PEC Admission 2021: PEC offers admission to undergraduate, postgraduate and research programmes for the academic year 2021 -22. The application form has been released for Ph.D course on the website. Admission to the candidates is offered on basis of rank secured in entrance exams. For admission to the M.Tech programme, candidates must have secure a rank in the GATE. Admission to M.Tech programme will be done through CCMT 2021. A which will be held on the national level by certain exam conducting bodies, subject to candidate satisfying eligibility conditions. Interested candidates will be able to register their name as per the schedule. Scroll down to get complete details on PEC Admission 2021 from this page.
Latest – PEC University has released the list of Provisionally Selected Candidates for PhD Admissions for Academic Year 2021-22. Scroll down to check it.
PEC Admission 2021
PEC 2021 application process will start soon. The scheduled dates for the PEC Admission 2021 will be given below in the table.
Schedule for the PEC for the course Ph.D 2021 is given below.
|Online Registration||07 June 2021 (from 12.00 Noon) to19.06.2021 (till 5.00 PM)|
|Last date for receipt of hard copy of Registration Form along with Demand Draft and supporting documents||23 June 2021 (till 05:00 pm)|
|Dispatch of Registration Form to various Departments||25 June 2021|
|Publishing of final list of eligible candidates by respective Departments||02 July 2021|
|Interviews in respective departments (details will be uploaded on institute website) *||06 July 2021|
|Result intimation with waiting list||09 July 2021|
|Payment of fees|
(Fee should be submitted in the form of DD** in favour of
“Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University)- Admissions” payable at Chandigarh.
|12 July 2021 to 13 July 2021|
|Reporting of PhD students in the respective departments for the selection of tentative topics, guide/ supervisors||26 July 2021|
|Academic Registration||02 August 2021|
CCMT 2021 Schedule:
|Release of CCMT notification 2021||June 2, 2021|
|Online CCMT registration||June 8, 2021 to June 28, 2021|
|CCMT choice filling & locking||June 29, 2021|
Candidates who have been allotted seat at Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University), Chandigarh have to report the Institute for Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting as per JOSAA Schedule: Click here for JOSAA schedule details.
PCE University of Technology Admission 2021 Overview
|Name of Institute||Punjab Engineering College University of Technology (PCE)|
|Affiliated with||Deemed to be University|
|Entrance exam||B.Tech- JEE-Main M.Tech- GATE|
PCE University Ph.D Programme 2021 Offered Courses
The Ph.D programme can be pursued in the disciplines of
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Applied Sciences
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Production & Industrial Engineering
- Centre of Excellence in Industrial & Product Design
- Cyber Security Research Centre
- Centre of Management & Humanities
PCE University Ph.D Admissions 2021 Provisionally Selection List
PCE University has released the list of provisionally selected candidates for Ph.D Admissions for Academic Year 2021-22. Candidates can check the list through the direct link is given below.
Check Selection List: Click here to check the Provisionally Selection List for Ph.D Admissions 2021.
Application Form for Ph.D. Programme 2021
The candidates can get the application form from the official website. A direct link to fill the application form has also been provided below. The candidates are required to pay Rs.2000/- (non-refundable) in the form of Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque in favor of “Punjab Engineering College (Deemed to be University) – Admissions” payable at Chandigarh and sum of Rs.500/- (non-refundable) is to be paid as registration fee for each additional discipline applied. The details of Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque are to be filled during online registration.
How to Apply ?
The process of online registration consists of three steps.
- Enter a valid email address and other personal details.
- On submission, a system-generated username & password will be displayed on the screen. Note down this username and password for future reference.
- Enter academic qualifications.
- The candidate then has to upload the scanned images of Photograph and Signature.
- All Scanned images should be jpg/jpeg format only.
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 4kb and less than 200kb. The photograph should preferably have the frontal face with a light background.
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 4kb and less than 100 kb.
- The dimension of the photographed image should be 200×150(height x width) pixels only.
- The dimension of the signature image should be 100 x 200 (height x width) pixels only.
- The details of the Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque are to be filled in the Registration Form.
- The candidates have to select their choices of the area of specialization in order of their preference.
- Mention number of papers published and awards and scholarship, if any.
- Mention any other relevant information.
- After successful completion of the registration form and choice filling, a confirmation page will be generated.
- The candidates are advised to take 2 printouts of the confirmation page and send one copy of print-out along with documents and Demand Draft/Bankers Cheque (in original) to the following address by hand/speed post/registered post so as to reach by the prescribed date.
- The institute will not be responsible for any delay in the receipt of hard copy of the
Registration Form. The candidates are advised to keep one copy of the confirmation page with them for future reference.
