AIPVT 2018, the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) will conduct the online counselling for admission to B.V.Sc & A.H degree course under 15% seats in recognized Veterinary colleges on all India Basis during 2018-19. As per Regulation of VCI – Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education – Degree Course (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) Regulations, 2016 that 15% of the total number of seats of each recognized veterinary college shall be filled up on all India basis through Common Entrance Examination. The selection of candidates for admission to B.V.Sc.& A.H. degree course under 15% All-India Quota shall be applicable to the recongnized Veterinary Colleges in India (except from Jammu & Kashmir State).
AIPVT 2018 / Veterinary Counselling 2018
The duration of B.V.Sc. & A.H degree course is spread over five and half complete professional years including a compulsory rotating internship of one year duration. The seats will be allotted to candidates as per their rank, choice, availability, reservation policy, etc.
|Online Registration by the candidates||2nd week of September 2018|
|Processing and allocation of seats||2nd week of September 2018|
|Issuance of allocation letter to the candidates
and the allotted Veterinary Colleges
|2nd week of September 2018|
|Reporting to the allotted Colleges by the candidates||Immediate|
The eligibility criteria, various documents etc. of the candidate shall be verified by the allotted College at the time of reporting/ admission and the decision of the college in the matter shall be final.
Official Public Notice
AIPVT Eligibility Criterion for admissions and appearing in exam
Candidates should be Indian Nationals. The candidates from State of Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. course under 15% All India quota since the provisions of the Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 have not been extended to the State of Jammu & Kashmir. However, the candidates who are residing in the State of Jammu and Kashmir and not domiciled of Jammu and Kashmir and appeared in NEET (UG) 2018 desire to take admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. course under 15% All India quota shall have to submit an Affidavit.
He or She has completed the minimum age of 17 years on or before the 31st December, 2018. Further, maximum age should not exceed to 25 years . There shall be relaxation of maximum age by five years for Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates.
He or She has passed the qualifying examination as defined under VCI – MSVE Regulations with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English (as a core course) and obtained marks as specified or an examination equivalent to intermediate science examination of an Indian University or Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
A candidate under General Category for admission to the BVSc&AH degree course shall have to qualify in each of the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, and obtained 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects, at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to the SC or ST or other special category of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 5% less than that prescribed for general category i.e 47.5 % and where the seats reserved for the SC and ST students in any State cannot be filled for want of requisite number of candidates fulfilling the minimum requirement prescribed from that State, then such vacancies shall be filled up on all India basis with students belonging to the SC and ST obtaining not less than the minimum prescribed pass percentage.
Admission of students to BVSc&AH degree course shall be made only on the basis of his or her merit obtained in the Merit of NEET –UG-2018 subject to fulfillment of the other criteria as laid down above including qualifying examination and no other merit or weightage shall be considered for admission to BVSc&AH degree course.
A candidate shall not be allowed admission to BVSc&AH degree course including those admitted under 15% reserved quota of VCI if he or she suffers the following disabilities, namely:-
- Disability of total body including disability of chest/spine more than 50%,
- Disability of any one lower limb of more than 50%,
- Disability of upper limb,
- Visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability,
- Candidates with progressive diseases like myopathies etc.
- Disabilities which otherwise would interfere in the performance of duties of a veterinarian.
Note: The disability should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board comprising of at least three specialist out of which two should be of the specialty concerned and the candidate has to present him/her – self before the Medical Board. The last valid disability certificate of the candidate from a Medical Board should not be more than three months old from the date of submitting his/her certificate for disabled candidates.
Procedure for Registration for Online Counselling / Allocation of Seats
- The candidate has to first create login ID. Thereafter proceed for registration.
- The Counseling for admission to 15% All India Quota seats shall be conducted by a Veterinary Council of India and the decision of VCI shall be final.
The online counseling for admission to B.V.Sc.& A.H. degree course under 15% seats in recognized Veterinary Colleges on All India basis shall be conducted by VCI and College shall be allotted to the candidate according to the choice and availability of seat at his/ her rank subject to fulfilling criteria in terms of nationality, age, essential qualification etc.
The allocation of seat to the candidates for admission to BVSc & AH degree course under 15% seats on All India basis shall be applicable to on the recognized Veterinary Colleges [Government and Private) in India (except from Jammu & Kashmir State).
The eligibility criteria, various documents etc. of the candidate shall be verified by the allotted College at the time of reporting/admission and the decision of the college in the matter shall be final. However, in case of any dispute, the candidate shall inform the matter to the VCI in writing within 2 days from the date of reporting and he/she shall ensure that the intimation in this regard has been received by the VCI. The decision of the VCI in the matter of dispute shall be final.
The conditions relating to start of academic session, tuition and other fees, deposit and refund of fees, if any, may vary from College to College and shall be applicable as per rules and regulations of the respective College / University / concerned State Government for which VCI shall not be responsible. The candidate has to abide the rules and regulations of the concerned College / University / State Government during his/her studies in B.V.Sc. & A.H. course.
Any loss of academic, financial or any kind due to change of college will be at the candidates’ own risks and costs. The VCI shall not be responsible in the matter. The Council has no role to play in this matter after allotment of seat/college.
Documents required for Verification at the allotted college at the time of reporting
The candidates allotted seats should produce the following documents in original along with self attested copy of the documents for verification at the allotted College at the time of reporting / admission failing which they shall not be entitled for admission at the allotted College.
- Copy of VCI Counseling Registration confirmation page downloaded from Council’s website.
- Copy of Application Form of NEET- UG – 2018 as down loaded by the candidate
- Admit Card of NEET UG – 2018 issued by CBSE for appearing in the NEET Examination
- Rank Card of NEET UG – 2018 issued by CBSE.
- Addhar Card, Voter ID Card, Ration Card & Passport as the case may be written in the Application Form of NEET – UG – 2018 (any one of the ID is required as mentioned in NEET application). – Date of Birth Certificate (if Secondary School Examination Certificate does not have the same)
- Secondary School Examination or equivalent Certificate
- 10+2 Mark Sheet (Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet)
- 10+2 Certificate or Provisional Certificate (Qualifying Examination Certificate). Provisional Certificate is permissible for those candidates who had passed in the year 2018 only.
- Character Certificate from the School or College last attended.
- Six passport size coloured Photographs (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form in NEET UG -2018) and One Postcard size coloured photographs (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form in NEET UG -2018).
The candidate should also produce the following certificate in original, if applicable, at the allotted College at the time of reporting/admission.
- SC/ST and OBC Certificate
- The disability should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board.
- The candidates from Jammu & Kashmir who have uploaded Self Declaration claiming their eligibility under 15% All India Quota shall have to submit an affidavit.
Reservation of Seats in Veterinary Colleges under 15% All India Quota
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates,
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates,
- 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates in Central Educational Institutions only as per Hon’ble Supreme Court order dated 10.04.2008. Reservation would be applicable to the castes mentioned in the Central list of OBC. Thus, the candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column in application form. Candidates from creamy layer and do not come under Central List of OBC are advised to mention his/her category as General.
- 3% seats are reserved on Horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates as defined in physical disability in the Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education – Degree Course (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) Regulations.
Official Website: www.aipvt.vci.nic.in.
For more information on AIPVT / Veterinary Counselling, download 2017 Information Brochure.
Insofar, Only official public notice has been released. Rest of information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as Veterinary Council of India (VCI) releases AIPVT 2018 / Veterinary Counselling 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.