Punjabi University Admission 2021: The application form for admission to various courses offered by Punjabi University, Patiala has been released online by the University. Candidates possessing the desired qualifications can apply for undergraduate, postgraduate, certificate, diploma courses on University’s official website, pupadmissions.ac.in. For some courses, there is an entrance test, while for others admissions are granted on the merit of the qualifying exam. Get complete details regarding Punjabi University Admission 2021 by scrolling down this page.
Latest: The Application Form is available for various Courses given below. Click here to apply.
– M. Tech. Computer Engineering (Regular) AICTE Approved in Department of CSE (Engineering Wing)
– M. Tech. Civil (Structural, Transportation), Electronics & Communication and Mechanical Engineering Main Campus Patiala
– MBA (Regular Course) 2021
– B.Tech. Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in 2nd year
– Six Year Integrated B.Tech. M.B.A. Programme
– Lateral Entry in Six Years Engineering Management Integrated Programme
– B.Tech. Four Years
Punjabi University Admission 2021
The application form can be filled online as per schedule. All the courses available at Patiala Campus and its Regional and Neighbourhood Campuses have been classified into 4 categories. Selection procedure varies for each of these categories. The candidate can scroll down to check the same.
Schedule of Punjabi University Admission 2021
|Courses||Application Form||Last date without late fee||Last date with late fee|
|General Courses After Graduation||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|Bachelor Courses and Five Year Integrated Course after 10+2 in any stream||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|M. Pharmacy||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|Master of Physiotherapy (MPT)||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|M. Tech. Yadavindra College Of Engineering, Talwandi Sabo||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|M. Tech. Computer Engineering (Regular) AICTE Approved in Department of CSE (Engineering Wing)||Available||to be announced||to be announced|
|M. Tech. Civil (Structural, Transportation) , Electronics & Communication and Mechanical Engineering Main Campus Patiala||Available||to be announced||to be announced|
|M. Tech. Computer Science & Engineering (AICTE Approved) and M.Tech. Artificial Intelligence and Data Science||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|LL.M.||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|M. Ed.||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
|MBA||Available||Regular – 16 Jul 2021|
Correspondence – to be announced
|Regular – 28 Jul 2021|
Correspondence – to be announced
|B.Tech. Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in 2nd year||Available||to be announced||to be announced|
|Six Year Integrated B.Tech. M.B.A. Programme||Available||to be announced||to be announced|
|Lateral Entry in Six Years Engineering Management Integrated Programme||Available||to be announced||to be announced|
|B.Tech. Four Years||Available||to be announced||to be announced|
|B.Tech. Four Years Yadavindra College of Engineering, Punjabi University, Guru Kashi Campus Talwandi Sabo||to be announced||to be announced||to be announced|
Punjabi University Admission 2021 Application form
There are broad categories of courses under Punjabi university for the academic year 2021-22. The candidates can check the procedure of filling Online Application form from the steps given below.
Step-1: Registration Procedure
- Open pupadmissions.ac.in.
- Select the Course Category in which you seek admission
- Fill the Registration Form Online – kindly fill your particulars as Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Category (SC/ST or General and all others), Mobile No., e-mail address, etc.
- Make payment using one of the following mode:
Online Debit/Credit Card/ Net Banking
Step 2: Fill Online Application Form
- Open pupadmissions.ac.in and open the Application Form by logging on Apply button in the concerned course category using your User id generated at the end of successful registration
or Proceed from Registration Step.
- Fill the Application Form Online and provide information regarding your academic record, reservation category, etc.
- After completion of the Application Form click on the Save button.
Step 3: Edit Your Application Form
- The registered candidates can edit information filled by them in the Application Form for limited period using User id and password issued to them.
- Once the Application Fee payment status is confirmed you are issued User Id and Password. The intimation about this is made through SMS/e-mail alerts.
- Candidates making payment using Online Net Banking option or Credit/ Debit Card options will be issued User Id and Password immediately after confirmation of the payment by the gateway.
Step-4 Print The Form
Registered candidates whose payment has been confirmed and who have successfully completed step 2, can print their application forms for their personal record, using User Id and Password.
|The application fee (without late fee ) for different types of Courses is as follows:|
|Courses in which Admission is without Entrance Test||Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 700/- for SC/ ST)|
|B.Tech. Four Year [CSE, ECE, ECM, ME, Civil] at Patiala Campus||Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1400/- for SC/ST)|
|Ph.D.||Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1400/- for SC/ST)|
Punjabi University Admission 2021 Categories of Courses
All the programmes have been broadly divided amongst following 3 categories.
