AIPVT 2016, the All India Pre Veterinary Test will be conducted by Veterinary Council of India as per the schedule given below. All India Pre Veterinary Test 2016 shall be held for admission to 15% seats in the Veterinary colleges for academic session 2016-2017. The All India Pre Veterinary Test, also known as CPVT is conducted by the VCI as various centers across the country. The three hour duration exam must be attempted and qualified in for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. courses.
Latest Update – The AIPVT Admit Card 2016 is now available to download. Check the link below.
AIPVT 2016 – All India Pre Veterinary Test
The AIPVT 2016 All India Pre Veterinary Test will be held on 14 May, 2016 from 02:00 PM to 05:00 PM. AIPVT Application form and information brochure is issued by The Veterinary Council of India. Candidates can get the complete details of AIPVT 2016, application form, admit card, answer key, omr answer sheet, result and counselling here.
Exam: AIPVT / CPVT
Conducted by: The Veterinary Council of India.
Course offered: Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences and Animal Husbandry. The duration of B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course is spread over five complete academic years consisting of First, Second, Third, Fourth and Fifth Annual / Board examinations and a compulsory rotating internship of six months.
AIPVT Important Dates
|Date of release of AIPVT information brochure and application form||08 Jan 2016|
|Last date to submit application forms (without late fee)||01 Mar 2016|
|Issue of Admit Cards||18 Apr 2016|
|Date of All India Pre Veterinary Test||14 May 2016|
|Date of declaration of result||May 2016 last week|
AIPVT Exam Pattern
The examination shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany &Zoology). The distribution of questions shall be as follows:
|Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||90|
Language of Question Paper is English and Hindi.
The Answer Sheets shall be evaluated through Optical Mark Reader (OMR). Each question shall carry four marks. For each correct answer a score of four marks shall be credited. For incorrect answer negative marks shall be given and one mark shall be deducted for each incorrect answer. No credit shall be given for unanswered question. More than one answer indicated against a question shall be treated as incorrect response and one mark shall be deducted for each such case.
AIPVT Eligibility Criterion for admissions and appearing in exam
- The candidates should be an Indian National (except from the State of Jammu & Kashmir).
- He/She has attained or will attain the age of Seventeen (17) years as on 31st December, 2016. Candidates attaining seventeen years on 1st of January, 2017 or later will not be eligible to appear at the AIPVT-2016.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota and participating States Seats is 25 years as on 31st December, 2016. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.Candidate must be born on or between
- 01/01/1987 to 01/01/2000 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
- 01/01/1992 to 01/01/2000 (General Category)
Candidate must have passed any of the following qualifying examinations:
The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (which shall include a practical test in these subjects) and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Educational Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 (years) educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
The Intermediate Examination in Science from a recognized University/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include a practical test in these subjects) and English as a core course.
- He/ She has passed the qualifying examination with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as core course or an examination equivalent to intermediate Science examination of an Indian University/ Board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English as a core course.
- A candidate under General Category for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course must have passed in each of these subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and obtained 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects, at the qualifying examination. Admission of students to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course shall be made only on the basis of his/her merit in the competitive entrance examination. No other merit/ weightage shall be considered for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course.
- In respect of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/ the Scheduled Tribes or other special category (Other Backward Classes) of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 10% less than that prescribed for General Category. Where the seats reserved for the Scheduled Caste and the Scheduled Tribes students in any State cannot be filled for want of requisite number of candidates fulfilling the minimum requirement prescribed by that State, then such vacancies shall be filled up on All India basis with students belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes getting not less than the minimum prescribed pass percentage.
A candidate shall not be allowed admission to B.V.Sc & A.H. degree course including those admitted under 15% reserved quota of Veterinary Council of India if he/she suffer disabilities in physical fitness as listed below:-
- Disability of total body including disability of chest/spine more than 50%,
- Disability of any one lower limb of more than 50%,
- Disability of upper limb,
- Visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability,
- Candidates with progressive diseases like myopathies etc.
- Disabilities which otherwise would interfere in the performance of duties of a veterinarian.
Note: The disabiltiy should be certified by a duly constituted and authorised Medical Board comprising of atleast three specialist out of which two should be of the specialty concerned and the candidate has to present him/her – self before the Medical Board. The last valid disability certificate of the candidate from a Medical Board should not be more than three months old from the date of submitting his/her certificate for disabled candidates.
Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir State
- Candidates from the State of Jammu & Kashmir are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% All India Quota seats as the provisions of the Indian Veterinary Council Act 1984 have not been extended to the State of Jammu & Kashmir. If they claim eligibility, they must upload Self Declaration, as per proforma given in Appendix-III on a Plain Paper to the effect that:
- They are not eligible to seek admission for B.V.Sc & A.H. Course in Veterinary Colleges in the State of Jammu & Kashmir.
- They are not domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir
- Online Application Form not supported with the required scanned Self Declaration in original as per format given at Appendix-III or incomplete, unsigned or photocopy of the Self Declaration shall be summarily rejected without any further reference in the matter.
- The Self Declaration made by such candidates will be verified and if found to be false, the admission of all such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.
- Candidates from State of Jammu & Kashmir shall have to submit an affidavit as per Appendix-IV on Non Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs.10/- duly attested by Metropolitan Magistrate/ First Class Judicial Magistrate at the time of Counseling.
- A candidate who is taking the qualifying examination prior to the AIPVT or whose result is awaited, may also apply and take the examination but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. course, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required percentage of marks as per the Minimum Standard of Veterinary Education – Degree Course (B.V.Sc & A.H.) Regulations, 2008 on or before 30th June, 2016 and submit the documentary proof during counseling, if selected.
- The eligibility for candidates seeking admission under seats under the control of the participating States shall be as per their rules and regulations which will be available on their website. Merely, being eligible in this Test shall not automatically make a candidate eligible on the respective Participating State’s Quota seats, where admissions shall be governed by their own norms.
The general standard of the All India Pre-Veterinary Test will be that of XIth and XIIth class under the10+2 Scheme/Pre-Medical/Intermediate Science or an equivalent examination of an Indian University/State Board/CBSE. No separate syllabus for the examination is prescribed by the Council. Detailed syllabus is given in the information brochure.
About AIPVT 2016
- The Veterinary Council of India is a statutory body established under act of Parliament viz Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 (52 of 1984) and charged with the responsibilities of regulation of Veterinary practice, preparation and maintenance of Indian Veterinary Practitioner’s Register, regulation of minimum standards of Veterinary education and matters connected therewith.
- In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) of section 22 read with clause (b) of sub-section (1) of section 21 of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984, the Council with the prior approval of the Central Government has framed Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education – Degree Course (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) Regulations, 2008.
- As per the provisions of regulation 7(7) of the aforesaid Regulations, the Veterinary Council of India conducts All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT) for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H Course for filling up 15% of All India Quota seats in the Veterinary Colleges in India (except from Jammu & Kashmir State).
- Haryana, Manipur and Rajasthan States are also participating in All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT)-2016 for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H Course for filling up State Quota seats (other than 15% All India Quota) in their Veterinary Colleges.
- The Counseling for 15% of All India Quota seats in the Veterinary Colleges shall be conducted by the Veterinary Council of India.
- The Counseling for admission in seats under the control of participating States (other than 15% All India Quota) shall be conducted as per the notifications issued seperately by the respective States/ University.
AIPVT Notification 2016
Veterinary Council of India (VCI) released notification announcing date of AIVPT 2016 exam. A copy of the notification is given below.