JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 will be announced by Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education Research (JIPMER) on its official website i.e Jipmer.edu.in. Candidates who are going to appear for JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam can check their result from online mode only. Result will contain the list of candidates who have qualified the exam and are selected for counselling. There will be separate merit list for Part 1 and Part 2 of examination. The candidates may check their result from the JIPMER MBBS 2018 Merit List as per the official announcment. To know more about JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result candidates must read the article below.d
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result
Jipmer MBBS 2018 result is expected to be announced in Third week of Jun 2018. After the declaration for result candidates have to appear for Counselling process schedule for the same is given below.
|JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018||03 Jun 2018|
|JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam Result 2018 date||Third week of Jun 2018|
|JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam Result 2018 Rank Letter release||Third week of Jun 2018|
|First counselling||27 to 29 Jun 2018|
|Second counselling||25 Jul 2018|
|Third counselling||20 Aug 2018|
|Final Counselling||28 Sep 2018|
|Date of closing of Admission||30 Sep 2018|
|Course start||01 Jul 2018|
Result: Result will be announced on www.jipmer.edu.in
Content of JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result
JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 contains the following details
- Roll Number
- Name of candidate
- Date of birth
- Biology Percentile
- Chemistry percentile
- Physics percentile
- English and Comprehension Percentile
- Logic and Quantitative Reasoning Percentile
- Total percentile
- OPH yes or no
- UR rank
- OBC rank
- SC rank
- ST rank
- OPH rank
- OCI NRI Rank
- P UR Rank
- P OBC Rank
- P SC Rank
- Eligibility Status
How to check JIPMER MBBS Result 2018?
Candidates can easily check the result of JIPMER MBBS 2018 by following the steps below:
- Check the pdfs displayed above.
- Seek your Roll Number and Name on it.
- Check you sectional and over all percentile.
- See if you are eligible or not.
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 Result is for admission to 200 seats for 4 years and 6 months duration MBBS program. Following is a break up of seats.
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
|NRI / OCI||5||1||6|
|Category||JIPMER Puducherry||JIPMER Karaikal||Total|
Marking Scheme / Percentile
About JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018
Language – English
Types of questions – MCQs with single best response.
Syllabus – Prescribed by state board higher secondary and CBSE for class 11 and 12.
|Subject||Number of questions|
|English language and comprehension||10|
|Logical and quantitative reasoning||10|
Awarding of marks
Online exam system considers that answer as marked which candidate has marked as answered. Those marked for review will not be considered.
- A correct response leads to award of 4 marks.
- No mark is deducted for incorrect response.
- Marks that equal number of correct answer multiplied by four will be the raw score.
Raw score is converted to percentile. For a single shift, percentile is as follows.
- (Number of candidates from the group with aggregate mark less than a candidate / Number of candidates in that particular shift ) x 100
Percentile score is found out up to 7 decimal places.
JIPMER then compiles percentile scores for total marks of both shifts to create merit for JIPMER MBBS Result 2018.
Method of resolving ties
The importance of marks in different subjects will be used to resolve ties wherever two or more candidates have same percentile in overall.
- Biology: Higher Biology percentile gets a better rank.
- Chemistry: Higher Chemistry percentile gets a better rank if Biology percentile is same.
- Physics: Higher Physics percentile gets a better rank if Chemistry percentile is also same.
- English language and comprehension: Higher English language and comprehension percentile gets a better rank if Physics percentile is same.
- Logical and quantitative reasoning: Higher Logical and quantitative reasoning percentile gets a better rank if English language and comprehension percentile is same.
- Age: If percentile is same, then candidate older in age gets higher rank.
A candidate must have minimum qualifying marks in order to be in JIPMER MBBS Merit List 2018. Cut off of JIPMER MBBS 2018 is given below for reference purpose only.
|Unreserved (UR) / OCI / NRI||50|
|Unreserved (UR) – OPH||45|
|SC / ST / OBC – OPH||40|
If candidate’s percentile is lesser than minimum percentile set (given above), then he or she will not be considered for admission. Names of such candidates will not be in the merit list.
By the same token, JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 will display names and roll numbers of those who have scored more than cut off.
In the case of NRI and OCI candidates it is necessary that candidate has opted for admission under self financing scheme at time of application.
Method of Selection Using JIPMER MBBS 2018 Result
The online examination is of 800 marks in total. There will be 200 questions of worth 4 marks each. There is no negative marking. The marks calculated after the exam will be a raw score. This Raw Score will be used to determine Percentile score/ Eligibility using Cut-Offs and Normalization/ and Merit / Ranking.
Insofar, only the schedule of JIPMER MBBS Result 2018 have not been announced.Other information on this page is as per last year brochure and for reference purpose only. As soon as JIPMER releases JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 information brochure, details will be updated here.