IPU MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission – GGSIPU will grant MBBS and BDS admission in academic session 2020-21 on the basis of NEET 2020 rank. As per the previous year pattern, the University will look after the medical admission in affiliate college. The list of these colleges is given below. For detailed information regarding IPU MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission, candidates can check below for the same.
IPU MBBS / BDS 2020 Admission via NEET
GGSIPU will conduct Common Counselling for admission in MBBS programme. On the basis of previous year exam, the list of colleges under GGSIPU is mentioned below.
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital
- North DMC Medical College and Hindu Rao Hospital
- Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital
- Army College of Medical Sciences
Eligibility for admission to MBBS/BDS 2020 in IPU
The eligibility criteria for counseling and admission, on the basis of last year exam, is as below:
- Candidate should be an Indian/Nepal citizen. Non-Resident Indians and Foreign Nationals are not eligible.
- The candidate should be medically fit to pursue the allocated course on medical examination.
- The candidate should have attained the age of 17 years.
Candidate should have passed the 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme/Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of the recognised University/Board of any Indian State with physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology and english (core or elective or functional). Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English (core or elective or functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology /Biotechnology(40% in case of SC/ST candidates, subject to availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions).
Candidate, who have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system conducted by the C.B.S.E./ Council of the Indian School Certificate Examination/Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi with required subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from the recognized schools conducting regular classes situated within the National Capital Territory of Delhi only, will be eligible for admission for BDS Programme. Candidate must have passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English (core or elective or functional) individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (40% in case of SC/ST candidates, subject to the availability of seat for these categories in the respective institutions).
- All those candidates who have appeared in the qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or Biotechnology for MBBS only in lieu of Biology) and English (core or elective or functional) and expect to pass the examination with required percentage of marks are also eligible to apply.
- However, their candidature will be considered only if they are able to produce documentary evidence of having passed the qualifying examination with the required subjects and percentage of marks at the time of counselling for admission.
- NO PROVISIONAL ADMISSION WILL BE DONE FOR ANY RESULT AWAITED OR COMPARTMENT / SUPPLEMANTARY CASES. However, In case the result of the Compartment/Supplementary examination(s) is declared by the time of admission/counselling and the candidate fulfills the eligibility conditions as mentioned above, then such candidates would be eligible for the admission for the academic session 2020-21
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they posses the requisite eligibility and qualifications for admission. Appearing for the written examination / applying for admissions does not necessarily mean acceptance of eligibility.
- There will be no rounding-off of the percentage of marks of qualifying examination while deciding the basic eligibility of any candidate for admission e.g. if a candidate obtained 49.9% marks in his/her qualifying examination, then it will not be rounded-off to 50%. Therefore, the candidate is not eligible for that programme where minimum requirement of marks is 50%. In case candidate for any reason mentions the minimum percentage wrongly in verification form, he/she shall be exclusively responsible.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Admission Committee shall be final. However, an appeal could be made to the Vice-Chancellor, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University against such a decision.
Age Limit for MBBS/BDS Admission in GGSIPU
Candidate should be not less than seventeen (17) years for BHMS / BAMS / MBBS / BDS Programme.
|S.no.||Name of program||Candidate should not be beyond|
IPU CET MBBS/BDS 2020 Application Form
The procedure to fill the application form, on the basis of last year, is mentioned below, candidates can check for the same.
- The application form will be released online as per schedule.
- All candidates desirous of seeking admissions will have to fill up the form for registration with the University.
- The candidates will have to fill the NEET roll no and other details in the online application form of the University after the same will issue by the relevant NEET organizing body(s), except for the PGMC (CET) for which the last date for form filling.
- For Programmes other than PGMC the University will notify the dates from which the NEET roll no information is to be updated by the candidates. Non providing / filling of the NEET rollno shall disqualify the candidate and the candidate shall not be considered for admissions.
- The University will notify the last dates of application forms for all programmes of studies covered under NEET based admissions (except PGMC) separately. The notification shall be placed on the University website.
- The University notification for filling up the NEET rollno will be put on the University website http://www.ipu.ac.in. Thus, all candidates must see the University website periodically for this information.
The fee structure to be charged by various colleges, on the basis of last year exam, for admission in MBBS is as follows.
The counseling procedure for IPU MBBS and BDS admission is that the candidate is first required to register. Once the registration process is over, the candidate is to visit the centre for the document verification. After the successful verification, the candidate will be called for seat allocation.
During the allocation of seats, rank of the candidate and their choices for course and college will be match. If seat in available in the desired course and college and the rank of the candidate is suitable, the seat will be allocated. To accept the seat, candidate will have to pay the fee amount. However, the candidates may also opt for the following options.
Seats Matrix for IPU MBBS and BDS Admission 2020
The seat matrix on the basis of the last year exam is mentioned below. Any changes in the seat matrix for IPU MBBS and BDS Admission 2020 will be updated here.
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College
|Type of seats||Category||Number of Seats|
|I. All India Region|
|B. Non Subsidized||Open to all categories||9|
|II. Delhi Region|
|B. Non Subsidized||Open to all categories||16|
|III. All India Quota to be filled through CBSE Conducted Test||23|
|IV. Central Pool Allocation||6|
North Delhi Municipal Corporation (Medical College) Hindu Rao Hospital
|S.No.||Category||Number of Seats|
|5||15% of all India Quota to be filled by successful candidates by Centralized Counselling (Not by University)||8|
Army College of Medical Sciences (ACMS)
|S.No.||Category||Number of Seats|
|1||Seats reserved for wards/widows of army personnel||82|
|3||All India SC||2|
|5||All India ST||1|
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital
|S.No.||Category||Number of Seats|
|5||15% of all India Quota to be filled by successful candidates by Centralized Counselling (Not by University)||15|
Insofar, official details for IPU MBBS/BDS 2020 Admission has not been announced yet. Information on this page is as per last year information and for reference purpose only. As soon the University will release official details, it will be updated here.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.