Required Documents for Ph.D. Programme
i. Printout of the Registration form
ii. Self-attested copy of GATE score card
iii. Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms (Aadhaar Card)
iv. Original Birth certificate issued by competent authority/Class X (High School) Board Certificate as proof of date of birth
v. Original Mark sheet of class XII
vi. Original Grade/Mark sheets of the qualifying examination for all semesters ( (if
vii. Original Degree/ Provisional certificate, if the degree is completed
viii. Original Certificate of category (SC/ST), if applicable, as per Government of India, issued by the competent authority.
ix. Original Demand Draft of fee payment
x. Original Migration certificate of last Institute/ University attended
xi. Three color passport size photographs
xii. Original Conduct/ Character Certificate from the Head of the institution last
xiii. Original Transfer certificate from the Head of the institution last attended
xiv. An original Course completion certificate from the Head of the University/Institute in case the result is awaited
xv. Persons with Disabilities certificate (if applicable)
xvi. Undertaking if applicable
xvii. Sponsorship/ NOC Certificate (wherever applicable)
Note: If the original certificates are not in English/Hindi, English/Hindi version/translation of such certificates, duly certified by the Principal/Director of the graduating Institute, will be required during the verification of documents.
Important Points for M.Tech Programme
- The counselling procedure for M.tech will be done by CCMT.
- Whole counselling procedure will be completed in three rounds and after the completion the choice of colleges will be alotted to students.
- CCMT basically is for centralized counselling procedure. After the filling of choice according to the ranks and marks candidate have been recieved the date and time of counselling.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to M.Tech Programme
Candidates must ensure their eligibility criteria before applying for admission. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for M.Tech Programme from below:
- Candidates must have possessed a bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology in relevant stream.
- Candidates must have valid GATE score.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Ph.D. Programme
Eligibility for Full-time Research Student/Candidate
An applicant belonging to the above admission categories should possess the
following qualifications in appropriate areas to be eligible to apply for admission for the Ph.D. programme of the Institute.
Engineering Technology streams:
Master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology of 2 years duration after graduation in respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the Institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded.
Master’s degree in Sciences in respective discipline or equivalent and minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.00 on a 10 point scale or equivalent as determined by the institute where letter grades are awarded, or 60% marks where marks are awarded. The admission eligibility requirements may be relaxed to 5.5 on a 10 point scale or equivalent, or to 55% marks for admission in above categories of scholars for SC/ST and PwD (Persons with a disability) candidates.
Management, Humanities & Social Sciences Streams
Ph.D. in Management/ Commerce: The candidate applying must possess an M.Com/ MBA or equivalent and should have obtained minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 5.5 on a 10 scale or equivalent as determined by the institute where letter grades are awarded; or 55% marks where marks are awarded.
Ph.D. in English/ Linguistics: The candidate applying must possess an M.A. or equivalent qualification in English and should have obtained 55% or above in M.A. English / Linguistics from a reputed institute. The admission eligibility may be relaxed to 5.0 on a 10 scale or equivalent, or to 50% marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
PEC Admission 2021 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for PEC Admission 2021 from the table given below:
For M.Tech Programme:
|Particulars||For GATE qualified candidates (Excluding Self-Supporting M.Tech. Programme)||Part Time, Sponsored (GATE/ Non-GATECandidates) and Self-Supporting M.Tech.Programme|
|One time (at Admission only)|
|Admission Fee||Rs. 3000||Rs. 3000|
|One time student service fee||Rs. 5000||Rs. 5000|
|Refundable Deposit||Rs. 5000||Rs. 5000|
|Academic||Rs. 35000||Rs. 57,500|
|Other facilities & services||Rs. 5250||Rs. 5250|
|Total payable at the time of admission (for day scholar)||Rs. 53,250||Rs. 75,750|
For Ph.D Programme
Fee structure for Ph.D Students
|One-time (at the time of Admission only)|
|Admission fee||Rs. 5000/-|
|One time Students service fee||Rs. 6000/-|
|Security deposit (Refundable)||Rs. 8000/-|
|Academic (Full time regular students)||Rs. 20.000/-|
|Academic (Part time Students)||Rs. 40,000/-|
|Other facilities and services||Rs. 6000/-|
Bank Details for Online Payment
|Bank Details for Online Payment|
|NAME OF ACCOUNT HOLDER||Punjab Engineering College- Admissions|
|INSTITUTE’S BANK NAME||State Bank of India|
|BRANCH NAME WITH COMPLETE ADDRESS||PEC Branch, Sector 12, Chandigarh160012|
|IFSC CODE OF THE BRANCH||SBIN0002452|
|BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER (Saving Account)||37646936859|
PEC Contact Information
Master of Engineering Admission
Help Desk Telephone No.: 0172-2753813, 2753814
Contact Info: (From Monday to Friday, 9.00 A.M – 5.00 P.M)
Help Desk Telephone No.: 0172-2753813, 2753814
Contact Info: (From Monday to Friday, 9.00 A.M – 5.00 P.M)
Official Website: pec.ac.in
For More Detail Regarding PEC Admission 2020-
- Download Information Brochure for the course Ph.D.
- Download Previous Year Information Brochure for the course M.Tech
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.