RIE CEE 2020 – Regional Institute of Education has released the rank card for various UG and PG courses. Candidates can download it online from the official website, which is cee.ncert.gov.in. The exam of RIE CEE 2020 has been cancelled. The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts the Regional Institute of Education Common Entrance Examination (RIE CEE) for centralized online admission. Applicants must fulfill the required Eligibility Criteria for respective courses. The application form is available only in online mode. For getting more details about RIE CEE 2020 to follow this article.
- Candidates applied for B.Ed. and M.Ed. in RIE, Ajmer, can now login and download the rank cards
- Last date for entering Qualifying Examination Marks for B.Ed. and M.Ed. in RIE, Ajmer is January 05, 2021.
- Candidates applied for B.Ed. in NERIE, Shillong can download the rank cards under Login Portal. Click here to download it.
- Candidates applied for B.Ed. and M.Ed. in RIE, Bhubaneswar can now login and download the rank cards.
RIE CEE 2020
Candidates need to submit their marks for Qualifying Examination at the time of filling Application Form before the last date of submission. To stay updated with the important events related to RIE CEE 2020 Examination follow the below given table:
|RIE CEE 2020||Important Dates|
|RIE CEE 2020 Registration starts||Starts!|
|RIE CEE 2020 Registration ends|
|Link to update the obtained and maximum marks||Available!|
|RIE CEE 2020 Admit Card download|
|RIE CEE 2020 Exam date|
RIE CEE 2020 Result / Rank Card
Result for RIE CEE 2020 is released online on the official website.Candidates can check their Results/Rank Card using their User Id and Password. While preparing RIE CEE 2020 Result 60% weightage is given to RIE CEE Score and 40% weightage, is of marks in Qualifying Examination. Result is declared in two groups – (B.Sc, B.Ed/ B.A B.Ed/ M.Sc.Ed and B.Ed/ B.D M.Ed / M.Ed Ed). Candidates need to enter their Qualifying marks for the same before the last date, else these marks are not added in the generation of Rank List. Shortly after the Result declaration Selected candidates are called for Counselling to complete further process of Admission.
RIE CEE 2020 Application Form
Application Form for RIE CEE 2020 is submitted online on the official website of NCERT. It is advised to check Eligibility Criteria for RIE CEE courses before applying. Candidates can use their valid Email Id and Mobile number to register themselves. To complete the process Application Fee is submitted online. In addition, as per the Eligibility and interest Candidates can choose to apply for more than one course. Candidates must check all the details mentioned in the form carefully. Application Form incomplete in any respect is not confirmed and may get rejected.
Application Form Fee:
Mode of Payment : Payment is made online through Payment gateway. Its is uploaded only after two working days in the server.
RIE CEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
RIE CEE offers different courses pertaining different Eligibility Criteria:
RIE CEE Programme
B.Sc.B.Ed (integrated Programme to prepare secondary school teachers in Science and Mathematics)
+2/Senior Secondary / Higher Secondary or Equivalent in Science (PCM/PCB) with at least 50% marks in aggregate of qualifying examination (relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ ST/PwD candidates)
B.A.B.Ed.(integrated Programme to prepare secondary school teachers in English and Social Science)
+2/Senior Secondary / Higher Secondary or Equivalent in Science/Commerce/Arts with at least 50% marks in aggregate of qualifying examination (relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ ST/PwD candidates)
M.Sc.Ed.(integrated Programme to prepare higher secondary school teachers in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
+2/Senior Secondary / Higher Secondary or Equivalent in Science and Mathematics (PCM) with at least 50% marks in aggregate of qualifying examination (relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ ST/PwD candidates).
B.Ed.(programme to prepare secondary school teachers in Science & Mathematics/Language & Social Science)
Candidates with at least 50% marks in Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Science/ Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science or Mathematics or in Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Social Science/Humanities are eligible for admission to the programme (relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ ST/PwD candidates)
M.Ed.(programme to prepare teacher educators and other professionals in education)
Candidates seeking admission to the M.Ed. Programme should have obtained at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade (relaxation by 5% for SC/ST/PwD Candidates) in B.Ed. / B.A.Ed./ B.A.Ed./B.Sc.Ed./B.El.Ed./D.El.Ed. (with bachelor’s degree in Arts/Science)
Candidates seeking admission to Physical Science Group must have passed Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) (Mathematics includes Mathematics or Statistics) and those seeking admission to Biological Science Group (CBZ) must have passed Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) (Biology includes Biology or Biotechnology)at +2 level.