- M. A., M. Sc., MCA (2 Years), MCA (2 Years with Bridge Course), PG Dip, B. Lib. and Information Science, M. Lib. and Information Science, Diploma/ Certificate Courses, M. P. Ed. (2 Years), MBA (Dual Degree) (Direct Admission Without Entrance Test), MBA (International Business) (Direct Admission Without Entrance Test), M. Pharmacy, Master of Physiotherapy
- B. A. and other Bachelor Level Courses in Neighbourhood Campuses, Five Year Integrated Courses in Neighbourhood Campuses, B.A. (Hons.) in Journalism, Mass Communication & Media Technology (3 Years), M.A. (Hon’s) in TV and Film Production (FYIC) Centre for Advanced Media Studies, B. Pharmacy, BPT and M. Sc. Hon’s In Botany (FYIC)
- Certificate Courses and M. Tech. at YCoE, Talwandi Sabo , etc.
- M.Tech. in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science (Direct Admission Without Entrance Test)
in which Admission is on the basis of Merit in qualifying Class (No Entrance Test)
Category II: M.Tech. (CSE, ECE, ME & Civil), First year of B. Tech. Four Years (CSE, ECE, ECM, ME & Civil), B.Tech. Lateral Entry for Diploma Holders in 2nd year, Six Year Integrated (First Year), Lateral Entry in Five Years Engineering Management Integrated Programme (Second Year)
Category III: Category III: M.Ed./M.Tech./LL.M/M.Sc. Hon’s In Biotechnology And Microbial And Food Technology/MBA/M.Com. Hon’s (Five Year Integrated Programme)/M.Com & M.Com (Finance)/M.Sc. Hon’s In Botany (2 Years)/B.Sc. (Mathematics & Computing) And B.Sc. Hon’s In Mathematics/M.Sc. Mathematics & M.Sc. (Applied Mathematics & Computing)
- Admission is on the Merit basis
Punjabi University Admission 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Only those candidates who meet the eligibility criteria are eligible for admission. Check the detailed eligibility criteria from the points given below.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech
Passed out students of 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects, are admitted on the basis of their merit in JEE (Main) – 2020 entrance test or 12th Basis as per the schedule and guidelines notified through University website from time to time. If the seats remain vacant after allotment to the applicants based on JEE (Main) 2020 entrance test, these seats are offered to passed out students of 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects, having aggregate marks of 60% for general category and 55% for SC/ST and disabled candidates.
Eligibility criteria of M.tech (Computer Science)
- GATE qualified candidates are given absolute preference over the candidates qualifying in the entrance test. GATE qualified candidates merit is prepared as per GATE score. GATE qualified candidates are exempted from the Entrance test. However, GATE qualified candidates have to submit the application for admission and must attach the valid score card along with the application at the time of counseling.
- Admission to Vacant seats after admitting GATE candidates is made purely on the merit of M.Tech. entrance test, to be conducted by Punjabi University, Patiala
Eligibility criteria of MBA
- MBA (Regular): Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST and Physically Handicapped with at least 40% disability)
- MBA (Correspondence Course): Bachelor’s/Master’s in any discipline with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) or the final examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or equivalent or Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India or equivalent with working experience of one year.
Eligibility Criteria For MPT
- Admission to the MPT course shall be based on the merit list prepared by Punjabi University, Patiala.
- The admission shall be open for the candidates who have qualified BPT examination with 50% marks from a recognized University/Board/Institution.
- The candidate should have completed an internship before the date of counseling for admission to MPT.
Eligibility criteria of MCA
Candidates who have passed the Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline of the statutory University with 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ST and physically handicapped with atleast 40% disability). The candidates must have passed the senior secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination or higher degree examination with Mathematics/Statistics/Business Mathematics/Business Statistics / QuantitativeTechniques /or equivalent as compulsory/optional/ additional subject or paper.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Sc. in Computer Science, Statistics and Mathematics (CSM)
- Who has passed 10+2 examination of Punjab School Education Board or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto with Mathematics as one of the subjects and having at least 50% marks in aggregate. In case of SC/ST candidate the percentage required shall be 45% marks in aggregate.
