|Times Group Bennett University Admission 2018||Apply Now for UG / PG Courses|
SGGSWU Admission 2017 – Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University has released notification for admission to the various UG, PG, Ph.D programmes for the academic year 2017-2018. Details of SGGSWU Admission 2017 important dates, application form, course offered, eligibility criteria are given here for interested candidates.
SGGSWU Admission 2017
SGGSWU offers admission to various UG, PG, Diploma & Degree programmes for the academic year 2017-2018. SGGSWU will conduct the entrance exam for admission to the Ph.D programmes. Eligible candidates who interested to apply for SGGSWU Admission 2017 can fill and submit the application form on or before the last date.
|Schedule for courses other than Ph.D Programme|
|Admission starts from||01 Apr 2017|
|Last date for Submission of Application Form without late fee||13 June 2017|
|Last date for Submission of Application Form with late fee of Rs. 500/-||27 June 2017|
|Counselling for registration cum admissions starts w.e.f. 01 Apr 2017 on first cum first serve basis.|
|Integrated Courses||11 July 2017|
|Under Graduate Courses||11 July 2017|
|Post Graduate Courses||18 July 2017|
|Last Date for Admission – Undergraduate Courses||14 Aug 2017|
|Last Date for Admission – Postgraduate Courses||31 Aug 2017|
|Schedule for Ph.D Programme|
|Date of Submission without late fee||10 July 2017|
|Date of Submission with late fee of Rs. 500/-||24 July 2017|
|Entrance Test||28 July 2017|
|Result||03 Aug 2017|
|Interviews||08 Aug – 10 Aug 2017|
|Display of List of Selected Candidates||14 Aug 2017|
|Verification of Documents and Payment of Fee||17 Aug – 18 Aug 2017|
Application form for SGGSWU Admission 2017 is available on the university website at (www.sggswu.edu.in). The direct link to download application form of SGGSWU Admission 2017 is given below. The Candidates can download the Application Form and submit it with the requisite fee through a Bank Draft in favor of Admission Cell, Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University (Fatehgarh Sahib)-140406 (Punjab).
Submission of Complete Application
- Admission Form duly filled in and signed, along with the prescribed documents only would be considered as complete admission form.
- All the particulars required in the Form must be filled in and no column should be left blank.
- Separate Form should be filled for each course.
- Original certificates are required to be produced at the time of counselling.
- Each candidate must indicate, the reservation category, if applicable, of the seat for which he/she has applied in his/ her Admission Form. A certificate of reserved category issued by the competent authority must be attached with the form, on or before the last date of submission of admission form. No benefit of reservation will be given if reservation category is not mentioned in the admission form. The candidate will be considered for the general category in such cases.
- Complete Admission Form is to be submitted before or by the due date or with late fee by the date mentioned, in person, or through registered post or speed post at the following address:
Sri Guru Granth Sahib World University,
Fatehgarh Sahib-140406 (Punjab)
- The University will not take any responsibility for any postal delay or loss in transit of the Admission Form/ documents.
- Applications incomplete in any manner or without requisite documents or those received after due date shall not be entertained.
- The Admission Cell will remain open on all working days between Monday to Saturday from 9.30 am. to 4.30 pm.
- Candidates may obtain an acknowledgment for submission of Admission Form and attached documents submitted to the University.
Documents to be Attached with Admission Form
- Self-attested Photostat copy of Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate bearing testimony to date of birth.
- Self-attested Photostat copy of Detailed Marks Card of the qualifying examination, or evidence of having appeared in the qualifying examination.
- Character certificate issued by the Principal of the school/college last attended.
- Four recent passport size self-attested photographs. Photographs should be pasted with glue on the Form at specified places (Please do not use staple pins).
- Domicile/ Reserved category certificate, as per format given on the University website, wherever applicable.
- Candidates with a gap of one year or more will have to submit an affidavit to the satisfaction of the Admission Committee that he/ she was not involved in any UMC or other questionable activity during the gap period.
