|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
Sample Paper 2 for IISER Entrance Exam (IISER Aptitude Test)
1. Offspring formed by sexual reproduction exhibit more variation than those formed by asexual reproduction because
A. each gamete has unique genetic composition.
B. sexual reproduction is a lengthy process.
C. genetic material comes from parents of two different species.
D. greater amount of DNA is involved in sexual reproduction.
2. In the human body which element is most abundant by weight and by number respectively?
A. carbon, hydrogen.
B. oxygen, hydrogen.
C. oxygen, carbon.
D. carbon, nitrogen.
3. Approximately how many cells of staphylococci will be able to fit in the volume of a human red blood cell?
4. Although intracellular bacterial infection can be treated by giving an antibiotic that blocks protein synthesis, it doesn’t affect human cells. Why?
A. Antibiotic molecules can’t enter human cells.
B. Antibiotic gets degraded by human cell.
C. Human ribosomes are different from bacterial ribosomes.
D. Human genetic code is different from bacterial genetic code.
5. Which of the following groups of animals you would expect to evolve chemical defences against predators?
A. slow moving with hard shell.
B. sedentary without a hard shell.
6. Which of the following techniques will be useful for tracing the origin of Onge tribe in Andamans?
A. blood grouping.
B. mitochondrial DNA analysis.
C. DNA fingerprinting.
16. The correct stability order of −C−−−N, −C−−−P, −C−−−As, and −C−−−Sb bonds would be
A. −C−−−N > −C−−−As > −C−−−Sb > −C−−−P.
B. −C−−−As > −C−−−N > −C−−−P > −C−−−Sb.
C. −C−−−N > −C−−−P > −C−−−As > −C−−−Sb.
D. −C−−−Sb > −C−−−As > −C−−−P > −C−−−N.
17. As predicted by VSEPR theory, the molecular shapes of XeF2 and XeF4 are respectively
A. Bent and square planar.
B. Linear and tetrahedral.
C. Bent and tetrahedral.
D. Linear and square planar.
18. Which of the following statements holds true for Cu(I) and Cu(II) complexes?
A. Cu(II) complexes are diamagnetic but Cu(I) complexes are paramagnetic.
B. Both Cu(I) and Cu(II) complexes are paramagnetic.
C. Both Cu(I) and Cu(II) complexes are diamagnetic.
D. Cu(II) complexes are paramagnetic but Cu(I) complexes are diamagnetic.
31. The equations of two lines are x + 2y = 1 and 2x − y = 3.
A. These lines are parallel.
B. These lines are perpendicular.
C. These lines are at an angle of 60◦
D. These lines are at an angle of 30◦
33. There are five students. Arul and Neeraj are Mathematics students. Sunny likes Biology. Mathematics students dislike Chemistry. Students who like Biology cannot dislike Chemistry. Students who want to take Physics must like all other subjects. Swati and Manas want to take Physics. The number of students who dislike Chemistry is
38. The length of the shortest path in space between the z-axis and the line given by the equations z = 0 and y = 1 is
46. Dimension of Planck’s constant is equivalent to the dimension of which of the following quantities?
C. Linear momentum.
D. Angular momentum
IISER Aptitude Test Model Paper
The complete sample paper is given below.
If you have any queries, please ask in the comments below.