IIT Madras MS Admission 2019 – IIT Madras has released notification for admission to the MS Programme in various discipline for July 2019 session. The application form of MS Programme is available now, interested candidates can fill the same from the direct link which is given below. The last date for submission of completed form through online mode is March 31, 2019. Admission will be based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test. Details of IIT Madras MS Admission 2019 like application form, selection process, and other important information are given on this page to make it convenient for candidates who are interested in IIT Madras MS Admission 2019.
IIT Madras MS Admission 2019 – July Session
Candidates are required to submit the application ONLINE. Candidates can submit a separate application to departments of their choice by paying a separate application fee. The non-refundable application fee for the GN/EWS/OBC-NCL male candidates is Rs 100/-, for GN/EWS/OBC-NCL female candidates is Rs 50/- and for SC/ST and PWD candidates is Rs 50/-. After the registration process shortlisted candidates will be called for test and interview. Admission schedule and details for “test and interview” is provided below.
Schedule for the IIT Madras MS Admission 2019 is given below:
|Registration of Application forms will be open on||01 Mar 2019|
|Last date for Registration of application through online for July 2019 session||31 Mar 2019|
|Interview and or Test (on or before)||**|
|Date of Admission||08 Jul 2019|
|Orientation||09 Jul 2019|
|Photo session & Data Entry||201910 Jul|
** Intimation on “written test and interview” or “interview” indicating the date, time & venue will be provided by the respective Departments through email to the shortlisted candidates.
List of Selected Candidates for M.S. Programme for IIT Madras MS Admission 2019 has been published by IIT Madras. Candidates can check the same from the official website i.e., www.iitm.ac.in or the direct link which is provided below.
Selected Candidates: Click here to check the list of provisionally selected candidates for admission in the MS program.
Candidates seeking admission to IIT Madras in MS Programme can apply online from the official website at https://research.iitm.ac.in/. Before applying for MS Programme candidate must ensure their eligibility criteria. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details before submitting the application form. You can also apply online from the direct link is given below.
Apply Online: Candidates can apply for the MS Programme from the below links.
Note: Applications received from April 01, 2019, will be considered through anytime admission mode by the respective department. Shortlisted candidates will be called for test and interview or interview from time to time
Below we mentioned the categories wise application fee for those who applying for the IIT Madras MS Admission 2019.
- GN/OBC-NCL Male candidates: Rs.100/-
- GN/OBC-NCL Female candidates: Rs.50/-
- SC/ST and PwD candidates: Rs.50/-
Note: Candidates called for written test/interview should bring with them Printed copy of the application submitted online along with Original and photo copies of relevant certificates.
How to apply online?
Sign-up / Register at research.iitm.ac.in.
- Firstly, candidates have to visit the official website i.e https://research.iitm.ac.in/
- Then enter user name and Email ID.
- Then press “Create new account” for registration.
- Upon registering, a mail will be sent to the mail ID which will contain the link to activate the account.
Update Profile Information.
- Update profile information under “My Profile” menu.
(A) For Regular Research Scholars:
M.S. in Engineering
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score or a Master’s degree in appropriate Sciences/Management where eligible with a good academic record and a valid GATE score tenable for the current year in the relevant areas.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications), the Aeronautical society of India, the Indian Institute of Metals, the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, the Institute of Electronics and Tele-communication Engineering and other professional bodies approved by the Senate from time to time.
- Candidates having qualified in MFT (Major Field Test) will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme if the concerned department opt for it.
- IIT B.Tech candidates with a CGPA of 8.0 and above, are eligible to apply for M.S. Programme.
M.S. in Management
a) Bachelors degree or equivalent in any professional discipline of minimum four years duration or Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, with a good academic record,, and
b) A good score or pass in:
- national level post graduate admission qualifying examinations such as GATE/CAT
- International level post graduate admission qualifying examination such as GMAT along with TOEFL / IELTS (only for international candidates).
- at least 3 years of managerial experience in lieu of the qualifying test. (This clause is only for Non-HTRA candidates).
c) Candidates having qualified in MFT (Major Field Test) will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme if the concerned department opt for it.
M.S. in Entrepreneurship:
The minimum eligibility requirement for admission will be graduates with a B.Tech/B.E. or any postgraduate degree (eg. M.A or M.Com will be eligible; not B.A. or B.Com graduate).
The existing admission criteria for Regular HTRA and non-HTRA admissions to be retained. For HTRA, the candidate will need to qualify in GATE/CAT and to any of the approved national qualifying exams eligible for scholarship at the time of accepting offer of admission or CGPA over or equal to 8.0 CGPA for graduates from centrally funded technical institutions (including IITM).Under the non-HTRA category, anyone with a B.Tech or postgraduate degree can apply.
