JoSAA 2020 Registration and Choice Filling – Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA), has started JoSAA registration and choice filling at josaa.nic.in. The last date to register and fill the choices is October 15, 2020. To registration, candidates need to login to the portal with their JEE Main application number and JEE Main / advanced password to start filling choices, then seat allotment is done followed by the documents verification and remittance of fee. Scroll below to know more about the steps to fill choices, mock rounds, seat allotment process of JoSAA 2020 Registration and Choice Filling in detail.
Latest: JoSAA 2020 registration and choice filling is now open. Direct link for the same is given below.
JoSAA 2020 Registration and Choice Filling
Candidates should note that there is no fee for filling in the choices. They should also note that even if they are eligible for JoSAA 2020 counselling through all three i.e JEE (Advanced), JEE Main Paper 1 and JEE Main Paper 2, they are allotted only 1 seat from among the choices. Hence, always fill the choices according to priority. Shown below are the important dates.
|Declaration of JEE MAIN Result||11 Sep 2020|
|Declaration of JEE Advanced Result||5 Oct 2020|
|Registration and Choice filling||6 Oct 2020|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation-1||12 Oct 2020|
|Display of Mock Seat Allocation-2||14 Oct 2020|
|Last date of Registration and Choice filling||15 Oct 2020|
Register Here: Click here for JoSAA 2020 registration and choice filling.
JoSAA 2020 Registration and Choice Filling Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who qualify these conditions / mentioned below eligibility criteria can take part in JoSAA 2020 Registration and Choice Filling procedure.
- The candidate must be qualified in JEE (Advanced) 2020 for academic programs excluding the preparatory courses at IIT.
- They should have passed Class 12 as per norms.
- The candidate must be qualified in JEE (Advanced) 2020 for preparatory courses at IITs.
- They should passed Class 12 as per norms.
- The candidate must have secured a rank in JEE (Main) 2020 Paper-1 for B.E./B.Tech programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs.
- Candidate must have passed Class 12 with PCM subjects with any of these vocational subjects i.e Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical.
- The candidate must have secured a rank in JEE (Main) 2020 Paper-2 for B.Arch./ B. Planning programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs
- Candidate must have passed Class 12 with Mathematics as a subject.
JoSAA 2020 Registration and Choice Filling Steps
Candidates can follow the mentioned below steps to register for JoSAA 2020.
STEP 1: First of all, go to the official website or click on the above mentioned link.
STEP 2: Now, click on the JoSAA 2020 Candidate Registration and Choice Filling button on the homepage.
STEP 3: Thereafter, candidates need to login using the below given details to start registration and choice filling.
- JEE Main application number
- Password: If you have registered for JEE (Advanced) 2020 then use JEE (Advanced) 2020 password. Otherwise use JEE(Main) 2020 password.
STEP 4: Next, they can login to start registration and filling their choices as per / in order of preference.
JoSAA 2020 Registration and Choice Filling Mock Round
Joint Seat Allocation Authority allows a 10 day window to the candidate to fill in their choices. This window is not extended beyond 10 days. It is held in 2 rounds. Candidate should ensure that they have fill their best choices. They can choose as many programmes as possible.
Mock Seat Allotment Result: Thereafter, the result for the mock round is declared. Candidates can get a rough idea about how the Round 1 seat allotment is like and what seats they are going to get.
- Candidate cannot edit / modify their choices after the last date.
- They should lock their choices in the order of preference only.
- They cannot change the order or delete any course after the completion of deadline.
- Do not forget to get a print of the locked choices.
JoSAA 2020 Seat Allotment
The official body then releases the JoSAA 2020 seat allotment result. It is held in 7 rounds. However, the candidate can either freeze, float or slide the seats allotted to them as per their choice. They need to download the “Provisional Seat Allocation Letter” and an e-challan for remittance of seat acceptance fee. They should note that this fee is adjusted against the admission fee later on. Thereafter, they need to appear the allotted venue for document verification and fee payment.
JoSAA 2020 Counselling FAQs
Ques 1. Can I fill more than one choice at time of JoSAA 2020 Registration and Choice Filling?
Ques 2. Is it important to lock the choices?
Ques 3. I did not save my choice! What will happen now?
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.