DCECE is the Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination. DCECE is organized by the Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. On the basis of DCECE exam, admission is offered into Paramedical and Polytechnic diploma courses at any Government College or Private college of Bihar (who accept the score of DCECE). To know more on Bihar Polytechnic (DCECE) Exam, go through this article.
BCECEB conducts entrance exam for PE / PPE / PMD / PM courses. Check the exam dates of DCECE entrance test from below table.
|Bihar Diploma Certificate Entrance Competitive Examination||Dates|
|DCECE 2019||23 & 24 Jun 2019|
DCECE Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria before filling the DCECE application form from below.
Nationality Eligibility: Indian National and must belong to at least one of the following categories :
- Either parents must belong to the state of Bihar OR
- Must have been a refugee in the state/be the employees of Bihar government/be a part of Rashtra Sangh and currently based in Bihar/be Employee of Indian Government / Bihar government.
- For Polytechnic engineering (PE), there is no age limit as such specified.
- For four year part-time polytechnic (PPE), the minimum age should be 19 years as on July 01 (as per respective year of admission).
- For Paramedical dental course (PMD), minimum and maximum age should be 15 and 30 as on December 31 respective year of admission.
- For Paramedical, eligibility criteria is as per the courses in it. For GNM(Grade -A nursing), minimum and maximum age as on December 31 should be 17 years and 35 years respectively. For ANM nursing courses also the minimum and maximum age should be 17 years and 35 years respectively as specified by Nursing Council of India Ltd. For other courses, minimum and maximum age has to be 17 and 32 years respectively as on December 31.
Educational Criteria – The education qualification for DCECE 2020 is:
For Polytechnic Engineering:
- Must have secured at least 35% marks in 10th class from Bihar School examination Board or a similar recognized board. Those who are appearing for the 10th examination in 2020 may also apply for the same, but they need to produce valid certificates for the same.
For part-time four year Polytechnic Engineering Course :
- 10th pass from a recognized board along with 2 years of ITI or 10th pass along with 2 years of work experience in any company/organization/industry/educational institute/governmental or NGO.
- Candidates need to produce valid certificates from the organization they are working for. The certificate should contain showing the number of years they worked, description of the work and the description of the sponsorship for appearing in the examination
For Para Medical Dental courses
- 10th pass from CBSE/ICSE or a similar board with Science and English as the major subjects. Candidates who are appearing for class 10th examination can also appear for the examination but must be declared as passed before the declaration of the examination.
For Para Medical courses
- For Diploma in Pharmacy – Passed in intermediate science or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry and English along with either Mathematics or Biology as the major subjects.
- For General Nursing and midwifery – Applicable only for women candidates, they should have at least 40% marks in 10+2/12th with subjects as physics, chemistry and biology. Relaxation of 5% for SC/ST students will be provided. Those candidates who completed 10+2/ intermediate vocational nursing courses from institute certified by Nursing Council of India with at least 40% marks are also eligible to apply for the GNM courses.
- For Auxiliary Nurse Midwife – Candidate should have secured at least 40% marks in the 10+2/intermediate examination with English as the major subject.
- For Dental Mechanics and hygienist – Passed 10+2/Intermediate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English with minimum 50% marks are eligible to apply.
- For rest of the courses, applicants who have passed +2 intermediate science or equivalent examination with subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English are eligible to apply for the examination.
- Those who are appearing for the 10th examination will also be eligible to apply for this examination. These candidates should be declared passed before the declaration of result.
DCECE Application Form
Candidates can fill the DCECE application form and pay the registration fees to complete the process. The DCECE application form is released in online mode on the official website of BCECEB. To fill the DCECE online form, candidates need to enter the Personal Information, Upload Photo and Signature, Educational Information etc.
DCECE Selection Procedure for Admission
All the candidates who gave the DCECE entrance exam and qualified the test can able to attend the counselling of DCECE. The candidates have to report on the specified venue at the time of counselling with appropriate documents for the verification. After counselling, the candidates will assign the college according to choice filling and merit list.
DCECE Reservation Policy
Candidates can check the reservation of seats for the reserved candidates from the table below:
|Reservation||Reservation of seats|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||16%|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||01%|
|EBC (Extremely Backward Class)||18%|
|BC (Backward Class)||12%|
|RCG (Reserved Category Girls)||03%|
Official Website: bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.