – Professional / Pre – Medical Examination will include the practical tests in the subjects mentioned here and English as a compulsory subject.
- The Intermediate / Pre – Degree Examination in Science from an Indian Board / University or other recognized examination body with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology which include the practical tests in the subjects mentioned here and English as a compulsory subject.
- The candidates who have studied B.Sc. Examination from an Indian University provided that he / she has passed B.Sc. Examination with any of the two subjects: Physics / Chemistry / Biology (Botany / Zoology) / Biotechnology. Candidates should have also passed qualifying examination with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- The first year of the 3 years degree courses of a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology including the practical in these mentioned subjects provided the examination is an University Examination. Candidates must also ensure that they have passed the earlier qualifying examination with the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology with English at level not less than a core course.
- Students with any other examination which in scope and standard (Last 2 years of 10+2 study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology which will also include practical test in these subjects) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology including practical tests in each of these subjects mentioned and English.
NEET 2019 Application Form
The governing authority has kick started the application process of NEET 2019. Candidates can now apply for NEET 2019 by visiting the official website which is ntaneet.nic.in. Candidates will have to register first in order to apply for NEET 2019 Application Form. Candidates must note that to submit the NEET 2019 Application Form, candidates will have to pay the Application Fee. The Application Fee can be submitted using Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking / e – challan / UPI. Another thing which candidates have to take a note is that they will have to upload photo and signature images in a prescribed format only. If they do not submit the scanned images as per the format defined by the governing authority, their Application Forms will get rejected.