All India PreVeterinary Test 2020 – Veterinary Council of India (VCI) conducts the online counselling for admission to Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & A.H) course under 15% All India Quota. The candidates are called for counselling based on the merit in NEET UG 2020. Candidate has to register themselves through the official website, aipvt.vci.nic.in to apply for the counselling. To be eligible, the candidate must be an Indian National and fulfil other criteria. Scroll down to check in detail about the eligibility standards, registration, and the counselling process.
AIPVT 2020 / Veterinary Counselling 2020
The duration of B.V.Sc. & A.H is of five and half years including a compulsory rotating internship of one year duration. Candidates can check the AIPVT 2020/Veterinary Counselling 2020 schedule from the table mentioned below.
|AIPVT 2020/Veterinary Counselling 2020||Dates|
|Publication of seats under 15% All India Quota||3rd week of Jul 2020|
|Online Registration Choice Filling/Choice Locking/fee payment||3rd – 4th week of Jul 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||4th week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of Result||4th week of Jul 2020|
|Reporting at the Allotted College||4th week of Jul 2020|
|Publication of vacant seats||1st week of Aug 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Publication of Result||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Reporting at the Allotted College against seat allotment Round 2||3rd week of Aug 2020|
|Publication of vacant seats||3rd week of Aug 2020|
|Processing of Seat Allotment||3rd week of Aug 2020|
|Publication of Result||4th week of Aug 2020|
|Reporting at the Allotted College against seat allotment Round 3||4th week of Aug 2020|
|Mop Up Round Counselling|
|Publication provisional Result for seat allocation||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Submission of online payment of security money by the candidates who have provisionally allotted seat||1st week of Sep 2020|
|Declaration of Final Result||2nd week of Sep 2020|
|Reporting at the Allotted College against seat allotment||3rd week of Sep 2020|
AIPVT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the AIPVT/Veterinary Counselling 2020.
- Nationality: To be eligible, first of all, candidate should be an Indian National. However, candidates belonging from the State of Jammu & Kashmir (J&K) are not eligible for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. course under 15% All India quota. If any candidate who is residing in the State of Jammu and Kashmir and not domiciled there and appeared in NEET (UG) 2020 shall have to submit an Affidavit to apply for AIPVT 2020.
- Age: Candidate must have completed the minimum age of 17 years on or before December 31, 2020. The candidate’s maximum age should not exceed to 25 years. For Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Other Backward Class (OBC) candidates, relaxation of maximum age by five years is applicable.
- Qualification: Candidate must have passed the qualifying examination with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English and have scored 50% marks in aggregate. 47.5% is the minimum marks required for the SC/ST and other special category candidates.
- NEET UG: Candidate must have appeared for NEET UG 2020. The candidates are called for counselling on the basis of their merit in the NEET 2020 examination.
- Physical Disability: Candidate suffering from the following diseases are not allowed admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree courses.
- Disability of total body including disability of chest/spine more than 50%,
- Disability of any one lower limb of more than 50%,
- Disability of upper limb,
- Visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability,
- Candidates with progressive diseases like myopathies etc.
- Disabilities which otherwise would interfere in the performance of duties of a veterinarian.
Counselling Process for Online Counselling / Allocation of Seats
Candidates can check the counselling process from the below points.
- To appear for online counselling, candidate has to create a login ID on the official website and proceed for registration.
- VCI conducts the counselling. The college shall be allotted to the candidate on the basis of the rank in NEET UG 2020, choice filling and availability of seat subject to fulfilling criteria in terms of nationality, age, essential qualification etc.
- Candidates are allotted seats under 15% All India Quota basis in the recognized Veterinary Colleges [Government and Private) in India (except from Jammu & Kashmir State).
- The various important documents and the eligibility criteria of the candidate shall be verified by the allotted College at the time of reporting/admission.
- Fees, academic year, deposit and refund of fees, etc. may varry from College to College and must be followed as per the rules and regulations of the respective College / University / concerned State Government for which VCI shall not be responsible.
- The seat once allotted to the candidate is final and there shall not be any re-allocation of seat. Candidate shall not be considered for any other phase of counseling once he/she is allotted a seat.