In addition all candidates must submit a Proposal for a start-up, which will be evaluated by the Screening Committee first, before recommending selected applications to the Admissions/Selection Committee for a one – to- one interview.
For Permanent Institute Staff Members/Research Scholars under External Registration / Research Scholars under Part-Time Registration:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree in appropriate Sciences/Management where eligible with a good academic record.
However, valid GATE score or CAT or equivalent qualification as applicable for Regular research scholars may not be required in these cases.
Interview for the selected candidates
Shortlisted candidates will be called for interview by the Selection Committees of the respective departments. Intimation on “interview” indicating the date, time & venue will be provided by the respective Departments through email to the shortlisted candidates. Candidates can check the list of shortlisted candidates from the direct link which will be provided below.
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications (as given in section 5, eligible degree as given in section 6) and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the departments from time to time, will be called for an “test and interview”or “interview” by the Selection Committees of the respective departments.
For candidates who have obtained PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application, a departmental test will be conducted.
The applications of foreign nationals may be considered without a personal interview / test
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Departmental Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the M.S. / Ph.D. programme
Original Documents to be submitted at the time of interview/Admission
At the time of Interview:
- A Printed copy of application mailed to the candidates after online registration.
- All the semesters Mark sheet/grade card / provisional / degree certificates beginning from first degree towards proof of qualification.
- Community Certificate in the case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates issued by the respective State Government. The candidates claiming for EWS (Economically Weaker sections) reservation should submit valid certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Authorised Doctor’s Certificate with disability descriptions in the case of Person with Disability (PwD) candidates.
- Copy of GATE score card or Original UGC – JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/ DAE-JEST or other fellowship award.
- Project Co-ordinator’s certificate in the prescribed format and a copy of project appointment letter from Dean IC & SR of IITM in the case of Project Associate if already appointed.
At the time of Admission
- The offer of admission.
- Birth Certificate.
- Aadhar No.
- The first page of SSLC/SSC/Matriculation certificate along with application form.
- Original GATE Score Card/UGC-JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/DAE-JEST or other fellowship award letter.
- Degree certificate/Provisional/Course completion certificate/Grade Cards/Mark sheets of all the semesters of degrees obtained.
- SC/ST/OBC-NCL community certificate for the candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category. [OBC-NCL scholars to upload the latest valid Non-creamy layer community certificate in the prescribed format obtained after 01/10/2018]. The candidates claiming for EWS (Economically Weaker sections) reservation should submit valid certificate issued by the concerned authority.
- Relieving order/Resignation acceptance letter from the employer in the case of Regular candidates (HTRA / NHTRA / PROJECT / CSIR-JRF / UGC-JRF), if employed except candidates selected under IITM Staff scheme.
In addition to the above –
External candidates (from the present employer)
- Research Co-ordinator letter.
- Research Co-ordinator Degree certificate.
- NoC/Relief & Sponsorship certificate from the present employer
For Part-time candidates
- NoC/Relief & Sponsorship certificate from the present employer
For Project candidates
- Project Coordinator letter.
Reservation of Seats
Reservations are applicable to EWS/SC/ST/OBC-NCL/Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates as per Govt. of India rules but the final selection is based on the performance of the candidate in “test and interview” or “interview” conducted by the respective Departmental Selection Committee.
Q1. What are the different modes of payment available?
ANS: Debit Card/Credit Card /Net Banking.
Q2. I have paid the Application fee? And Still the Status is “Pending”?
ANS: The Application Status will be upgraded shortly. (Or) your transaction has failed and the amount will be refunded to your account shortly. Please confirm the refund to your account after 48 hours.
Q3. I am residing Outside India. How I can make payment?
ANS: Foreign students will be able to use the Debit Card/Credit Card /Net Banking option to make the payment.
Q4. What are required documents for upload?
ANS: Photo is mandatory. If you have taken any Qualifying Exam, the Score Card of Qualifying Exam is mandatory. If you have got a University Rank, a certificate of the University Rank is mandatory.
Q5. How long is a GATE Score valid?
ANS: Only for 3 years.
Q6. It is keeping on showing; your GATE detail is incorrect?
ANS: GATE Score is valid for only 3 years. Please check the validity of your score. While entering GATE details, enter Registration no. with subject code. eg: EC11075S3119
Q7. I want to apply to more than 4 departments now, how to do?
ANS: You can submit separate application to departments of your choice by paying separate application fee.
Q8. I have additional Qualification, where to enter?
ANS: In Additional Information Space.
Q9. I am not able to apply to any department?
ANS: You need to fill up the mandatory field in “My Profile” section, Check the “Submit Profile” option and then move to “Apply to Department” Page.
Q10. I have committed mistakes in my application?
ANS: Inform us at the time of Interview.
