Pondicherry University Admission 2021 – Pondicherry University has released the notification for the Entrance exam for admission to courses offered by the University for the academic year of 2021-22 is likely to be held on the 2nd of 3rd week of June 2021. Pondicherry University conducts the Entrance Examination for eligible candidates for admission into Postgraduate, PG Diploma, 5-year Integrated, and Ph.D. courses for the academic year 2021-22. Candidates must check eligibility criteria before filling the application form. Admission to the MBA program is done on the basis of CAT score. Candidates can check the complete information of Pondicherry University Admission 2021 like application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, result, selection process, etc through this page below.
Latest: Pondicherry University has released the notification. Check more details below.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021
Candidates seeking admission in Pondicherry University have to fill the Application Form online and submit it on or before last date. Important dates regarding Pondicherry University Admission 2020 are given below.
Schedule for the Pondicherry University PG/ Integrated PG/ Ph.D/ PG Diploma Programmes Admission 2021
|Online Registration starts on||to be announced|
|Last date for online registration||to be announced|
|Date of release of admit card||to be announced|
|Date of entrance exam||2nd or 3rd week of Jun 2021|
|Declaration of Results||to be announced|
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Notification
Click here to download the the admission notification.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for Pondicherry University Admission 2021 from below:
Ph.D. Full-time and Part-time – Educational Qualification
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2+3+2 pattern of education (or 10+2+5) and qualified for the Master’s Degree in the subject concerned or in an allied subject and qualifications as prescribed by the regulations for the subject concerned under all the Schools/ Departments/ Centres of Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Commerce, Science, Education, Fine Arts and Languages and such other disciplines of Pondicherry University, or a degree accepted as equivalent by the University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2 pattern of education and qualified for the Master’s degree in the Schools/ Faculties of Law, Engineering and Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or the degree of Doctor of Medicine or Master of Surgery in the Faculty of Medicine/Dentistry/Paramedical of this University or any other University, through regular full time study, recognized by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates who have studied under 10+2 pattern of education and qualified for the Degree of Master of Science of three-year duration in the School/ Faculty of Medicine of this University or of any other University recognized by this University securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- Candidates of Indian origin or overseas students who have qualified for a Master’s Degree of an accredited overseas university securing a minimum of 55% marks (or equivalent grade).
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade is allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC(non-creamy layer)/differently-abled candidates.
MBA – Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% in case SC/ St category).
MBA – Business Analytics:
- Graduate degree in B. Com/B.com (CA)/ BBA/ BCA/ B.Sc. (Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Science)/ B.E./B.Tech with minimum 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- For reserved category candidates belonging to SC/ST, 5% relaxation is applicable.
For complete Eligibility Criteria and seat intake of Various Courses Click Here.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Exam Pattern
Check the pattern of the entrance exam here.
Mode of test- The exam is conducted in CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
Type of Questions- There are multiple choice question in entrance test.
Duration- Maximum time given to complete the test is 2 hours.
Number of questions- There are 100 questions in entrance exam for Pondicherry University Admission 2021.
Marking Scheme: +4 marks for a correct answer, -1 mark for an incorrect answer.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Application Form
Candidates have to fill the Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Application Form online through the University Website (pondiuni.edu.in). Candidates have to fill the Application Form Separately for each course. To complete the registration process, candidates have to pay the application fee via online mode. After submitting the application form, candidates can take a print out of the acknowledgement page for further use. Check the amount of application given below:
|PG||Rs 300||Nil||Rs 600|
|Ph.D||Rs 300||Nil||Rs 1000|
|MBA||Rs 500||Nil||Rs 1000|
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Hall Ticket
The Pondicherry University will be released the admit card for entrance test. The Hall Ticket shall be uploaded by the University after the candidates have successfully registered themselves. Candidates must fill the application form correctly as if there is any incorrect information it may cause a delay in the generation of Hall Ticket. The candidate must download his/her hall ticket and produce it at the examination centre.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Exam Centres
The entrance examination for admission to each programme will be held as per the scheduled time table in the following centres provided a sufficient number of candidates opt for the given centre. Candidates should indicate 2 centres in the order of preference in the Online application form. The University’s decision on the allotment of centre is final.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Result
The result will be declared by the University on the official website only. Candidates can check the result as per the date mentioned in the schedule table given above. The names of the candidates along with category and total marks has mentioned in the result. The admission is done strictly on the basis of merit.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Selection Procedure
Let us check the selection procedure for all courses.
PG/ PG Diploma (except LLM and M.P.Ed): Entrance Exam marks only
M.P.Ed: Entrance Exam and Physical Fitness Test
MBA: Entrance Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
LLM: Entrance Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Ph.D: Entrance Exam (70%) and Personal Interview & Academic Record (30%). However, NET/JRF qualified candidates with fellowships are given direct admission to Ph.D programmes.
Pondicherry University Admission 2021 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure of various courses from below. Candidates can visit the official website and check the relevant detail or click on the link provided here.
- Click here to look in-depth the fee structure of various courses.
About Pondicherry University
Pondicherry University is a Central University established by an Act of Parliament in October 1985. It is an affiliating University with a jurisdiction spread over the Union Territory of Puducherry, Lakshwadeep and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The University’s objectives are to disseminate and advance knowledge by offering teaching and research facilities, to make provisions for studies in French and integrated courses in Humanities and the Sciences, and to promote interdisciplinary studies and research. The University’s motto is ‘Vers la lumière’ meaning ‘towards the light’ The main campus is located at Kalapet, 10 km from the town of Puducherry, in a serene and beautiful campus of 800 acres adjoining the scenic Bay of Bengal. The University also has campuses at Karaikal and Port Blair which currently offer P.G. and Doctoral programmes.
Official website: pondiuni.edu.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.