Himachal Pradesh University provides admission in the BAMS and BHMS on the basis of NEET-UG. The application form for BAMS and BHMS will be release for only those who will qualified NEET-UG-2020. Candidates should apply for it on or before the end date. HPU will conduct the counselling on behalf of Government of Himachal Pradesh for admission to BAMS/BHMS Courses in the various college of Himachal Pradesh. Candidates interested in admission for BAMS and BHMS will have to register themselves for the counselling by using University website www.admissions.hpushimla.in. Candidates can get complete details regarding the HPU BAMS/BHMS 2020 on this page.
HPU BAMS / BHMS 2020
Candidates who wish to take admission in BAMS/BHMS will have to register themselves online for the counselling based on the NEET UG 2020 result. The candidates who will be found non-qualified in NEET UG 2020, their application forms shall be rejected without any notice. The table below comprises of all the important dates as per last year. This table will help the candidates to keep a track of all the important events in the HPU BAMS / BHMS 2020
|Registration for filling up the online Application Form with a fee||Last week of Jun 2020|
|correction of an error, while filling the online application form (except correction in category)||Second week of Jul 2020|
|Date of displaying the category-wise provisional merit list on the University website||Second week of Jul 2020|
|Dates of First round of centralized counselling for admission in Govt./Private BAMS/BHMS Colleges at H.P. University||Second week of Jul 2020|
|Tentative Date for joining the allotted college and course after Medical examination||Third week of Jul 2020|
|Tentative Dates of the 2nd round of centralized counselling for filling up of vacant seats in Govt./Private Ayurvedic and Homeopathy colleges.||Second week of Aug 2020|
|Tentative Date for joining the allotted college and course||Last week of Aug 2020|
|Candidates recommended by the Counseling committee shall have to appear for Medical examination before the Medical Board in the concerned colleges||Last week of Jul 2020|
|Commencement of Academic Session||First week of Aug 2020|
|Mop-round counselling||First week of Sep 2020|
|Last date up to which the candidate can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason||Last week of Sep 2020|
HPU BAMS/BHMS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to appear in the counselling process conducted by Himachal Pradesh University need to fulfill all the eligibility criteria laid down by the admission authority and admission is based on the NEET UG 2020 result. Candidates who do not fulfill any criteria laid down by the admission authority will be disqualified. Some of the eligibility criteria are as follows.
- Candidates who wish to appear in the examination should be minimum 17 years of age on 31st December of the year of his/her admission and maximum 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST category & persons entitled for reservation under the Right of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
Qualification for BAMS course:
- Candidate must have passed intermediate(10+2) or its equivalent examination recognized by the concerned State Government and Education Boards with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology which shall include a practical test in science subjects & English individually and must have obtained minimum of 50% marks taken together in aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology at the aforesaid qualifying examination in the case of general category and 40% marks in the case of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes .
- A candidate who obtained a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in the “National Eligibility Entrance Test is eligible for admission to the under-graduate course for a course for an academic year
Qualification for BHMS course:
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 from H.P. Board of School Education or from a recognized Board or equivalent degree/examination passed with Science [Medical group with Physics, Chemistry & Biology] of the University/H. P. Board of School Education in Science subjects.
- Blind [including colour blind], deaf and/or dumb candidates shall not be allowed for admission to the course.
HPU BAMS / BHMS 2020 Application Form
Candidates who wish to admission in HPU for BAMS / BHMS 2020 have to register themselves for the counselling process. The application form for the counselling process will be available on university website www.hpuniv.ac.in or www.admissions.hpushimla.in. Candidates are required to read the eligibility criteria and other requirements for submission of the online application form. The confirmation copy of the online application form duly complete in all respects along with self-attested photocopies of documents/certificates is required to be submitted by the candidate in person or through their authorized representative at the time of counselling. Candidates will have to enter all the basic information about themselves while registering themselves. Candidates have to pay the application fee which is not refundable in any case.
The given fee structure is based on last year.
The application fee for general category and Other Categories is Rs. 2000/-. However, the candidates belonging to the SC/ST categories have to pay Rs.1000/-. Candidates can submit their fee by (Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking etc.
How To Fill Application Form
Application form need to be filled carefully and properly. Here we are providing some points and steps to fill the application form:
- Click the link given on this page.
- A window will appear click in the UG section click BAMS / BHMS you will be redirected to the application filling page.
- Fill all the information asked correctly and with extreme care.
- Provide your NEET-UG 2020 marks and the documents.
- Complete the process of application fees.
- Click on the submit button and your application will be submitted.
Important Instruction for Application Form
- Candidates are advised to filled up information in the online form are correctly before clicking the final submit button and thereafter, the candidates are not able to edit any information of the online application form.
- Failure to complete any of the step of online application form and payment of fee as per the requirement of online process, final submission of online application will remain incomplete and unsuccessful in all modes of payment.
- Generation of confirmation page confirms the correctness and final submission of the application form. If confirmation page has not been generated, this means that application has not submitted successfully
HPU BAMS / BHMS 2020 Merit List
H.P. University will draw and notify a combined as well as category–wise merit list on the basis of All India merit ranking of NEET-UG-2020 of the qualified candidates who will submit their application form online complete in all respects within the prescribed date. Merit list will be available on the University Website www.hpuniv.ac.in or www.admissions.hpushimla.in. The new HPU Merit Rank in order of merit will be assigned to the candidates in the merit list for admission to BAMS/BHMS courses in Govt. / private un-aided Ayurvedic/Homeopathy Colleges for filling-up State Quota and All India Quota seats in private un-aided Ayurvedic/Homeopathy Colleges, as the case, maybe.
HPU BAMS/BHMS 2020 Admission & Counselling
The selection of the candidates for BAMS/BHMS courses will be on the basis of the merit of the NEET-UG-2020 conducted by the Authority designated and the interested candidate must have applied within the stipulated period to the University. The counselling for 85% seats under State Quota shall be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University and counselling for 15% seats for Central Quota/ All India Quota shall be conducted by the authority designated by the Government of India, of Ayush, New Delhi.
The counselling of the candidates as per new merit ranks assigned on the merit drawn by the H.P. University will be held as per following schedule in the H.P. University Auditorium Summer Hill, Shimla-5. The candidates are directed to check their new merit rank as well as their exact date of Counseling on the University Website and to make themselves present in the counselling accordingly. No separate call letters will be sent to the qualified candidates for attending the counselling.
HPU BAMS/BHMS 2020 Seats Availability
Candidates can refer below details to get a brief idea about the seats available for admission in the above-mentioned courses as per last year.
For more details regarding HPU BAMS / BHMS Admission 2020, Download Information Brochure 2019.