JAC Chandigarh Engineering Admissions 2015
The Joint Admission Committee (JAC Chandigarh) has been constituted for conducting admissions to B.E. and B. Arch. courses based on JEE (Main) All India Rank in UIET Chandigarh, PEC University of Technology, UICET Chandigarh, CCET, UIET Hoshiarpur and CCA Chandigarh. Candidates who appear in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) conducted by CBSE, shall have to take part in the counselling by JAC for admission to the following engineering colleges.
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (UIET Chandigarh).
- PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh (Formerly Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh) (PEC University).
- Dr. S. S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Chandigarh (Formerly known as Deptt. of Chemical Engg. & Technology) (UICET Chandigarh).
- Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology, Sector-26 Chandigarh (CCET Chandigarh).
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University SSG Regional Centre, Hoshiarpur (UIET Hoshiarpur).
- Chandigarh College of Architecture, Chandigarh (CCA Chandigarh).
All the candidates declared eligible by CBSE for BE/ B.Arch counselling are eligible for registration to B. E. and B. Arch. courses on JAC.
Latest Notice: Online Registration will start immediately after one day of declaration of JEE(Main) AIR-2015 result. Candidates are advised to keep checking the website regularly.
Candidates may please note that as one more round of Seat Allotment has been added in the admission/allotment process, so candidates are advised to go through the revised admission schedule, Information Brochure and FAQ (which is updated here) for their information.
|Online registration starts||6th July 2015|
|Last date for applying & payment||13th July 2015 till 5.00 pm|
|Last date for print out of application form||13th July 2015 till 5.00 pm|
- Online Registration
- Foreign Nationals / PIO / NRI Admissions
- Cut Offs
- Information Brochure
- Seat Allotment Result
- Spot Round Counselling
Inter-se Merit for Admission
The inter-se merit of the candidates for admission will be determined on the basis of All India Rank obtained in JEE (Main)-2015 only, except in the Sports Category and the Defence Category. For complete information, kindly refer to the details inside the Information Brochure.
JAC Chandigarh 2015 Engineering Admission – Seat Allotment
- During this step, the choices submitted by the candidates will be processed centrally and seats will be allotted. The allotment result will be published on the website and also communicated through SMS.
- Result of seat allotment will be accessible only after login by the candidate. If seat is allotted then seat allotment details will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates, who are allotted a seat first time in any of the first three rounds, will be required to complete the following activities:
- Have to pay the online admission fee, an amount of Rs. 40,000/- through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ e-Challan.
- If the candidate pays the online admission fee of Rs. 40,000/- through e-Challan, then the e-Challan details has to be filled by the candidate himself/herself.
- Candidates are also required to submit the Willingness for upgradation (Yes–Upgradation, No–Upgradation) for the subsequent rounds of counseling except 4th (Spot) round.
- Online Provisional Admission letter (containing Seat Allotment Detail, Fee Payment Detail and Willingness for up-gradation) will be generated after completion of steps (a),(b) & (c).
- Those candidates whose fee payment status is confirmed by JAC-2015 will be treated as successful reported candidates against allotted seats.
- Candidates who get seat allotment first time in any of the first three rounds and who do not pay their fee, their allotted seat will be automatically cancelled and will not be considered for subsequent rounds of counseling except the Spot round of counseling.
- A candidate who is offered a seat under different category shall be considered for allotment in General category in subsequent rounds/iterations subject to eligibility and availability of vacant seats.
- If a candidate who is offered a seat under Sports category (based on Sports Rank) or Defence category (based on Defence Rank) then the same choice will not be considered for upgradation under other categories except General category in subsequent rounds/ iterations of seat allotment.
- Candidates who, at any stage, withdraw their provisional admission, will not be considered for subsequent rounds of counseling except Spot round of counseling.
- Candidates who are eligible in Engineering and Architecture stream are required to submit a single set of combined choices including both the streams. The choices related to engineering stream will be processed based on Engineering AIR and choices related to Architecture Stream will be processed based on Architecture AIR. Candidates who are also eligible in Sports or/and Defence seats, the choices related to Sports/Defence seats will be processed based on Sports/Defence Rank. The best option will be finally allotted to candidate.
If you have any queries regarding Chandigarh Engineering admissions 2015, please ask in comments below.
Address: The JAC-2015 Admission Office, Dr. S.S. Bhatnagar University Institute of Chemical Engineering & Technology (SSBUICET), Sector-14, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014
Phone No.: 0172-2779173, 2534932, 08872020021(Moblie)
Fax No.: 0172-2779173
EMail ID: [email protected]