JAC stands for Joint Admission Committee. JAC Chandigarh 2017 is a admission process through which seats are filled in B. Arch., B.E. and B.E.M.B.A. (Chemical) courses offered by colleges of Chandigarh. The JAC admission process is carried out by UIET. No entrance examination is held for the admission. Instead, the seat allocation in JAC Chandigarh is done on the basis of JEE Main 2017 score. Much details have not been revealed for JAC Chandigarh 2017 yet. However, it has been announced that the tentative date for the release of JAC Chandigarh Application Form is June 05, 2017. The candidates may check the process of JAC Chandigarh 2017, date, eligibility, application process and more details from this page.
There are two JAC Admission process. This page is dedicate to JAC Chandigarh 2017. If you are looking for JAC Delhi Admission 2107 then Click Here
JAC Chandigarh 2017
JEE Main 2017 is a national level exam, which is conducted by CBSE for B.E/B.Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan admission in India.
The qualifiers of JEE Main, who are interested in JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017 will be required to apply for it. The registration will be begin online but before doing so, the candidates will have to ensure eligibility.
Participating Institute of JAC Chandigarh are:
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), Panjab University, Chandigarh
- PEC University of Technology (PEC), Chandigarh (Formerly Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh)
- Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology (UICET), Panjab University, Chandigarh (Earlier known as Deptt. of Chemical Engg. and Technology)
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology (CCET), Sector-26 Chandigarh
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology (UIET), Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur
- Chandigarh College of Architecture (CAA), Chandigarh
JAC Chandigarh 2017 Important Dates:
|Online Registration starts from (Subject to declaration of result)||June 05, 2017|
|Last date for generation of filled Bank Challan||4th week of June 2017|
|Last date for depositing fee in SBI Bank using bank challan||1st week of July 2017|
|Last date for online registration||1st week of July 2017|
JAC Chandigarh 2017 Eligibility Criteria
It is mandatory for all the candidates to satisfy the eligibility criteria of JAC Chandigarh 2017. It is as given below:
- Candidate must have qualified JEE Main 2017 and secured a suitable All Indian Rank in it.
- The candidates must have qualified 10+2 in 2016 or appeared for it in 2017.
- Aspirants of B.E must have had Language, Physics, and Mathematics as core subject. Whereas, the B.Arch aspirants must have studied Mathematics as core subject.
- The percentage of B.E candidates in 12th class must not be below 45% (40% for SC/ST/PwD). On the other hand, the B.Arch candidates must have secured minimum of 50% marks.
JAC Chandigarh 2017 Admission Process
The previous year process of JAC Chandigarh Counselling was as mentioned below. Most probably, it will remain the same. However, if new process is announced that will be updated here.
Step-1-Online Registration for JAC Chandigarh Admission 2017: The candidates will be required to apply for the counselling process. To apply, the candidates will have to pay fee amount of around Rs. 1800. The fee will be non-refundable in nature. Hence, the candidates must ensure the eligibility.
Step-2-JAC Chandigarh 2017 Document Verification: Once the candidates are registered they will be required to get their document verified. For verification, candidates will have to go in person. The dates and venue for document verification will be announced soon.
Step-3-Display of Eligibility List: After the verification, the conducting body will release the list of eligible candidates. Candidates, who will make it to the list will be allowed to participate in further rounds of JAC Chandigarh 2017 counselling.
Step-4-Choice Filling and Locking: The registered and eligible candidates will be required to login and submit the choices for the course and colleges. The candidates should be careful while submitting the choices and must put it in the order of priority. The candidates will also have to lock the choices, before the lapse of the deadline.
Step-5-JAC Chandigarh 2017 Seat Allotment: Then, according to JEE Main 2017 All India Rank and submitted choices, the candidates will be allocated seat. The result of seat allotment will also be released online and the candidates will be able to check it from the login.
- Candidates, who will accept the allotment will be required to pay Rs. 40000 as the confirmation fee. The payment can be done online through Net Banking and Debit/Credit Card.
- Along with the fee, the candidates will also be required to submit the willingness for upgradation (willing or not willing to upgrade in spot round).
- In response to this, the candidates will be allotted a provisional seat allotment letter.
- If the candidate opts to withdraw, they will not be considered for subsequent counselling rounds. However, they may participate in spot round.
Step-6-Reporting at the Allotted Institute: Lastly, the candidate will be required to report at the institute in which the seat has been allocated to them. The reporting is to be done after the 3 round of counselling.
JAC Chandigarh 2017 Counselling Rounds
There will be multiple rounds of JAC Chandigarh counselling 2017. In all, there will be 4 round. However, round four will be the spot round, which will be open for all the candidates.
Contact JAC Chandigarh at:
Address: Academic Block 1, South Campus, Panjab University, Vidya Path,
Sector 25, Chandigarh, 160036
Phone: 0172 254 1242
If you have any queries regarding JAC Chandigarh 2017 Engineering/Architecture admissions, please ask in comments below.