|Exam||Last Date||Apply Now|
|CAT||25 Sep 2017||Click Here|
|SNAP||24 Nov 2017||Click Here|
|NMAT||03 Oct 2017||Click Here|
|XAT||30 Nov 2017||Click Here|
Chitkara University has released notification for the eligible candidates to admission in various UG and PG programme at Chitkara University for the academic year 2017-18. Candidates can fill their application on time. Candidates can check the complete detail of Chitkara University Admission 2017 application process, eligibility and other information on this page below.
Chitkara University Admission 2017
Candidates can download their application form for various programme from the official website www.chitkara.edu.in. Those who fill their application successfully they will be eligible to download the admit card for entrance test and will call for interview.
University is of the view that regular attendance of the classes would go a long way in ensuring that a student derives full benefit from the academic delivery at the University. Accordingly, University lays a lot of emphasis on regular attendance of the classes. To be eligible for any university course examination, 75% attendance is mandatory.
Eligibility & Fee Structure
For MBA Course
- The candidate should have completed the Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 50 % aggregate marks in any stream from a recognized university.
- The candidate appearing in the final year examination can apply but the candidate must have secured minimum 50% (aggregate) marks till the previous year’s examination.
However, the candidate must submit his/her graduation completion certificates by September 30, 2017 failing which he/she shall be de-registered.
- Candidate having compartment in any subject will not be considered.
- Having work experience is not a requirement for admission to the program.
For all other Courses
- 25% of the seats are reserved for bonafide candidates of Himachal Pradesh in Chitkara University Himachal Pradesh.
- 15% seats are exclusively reserved for the candidates of Punjab Domicile in Chitkara University, Punjab.
- The allocation of seats for the reserved categories (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Physically Handicapped/Others) shall be as per the policy of the State Government.
The aim of the counseling process is to extend a helping hand to potential scholars and facilitate their search for the program of their choice.
Candidate would have to personally appear before the Counseling committee on the date and time specified. Failure to do so will result in rejection of the application. The candidates would be required to be in possession of the documents as given in the IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS at the time of counseling.
Allocation of Seats
The seats in the various programs will be allotted based on merit- ranking of the student in the specified entrance test subject to fulfilling the minimum eligibility criteria for the program and the preferences indicated in the counseling form at the time of counseling (as per availability of seats).
Payment of Fees and Confirmation of Seat
Students will be admitted only after receipt of full fee at the time of counseling.
- The fee shall be paid either in cash or by Demand Draft in favour of “Chitkara University” payable at Chandigarh. Cheques shall NOT be accepted.
- All enrolled students have to pay their fee twice a year in the months notified by the university.
- Delayed payment of fee will attract a fine as per the rules and regulations of the University.
Cancellation of Seat
A candidate, who does not report for the registration in person on the date of registration as notified in the academic calendar, shall forfeit his/her seat and his/her name will be struck off from the rolls of the University. The admission of the candidate, whose eligibility after verification is not as per norms, also stands cancelled.
Instruction to Candidates
Candidates should note the following :
- Attested copies of the following documents must be attached with the admission form:
- Certificate and Mark Sheet of Class X & XII.
- Certificate and Mark Sheet of graduation (only for post graduate programs).
- Migration certificate from the Board/University last attended.
- Rank card of qualifying examinations, if result is not declared then attach Admit Card (where ever applicable).
- Character certificate as per the format given on the website.
- Medical fitness certificate as per the format given on the website.
- Reserve category certificate, if applicable.
- Affidavit signed by Executive Magistrate/ Notary Public required in case of gap in the studies for not being involved in any criminal activities during the gap period.
- Incomplete Admission forms will not be accepted.
- Attach two additional passport sized recent photographs with your name & date of birth clearly written on the reverse. The photographs need not to be attested.
- The marks will not be rounded off to determine the eligibility criteria e.g. 59.99 % will not be considered equivalent to 60.00%.
- If two or more candidates have equal marks in the qualifying examination then marks of the next lower examination will be taken into consideration. In case there is any tie then the candidate senior in age will be given preference.
- All admissions are given on provisional basis subject to the verification of eligibility for the program as laid down by the University.
- Since no mid-course admissions can be made by the University to fill a vacancy caused by mid course withdrawal. No objection certificate or Migration/Transfer Certificate for a mid course withdrawal to a student of any category including child/ward of NRI/ International students shall only be given by the University to a student after he/she has deposited the balance years fees and any other dues outstanding to the University.
- Candidates must bring the Photostat copy of the application form filled and all the original certificates with them at the time of counseling. Failure to do so will debar them from attending the counseling process.
All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidate.
- All disputes will be subject to jurisdiction of the Courts at Chandigarh City only.
- Last date of receipt of application form shall be notified on www.chitkara.edu.in.
- Candidates are advised to visit the University website www.chitkara.edu.in regularly for the updates.
- Kindly submit the application form along with relevant documents in the enclosed self-addressed envelope. Students applying for the B.E. program should also submit the OMR sheet along with the application form. OMR sheet should not be stapled or folded.
For more details candidates refer to official website – http://www.chitkara.edu.in/admissions/