NEET Syllabus is given here for biology, physics, chemistry. Question paper of National Eligibility Entrance Test will be based on NEET Syllabus notified by MCI. Medical Council of India specifies following syllabus of NEET after reviewing syllabus by CBSE, NCERT, COBSE, and state boards. Candidates aspiring to study MBBS or BDS from medical institutions in India can appear in NEET exam. All multiple choice questions in the exam will be from topics mentioned in NEET syllabus of biology, physics, chemistry published officially by CBSE. It is important to note NEET syllabus so as to study all topics for medical entrance exam. NEET syllabus has been announced by CBSE.
|Name of exam||National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Syllabus prescribed by||Medical Council of India on review of syllabus by CBSE, NCERT, COBSE, state boards|
|Official syllabus published by||CBSE|
|Biology||90 questions from syllabus of NEET 2018 biology|
|Physics||45 questions from syllabus of NEET 2018 physics|
|Chemistry||45 questions from syllabus of NEET 2018 chemistry|
NEET Syllabus 2018 / 2019
The Medical Council of India (MCI) recommends the following syllabus for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS courses across the country (NEET”.’ UG) after review of various State syllabi as well as those prepared by CBSE, NCERT and COBSE. This is to establish a uniformity across the country keeping in view the relevance of different areas in medical education.Important: Know Important Chapters for NEET 2018 and NEET 2019.
NEET Syllabus Of Biology, Physics, Chemistry (Official) By CBSE
CBSE has been released official details of NEET Exam. Syllabus of NEET UG is given below.
|NEET Exam Subject||NEET Syllabus|
|Biology||Click here to view NEET syllabus for biology|
|Physics||Click here to view NEET syllabus for physics|
|Chemistry||Click here to view NEET syllabus for chemistry|
NEET Syllabus 2018 Download PDF
CBSE published the NEET Information Bulletin. The syllabus for NEET 2018 has been published in detail in the brochure published by CBSE for NEET 2018. However, for the help of candidates who are preparing for the engineering entrance exam, we have compiled the syllabus on the links given above. You can also download the NEET UG syllabus for 2018 pdf files.
- Click Here to get CBSE NEET 2018 Syllabus.
NEET Syllabus for Physics : Important Topics
|S.No.||Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Physical world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|3||Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|4||Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|5||Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|7||Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|8||Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|9||Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|10||Oscillations and Waves|
NEET Syllabus for Chemistry : Important Topics
|S.No.||Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|2||Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|3||Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|4||Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|5||States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|6||Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|7||Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|8||Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
|10||s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|11||Some p-Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|12||Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|13||Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|16||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
NEET Syllabus for Biology : Important Topics
|S.No.||Class XI||Class XII|
|1||Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|2||Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|3||Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|4||Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|5||Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
Significance of NEET Syllabus 2018
Getting admission in MBBS / BDS in medical and dental colleges in India is tough. This is because there are fewer seats as compared to the number of competitors. To score high in NEET 2018 it is important to know the syllabus. Significant points of why NEET 2018 syllabus is important are as follows:
- Candidates can know the exact topics from which they will get questions in NEET 2018.
- There are some areas which candidates may not have studied in the syllabus of board exam. They can cover these chapters once they come to know of them through NEET 2018 syllabus.
- CBSE publishes NEET 2018 syllabus in NEET 2018 information brochure, which is final and binding.
How To Use NEET 2018 Syllabus To Study For Medical Entrance Exam?
NEET Question Paper will be similar to that of previous years’ question papers. Following points will be useful while preparing for NEET Exam.
- Keep an eye out for final syllabus of NEET by MCI / CBSE. Go through the complete list of topics.
- All topics in NEET 2018 syllabus are common to +2 level in education board. So it is wise to start revising all the topics under Physics, Chemistry, Biology you have already studied for state level medical entrance exam.
- While you are preparing using NEET syllabus 2018, you can refer to study material of NEET. If there are any such topics that were not included in your state board syllabus, try to study them from books such as NCERT.
- Practice using Question Papers of previous years. Past several years question papers of NEET are available which you can simply download and attempt to solve. After solving them, take a look at given answers and prepare ahead accordingly.