The JEE Main 2018 Application Form is now available online on JEE Main official website. It is available from December 01, 2017 and can be submitted till January 01, 2018. The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main 2018 will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Applicants must provide only valid details in the online application, such as Personal Details, Educational Qualification and other details in the online application. Also, applicants need to upload the necessary images such as Photograph, Signature, etc as per the specification. The Application Form for JEE Main 2018 is to be filled and submitted through online mode only. Any application submitted after the last date will not be considered. Candidates can check here complete details on how to fill the JEE Main 2018 Application Form, Application Fee, mode of payment, etc.
JEE Main 2018 Application Form
Candidates can check here complete schedule for JEE Main 2018 Application Form in the article below:
|Online Registration for JEE Main 2018 will begin form||01 Dec 2017|
|Last date for online submission of JEE Main 2018||01 Jan 2018|
JEE Main 2018 Application Fee
For completing the application process, the candidates will need to pay the application fee for JEE Main 2018 as per the categories and gender which will be as follows:
|JEE Main Appearing Papers||Pen and Paper Based Examination||Computer Based Examination|
|Paper 1(BE/B.Tech) or Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)||1000 (boys)
|Both Paper 1(BE/B.Tech) and Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)||1800 (boys)
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2018
- Date of Birth – Only those candidates will be eligible whose date of birth will fall on or after October 1, 1993, and for the SC/ST/PWD Categories, the eligible date of birth will be on or after October 1, 1988. Date of Birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/University Certificate will only be considered.
- Year and subjects for Qualifying Examination – Candidates who have passed the Class 12th exams or any equivalent qualifying examination in the year 2016 or 2017 will be considered eligible for JEE Main 2018. Candidates who will appear for Class 12th exams or any equivalent qualifying examination in the year 2018 will also be considered eligible for the JEE Main 2018. There will be five subjects compulsory for the applying in the JEE Main 2018.
How to fill the JEE Main 2018 Application Form
You can watch this video to know how to fill JEE Main 2018 Application Form.
Or, read ahead to know all steps for form filling.
Candidates who will apply for the JEE Main 2018 will have to fill an online application form in a procedure given below:
Step 1 – Candidate will have to login to the official website www.jeemain.nic.in and have to click on the JEE Main 2018 link for applying.
Step 2 – After that, the candidates will have to read the given instructions carefully and have to click on the checkbox and proceed to apply online.
Step 3 – Now, the candidate will have to fill all the required information in the application form. The details being asked will be as follows:
- State of Eligibility
- State where Class 12th School/NIOS Study Centre Located
- Identification Type
- Aadhaar Number
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Security Pin
Step 4 – Next, the candidates will have to fill the JEE Main application details which will be as follows:
- Applying for
- Mode of Examination
- Question Paper Medium
Personal Details – Candidate’s Name, Father/Mother Name, State of Eligibility, Category, DOB, Nationality, Gender and Place of Residence.
Academic Details – Year of Passing Class 10th and 12th Exams, School Board, and Percentage of Class 12th Exams etc.
Mailing Address Details – Country, State, District, Address, Locality, City/Town/Village, Email ID and Contact Number.
Guardian Details – Qualification of the Guardian, Occupation and Annual income of the Guardian.
Choose Password – Candidates will have to create a password, enter a security pin and enter the Next button.
Step 5 – Now, the candidates will be directed to the review page where the candidates can edit the information if required or else proceed to enter the ‘Submit’ button.
Step 6 – Next, candidates will receive the Application Number. The same will be sent to the candidate’s registered email ID. Also, the candidate needs to verify either their Mobile Number or Email ID. For this, a verification code will be sent to the candidate’s registered email id and mobile number and candidate need to enter the same in the specific fields.
Step 7: Only after verifying the Email ID and Mobile, applicants can proceed to upload the necessary images in the online application. The images must be uploaded as per the specifications given below.
- The photograph will have to be coloured passport size with name and date.
- It should the scanned image of the photograph in jpg or jpeg format.
- The size of the photograph will have to be 3.5X4.5cm.
- The photograph will have to be more than 4kb and less than 40kb.
Note: Name of the candidate and date on which the photograph is taken is to be mentioned in the photograph, however in case the uploaded photograph does not have name and date, the form will not be rejected and no correction is required in such a case> Such candidates will be issued admit card for appearing in JEE (Main) – 2018.
- In the online application form, applicants need to upload their as well as signature of their Parent/ Guardian.
- It will have to be on a white page only.
- The signature will have to be signed inside the box of 3.5X1.5cm.
- The scanned image of the signature will have to be more than 1kb and less than 30kb in size.
Step 8 – Candidate will have to pay the fees by entering on the ‘Pay Exam Fee’ link.
Step 9 – Candidate will have to choose the mode of payment which will be Credit/Debit Card or e-Challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC Bank.
Step 10 – After the successful payment, the candidates will receive the acknowledgement page.
Step 11 – Candidates will have to take a print out of the acknowledgement page for future purpose.
*Note – In case the acknowledgement page will not be generated, then the transaction will get cancelled and the money will be refunded to the candidate’s account in 7-8 working days, and after that the candidate will have to do the transaction again.
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main 2018 Application Form, please ask in comments below.