- Persons with Disability must submit a certificate issued by the Chief Medical Officer of the concerned district, which should clearly indicate the extent of disability. The candidate with minimum 40% permanent disability is eligible for admission under this category. Format is given on the University website.
- Admission Form must be filled in and signed by the candidate in his/her own handwriting and duly countersigned by the father or guardian.
- Eligibility criteria for admission to different courses are given under the relevant sub-heads of the Prospectus. Candidates belonging to SC/ST and differently abled (Physically & Visually Challenged Person(s) provided they produce a medical certificate of at least 40% physical disability) shall be allowed relaxation of 5% marks in the aggregate percentage. Fractional round off to higher whole number is allowed viz 49.5% and above will be rounded off to 50%.
- Candidates who have been awarded grades in the qualifying examination have to produce the required conversion formula for converting the grades scored by them into percentage marks. In case it is not available from the concernedorganization, the Admission Committee will decide the weightage.
- Candidates who are due to appear or have appeared in the qualifying examination or any other examination considered as equivalent thereof, and the result is not available, may also apply for admission but the result of the qualifying examination must be submitted at the time of counselling or on the last date of admission, failing which they will have no claim whatsoever for admission.
- Any certificate/ degree/ diploma obtained from a fake University, Board, Council, Institution, College, etc. as notified by the University Grants Commission (UGC) or any other authority, shall not be considered as a basis for admission to any course of the University. If a candidate applies/ takes admission on such basis, his/her candidature shall be cancelled, as and when it comes to the notice of the University Management.
- Personal appearance of the candidate in counselling is mandatory for admission. He/She must produce original certificates/ testimonials/ documents at that time.
Admission according to eligibility criteria, will be made as per the following procedure, subject to the Reservation Policy given in the Prospectus:
- 75% seats in all B.Tech/M. Tech. (Five-Year Integrated Courses) after 10+2 will be filled on merit list prepared on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognized Board/Council.
- 25% seats will be filled on the basis of JEE merit.
- 75% seats in MBA/M. Tech (2-Year after graduation) courses will be filled on merit list prepared on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination from a recognized University.
- 25% seats of MBA (2-Year after graduation) will be filled as per merit ranking on the basis of CMAT and M. Tech (2-Year after graduation) on the basis of percentile in GATE.
- All seats in other courses will be filled on merit, prepared on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination.
Note: If seats under 75% or 25% categories remain unfilled, the admission will be categorywise interchangeable, subject to overall Reservation Policy.
- Admission to Ph.D. course in different disciplines will be as per UGC guidelines. Entrance Test will be conducted for admission. Number of seats in different disciplines will be notified before the entrance test.
- Weightage respectively of 1%, 2% and 3% of marks obtained in the qualifying examination will be given to holders of A, B and C certificates for boys and G1, G2 or G3 certificates for girls for NCC, NSS, Youth Activities, subject to a maximum of 6% of the marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
In the case of a tie among candidates securing equal marks on the merit list, the same will be broken in accordance with the following criteria:
- Candidate senior in age shall rank higher in order of merit.
- In the case of a tie in age also, the candidate getting higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination shall be ranked higher in order of merit.
The list of selected candidates and those placed on the ‘Waiting list’, for admission to various courses shall be displayed on the Notice Board. The selected candidates shall have to deposit total fee by the prescribed date, failing which their admission shall stand cancelled and the vacated seat will be offered to the next candidate on merit.
Initially the admission will be provisional. It will be regularized subject to the verification of all eligibility conditions mentioned in the Prospectus. If on verification at any stage, it is found that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his/ her admission will be cancelled and he/ she will have no claim whatsoever against the University.
Maximum age limit for admission to undergraduate courses is twenty one years and for post graduate courses is twenty six years (Any special case for extension in age-limit by one year shall be referred to Dean, Academic Affairs or Vice Chancellor). There will be a relaxation of one year in the maximum age limit for admission through Lateral entry to respective courses. No relaxation in age will be permissible for pursuing second masters degree.
For Complete Details Regarding SGGSWU Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.