- Who has been declared to reappear in not more than one subject (other than Mathematics) in 10+2 examination of P.S.E.B. or any other examination recognized as equivalent there to with Mathematics as one of the subjects and having at least 50% marks in aggregate. In case of SC/ST candidate the percentage required shall be 45% marks in aggregate. But such candidates shall have to clear reappear subject in the supplementary examination of the same year, failing which his/her admission to B.Sc. (CSM) Part-I course shall automatically stand canceled.
Others Courses Eligibility
- Generally, a graduate in related discipline having 50% (SC/ST 45%) marks is eligible for admission to the Post-graduate courses in the University/Regional Centres/Neighbourhood Campuses. To confirm see the details of a particular department because there may be a difference. For admission to the M.Sc. courses in various science faculties only those students are eligible for admission who have studied science subjects for three years at the graduate level. However, specific pre-requisite for each course has been given with detailed information of respective departments. Candidates belonging to the following categories shall be allowed a relaxation of 5% in the aggregate percentage. a) Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe b) Physically handicapped, provided that they produce a medical certificate that they have at least 40% physical disability.
- Weightage to the marks obtained in the concerned subject at the qualifying examination level is given for admission to postgraduate courses in the respective departments as per rules laid by the university.
- Candidates who have been awarded grades in the qualifying examination shall be required to produce conversion formula for converting the scored grades into percentage marks. In case conversion formula from the concerned organisation is not available a committee comprising of Dean, Academic Affairs, Dean of the Faculty and Head of the Department decide the weightage.
- Where a candidate wants to take the benefit of any additional subject in the total percentage of qualifying examination, the marks of any other subject may be substituted by the marks in the additional subject to the best advantage of the candidate.
- Where the candidate has passed B.A. examination under M.I.L. Ordinance, if the candidate so desires, his percentage may be calculated by adding the marks obtained by him/her in Gyani/Prabhakar examination to the marks secured by him/her in B.A. examination and his merit be determined accordingly.
- A candidate who has passed the qualifying examination and his/her result is still awaited, may apply subject to the condition that he/she submits the result or proof of meeting the eligibility requirements at the time of interview. His/her candidature is cancelled in case of nonsubmission of result and fulfilling eligibility norms by the required date.
- To be eligible for admission to a course, a candidate must meet other specific requirements of admission, if any, laid down by the concerned Departments.
- The candidate who has already passed M.A./ LL.B. course is not eligible to join any other M.A. course at Punjabi University campus, Patiala. However, LL.B. pass students can take admission in M.A. Social Work.
- A candidate who has already availed of hostel facility during any course completed earlier from this University is not allowed hostel accommodation if he/she is granted admission in other disciplines.
- Eligibility for evening Certificate/Diploma Courses: All the eligible candidates are entitled to admission. A prescribed fee is charged from the students.
- The admission committee of the department shall reserve the right to reject the candidature of any student seeking admission to the department keeping in view the antecedents and conduct of the student.
- In the case of admission of such students against whom disciplinary action has been taken in the past, their application form for admission are considered after reviewing by the office of Dean Students Welfare and approval of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Eligibility for admission to courses is given under the serving department/centre/ campus.
- In case of admission to M.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication and Music 70% weightage is given to marks of the qualifying examination and 30% to the relevant aptitude test in the respective subjects. Admission is made on the basis of combined scores of a 70:30 ratio. Graduation degree with 50% marks is the eligibility for admission in the courses also.
Punjabi University Admission 2021 Admit Card
Punjabi University releases the Admit card after the application process has completed. Admit Card is available online at the official website of the University. Candidates can download their admit cards by visiting the official website. Only those who fill the application form on time are able to download their admit cards. A direct link is also going to be provided here to download the admit card.
Punjabi University Admission 2021 Answer Key
Punjabi University publishes the Answer Keys for various courses, which can be checked by visiting the official website of the University. Answer Key is made available online. Candidates can download the answer key by visiting the official website or direct link to download the answer key is also published here. Answer Key is provided in PDF format.
Following documents are to be carried at the time of interview/counselling.
- On the day of the interview, the candidates are advised to bring the Self-attested Photocopies of all certificates regarding:-
- DMC of all examinations,
- Character certificate from the institution last attended,
- Gap certificate (if any),
- Necessary certificate from the employer (for employed candidates only),
- Residence/ domicile certificate,
- Certificate for availing the benefit of a reserved category/ additional seat (Latest and signed by the competent issuing authorities),
- Any other documentation supporting your candidature as per University Online Admission Brochure.
Official Website: pupadmissions.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.