Pearl Academy Admission 2018 is on basis of Fashion Designing Entrance Exam 2018. The entrance examination for the admission will be held on April 21 & 28, 2018. Candidates willing to appear for the examination are first required to submit the application form and fee. The forms for Pearl Academy Admission 2018 are available online and application fee is Rs. 1500. The exam shall be conducted at centers as decided by the institute. Get complete details of Pearl Academy Admission 2018 such as application form, admit card, result from here.
Pearl Academy Admission 2018
The important dates of the Pearl Academy 2018 admission are mentioned in the table below. Candidates can go through them.
|Important Event||Dates (Revised)|
|The last date to apply for April Cycle
Campus locations (Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Jaipur)
|16 Apr 2018|
|The last date to apply for all other locations||23 Apr 2018|
|Admit Card release on||19 Apr 2018|
|Pearl Academy entrance examination
Campus locations (Delhi, Noida, Mumbai, Jaipur)
|21 Apr 2018|
|Pearl Academy entrance examination for all other locations||28 Apr 2018|
|Declaration of Entrance exam Result||03 May 2018|
The Pearl Academy Admission Test 2018 results will be announced after successful conduction of Exam. The details are available on the official website of Pearl Academy.
Pearl Academy Application Form
The application form for Pearl Academy admission will be released online only. The candidates first need to register by entering the following details:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Email ID
- Confirm Password
- Mobile Number
After the registration, the candidates will get an OPT and with of it, the candidates will be able to verify. Next, the candidates will have to check the e-mail id and click on the link for “Activating the Account”. Then, the candidates will be able to access the application form and enter details in it.
Application Fee – In order to submit the application form, the candidates will also have to pay the application fee. The fee amount is Rs. 1500 and the candidates can submit it via Debit/Credit Card or Demand Draft
Eligibility Criteria for Pearl Academy Admission
The eligibility criteria for the Pearl Academy Admission 2018 is as mentioned below:
For 3-Year/4-Year Under Graduate Programmes: 10+2, or equivalent
For 2 Year PG Course / 11 Months PG program: Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
11 Months Professional Program: 10+2 or equivalent
For below-given programmes, eligibility criteria have not been announced. it will be Updated as per the official announcement.
For 1-year Professional Program:
- PDEFB & PDPRE: Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- PDIC: Graduate Degree in Fashion Design or Textile Design, from a recognized university.
For 1-UG Diploma Programmes: 10+2, or equivalent
For 2-Year Masters Programmes:
|MAFT||A graduate Degree in fashion design or textile design
Or A graduate diploma in fashion design or textile design with at least 2 years work experience in fashion/textiles industry
Any graduate with 3 years work experience in fashion/textiles industry
|MAFMG||Essential: Graduate Degree (or equivalent)
Desirable: Graduation in Fashion Management, Marketing, Retail, Merchandising, Manufacturing or Design
At least 3 years fashion business experience
At the time of interviews, all candidates will be thoroughly assessed by Pearl Academy for suitability to be enrolled to MA ie., Bridge (Semester-0) + MA (3-semester course) or directly to the Semester-1, based on the candidate’s credentials.
The Bridge is a provision for students who would benefit from a stronger base in fashion and related disciplines to qualify them well for a successful completion of the following MA learning. The holding of an eligible qualification is not sufficient for joining the MA course.
Fashion Designing Entrance Exam
- The medium/language of the Test will be English only.
- General Proficiency Test (GPT) is administered to judge a candidate’s proficiency in the English language (comprehension, vocabulary, and expression), Language Ability, Logical reasoning, Quantitative ability, Data Interpretation, basic Mathematics, etc.
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT) examines candidates’ aptitude for creativity, drawing, design ability, the power of observation and imagination, sensitivity to environment and communication skills.
- Applicants have the option of opting for maximum 2-course choices. Applicants opting for a Design course in any of the choices will be required to appear for Design Aptitude Test (DAT).
A candidate is judged on various parameters by a panel as listed below:
- Career Focus
- Maturity & Confidence
- General Awareness, Creative and Lateral Thinking
- Ability to Analyze / Logical Reasoning
- Intellectual / Creative Ability
- Portfolio evaluation
- Material Handling Skills (for Design streams)
All candidates are required to undergo a Personal Interview after the Written Admission Test at their respective Entrance Examination Centre. Candidates appearing for the Written Test in Delhi / NCR, Noida, Jaipur, Mumbai and Chennai centers are required to appear for the Personal Interview at respective Pearl Academy Campuses only.
- Admission is based on merit, judged from your performance in the selection procedure.
- The norms of selection based on Written Test and personal interview are the sole prerogative of Pearl Academy and the decision of the Admission Committee and the management in any matters concerning the admission process and selection is the final decision.
- Based on your application, if you are found eligible only then you can appear in an entrance examination (written test and personal interview) at one of the written test centers as notified in the Admit Card.
For Waiver of General Proficiency test & Design Aptitude Test
For UG Applicants
- NATA score card 2017 / 2018
- Applicable only for 4 Year Course in Interior & Spatial Design (Interior Architecture / Interior Design) and 4 Year Course in Product & Lifestyle Design (Industrial Products / Lifestyle Accessories)
- Please enclose a copy of NATA score card 2017 / 2018 (whichever applicable) along with the Application form
For PG Course Applicants
Applicants of PG Course are entitled to the waiver of General Proficiency Test (GPT) only if they have registered a minimum score as mentioned below. Such applicants will be called for Personal Interview directly subject to submission of valid scores.
- AIMA – MAT (2017 / 2018)
- CAT (2017)
- GMAT (2014-2018)
The minimum scores of MAT / CAT / GMAT for a waiver of GPT required are as under:
- Minimum MAT score of 500 or above
- Minimum CAT score of 60 percentile or above
- Minimum GMAT score of 450 or above
Previous Year Question Papers
Candidates can view/download the previous year question paper given below.
For more details of Pearl Academy Admission 2018 check – Information Brochure