|Manipal University||Apply Now for MU OET|
|SRM University||Apply Now for SRMJEEE|
|JEE Main 2018 Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern.||Get All Details Here|
IIT Madras MS Admission 2018 – IIT Madras has released notification for admission to the MS Programme in various discipline for July 2018 session. Details of IIT Madras MS 2018 like application form, selection process and other important information are given on this page to make it convenient for candidates who are interested in IIT Madras MS Admission 2018.
Schedule for the IIT Madras MS Admission 2018 is given below.
|Registration of Application forms will be open on||23 Sep 2017|
|Last date for Registration of application through on-line||22 Oct 2017|
|Interview and or Test (on or before)||to be announced|
|Selected candidates list display in the Research website||to be announced|
|Selected Candidates to join on||to be announced|
Candidates seeking admission to IIT Madras in MS Programme can apply online from the official website at www.iitm.ac.in. Before applying for MS Programme candidate must ensure their eligibility criteria. Candidates are advised to read carefully eligibility criteria and other details before submit the application form. Candidates may also apply online from the given below link.
Note: You are required to submit the application online. No downloadable Forms will be available. After filling the form, you are advised to take a print of your application and keep the same for the record.
The application fee is as follows:
- GN/OBC-NCL Male candidates : Rs.100/-
- GN/OBC-NCL Female candidates : Rs.50/-
- SC/ST and PwD candidates : Rs.50/-
Note : Candidates can submit separate application to departments of your choice by paying separate application fee.
How to apply online?
1. Sign-up / Register at https://research.iitm.ac.in/user.
- Ensure that there are no empty spaces in login name.
- Issues have been reported when hotmail ID were used for registration. Kindly keep this in mind when providing mail ID.
- Upon registering, a mail will be sent to the mail ID which will contain link to activate account.
2. Update Profile Information.
- Update profile information under “My Profile” menu.
3. How many Applications allowed per user?
- Use “Apply to Department” menu to fill in the application ( Maximum 3 applications allowed per user).
4. How to download the Application:
- An application number is generated after finishing the payment process.
- A mail containing application will be sent to mail ID.
In case the mail is not delivered, use “apply to department” menu to download application. Candidates called for written test/interview should bring with them (i) Printed copy of the application submitted online along with Original and photo copies of relevant certificates.
(A) For Regular Research Scholars:
M.S. in Engineering
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology with valid GATE score or a Master’s degree in appropriate Sciences/Management where eligible with a good academic record and a valid GATE score or CAT/AIMA or equivalent qualification tenable for the current year in the relevant areas.
- Candidates having Associate Membership of the following professional bodies will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme of their parent discipline provided they have a valid GATE score and have passed both part A and part B of the Membership examinations with a good academic record.
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communications), the Aeronautical society of India, the Indian Institute of Metals, the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and other professional bodies approved by the Senate from time to time.
- Candidates having qualified in MFT (Major Field Test) will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme if the concerned department opt for it.
- IIT B.Tech candidates with a CGPA score of 8.0 or above on a scale of 10 [SC/ST: 7.5 CGPA] are eligible to apply for M.S. Programme.
M.S. in Management
a) Bachelors degree or equivalent in any professional discipline of minimum four years duration or Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, with a good academic record, and
b) A good score or pass in:
- National level post graduate admission qualifying examinations such as CAT/XAT/MAT/ ATMA/GATE or equivalent, or
- International level post graduate admission qualifying examination such as GMAT/GRE or equivalent.
- at least 3 years of managerial experience in lieu of the qualifying test. (This clause is only for non-HTRA candidates).
c) Candidates having qualified in MFT (Major Field Test) will also be eligible for admission to the M.S. programme if the concerned department opt for it.
M.S. in Entrepreneurship:
The minimum eligibility requirement for admission will be graduates with a B.Tech/B.E. or any postgraduate degree (eg. M.A or M.Com will be eligible; not B.A. or B.Com graduate).
The existing admission criteria for regular HTRA and non-HTRA admissions to be retained. For HTRA, the candidate will need to qualify in GATE/CAT/MAT/XAT and to any of the approved national qualifying exams eligible for scholarship at the time of accepting offer of admission or CGPA over or equal to 8.0 CGPA for graduates from centrally funded technical institutions (including IITM).Under the non-HTRA category, anyone with a BTech or postgraduate degree can apply.
In addition all candidates must submit a Proposal for a start-up, which will be evaluated by the Screening Committee first, before recommending select applications to the Admissions/Selection Committee for a one – to- one interview.
For Institute staff members/Research Scholars under External Registration / Research scholars working on part-time basis:
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or a Master’s degree in appropriate Sciences/Management where eligible with a good academic record.
However, valid GATE score or CAT/AIMA or equivalent qualification as applicable for regular research scholars may not be required in these cases.
Eligible candidates possessing the minimum educational qualifications and satisfying additional and stiffer criteria set by the departments from time to time, will be called for an interview and/or test by the Selection Committees of the respective departments.
For candidates who have obtained PG degree 10 years earlier as on the last date prescribed for receipt of the completed application, a departmental test will be conducted.
The applications of foreign nationals may be considered without a personal interview / test
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the interview and/or test, the Departmental Selection Committee will recommend to the Chairman, Senate the names of candidates found suitable for admission to the Ph.D. programme.
Original Documents to be submitted at the time of interview/Admission
At the time of Interview:
- Printed copy of application mailed to the candidates after online registration.
- All the semesters Mark sheet/grade card / provisional / degree certificates beginning from first degree towards proof of qualification.
- Community Certificate in the case of SC/ST/OBC-NCL candidates issued by the respective State Government.
- Authorised Doctor’s Certificate with disability descriptions in the case of Person with Disabled (PD) candidates.
- Copy of GATE score or NET (UGC-JRF/Lectureship/CSIR/ DAE-JEST) or other fellowship award.
- Project Co-ordinator’s certificate in the prescribed format and a copy of project appointment letter from Dean IC & SR of IITM in the case of Project Associate if already appointed.
At the time of Admission:
- Offer of admission.
- Birth Certificate.
- Aadhar No.
- First page of SSLC/SSC/Matriculation certificate along with application form.
- Original GATE Score Card/UGC-JRF/NET/CSIR-JRF/DAE-JEST or other fellowship award letter.
- Degree certificate/Provisional/Course completion certificate/Grade Cards/Mark sheets of all the semesters of degrees obtained.
- SC/ST/OBC-NCL community certificate for the candidate belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category. [OBC-NCL scholars to upload the latest valid Non-creamy layer community certificate in the prescribed format obtained after 01/08/2017].
- Relieving order/Resignation acceptance letter from the employer in the case of Regular candidates (HTRA / NHTRA / PROJECT / CSIR / UGC), if employed except candidates selected under IITM Staff scheme.
In addition to the above –
For External candidates (from the present employer)
- Research Co-ordinator letter.
- Research Co-ordinator Degree certificate.
- NoC/Relief from the present employer.
For Part-time candidates
- NoC/Relief/Permission from the present employer.
For Project candidates
- Project Coordinator letter.
For More Detail of IIT Madras MS Admission 2018 – Download Information Brochure.