Mop Up Round of Counselling
After three (3) round of counselling, a Mop up Round of counselling is conducted subject to availability of vacant seats.
- Candidate is allotted a seat provisionally on the basis of the fulfilment of the eligibility criteria, choice made at the time of registration for counseling, availability of seat and rank of the candidate in NEET UG 2020.
- Final allotment is subject to payment and receipt of Security money from the candidate within the stipulated time.
- Security money is refunded to the candidate who is allotted seat on joining the allotted College. It is refunded in the same account from which the amount has been received.
- Council forfeits the security money of the candidate who fails to join the allotted college within the stipulated time.
Documents Required for Verification at the Allotted College at the Time of Reporting
The candidates allotted seats should provide the following documents in original along with self attested copy of the documents for verification. Failing to do so may lead to the cancellation of the seat.
- Copy of VCI Counseling Registration confirmation page downloaded from Council’s website.
- Copy of Application Form of NEET- UG – 2020 as downloaded by the candidate
- Admit Card of NEET UG – 2020 issued by NTA for appearing in the NEET Examination
- Rank Card of NEET UG – 2020 issued by NTA.
- Addhar Card, Voter ID Card, Ration Card & Passport as the case may be written in the Application Form of NEET – UG – 2020 (any one of the ID is required as mentioned in NEET application). – Date of Birth Certificate (if Secondary School Examination Certificate does not have the same)
- Secondary School Examination or equivalent Certificate
- 10+2 Mark Sheet (Qualifying Examination Mark Sheet)
- 10+2 Certificate or Provisional Certificate (Qualifying Examination Certificate). Provisional Certificate is permissible for those candidates who had passed in the year 2020 only.
- Character Certificate from the School or College last attended.
- Six passport size coloured Photographs (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form in NEET UG -2020) and One Postcard size coloured photographs (same as uploaded on the Online Application Form in NEET UG -2020).
Candidate shall provide the followinf documents, if applicable.
- SC/ST and OBC Certificate
- The disability should be certified by a duly constituted and authorized Medical Board.
- The candidates from Jammu & Kashmir who have uploaded Self Declaration claiming their eligibility under 15% All India Quota shall have to submit an affidavit.
Reservation of Seats in Veterinary Colleges under 15% All India Quota
Candidates can check the reservation criteria from below.
- 15% seats are reserved for SC candidates,
- 7.5% seats are reserved for ST candidates,
- 27% seats are reserved for non-creamy layer OBC candidates in Central Educational Institutions only as per Hon’ble Supreme Court order.
- 3% seats are reserved on a Horizontal basis for Physically Handicapped candidates as defined in physical disability in the Minimum Standards of Veterinary Education – Degree Course (B.V.Sc. & A.H.) Regulations.
|Schedule Caste (SC) Candidates||15%|
|Schedule Caste (ST) Candidates||7.5%|
AIPVT 2020 Seat Matrix
The total number of seats under 15% All India quota is expected to be 525. Candidates can check the last year Seat matrix for counselling under 15% All India Quota seats from the below-given image.
Veterinary Council of India (VCI) is enacted by an Act of Parliament for regulation of veterinary practice, veterinary education, preparation and maintenance of Indian Veterinary Practitioner’s Register. The council was established in the year 1984 and is currently based in New Delhi. The following are the objectives of VCI
- To prepare the minimum standards of veterinary education required for admission in recognized veterinary institutions.
- To prepare the standards of professional conduct to be followed by veterinary practitioners.
- To frame regulations.
- To regulate veterinary practice in the country.
AIPVT 2020 Counselling Frequently Asked Questions
Ans : Veterinary Council of India (VCI) conducts counselling for admission to B.V.Sc & A.H course under 15% All India Quota.
Ans : To apply, candidates have to register themselves online through the official website, aipvt.vci.nic.in
Ans : The AIPVT / Veterinary Counselling 2020 is conducted online.
Ans : There are a total number of 3 rounds plus one mop up round conducted in AIPVT /Veterinary Counselling 2020.
Ans : Candidate's maximum age should not exceed to 25 years.
Ans : No. It is compulsory to appear for NEET UG as candidates are called for counselling on the basis of their rank in NEET UG.