PEC B.Tech Admission 2020- Punjab Engineering College (Deemed To Be University) has offered admission to the B.Tech. programme for General/ SC/ ST/ EWS/ PwD categories. It is based on candidates obtained JEE Main rank. PEC also invites admission to B.Tech. Programmes for Kashmiri Migrants, Sportspersons, Sons/ Daughters/ Spouses of Military/ Paramilitary personnel and Children/ Grandchildren of Freedom Fighters in the various discipline. Seats for the B.Tech. programmes will be filled through the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)/ JoSAA) in academic session 2020-21. Get the complete details of PEC B.Tech Admission 2020, like the application form, merit list, and seat allotment on this page.
PEC B.Tech Admission 2020
PEC has conducted the separate admission process in the month of June 2020. For special category admissions such as Sportspersons, Sons/Daughters/Spouses of Military/ Paramilitary Personnel, Children/ Grandchildren of Freedom Fighters and Kashmiri Migrants and Kashmiri Pandits/ Kashmiri Hindu Families (Non-Migrants) living in Kashmiri Valley. The important schedule dates regarding PEC B.Tech Admission is given below the table:
|Online Registration process commences||2nd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for online registration||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Last date for receipt of Hard Copy along with original Demand Draft/ Banker Cheque of Registration Fee||3rd week of Jun 2020|
|Display of Provisional Merit List of Eligible Candidates||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Display of Final Merit List and Seat Allocation||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Physical Reporting at the Institute for Payment of Fees||1st week of Jul 2020|
|Display of Vacant Seats for Next Round||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Physical Reporting, Seat Allotment as per Final Merit List and Payment of Institute Fees||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Spot Round (if any vacant seats are available)||1st week of Aug 2020|
Document Verification Schedule
|Defence Personnel (Chandigarh Quota)||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Defence Personnel (Other than Chandigarh Quota)||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Sportspersons||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Freedom Fighter||Last week of Jun 2020|
|Kashmiri Migrants/ Displaced Persons||Last week of Jun 2020|
PEC B.Tech Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate seeking admission to PEC should satisfy at least one of these two criteria, this eligibility criteria based on previous year details:-
- The candidate is within the category-wise top 20 percentile of successful candidates in their respective Class XII (or equivalent) examination of the respective stream and Board.
- The candidate has secured a minimum 75% marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) examination of the respective stream and Board.
- For calculation of the total marks for five subjects, if the marks awarded in a subject is NOT out of 100, then the marks will be scaled (up or down) to 100 so that the total aggregate marks is out of 500.
- If a Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks and submit it at the time of acceptance of the allocated seat. In case such a certificate is not provided, the decision taken by Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigarh will be final.
- If a Board gives aggregate marks considering both Class XI and Class XII examinations (in the 10+2 system), then only the class XII marks will be considered. Similarly, for Boards which follow a semester system, the marks scored in the final two semesters will be considered.
- 5. For candidates who appeared in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination in 2018 but reappeared in 2020, the best of the two performances will be considered.
- If a Board does not give marks scored in individual subjects but gives only the aggregate marks, then the aggregate marks given by the Board will be considered as such.
PEC B.Tech Admission 2020 Application Form
Candidates are advised to read the Admission Brochure carefully, before applying online. Only eligible candidates would be able to apply for the admission. Online Applications were invited for admission to B.Tech. Programmes for Kashmiri Migrants, Sportspersons, Sons/ Daughters/ Spouses of Military/ Paramilitary personnel and Children/ Grandchildren of Freedom Fighters in various disciplines.
PEC B.Tech Admission 2020 Merit List
Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigarh will release the PEC B.Tech Merit List 2020 after the successful completion of filling the online application form. B.Tech. Admissions under the general category and SC/ ST/ PwD categories are being conducted through JoSAA/ CSAB 2020. PEC B.Tech Merit List 2020 shall be published for Kashmiri Migrants, Sportspersons, Sons/ Daughters/ Spouses of Military/ Paramilitary personnel and Children/ Grandchildren of Freedom Fighters.
PEC B.Tech Admission 2020 Seat Allotment
The admission of the candidates against the reserved seats under this category will be made on the basis of merit list prepared. On the basis of the merit list, the seat will be allotted to qualified candidates in the distinguished discipline of B.Tech. Programme. Candidates can check the seat allotment details will be available at the official website of PEC or direct link will be provided.
PEC B.Tech Fee Structure
Those candidates who have allotted B.Tech seat in PEC should pay the requisite amount of fee is given below table.
|Admission fee||Rs. 4000|
|One-time student service fee||Rs. 5000|
|Refundable deposit||Rs. 5000|
|Semester Fee||Rs. 77,500|
|Other facilities & services||Rs. 5,250|
|Refundable security (One Time Only)||Rs. 5000|
|Hostel Fee & |
Mess Establishment charges
|Mess Advance||Rs. 2,500|
|Maintenance Charges||Rs. 9,000|
For all information regarding B.Tech. admissions visit our website or contact Help Desk:
Official Website: pec.ac.in
Telephone No. : 0172-2753813, 2753814
(From Monday to Friday, 9.00 A.M – 5.00 P.M)
Email Id: [email protected]
For more details regarding PEC B.Tech Admission 2020, candidates can check – Previous Year Information Brochure
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.