Chitkara University has released notification for the eligible candidates to admission in various UG and PG programme at Chitkara University for the academic year 2018-19. University is of the view that regular attendance of the classes would go a long way in ensuring that a student derives full benefit from the academic delivery at the University. Accordingly, University lays a lot of emphasis on regular attendance of the classes. To be eligible for any university course examination, 75% attendance is mandatory. Candidates can check the complete detail of Chitkara University Admission 2018 application process, eligibility and other information on this page below.
Chitkara University Admission 2018
Candidates can download their application form for the various programme from the official website www.chitkara.edu.in. The admission process is different for all the courses candidates are adviced must check the eligibility criteria for various programmes from here.
Candidates are required to ensure that they submit the duly filled Application Form along with the relevant documents in the enclosed self-addressed envelope to reach on or before the last date of submitting the completed application form. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted.
Download the application form of the programme in which you are interested to take admission from the University website www.chitkara.edu.in and send it to Chitkara University Admissions Office along with the required documents.
Candidates have to pay the requisite amount of application fee through prescribed mode only.
Note: Application form may also be available in Online mode check official site for more details
For MBA Course
- The candidate should have completed the Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 50 % aggregate marks in any stream from a recognized university.
- The candidate appearing in the final year examination can apply but the candidate must have secured minimum 50% (aggregate) marks till the previous year’s examination.
However, the candidate must submit his/her graduation completion certificates by September 30, 2017, failing which he/she shall be de-registered.
- Candidate having compartment in any subject will not be considered.
- Having work experience is not a requirement for admission to the program.
For M.E Programs (CS & ECE)
- Candidate having BE/BTech[Electronics /Electrical /CSE/IT] or MSc[CS]/MSc[IT]/MSc (Electronics] or MCA with 60% marks or CGPA of 6 on a scale of 10
For M.E Programs (Construction Technology & Management)
- Candidate should have passed B.E. / B.Tech / AMIE in Civil Engineering with minimum C.G.P.A of 5 / 50% marks from the Government / UGC recognized University.
For M.E Programs (Mechanical Engineering)
- Candidate should have passed B.E. / B.Tech / AMIE in Mechanical Engineering with minimum C.G.P.A of 6 / 60% marks on a scale of 10.
For Doctoral Programme (Business Management/Engineering/Science)
A candidate is eligible for Admission and Registration for PhD program provided he/ she has qualified:
- For the award of Master’s Degree of any recognized University/other qualification in a relevant discipline. The minimum qualifying marks are 60% at Post Graduation level (55% in case of reserved categories
- In the Entrance Examination conducted by the University at the national level on the pattern of UGC followed by interview.
For Doctoral Programme (Pharmaceutical Sciences)
- A degree in M. Pharm with minimum 60% aggregate marks
- A degree in B. Pharm with 60% marks or equivalent grade point average
- At least two years of executive/managerial/academic experience in the relevant area as on 30th June 2014.
- In addition, GPAT qualified candidates will be given weight in the selection process.
For Eligibility criteria of rest of the programmes – Click Here
For MBA Programme: Admission to the MBA Program at Chitkara Business School is based on the merit ranking in CAT / MAT / NMAT / XAT / CMAT score followed by group discussions and personal interview. Applicants who have not taken any of the above-mentioned entrance examinations shall have to take Chitkara University Test with group discussions and personal interview. The decision of the jury will be final.
For Doctoral Programme (Pharmaceutical Sciences): The candidates short-listed on the basis of their academic record and relevant industry experience will appear in written test to be conducted by the University
For M.Pharma Programmes: Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of entrance exam followed by an interview.
M.A in Journalism: Candidates will be selected on the basis of interview.
For Selection process of rest of the programmes – Click Here
Instruction to Candidates
Candidates should note the following :
- Incomplete Admission forms will not be accepted.
- All admissions are given on provisional basis subject to the verification of eligibility for the
course as laid down by the University.
- Since no mid-course admissions can be made by the University to fill a vacancy caused by mid
course withdrawal. No objection certificate or Migration/Transfer Certificate for a mid course
withdrawal to a student of any category including child/ward of NRI/ International students
shall only be given by the University to a student after he/she has deposited the balance years
fees and any other dues outstanding to the University.
- Candidates must bring all the original certificates with them at the time of submission of fee.
- It is mandatory for the applicant to keep a photocopy of the application form before submission.
Please ensure that you carry the photocopy for the selection process.
- Last date of receipt of application form shall be notified on www.chitkara.edu.in.
- Candidates are advised to visit the University website www.chitkara.edu.in regularly for
Fee Structure for MBA
For all other Courses
Official website – www.chitkara.edu.in.