Pondicherry University conducts Entrance Examination for eligible candidates for admission into Postgraduate, PG Diploma course, 5-year Integrated courses, Ph.D courses for the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates have to check eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Application Form is available online for Post Graduate Programme and was to be filled on or before the last date. Candidates can check the complete information of Pondicherry University Admission / Entrance Exam 2019 like application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, selection process etc through this page below.
Pondicherry University Admission 2019
Candidates seeking admission in Pondicherry University have to fill the Application Form online and submit it on or before last date. Important dates regarding Entrance exam are given below.
Schedule for the Pondicherry University MBA Admission 2019 is given below.
|Online Registration starts on||23 Jan 2019|
|Last date for online registration|
|Group Discussion & Personal Interview for MBA||11 to 13 Mar 2019|
|Group Discussion & Personal Interview for MBA(BA)||14 Mar 2019|
|Selection List Declaration||15 Mar 2019|
|Payment of Fees & Admission Confirmation||05 Apr 2019|
|Final Counselling||15 to 17 Apr 2019|
Schedule for the Pondicherry University Post Graduate Programmes Admission 2019 is given below.
|Online Registration starts on||22 Mar 2019|
|Last date for online registration|
|Date of release of admit card||23 May 2019|
|Date of entrance exam||07, 08 & 09 Jun 2019|
|Declaration of Results||19 Jun 2019|
|Selection list||26 Jun – 03 Jul 2019|
|First selection list||08 –
|Second selection list||17 – 18 July 2019|
Click here to check the Vacancy Positions – M.C.A (Puducherry Campus) & M.C.A (Karaikal Campus) Computer Science.
- MBA – Two-year full-time program
- MBA Business Analytics – Two-year full-time self-financing mode
- MBA Part Time – Three-year evening self-financing mode program
- Ph.D. – part-time and full-time programs
- Post Graduate Pogrammes –
- MCA, M.Com., M.Ed., M.Lib.I.S, M.P.Ed., MSW, M.P.A., L.L.M
- PG Diploma Courses
Candidates Selected for GD/PI: Click here to check the list of candidates selected for GD/PI.
Ph.D. Full-time and Part-time – Educational Qualification
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2+3+2 pattern of education (or 10+2+5) and qualified for the Master’s Degree in the subject concerned or in an allied subject and qualifications as prescribed by the regulations for the subject concerned under all the Schools/ Departments/ Centres of Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Commerce, Science, Education, Fine Arts and Languages and such other disciplines of Pondicherry University, or a degree accepted as equivalent by the University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2 pattern of education and qualified for the Master’s degree in the Schools/ Faculties of Law, Engineering and Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or the degree of Doctor of Medicine or Master of Surgery in the Faculty of Medicine/Dentistry/Paramedical of this University or any other University, through regular full time study, recognized by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2 pattern of education and qualified for the Degree of Master of Science of three-year duration in the School/ Faculty of Medicine of this University or of any other University recognized by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates of Indian origin or overseas students who have qualified for a Master’s Degree of an accredited overseas university securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates.
MBA – Any graduate degree with 50% marks is eligible. For reservation candidates belonging to SC/ST, 5% relaxation is applicable.
MBA – Business Analytics – Graduate degree in B. Com/B.com(CA)/ BBA/ BCA/ B.Sc. (Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science) / B.E./B.Tech and Master Degree in the mentioned subjects with 50% marks are eligible to apply. For reservation candidates belonging to SC/ST, 5% relaxation is applicable.
Eligibility Criteria, Seat Intake and Exam Date of Various Courses
Eligibility Criteria and Seat Intake of various subjects of all programmes, along with exam date and time.
Candidates have to fill the Pondicherry University Admission 2019 Application Form online through the University Website www.pondiuni.edu.in. Candidates have to fill the Application Form Separately for each course. For more information regarding Application Form, follow the Application Form page provided above.
The Hall Ticket will be uploaded by the University after the candidates have successfully registered themselves. Candidates must fill the application form correctly, as if there is any incorrect information it may cause delay in the generation of Hall Ticket. The candidate must download his/her hall ticket and produce at the examination centre. The link to download the Hall Ticket will also be provided on our page above.
Mode of Examination
The Entrance Exam will be Online Based Test. The candidates should report in time to the Exam Centre allotted for the entrance exam. After verification of Hall Ticket and other documents, he/ she will be allowed to enter the Test Hall and will be allotted a separate Computer System, User Id and Password. Necessary instructions will be given in advance. Once the candidate logs into the system allotted, the respective question paper will be displayed on the screen and candidate can choose the Correct Answer by clicking on the choice. If the candidate later wants to change the choice already made for a particular question, the old choice can be removed and new Choice made. On completion of answering the questions and/or before leaving the Hall, the candidate should submit by clicking on SUBMIT button on the screen. Once submitted then the candidate cannot redo/continue the test. Question paper will consist of 100 Multiple Choice questions to be answered in 120 minutes duration. A correct answer will be given 4 marks while negative mark of -1 will be given for a wrong answer. (Space for work sheet will be provided on request of the candidates).
The entrance examination for admission to each programme will be held as per the scheduled time table in the following centres provided sufficient number of candidates opt for the given centre. Candidates should indicate 2 centres in the order of preference in the Online application form.The University’s decision on the allotment of centre is final.
Candidates can check the fee structure of various courses from below. Candidates can visit the official website and check the relevant detail or click on the link provided here.
- Click here to look in depth the fee structure of various courses.
About Pondicherry University
Pondicherry University is a Central University established by an Act of Parliament in October 1985. It is an affiliating University with a jurisdiction spread over the Union Territory of Puducherry, Lakshwadeep and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The University’s objectives are to disseminate and advance knowledge by offering teaching and research facilities, to make provisions for studies in French and integrated courses in Humanities and the Sciences, and to promote interdisciplinary studies and research. The University’s motto is ‘Vers la lumière’ meaning ‘towards the light’ The main campus is located at Kalapet, 10 km from the town of Puducherry, in a serene and beautiful campus of 800 acres adjoining the scenic Bay of Bengal.
The University also has campuses at Karaikal and Port Blair which currently offer P.G. and Doctoral programmes.