The Joint Admission Committee (JAC Chandigarh) has been constituted for conducting admissions to B.E. and B. Arch. courses based on JEE (Main) All India Rank in UIET Chandigarh, PEC University of Technology, UICET Chandigarh, CCET, UIET Hoshiarpur and CCA Chandigarh. Candidates who appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) conducted by CBSE, shall have to take part in the counselling by JAC for admission to the following engineering colleges.
- UIET Chandigarh – University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- PEC University – PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh (Formerly Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh)
- UICET Chandigarh – Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (Formerly known as Deptt. of Chemical Engg. & Technology)
- CCET Chandigarh – Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Sector-26 Chandigarh
- UIET Hoshiarpur – University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur
- CCA Chandigarh – Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
- Round 3 Choice Filling is now available. Check below to fill choices.
- Round 2 seat allotment result has been announced.
- Institute Wise Seat Allotment for JAC Chandigarh Counselling 2016 has been published. Click on “Seat Allotment Result” link given below.
JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admissions 2016
The organising Institute for conducting the JAC Chandigarh Admissions for the session 2016-17 will be University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh. All the candidates declared eligible by CBSE for B.E./B.E. (Chemical) with MBA and B.Arch. counselling are eligible for registration to B.E./ B.E. (Chemical) with MBA and B.Arch. courses for the session 2016-2017 under JAC-2016.
|Online Registration starts from (Subject to declaration of result)||25 Jun 2016|
|Last date for generation of filled Bank Challan||01 Jul 2016 till 5.00 pm|
|Last date for depositing fee in SBI Bank using bank challan||02 Jul 2016 till 12.00 noon|
|Last date for online registration||02 Jul 2016 till 5.00 pm|
Inter-se Merit for Admission
The inter-se merit of the candidates for admission will be determined on the basis of All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main) – 2016 only, except in the Sports Category and the Defence Category. For complete information, kindly refer to the details inside the Information Brochure.
JAC Chandigarh 2016 Counselling
Counselling for JAC Chandigarh admission has been started. Candidates can use the link below to fill the choice for admission in JAC Chandigarh
- Choice filling round 3 – New!
All eligible candidates are required to pay the Registration fees and fill Online Registration Form through Internet (http://www.chdenggadmissions.nic.in) from places convenient to them (Online).
Filling of Online Registration Form followed by payment of Registration Fee by eligible candidates is allowed only once as per schedule. No fresh registrations is allowed in the subsequent rounds of Counselling.
Eligible candidates should log in using Roll Number of JEE (Main) – 2016 and Password created during JEE (Main) – 2016 registration. If the candidate furnishes this information successfully, then system will prompt for change in password.
Candidates are advised to record/remember their password for all future Logins. Confidentiality of the Password is this sole resposibility of the candidate and all care must be taken to protect its security. Candidates are advised not to disclose or share their password with anybody. Neither Joint Admission Committee (JAC-2016) nor NIC is resposible for violation of misuse of the password of the candidate.
- Click here for the detailed information of JAC Chandigarh 2016 counselling.
- During this step, the choices submitted by the candidates are processed centrally and seats are allotted. The allotment result has be published on the website and also communicated through SMS.
- Result of seat allotment will be accessible only after login by the candidate.
- Candidates, who are allotted a seat first time in any of the first three rounds, will be required to complete the following activities:
- Have to pay the online admission fee, an amount of Rs. 40,000/- through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ e-Challan.
- If the candidate pays the online admission fee of Rs. 40,000/- through e-Challan, then the e-Challan details has to be filled by the candidate himself/herself.
- Candidates are also required to submit the Willingness for upgradation (Yes–Upgradation, No–Upgradation) for the subsequent rounds of counseling except 4th (Spot) round.
- Online Provisional Admission letter (containing Seat Allotment Detail, Fee Payment Detail and Willingness for up-gradation) will be generated after completion of steps (a),(b) & (c).
- Those candidates whose fee payment status is confirmed by JAC-2016 will be treated as successful reported candidates against allotted seats.
- Candidates who get seat allotment first time in any of the first three rounds and who do not pay their fee, their allotted seat will be automatically cancelled and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of counseling except the Spot round of counseling.
- A candidate who is offered a seat under different category shall be considered for allotment in General category in subsequent rounds/iterations subject to eligibility and availability of vacant seats.
- If a candidate who is offered a seat under Sports category (based on Sports Rank) or Defence category (based on Defence Rank) then the same choice will not be considered for upgradation under other categories except General category in subsequent rounds/ iterations of seat allotment.
- Candidates who, at any stage, withdraw their provisional admission, will not be considered for subsequent rounds of counseling except Spot round of counseling.
- Candidates who are eligible in Engineering and Architecture stream are required to submit a single set of combined choices including both the streams. The choices related to engineering stream will be processed based on Engineering AIR and choices related to Architecture Stream will be processed based on Architecture AIR. Candidates who are also eligible in Sports or/and Defence seats, the choices related to Sports/Defence seats will be processed based on Sports/Defence Rank. The best option will be finally allotted to candidate.
If you have any queries regarding Chandigarh Engineering admissions 2016, please ask in comments below
Address: Academic Block 1, South Campus, Panjab University, Vidya Path,
Sector 25, Chandigarh, 160036
Phone: 0172 254 1242