NEET 2019 Result – After NEET(UG) 2019 has been conducted across 154 exam centers, National Testing Agency will be soon declaring the results over the official website of NTA. As per the information brochure released, NTA will be releasing the results on June 05, 2019. NTA will not be individually sending the results of the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test(NEET). Candidates who had appeared for this medical entrance exam will be able to get their OMR response sheet and the answer key, prior to the result declaration day. Candidates will be login in order to procure their NEET 2019 Results. NTA will not be releasing category wise merit list. Rather, it will be preparing and releasing it as per the guidelines of DGHS, MCI, and DCI. Furthermore, NTA will be forwarding this list to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for conducting the counseling rounds. To know more about NEET 2019 Result, candidates can keep reading this article!
NEET 2019 Result
As per the last year statistics published by CBSE, 56.27% of 12,69,922 candidates who appeared for NEET exam qualified the exam by obtaining the qualifying cutoff score. Furthermore, Kalpana Kumari from Bihar topped the exam by obtaining the golden mark of 691 marks. A minimum of 50 percentile will be required to qualify for General category candidates, whereas 40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC candidates.The candidates can check the schedule for the declaration of NEET 2019 Result from the table below.
|NEET 2019 Result||Important Dates|
|NEET 2019 exam date||05 May 2019|
|Declaration of NEET 2019 Result by NTA||05 Jun 2019|
Result: The candidates who appear for the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET 2019) can check their result at nta.ac.in
How to View NEET UG Result 2019?
Candidates can follow the instructions, mentioned below to check their NEET 2019 result, as per the dates released.
Step No. 1 – Click on the direct link provided below the table or visit the official website of NTA on May 5, 2018.
Step No. 2 – On the next page, a candidate will be required to fill application number and password. Submit the details.
Step No. 3 – Your NEET UG 2019 Result will be appearing on the screen. Your NEET 2019 Result will have marks secured in the 3 sections, NEET AIR, NEET AIQ rank (for 15% seats) and Category-wise cut off percentile, along with few other personal details. Check the scores and download the score/rank card. Download and carry a copy of it to the counseling round.
The NEET 2019 Result shall look like this…
Why candidates wait for NEET(UG) Result 2019?
After appearing for NEET(UG) 2019, a candidate will obviously be curious to know whether he or she has qualified for the exam or not. National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test(NEET) has some salient features why is it so!
- It is the National level entrance medical entrance exam for admissions to MBBS/BDS courses. So, a candidate wants to be a doctor, he or she necessarily needs to appear and clear this exam.
- Under this exam, nearly 90,000 seats will be provided in India. But every year, as per the statistics, over lakhs of candidates appear. So, one can estimate the competition is pretty tight!
- If a candidate qualifies for NEET(UG) 2019, his or her scores will be valid for taking admissions this year only.
- Other than AIIMS and JIPMER, all the medical institutes takes NEET(UG) marks into consideration for admission purpose.
- NEET(UG) Result, once released will not be available for re-evaluation or rechecking purpose.
NEET 2019 Cut Off
Cut Off for this year, will be out once the authorities have declared the NEET UG Result 2019. Every year, the authorities takes many criteria into consideration for deciding the cut off marks, like number of test takers, level of exam,etc. Hopefully, NTA will expected to do the same. Furthermore, on this basis merit candidates will be called for a round of counseling, after which a candidate will be allotted a seat. Hence, it is very important for the candidates to obtain cut off marks in order to qualify the exam.
Candidates can check the previous year’s category wise cut off marks, from below.
|OBC / SC / ST||96||107||118|
|OBC / SC / ST PH||96||107||118|
Tie Breaker Policy for NEET 2019
Ever wondered when two or more candidates end up getting same marks in NEET(UG) 2019 Results? In such a situation, then inter-se merit will be considered as per the following guidelines:
- Firstly, biology marks will be considered. Candidate getting higher marks will be preferred.
- If the tie still persists, chemistry marks will be taken into consideration.
- If there still remains a tie, then the student having committed fewer mistakes will be preferred, in such a scenario.
- Finally, the age of the candidates will be considered. The older candidate will be then qualified.
NEET 2019 Merit List And Counseling
Two types of merit list will be prepared and released.
- One, merit list for counseling under 15% All India Quota. The names of all the candidates who had opted for this quota will be sent to the Directorate General of Health Services (Medical Examination Cell), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. And only after this, a candidate will be allotted a seat after online counseling round.
- Second merit list will be for the candidates who didn’t opt for the above quota. NTA will send the AIR to the DGHS, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt of India. Further the admission committees will look into sending applications for counseling to all the selected candidates. Furthermore, these admitting committees on the basis of counseling round will release separate merit list on the basis of which finally medical seats will be allotted.
NEET 2019 Reservation Policy
NTA has devised a reservation policy to benefit the reserved category candidates who had appeared in NEET 2019. Check the same from below.
|OBC (Other Backward Classes)||27%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||5%|
If you have any questions about NEET 2019 Result, let us know in the comment section below.