AIL LET Syllabus 2022 – The AIL LET syllabus provides the candidates with a road map to prepare for the entrance exam. The candidates can get to know about the important topics, AIL LET question paper format and pattern from this page. The Army Institute of Law conducts the Law Entrance Test to intake the admission into its 5 year BA LLB integrated course. Candidates are also offered admission into LLM PG degree course of the AIL. The AIL LET 2022 is going to be an online computer-based test (CBT) that will be objective multiple choice type questions. Read further to know more about the AIL LET 2022 syllabus and exam pattern.
Army Institute of Law LET 2022 Syllabus
The AIL LET syllabus consists of topics from 4 different subject groups or sections which have equal weightage in terms of the no. of questions and marks. It generally includes topics from general English, mental ability, legal aptitude and general knowledge & current affairs.
To appear for exam, must fill the AIL LET 2022 Application Form
Note – Army Institute of Law does not provide any specific syllabus for AIL LET 2022 exam. They have only given exam pattern. The syllabus here is as per analysis of past year exams and expert opinions.
AIL LET Syllabus for General English
The General English section usually consists of 50 questions from the following topics:
- Reading Comprehension
- Grammar and vocabulary
- One word substitution
- Sentence completion
- Spotting errors
- Idioms and Phrases
- Correct Spellings
AIL LET Syllabus for Mental Ability
The 50 questions from the mental ability section generally cover the following topics:
- Coding and Decoding
- Series Completion
- Blood Relation
- Direction Sense Test
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Completion of Series etc.
You can download AIL LET 2022 Admit Card before exam.
AIL LET Syllabus for Legal Aptitude
As the LET is for the candidates who have just passed the 10+2 level exam, they are not tested for in-depth knowledge of law or other legal concepts. The legal aptitude section in the AIL LET 2022 question paper is 50 questions related to the areas of study as mentioned below:
- General legal awareness
- Problem solving questions based on legal propositions and set of facts.
- Basic Law and Judiciary
- Current and other important legal facts.
- Legal terms that are commonly known and used in lay man’s language too.
Before going to appear for
AIL LET Syllabus for General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The candidates must have basic general knowledge about the current affairs related to the country as well as the world. Static general knowledge questions can also be asked in this section. The common topics that are asked about in the AIL LET general knowledge action are as follows:
- Current Affairs- Mainstream issues pertainig to the country and the world.
- General knowledge-
- Art and Literature
- International Treaties & Bilateral Agreements
- Indian Forces related current news – Indian Military exercises, New Missiles that are tested etc
- International organizations – Current news and their history
- Important Monuments and their related facts
AIL LET 2022 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check the AIL LET 2022 exam pattern or format given below for admission to the BA LLB course.
- Mode of exam: AIL LET 2022 is an online computer-based entrance test.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam is 2 hours.
- Sections: The AIL entrance test comprises of 4 sections in total.
- Type of questions: There are objective multiple-choice questions in the test.
- Medium of the exam: The medium of the AIL entrance test is English language only.
- No. of questions: There are going to be a total of 200 questions in the AIL LET 2022.
- Marking Scheme: Each correctly marked answer is of 01 mark. There is no negative marking in the LET 2022.
- Distribution of questions: Check out the section wise distribution of questions and marks inthe table below.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Legal/ Law Aptitude||50||50|
|General Knowledge with current affairs||50||50|
AIL LET 2022 Preparation Tips
Apart from knowing the AIL LET syllabus and exam pattern, it is necessary to follow an effective preparation strategy to score good marks in the exam. Given below are some preparation tips that the candidates can keep in mind while preparing for the AIL LET 2022:
- Make a practical time-table: First of all, check the syllabus of the AIL law entrance exam and then prepare a time table accordingly. Estimate the total time that needs to be devoted for each section and then for the revision. Then try to abide by this time-table while preparing.
- Read newspapers regularly: Candidates are avised to make a habit of reading newspapers daily so as to build vocanulary and know what is happening inaround the world.
- Improve the vocabulary: In order to improve one’s vocabulary, try to build a reading habbit which imcludes quality content with new words and phrases. Learn the meaning of the new words and write it down somewhere to remember them. Also, keep revising the grammar rules.
- Attempt mock tests: To be able to know the basics of the online examination, it is advised to practice through the mock tests. By giving mock-tests, one gets to know about the type of questions that are asked in the exam, along with how time has to be managed during the exam.
- Polish the legal facts: While preparing for the exam, brush up on all the legal facts and terminologies are are commonly used.
AIL LET 2022 Syllabus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ans. The AIL LET 2022 is going to be held in online computer based test (CBT) mode.
Ans. The candidates will have to attempt objective type multiple choice questions while appearing for the AIL LET 2022.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking for wrongly marked responses in the AIL LET 2022.
Ans. The candidates must prepare their skills and build their knowledge base related to the general English, Law Aptitude, Mental Ability and reasoning, and general knowledge along with current affairs.
Ans. No Currently there is no such sample papers.
Official website – ail.ac.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.