Candidates must have passed +2/Sr. Sec. or any equivalent examination recognized by university / Board with at least 60% marks (55% for SC candidates of Haryana only). The examination should be recognized by MDU Rohtak affiliating University of Prarambh.
Candidates must have passed Hr. Secondary / Sr. Secondary or equivalent examination in Science, Arts and Commerce streams with at least 60% marks (55% for SC candidates of Haryana only). The examination should be recognized by MDU, Rohtak the affiliating University of Prarambh
RIE CEE 2020 Syllabus
Following is the syllabus for RIE CEE 2020 Examination:
- Language Proficiency– indicating specific areas like comprehension, rearranging sentences, selecting suitable words for the blanks, finding out errors in parts of the sentences, finding out equivalent meaning to the given phrases, finding out suitable words for the incomplete sentences, sequencing, grammar which includes synonyms, antonyms, idioms, prepositions, tenses, articles.
- Teaching Aptitude will cover specific areas like attitude towards education, children and teaching profession; interest in teaching; leadership qualities & group management; emotional & social adjustment; intrapersonal & interpersonal skills; and general awareness of contemporary issues pertaining to school education.
- Reasoning Ability indicating specific areas like verbal non-verbal reasoning, missing numbers, number series, letter series, theme finding, jumbling, analogy, odd one out, arranging the statements in a sequential form, statement and conclusions, syllogism, logical problems, establishing relationships.
RIE CEE 2020 Exam Centers List
Candidate can choose any city as Exam Center:
Exam Center City
State/ UT name
Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim
|Jorhat||Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim|
|Guwahati||Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Assam|
|Silchar||Mizoram, Manipur, Tripura, Assam|
|Chandigarh||Haryana, Punjab, Chandigarh|
|Jammu||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Leh||Jammu and Kashmir|
Jammu And Kashmir
|Ahmedabad||Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Havel|
|Port blair||Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
RIE CEE 2020 Exam Pattern
Following is the expected Exam Pattern for RIE CEE 2020:
Separate Questions will be administrated to the following groups-
- Group A– B.Sc.B.Ed./ B.A.B.Ed./ M.Sc.B.Ed.
- Group B– B.Ed
- Group C– M.Ed
The exam pattern is as follows-
- Mode of Examination: Online
- Total Duration: 120 minutes
- Number of Test Booklets: One set of Booklet for each group
- Marking Scheme: 2 marks for correct answers, 0.5 marks of negative marking for wrong answers, No marks for unattended questions
- Levels of Question Paper: Higher/Senior Secondary Education Level, Graduation Level, Professional Education Level
|Sections in Exam||Questions||Marks|
|Language Proficiency In English||20||40|
|Teaching Aptitude / Attitude||30||60|
RIE CEE 2020 Admit Card
Admit Card for RIE CEE 2020 is released shortly after the Registration process is completed. Candidates can download their respective Admit Cards from the official website on the release date. Candidates must download and print it to take it along with them at the time of Common Entrance Exam. Admit Card is an important document which needs to be carried at the day of Examination with other important documents. It must be kept preserved till the time of Admission.
Documents to carry in Exam Center : Candidates must bring the following mentioned documents on the day of Examination. These are the mandatory documents to be carried without which entry to Exam Hall is prohibited.
- JCECE 2020 Admit Card printout
- Identity Proof – Aadhar Card, PAN Card/ Driver’s License/ Voter ID etc (Any)
RIE CEE 2020 Reservation
Following is the Reservation Criteria for RIE CEE 2020:
Note: Candidates applying under reservation quota are considered only on the basis of the List notified by Government of India and Category Certificate.
RIE CEE 2020 Merit List
After the declaration of RIE CEE 2020 Result, The conducting body displays Merit List on the official website. Merit List is prepared on the basis of scores obtained by the candidates in the examination. Qualified candidates are included in the Merit List. Candidates added in the Merit List are then called for appearing in the process of Counselling. In addition Scholarships for RIE CEE is also based on the Merit List prepared for admissions.
RIE CEE 2020 Selection Process
Selection process for various courses is as follows:
- 60% weightage is given to RIE CEE Score and 40% weightage is of marks in Qualifying Examination.
