The Punjab Agriculture University conducts the PAU entrance exam for admission to all Undergraduate, Masters’ Diploma and Ph.D. programmes. Candidates who are residents of Punjab or Union Territory of Chandigarh are eligible for seeking admission to Punjab Agriculture University for academic session 2018. The application forms for PAU 2018 Entrance Exam is available in both online and offline mode.
Candidates can apply online on the official website of the University or can obtain the application form from the PAU campus counter, Check complete details on PAU 2018 entrance exam from the article below.
Punjab Agricultural University 2018
The Punjab Agriculture University conducts entrance tests such as AAT, CET, MET etc for admission to Undergraduate and Master’s programs. Tentative Schedule for PAU 2018 Entrance Exam
|Event||Last Date||With Late fee Rs 1000/-|
|All programmes having Entrance Test (except MET-MCA)||11 May 2018||18 May 2018|
|MET – MCA 3-year, MCA (Lateral Entry) 2- year||11 May 2018||15 Jun 2018|
|Without Entrance Test
• M.Tech. Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System (GIS)
• Diploma Course in Hybrid Seed Production Technology
• Diploma in Agriculture
|12 Jun 2018||19 Jun 2018|
|Name of the Entrance Test||Dates|
|CET||07 Jun 2018|
|AAT||13 Jun 2018|
|MET- Chemistry||15 Jun 2018|
|MET-AGRIBUSINESS||19 Jun 2018|
|MET-BASIC SCI||19 Jun 2018|
|MET-MBA||22 Jun 2018|
The entrance tests are conducted for admission to the following courses
|AAT (Agriculture Aptitude Test)||B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture 6(2+4) years programme at Bathinda and
Gurdaspur (after matric)
|CET (Common Entrance Test)||
|MET (Master’s Entrance Test)||
Selection list for admission to Two Years Diploma in Agriculture at Ludhiana/Ballowal Saunkhri has been released, candidates can check the same from the officxial website,a direct link to hcek the same is also provided below.
- Click here to check selection list for MBA (Agri-business) programme
- Click here to check selection list for MBA programme
- Click here to check the selection list for Admission to Two Years Diploma in Agriculture at Ludhiana/Ballowal Saunkhri.
Admission Notice for 2 Year Diploma in Agriculture for Vacant Seats
Some seats of 2 YEAR DIPLOMA IN AGRICULTURE at Ludhiana for the academic session, 2018-19 are lying vacant after counseling. The candidates who are the residents of Punjab and Union Territory of Chandigarh and are interested may apply to the Registrar, PAU, Ludhiana up to 6.8.2018 by obtaining the prospectus from Additional Director of Communication, Centre for Communication and International Linkage, PAU, Ludhiana. Candidates are required to deposit the full fee on the spot failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
Fee: Rs. 34,000/- (Approx.) for 1st semester
Date of counselling & Venue: August 08, 2018, Pal Auditorium, College of Agriculture, PAU, Ludhiana
- Candidates must attend counselling failing which their candidature will not be considered for the waiting list.
- Candidates should bring original certificates/testimonials and two sets of photocopies of the following documents (duly self-attested):
- Matriculation Certificate
- Residence Certificate (As per PAU Prospectus, 2018-19)
- Reservation Certificate (if any)
- Character Certificate (issued by Principal of school last attended)
- Two passport size photographs.
- Candidates are required to deposit the full fee in cash on the spot failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
- No separate call letters through post, email/SMS/information will be sent.
Punjab Agriculture University has released a detailed list for Vacant Seats for CET 2018 for General Category for rank No.701 onwards. First Counselling of CET 2018 to fill following vacant seats (General Category only) in undergraduate programmes was scheduled to be held on July 12, 2018.
|Name of programme||Vacant Seats|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Nutrition & Dietetics||4|
|B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science||24|
|5-year integrated M.Sc. (Hons) programmes||–|
- Click here to check Vacant seats – 2nd Counselling of College of Agricultural Engineering and Technology.
- Click here to check Vacant seats – 2nd Counselling of College of Agriculture.
- Click here to check Vacant Seats – 2nd Counselling of AAT 2018.
- Click here to check Vacant Seats – 2nd Counselling of College of Basic Sciences & Humanities.
- Click Here to check Vacant Seats for CET 2018 for General Category for rank No.701 onwards.
- The fee at the time of counselling can also be paid through on-line system through Internet Banking, credit card, debit card, etc. However, it may be ensured to maintain the balance in bank account and the sufficient limit for such a transaction. This may not be confused with the ATM cash withdrawal limit. For any information regarding the limit of your online transaction, contact your bank branch.