Q11. My university doesn’t issue University Rank certificate. What is the solution?
ANS: If you claim Rank then you have to upload some proof to support your claim.
Q12. My Discipline is not listed, what can I do?
ANS: Name of the Degree is sufficient. Select the option “All other disciplines…” in the respective field”.
Q13. I am using Chrome/Firefox/IE/Opera browser. I am unable to apply to any departments?
ANS: Perhaps you have not submitted your profile. Please check the Check box above and click the “Submit Profile” button. The application has been tested on multiple browsers and operating systems.
Q14. When/how to known my application is submitted successfully?
ANS: After Payment is Successful.
Q15. Site is slow?
ANS: Please be patient. We cater to over 5000 users, many of whom will be concurrent users of the database.
Q16. I have not received any mail after submitting the application?
ANS: In case the mail is not delivered, use “apply to department” menu to download application.
Q17. I am facing a problem when I applied through On-line; I am not able to upload my supporting documents as my qualification certificate of UGC-NET test since it has not reached yet. I have GATE score card but my selection procedure has to be done according to my UGC-NET Rank?
ANS: Select the UGC-NET and if possible upload proof for that. If not possible to upload, produce the certificate at the time of interview.
Q18. I wrongly entered the Date of Birth instead of the correct DOB, What can I do?
ANS: At the time of Admission, submit your Birth Certificate Photo copy for correction.
Q19. I want to know, if I would apply for more than one department then how much amount should I pay?
ANS: You can submit separate application to departments of your choice by paying separate application fee.
Q20. What is the percentage of mark equal to CGPA?
ANS: 75% will be considered as equivalent to 8.0 CGPA.
Q21. What is the minimum residential requirement for External / Part-time Category?
ANS: For External / Part-time Category, one semester residential requirement is compulsory to do course work. However, person residing within the commutable distance from IIT Madras will be permitted to do course work without the residential requirement with the permission of their institution subject to fulfilling the course requirement.
Q22. What are the eligibility criteria’s for applying to Direct admission to M.S+Ph.D.?
- ) B.Tech./B.S (4 year) degree holder of Centrally Funded Technical Institute with a minimum CGPA of 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale or 75% without valid GATE Score.
- ) B.Tech./B.S (4 year) degree holder of Centrally Funded Technical Institute with CGPA less than 8.0 on a 10.0 point scale or <75% with valid GATE Score.
- ) B.Tech./B.E/B.S (4 year) degree holder from any other University with 8 CGPA or 75% and having a valid GATE score.
Q23. I have completed my B.Tech. in Mechatronics, can I apply for M.S.?
ANS: Candidates having main subject in one department can apply for another department. However, please check area for research in the admission brochure before applying.
Q24. I have completed my M.S. in US, whether it is equivalent to M.Tech, am I eligible for Ph.D.?
ANS: For M.S. from US/UK, if it is 2 years programme then it is equivalent to M.Tech. Courses having duration of below 2 years and it will not be considered as PG Degree equivalent for admission.
Q25. There is an error in my Profile, is it necessary to correct the error?
ANS: You have to submit the proof and rectify the error at the time of Interview.
Q26. I am having MCA with 13 years work experience and heading a IT start up as a Co-founder & CEO, Can I apply for research program as External?
ANS: External / Part-time category is only for regular employee working in public/private sector etc. However, for External category, Lab approval by DST or IIT is required. PG with 5 years and above experience can apply for regular NHTRA in the Department of Management Studies.
Q27. I am working at Mumbai, can I apply for M.S/Ph.D under Part-time category?
ANS: Your current working organization should be situated within commutable distance from IIT Madras.
Q28. The profile related to my basic information got created but when I switched on to the department, the application status is shown as pending and is not proceeding forward?
ANS: Click on the pending link to pay through online
Q29. How can I UPLOAD GATE Score Card?
ANS: Scan GATE Score card and upload it in the “Supporting Documents” field.
Q30. What Registration Number I have to enter in GATE Reg. No. field?
ANS: Enter your Registration number (eg: AE398476559)
Q31. How to get Completed Application?
ANS: There is two way to get application (1) You will get it after payment through email, if this mail function fail (2) you can login to research portal and go to “Apply to Department” menu on that page there will be a link “download application”, click on the link to get completed application.
Q32. How to get Modified Application?
ANS: You can login to research portal and go to “Apply to Department” menu on the page; there will be a link “download application”, Click on the link to get modified application.
Q33. Whether the application can be edited after final submission?
ANS: NO, you have to re-apply and pay the application fee.
Q34. Any other Issue other than mentioned in FAQ?
ANS: Register a complaint.
Official Website: www.iitm.ac.in.
For More Detail of IIT Madras MS Admission 2019 – Download Information Brochure.