JEE Main 2020 Application Form Filling Guide – National Testing Agency has released the JEE Main 2020 application form online for April 2020 session. Candidates who have passed 10+2 exam with PCM in 2018 or 2019 can apply online for JEE Main 2020 on the official website, jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to submit the form is March 06, 2020. Candidates can fill the online application form by following the guidelines given on this page. Check step-by-step instructions to fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form from this page below.
Latest: JEE Main 2020 Application Form released. Apply Here.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Filling Guide
The steps provided here are for the candidates who are applying first time for JEE Main 2020. Candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria required. Check here complete schedule for JEE Main 2020 application form in the article below:
|JEE Main 2020 Application Form||April Dates|
|Application Form available from||07 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit applications||07 Mar 2020|
|Last date to pay application fees||1st week of Mar 2020|
How to Fill JEE Main 2020 Application Form?
Candidates who did not apply for the Jan exam and are applying for the April exam for the first time can follow the steps:
1st step – Click on the direct link given on this page and a page will appear on your screen. Now, for new registration, click on the fresh registration as shown below.
2nd step – In the next screen, you need to click on the “New Registration” button to proceed to register online.
3rd step – Next, you will be redirect to another page in which you have to read and understand all the instructions. Once read all the instruction then click on “Proceed to Apply Online” button.
4th step – Now, registration form will appear on your screen. Enter the details required and submit the details.
5th step: After that, a page will appear on your screen to check and verify the details. If there is any mistake then make correction and submit the registration fee. After submitting, on dashboard click on the “Application form” button to proceed to fill in details in the form.
6th step: After that, fill the application form as per details required like personal details, communication details and qualifications. After filling check the details and submit the form.
7th step: Before submitting the application form, you should first review that the details submitted in the form are correct or not. If there is an error in the detail(s) then make change and then proceed to upload the image.
8th step: After submitting the form, click on the red button that says “upload images” and upload images as per the specifications and format.
9th step– After you have uploaded the images, the next step is to pay the required amount of the application fee. Click on the proceed for payment tab to open payment portal.
10th step – To pay the fee, you need to select a mode of payment and have to opt the ways to pay the application fee.
9th step – After successful payment of the application fee, take a print out of the confirmation page for future reference.
JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria
One of the important concern of the student is the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2020. The eligibility criteria of a student is not verified at the time of filling JEE main 2020 form, however, it is verified if a candidate qualifies the test or by the participating universities. It is advised that the students must verify that they fulfil the JEE Main eligibility criteria and should then only proceed to fill the form.
- There is no age limit for the candidate for applying for JEE Main 2020.
List of Qualifying Examination
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3-year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
JEE Main 2020 Application Fee
To submit the JEE Main 2020 Application Form, the candidates need to pay the following amount of the application fee:
|Category||B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Plan ( in India)||B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Plan (outside India)|
|Boys – General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Rs. 600||Rs. 3000|
|Girls – General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Rs. 325||Rs. 1500|
|Both – SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 325||Rs. 1500|
Combination – B.Tech and B.Arch / B.Tech and B.Plan / B.Plan and B.Arch / B.Tech, B. Arch & B. Planning ( in India) –
|Category||In India||Outside India|
|Boys – General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Rs. 1300||Rs. 6000|
|Girls – General/Gen-EWS/ OBC(NCL)||Rs. 650||Rs. 3000|
|Both – SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender||Rs. 650||Rs. 3000|
Details to be Filled in JEE Main 2020 Application Form
In application form, candidates need to enter the details as listed below:
- State of Eligibility
- State where Class 12th School / NIOS Study Center is located.
- Identification Type
- Identity Card Number
- Candidates Name
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Person with disability (PwD) – yes / no
- Are you Diabetic? – Choose yes / no
- Place of Residence
- Applying For – Choose any one paper, and two paper or all 3 out of B.E / B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Plan
- Choice of JEE main 2020 Exam City
- Question Paper Medium – English / Hindi / Gujarati
Mailing address details
- City / town / village
- Pin code
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Landline number
- Year of passing class 10th or it’s equivalent
- School Board of class 12th exam
- Name of the qualifying exam passed / appearing
- Place of class 12th exam schooling – city / town / village
- Year of passing / appearing in class 12th exam
- Percentage of marks in class 12th / qualifying exam
- Class 12th roll number
- Appearing / appeared for Improvement in class 12th / qualifying exam – yes / no
- Type of Institution of class 12th / qualifying exam – Government / Private
- Mode of preparation
- Name of school
- Mother and father’s
- Educational qualification
- Annual income details.
- Are you a twin?
Choosing a Password
- At least one upper case alphabet (like A, B, C, D, E, etc.)
- alphabet (like a,b,c,d,e etc.) at least lower case
- At least one numeric value (like 1,2,3 etc.), and
- a special character (like @#%&, etc.).
- Confirm password – re-enter your selected password
- Security question
- Security answer
Documents Required to Fill Details in JEE Main 2020 Application Form
In the JEE Main 2020 Form, it is important that you should provide all the correct information. In order to do so, you should keep the following list of documents ready:
- A valid Id proof
- Class 12th certificate (if available)
- mark sheet of Class 10
- Valid ID proof -Aadhar Card Number, Passport Number, Ration Card Number, student and/or any other valid Government Id.
- Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card for Online Payments.
Image Specifications for JEE Main 2020 Application Form
Check specification for images before filling the form of JEE Main 2020 April exam.
|Specification||Photo||Signature||Class 12 admit card, or|
Class 12 marksheet or
Class 12 certificate
|Photo||10 kb–200 kb||JPG/JPEG||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature||4 kb–30 kb||JPG/JPEG||50 kb – 300 kb|
|Class 12 admit card, marksheet or|
|50 kb – 300 kb||JPG/JPEG||Do not upload blurred image.|
All details must be visible
- The photograph have to be coloured passport size with name and date.
- It should the scanned image of the photograph in jpg or jpeg format.
- In the online application form, applicants need to upload their as well as signature of their Parent/ Guardian.
- It has to be on a white paper only.
JEE Main 2020
Joint Entrance Examination (Main) is an all India level entrance exam for B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch, and B.Plan admission. NTA conducts the exam in computer based for around 10 to 11 lakh candidates. The exam is held twice in January and April in online mode for duration of 3 hours. Candidates securing suitable AIR in JEE Main can participate in JoSAA counselling and seek admission in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs
If you have any queries regarding JEE Main 2020 Application Form, please ask in comments below.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.