- The fee will be accepted in full through one mode only (either cash or online mode).
- The candidates in their own interest are advised to ensure on-the-spot payment at the time of counselling failing which the seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate.
PAU Entrance Exam 2018 Application Form
The application form for Punjab Agriculture University, is available in online and offline mode. Read all the instructions carefully before filling in details in the application form. Also, the applications must be submitted before the due date. In the application form candidates need to provide their personal details (Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Address, Mobile Number, Category, Date of Birth etc). Specify the program in which the candidate wishes to take admission. Along with the personal details, candidates also need to provide the qualification details. The photograph must be uploaded or affixed on the application. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
(i) Online Mode
- Applicants have to pay Rs. 5320/- for each Entrance Test that includes the cost of downloaded application form / Prospectus.
- A valid unique E-mail ID is necessary for uploading each application form.
(ii) Offline Mode
Applicants have to pay Rs.3820/- for each Entrance Test(Rs.500/- for the additional option in MET-Agri. MET-Home Science) in addition to the cost of the Prospectus (Rs.2120/- at the Counter or ` 2260/-by Post)
PAU Admit Card 2018
The admit card for PAU 2018 has been available online on the official website of the PAU i..e pau-apms.in. The examines will have to enter their Date of Birth, Student UID or Prospectus Number to download the admit card. The PAU Admit Card 2018 has been issued to only those students who will submit the application form duly completed in all aspects before the due date. It is mandatory for students to bring their admit card in order to appear for the entrance exam.
For Agriculture Aptitude Test (AAT)
The test shall be of one and half hour duration comprising of 100 multiple choice questions each of one mark to be attempted on OMR sheet. Each correct answer will carry one mark whereas 1/4 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. The medium of question paper will be both in English and Punjabi. The question paper shall have four sections as under:
Section-I: Agriculture Aptitude: It will consist of 50 questions.
Section-II: General Science: It will consist of 30 questions.
Section-III: General English: It will consist of 10 questions.
Section-IV: Mathematics: It will consist of 10 questions.
For Common Entrance Test (CET)
The test shall comprise one paper of three hours’ duration. The question paper will have three sections as under:
- Compulsory sections:
Physics: 66 questions of one mark each.
Chemistry: 66 questions of one mark each.
These two sections are compulsory for all candidates.
- Section with option Mathematics/Biology/Agriculture/Home Science 68 questions of one mark each for Biology or Agriculture or Home Science or 34 questions of two marks each for Mathematics.
- The candidate can opt for any of these four options. The optional subject in which the candidate wants to appear must be mentioned at Sr, No. 6 of the application form.
- Each correct answer will carry one mark whereas 1/4 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. The weightage for the correct and incorrect answer will be double in case of Mathematics subject.
- The medium of question paper will be English only.
For Masters’ Entrance Test (MET): To check the details of MET Test Structure Click Here
AAT (Agriculture Aptitude Test)
(For admission to B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture 6(4+2) year programme)
Section-I: Agriculture Aptitude
Knowledge of candidates in vernacular language about the land measurements, cultivation of various Rabi and Kharif crops, fruits and vegetables, important fertilizers, farm hand tools, implements, weeds and also about general agriculture and allied activities.
Section-II: General Science
The syllabi will be the same as the syllabus for 9th and 10th standard of Punjab School Education Board/ Central Board of Secondary Education / Indian Certificate Secondary Education.
Section-III: General English The syllabi will be the same as the syllabus for 9th and 10th standard of Punjab School Education Board/ Central Board of Secondary Education / Indian Certificate Secondary Education.
Section-IV: Mathematics The syllabi will be the same as the syllabus for 9th and 10th standard of Punjab School Education Board/ Central Board of Secondary Education / Indian Certificate Secondary Education.
CET (Common Entrance Test)
The syllabi of Common Entrance Test (CET) will be the same as the syllabi of 10+2 of Punjab
School Education Board (both years i.e., +1 and +2).
MET(Master’s Entrance Test)
PAU Result 2018
The PAU result 2018 will be published online on the university official website at pau.edu.in. After the declaration of result, qualified candidates will be called for counseling. The PAU Counselling shall be conducted in two rounds for the eligible candidates. The selected candidates, need to fill a white application form that will be uploaded on its official website along with the result. It is important that candidates should appear/ participate in counseling in-person along with all the prescribed documents.
For More information about PAU admissions – Download Brochure