IIT JAM Preparation 2020 – Joint Admission Test (JAM) can be prepared by the students to get admission in the M.Sc. (two years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree and other post- bachelor degree courses. In paper-1 the questions are going to be asked from biotechnology, physics and mathematical statistics and in paper-2 the questions are going to be asked from chemistry, geology and mathematics. Students can check syllabus for subjects of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biotechnology, geology, mathematical statistics. Exam is an online computer based exam. To check complete syllabus, books for preparation, exam pattern, preparation tips and other information is provided below.
IIT JAM Preparation 2020
Students can check the details and overview of the exam which is provided below.
Overview of IIT JAM 2020
|IIT JAM 2020||Computer Based Test|
|Session – 1||Questions asked from biotechnology, physics and mathematical statistics subjects|
|Session – 2||Questions asked from biotechnology, physics and mathematical statistics subjects|
Note – Some tips for preparation are provided below.
- Students must refer to the books for understanding of concepts and must watch the online videos for solving the questions as this helps in increasing the power of solving the questions quickly.
- Try to explore topics online as it helps in better understanding of the concepts and enhance knowledge.
- Try to practice MCQ, MSQ and NAT questions present in the mock tests.
- Read all the instructions before starting to practice previous year question papers as well as before starting the online test.
Syllabus for IIT JAM Preparation 2020
The syllabus for the IIT Jam preparation can be downloaded and provided for the students for preparation. Syllabus provided for the exam for all the subjects which are mathematics, physics, chemistry, biotechnology, geology, mathematical statistics can be checked after getting directed to the page from the button provided below and by going to link provided for syllabus of each subject in the directed page.
How to prepare for IIT JAM 2020?
Students can follow the points given below for the preparation of IIT JAM.
- Plan: Students must make a proper schedule for studying the whole syllabus and plan accordingly the method for thorough preparation form syllabus.
- Books Preference: The study must be done from the books which covers the whole syllabus and other study material provided for preparation.
- Previous Year question Papers: The books in which previous year question papers are also provided with the syllabus must be referred. Students must practice from the mock tests provided online.
- Time Table: Students must prepare a time table and focus on studying the important topics having more marks according to the marking scheme.
- Revision: Make short notes and leave some time for revision.
Exam Pattern for IIT JAM 2020
Students must follow the exam pattern for papers of all subjects (Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Geology, Mathematical Statistics) is provided below.
Language: The language of the exam is English only.
Mode: The exam is an online computer based test having six test papers.
Sections: Exam has three sections which are section A, B and C.
Total Number of Questions: The exam carries total 60 questions of 100 marks.
Type of Questions: Section A has Multiple choice Questions (MCQ), Section B has Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and section C has Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
Duration of the Exam: The duration of the exam is 3 hours.
Marking Scheme: In section A for each wrong answer to 1 mark questions, 1/3 marks is going to be deducted and for each wrong answer to to 2 mark question, 2/3 marks is going to be deducted. In section B and section C there is no negative marking. For not attempting the questions no marks will be deducted or given.
The distribution of marks for each section is provided below.
|Sections||Type of Questions||Number of Questions|
|Section A||Multiple Choice Questions||10 questions of 1 mark|
20 questions of 2 mark
|Section B||Multiple Select Questions||10 questions of 2 mark|
|Section C||Numerical Answer Type||10 questions of 1 mark|
10 questions of 2 mark
Books for IIT JAM Preparation 2020
The preparation from the books should be done thoroughly. Books helps in understanding the concepts on the basis of which the questions can be solved easily in the exam. The students can get books for the preparation of the each subject given in the syllabus from below.
|Subjects for Preparation||Get Books|
|Biological Sciences – Discontinued from 2020!||Get Here|
About IIT JAM 2020
Joint Admission Test (JAM) 2020 is being conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. Students to get admission in the M.Sc. (two years), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree and other post- bachelor degree courses can apply for the exam. Courses offered by the institute of IITs and Ph.D degree programmes offered by Indian Institute of Sciences helps students to grow in their career. Institute imparts education according to the programme chosen by the students.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.