- TIE cases are decided by scores of teaching Aptitude Test and further TIE is decided on the basis of Age
- Merit List is considered two digits after decimal with rounding off
- RIEs provide 1 seat for each course over and above their regular quota for NTSE awardees.
- Further admissions are based on Seat Matrix.
RIE CEE 2020 Scholarships
For RIE CEE 2020 ST, SC and 50% of remaining students are awarded scholarships as per NCERT rules on submission of parents income certificate. THis certificate is verified and then taken into consideration while providing with Scholarship opportunities.Scholarships are awarded on the basis of Merit List prepared of admission. Students in the Merit List are considered for Scholarships. In addition, Staying in the hostel is compulsory for scholarship holders.
RIE CEE 2020 Counselling
Counselling for RIE CEE 2020 starts shortly after the Results are declared. Counselling is done in the respective RIEs. Candidates who qualify the Examination are selected and called for the Counselling process. All the information regarding Counselling is released on the official website. All candidates are allotted seats in their respective courses through the process of Counselling. Selected Candidates are advised to attend the Counselling session on the specified date with all the required documents and certificates with proper verification. Candidates who fail to appear in Counselling shall not be able to continue for the admission process.
RIE CEE 2020 Important Books
While preparing for Exam, candidates must ensure that their preparation is good enough to crack the Exam. In order to prepare for RIE CEE 2020 candidates must refer to below given Important Books:
|Important Books||Available at|
Delhi University B.Ed. Bachelor of Education-Joint Entrance Exam
|Learning and Teaching||Buy Here|
|B.Ed. Popular Master Guide||Buy Here|
Guide to D.U. B. El. Ed
RIE CEE 2020 Preparation Tips
RIE CEE 2020 is a common Entrance Examination. Candidates who wish to appear in the Exam must prepare with the best resources and tips to pass the exam.Some preparation tips are given below for candidates to follow:
- Stick to the Syllabus. Prepare according to the Syllabus provided for RIE CEE 2020.
- Preparation must start early. Prepare your schedule and start following it on a daily basis.
- Study the Exam Pattern and prepare a strategy accordingly. Exam Pattern will help you analyse you study pattern.
- Candidates must study and prepare by solving previous year Question Papers.
- Practice Mock Tests for RIE CEE 2020
- Prepare and practice from different resources available including books and Online information resources.
- Improve your writing skills and speed.
- Improve your basic knowledge general english, articles and tenses.
- Try to improve your Common thinking skills. This helps in clearing simple concepts.
- Study from the best books available for preparation Offline and Online
RIE CEE 2020 Seat Matrix
The seat matrix for different courses are as given here.
For B.Sc. B.Ed. Four Year Programme
Physical Science Group: 50 Seats, Biological Science Group: 50 Seats
B.Ed. Two Year Programme
Science and Mathematics Group: 50 Seats, Social Science and Language Group: 50 Seats
Click here to download the complete seat distribution for RIE CEE 2020 session.
Regional Institute of Education, RIE
The Regional Institute of Education (RIE, formerly known as Regional College of Education), is a constituent unit of the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi. The RIEs are set up in 1963 by Government of India in different parts of India covering various regions. The Regional Institutes of Education have established themselves as institutes of repute in the area of school and teacher education. The institutes have endeavoured to shoulder the responsibilities and challenges generated by changes in the educational scenario of the country.
Official Website: cee.ncert.gov.in
RIE CEE 2020 FAQs
Following are some questions asked by candidates related to RIE CEE 2020 Examination
Q. Who is the conducting body of RIE CEE 2020?
A. The conducting body for RIE CEE 2020 is NCERT
Q. What type of Examination is RIE CEE 2020?
A. RIE CEE 2020 is a Common Entrance Examination.
Q. Are the courses offered recognised by NCTE?
A. All the programmes offered by RIEs are recognised by NCTE.
Q. What are the courses offered by Prarambh?
A. The following courses are offered by Prarambh School for Teacher Education Jhajjar, Haryana :
a. B.Sc. B.Ed. (Four Year Integrated)
b. B.A. B.Ed. (Four Year Integrated)
Q. How can I convert my marks which are in CGPA to percentage?
A. CGPA conversation should be available behind the marks card. You should calculate and convert your obtained marks/CGPA into percentageRIE CEE
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.