JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admissions 2016
The Joint Admission Committee (JAC Chandigarh) has been constituted for conducting admissions to B.E. and B. Arch. courses based on JEE (Main) All India Rank in UIET Chandigarh, PEC University of Technology, UICET Chandigarh, CCET, UIET Hoshiarpur and CCA Chandigarh. Candidates who appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) conducted by CBSE, shall have to take part in the counselling by JAC for admission to the following engineering colleges.
- UIET Chandigarh – University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- PEC University – PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh (Formerly Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh)
- UICET Chandigarh – Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (Formerly known as Deptt. of Chemical Engg. & Technology)
- CCET Chandigarh – Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Sector-26 Chandigarh
- UIET Hoshiarpur – University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur
- CCA Chandigarh – Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh
The organising Institute for conducting the JAC Chandigarh Admissions for the session 2016-17 will be University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
Last year, all those candidates declared eligible by CBSE for BE/ B.Arch counselling were also eligible for registration to B. E. and B. Arch. courses on JAC.
The Registration Process for Chandigarh Engineering Admissions JAC 2016 will start immediately after the declaration of final ranking of JEE(Main) including the weightage of normalised qualifying examination marks.
|Online registration starts||First week July 2016 (expected)|
|Last date for applying & payment||Second week July 2016 (expected)|
|Last date for print out of application form||Second week July 2016 (expected)|
In so far, only the confirmation about the JAC Chandigarh 2016 Counselling has been issued on the PEC University website. The details provided hereunder are based on the previous year’s information and shall be used for reference purpose only. We will update the information here as soon as it is announced officially.
Inter-se Merit for Admission
The inter-se merit of the candidates for admission will be determined on the basis of All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main)-2016 only, except in the Sports Category and the Defence Category. For complete information, kindly refer to the details inside the Information Brochure.
JAC Chandigarh 2015 Counselling
Candidates who will shift within the same institute from one branch to another , shifting from one institute to another and who are allotted a fresh seat in any of the participating institute during spot round of counselling should report for physical verification along with the original documents on August 14 , 2015 at 9.00 AM in the Gymnasium Hall, Panjab University, Chandigarh. ( Notified As on 10.08.2015)
- Click here for the detailed information of JAC Chandigarh 2015 counselling.
- During this step, the choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted. The allotment result will be published on the website and also communicated through SMS.
- Result of seat allotment will be accessible only after login by the candidate. If seat is allotted then seat allotment details will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates, who are allotted a seat first time in any of the first three rounds, will be required to complete the following activities:
- Have to pay the online admission fee, an amount of Rs. 40,000/- through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ e-Challan.
- If the candidate pays the online admission fee of Rs. 40,000/- through e-Challan, then the e-Challan details has to be filled by the candidate himself/herself.
- Candidates are also required to submit the Willingness for upgradation (Yes–Upgradation, No–Upgradation) for the subsequent rounds of counseling except 4th (Spot) round.
- Online Provisional Admission letter (containing Seat Allotment Detail, Fee Payment Detail and Willingness for up-gradation) will be generated after completion of steps (a),(b) & (c).
- Those candidates whose fee payment status is confirmed by JAC-2015 will be treated as successful reported candidates against allotted seats.
- Candidates who get seat allotment first time in any of the first three rounds and who do not pay their fee, their allotted seat will be automatically cancelled and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of counseling except the Spot round of counseling.
- A candidate who is offered a seat under different category shall be considered for allotment in General category in subsequent rounds/iterations subject to eligibility and availability of vacant seats.
- If a candidate who is offered a seat under Sports category (based on Sports Rank) or Defence category (based on Defence Rank) then the same choice will not be considered for upgradation under other categories except General category in subsequent rounds/ iterations of seat allotment.
- Candidates who, at any stage, withdraw their provisional admission, will not be considered for subsequent rounds of counseling except Spot round of counseling.
- Candidates who are eligible in Engineering and Architecture stream are required to submit a single set of combined choices including both the streams. The choices related to engineering stream will be processed based on Engineering AIR and choices related to Architecture Stream will be processed based on Architecture AIR. Candidates who are also eligible in Sports or/and Defence seats, the choices related to Sports/Defence seats will be processed based on Sports/Defence Rank. The best option will be finally allotted to candidate.
If you have any queries regarding Chandigarh Engineering admissions 2016, please ask in comments below
Address: Academic Block 1, South Campus, Panjab University, Vidya Path,
Sector 25, Chandigarh, 160036
Phone: 0172 254 1242